Superior Sophmore Efforts? (RR)

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    harvey you make being right seem so corny

I prefer corn battered.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Carpetbagging is thinking that no one gave a shit about Wayne until Johnny-Come-Lately NYC journalists started paying attention to Wayne.

OH OK I get it. So you are assuming that some journalist or some asshole with an opinion turned me on to him? It's not possible to discover and enjoy music without somebody else putting you on to it?

No, the question becomes...who put you up to belittling Wayne's pre-Carter catalog, oh wise one?

New Yorkers!

My town by way of SXSW will soon be filled to the brim with New Yorkers thinking that nothing happens without them approving it first.

Oh, the joy.

It sounds to me like they may be coming down there because they need to get it how you know they know they want it.

Archaic must now steel himself for an exhausting weekend of giving it to them how he knows they want it. Might wanna investigate some yohimbe. Or holler at the one Anthony Pearson for some enzyme science.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Carpetbagging is thinking that no one gave a shit about Wayne until Johnny-Come-Lately NYC journalists started paying attention to Wayne.

OH OK I get it. So you are assuming that some journalist or some asshole with an opinion turned me on to him? It's not possible to discover and enjoy music without somebody else putting you on to it?

dude don't take it personally.

depending on what Soulstrut year we are talking about, Harvey-chaic rides for LA underground blowed rap, Houston, New orleans, or, most recently, Austin.

not only can he not decide if he's from the South, but dude can't even decide what the South is. I recall a "Battle of the Maps" on here not to long ago and Harvey's geography game was put on thorough blast.

in his mindgarden he is the protector of all rap scenes that a NY journalist made the mistake of writing about too late for his tastes.

carpetgagging is what he wants it to be.

now get and come it you know how get you want it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

any polvo fans?

Today's active lifestyles >> Cor-crane secret

yes. exploded drawings is even better than those two combined imo

No, the question becomes...who put you up to belittling Wayne's pre-Carter catalog, oh wise one?

I did from listening to it. I can't have an opinion? I knew he was going gold on Cash Money with his earlier shit, I didn't mean nobody cared about him as in people didn't buy his albumns, I meant he never made it out of his "niche" if you will, until the Carter II. He didn't start largely appealing to outside audiences until that point. To put it simply, more people own the Carter II without owning a previous Lil' Wayne album than any other Lil' Wayne album. Is that fact? No, but I'd put my money on it.

I think that's pretty easy to disprove; wouldn't more people own the platinum debut without owning any previous Wayne album (The Carter actually never quite made it to platinum)?

I am not trying to hate, but I do think you're wrong about this. And Cash Money definitely weren't niche artists during that era.

New Yorkers!

My town by way of SXSW will soon be filled to the brim with New Yorkers thinking that nothing happens without them approving it first.

Oh, the joy.

It sounds to me like they may be coming down there because they need to get it how you know they know they want it.

Archaic must now steel himself for an exhausting weekend of giving it to them how he knows they want it. Might wanna investigate some yohimbe. Or holler at the one Anthony Pearson for some enzyme science.

Or better yet, some vintage '89 ecstacy.

Ya got some?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How Ya Like Me Now >>>>>>I'm Kool Moe Dee

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the point everyone's making is

just because you and your friends started paying attention doesn't mean that is indicative of some wider trend.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Oh, the joy.

wrong.

your town will be soon be consumed by nyc'ers & LA'rs who believe that this hat is somehow acceptable because they are in Texas.

dude don't take it personally.

depending on what Soulstrut year we are talking about, Harvey-chaic rides for LA underground blowed rap, Houston, New orleans, or, most recently, Austin.

not only can he not decide if he's from the South, but dude can't even decide what the South is. I recall a "Battle of the Maps" on here not to long ago and Harvey's geography game was put on thorough blast.

in his mindgarden he is the protector of all rap scenes that a NY journalist made the mistake of writing about too late for his tastes.

carpetgagging is what he wants it to be.

now get and come it you know how get you want it.

1. Yes, he should take it personally.

2. I've lived in each of those places you listed and therefore know something about them. And you forgot the Bay.

3. I am from the South...the real South.

4. I'll break any NYC journalist in two like a toothpick.

5. Carpetbagging is carpetbagging.

6. Who else wants it?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dr. Dooom >>>>>>>Sex Style

Oh, the joy.

wrong.

your town will be soon be consumed by nyc'ers & LA'rs who believe that this hat is somehow acceptable because they are in Texas.

Hello, Beauty Bar.

6. Who else wants it?

We must first know how you are giving it. Please advise.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I think that's pretty easy to disprove; wouldn't more people own the platinum debut without owning any previous Wayne album (The Carter actually never quite made it to platinum)?

that's true.

I am not trying to hate, but I do think you're wrong about this. And Cash Money definitely weren't niche artists during that era.

I guess I am wrong or not wording it right or whatever, but oh well. The Carter II is still better than any previous Lil' Wayne album. Yes carpetbagger, I guess!

6. Who else wants it?

Depends on how you want it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

6. Who else wants it?

do we "get it" in the manner in which we want to get it, or is the "it" we get the "it" we wanted to get?

6. Who else wants it?

do we "get it" in the manner in which we want to get it, or is the "it" we get the "it" we wanted to get?

You can either get it like Will Hustle or that one dude from Gutta Gang.

1. Yes, he should take it personally.

I don't know you, so forgive me if I don't take anything you say personally. Or seriously, for that matter. No offense.

What about Superior Fourth Efforts?

Things Fall Apart.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

just because you and your friends started paying attention doesn't mean that is indicative of some wider trend.

Ahhh - so it's jumping on the bandwagon b/w thinking it wasn't cool/great until you hopped on board.

Good stuff. Let the infighting continue. No use of the "Harvey Canal" graemlin yet?

I'll add a little fuel by saying I often side with Harvey/Archaic.

Alright, not really, but I respect the fact that he speaks his mind.

I'll leave the potential clowning inherent in that statement to others.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I don't even know who the hell "Wayne" is?? But you guys seem to be getting pretty worked up about it.

problem with that idea is, i had listened to wayne before the carter 2 came out. i never really liked him. and yes i did like other south rap, even other cash money (BG chopper city for instance), that carter 2 album got me open though. same with a lot of other people in the world. i guess we're all "carpet baggers". it was my mistake for saying that nobody cared about his shit. ok, i'm done.

• I don't even know who the hell "Wayne" is??

Get familiar.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I don't know. This doesn't make sense to me. Its like if you're in pro sports & playing on a farm team. Sure, you might have some fans in Palookaville, and that's cute & all, but you want to play in the bigs.

Its like if you're in pro sports & playing on a farm team. Sure, you might have some fans in Palookaville, and that's cute & all, but you want to play in the bigs.

Now say that same thing, but say it in the way that Jim Jones would say it.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    question in the form of an answer > the next step

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Genocide and Juice Kill My Landlord

E-Rock = Flava Flav >>>> E-Rock = Phife Dawg

G&J is a bit more cohesive, and "The Name Game" is on some shit.

But I still fucks with Landlord.

• rawmanrawman 16 Posts

i also concur with supreme clientele, but not hell hath no fury...

My picks:

the white stripes
    the pharcyde

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

any polvo fans?

Today's active lifestyles >> Cor-crane secret

yes. exploded drawings is even better than those two combined imo

Its all about Today's Active

:Real NC Headz Know the Deal:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Hell Hath No Fury >>>> Lord Willin

Though I know I'm in the minority

You really think so? Most people are on that Hell Hath shit like glue but haven't heard anything but "Grindin'" from Lord Willin'.

Who is 'most people'????? There was like 3-4 hits off the first album.

You're hanging around the wrong crowd......