I got beat jacked on the rich boy album

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I would be a lot angrier if i didn't have anything else in the works coming out, but i figure id post this as a lesson for people getting in to the production game. Shit is basically a sample with some claps on it that i did in 10 minutes 4 years ago, but its still like damn..... especially because i was hoping to hear some shit on the rich boy album that would inspire me to make some new beats, and then all i hear is my throwaways from 4 years ago. The funny part is aqua getting further jacked for a co-production credit by polow. Even though i think Polow probably put the whole song together, neither of them really did shit to my original track. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=63F815F569C0E592heres the rich boy trackhttp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3E61ED7931AAEFB1heres my beat. whats the lesson here? I dunno really. The music industry is shady? Sample beats are easy to steal? Ghost producers are everywhere? All of these things are true, so i guess if they are news to anybody then take heed. I know i don't really have any legal recourse, but these dudes ain't even pay me for my ghost production so i guess ill just put it out there that i did it for the very few people who might actually care. Again, i got other shit in the works, so it ain't like this is that big of a deal to me, but i think its kinda interesting.

Comments

• next thing you know, even timbaland is jacking your shit

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn, you better get a diss video on Youtube with a quickness! Let them know they can't do a bowse like that!

For real, though, that is pretty foul.

• ultraultra 23 Posts
    Dam son thats some grimy shit...Industry rule number 4080..Record company people are shady.....Dont worry bro youll make more and get your props by keeping your integrity..Think of it as a cheap although painful lesson....Ultra

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    B,

What's the OG? This is mad familiar to me.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    That's some foul shit. You should definitley be seeing some kind of money from that.

That sample sounds real familliar and I know I have it here somewhere. You added horns to it too, right? Haha, I'm wonding if I sent it to you back in the day. Now that would be comedy all around.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Loran's dance.

Loran's dance.

Word? Damn, I haven't heard that name dropped in a while.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Loran's dance.

Horns yes, but not the music underneath unless I'm completely trippin.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Yeah, I meant the horns.

Bass/guitar: some reggae version of 'world is a ghetto'?

• I don't get it, so you're Aqua?

Yeah, I meant the horns.

Bass/guitar: some reggae version of 'world is a ghetto'?

Yeah - that's what I was hearing, not "Loran's Dance."

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    It's the Mudies Allstars version of "Lorans Dance".
    Killer reggae version, featured on 500% Dynamite.
    Who's got an OG?
    Where does it appear? LP? 12"? 7"?
    Info plaese...
    Coffin
    Aleit
    Paycheck
    help a brotha out!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    not to jack this thread (aqua must be a sheisty mofo) but the rich boy album is sounding really really weak

not to jack this thread (aqua must be a sheisty mofo) but the rich boy album is sounding really really weak

I guess I expected more from a Polow-produced project but yeah, a lot of it just sounded mad generic.

• I would be a lot angrier if i didn't have anything else in the works coming out, but i figure id post this as a lesson for people getting in to the production game. Shit is basically a sample with some claps on it that i did in 10 minutes 4 years ago, but its still like damn..... especially because i was hoping to hear some shit on the rich boy album that would inspire me to make some new beats, and then all i hear is my throwaways from 4 years ago.

The funny part is aqua getting further jacked for a co-production credit by polow. Even though i think Polow probably put the whole song together, neither of them really did shit to my original track.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=63F815F569C0E592
    heres the rich boy track

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3E61ED7931AAEFB1
    heres my beat.

whats the lesson here? I dunno really. The music industry is shady? Sample beats are easy to steal? Ghost producers are everywhere? All of these things are true, so i guess if they are news to anybody then take heed. I know i don't really have any legal recourse, but these dudes ain't even pay me for my ghost production so i guess ill just put it out there that i did it for the very few people who might actually care.

Again, i got other shit in the works, so it ain't like this is that big of a deal to me, but i think its kinda interesting.

Rich Boy is garbage, I enjoyed listening to your beat though and I am curious, how did they get hold of your beat?.

I wouldn't worry, Rich Boy with his gay writing on his chest, munched up cleft lip and his boring, way played out gangster steez will be forgotten in a few months.

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    Post deleted by UnDos3

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    That is some A-class bullshit right there.

you need to get paid on that. there is no question that that is your beat.

fuckers.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Yeah I listened to it this morning and must confess I've already forgotten every track apart from Throw Some D's. Funny that the best beat is actually produced by Butta with a co-production by Polow Da Don.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, you better get a diss video on Youtube with a quickness! Let them know they can't do a bowse like that!

lol, you know that was my first thought! But im really not that mad. Like i said i got other shit in the works.

But back in the day, how they got the beat was i used to work with aqua. As a ghost producer. He kinda put me on in a way. Let me work off equipment by doing music cues for the George Lopez show that he scored.

But then he robbed it all back from me and sent goons to take back all my zip discs, and my work. I don't think i would have even said anything if he had paid me for ghost producing. But as it is i just don't give a fuck.

This all happened nearly 5 years ago though, and I have no ill will really towards these people. At the time i had to crawl back, but this is not an industry horror story post cause i'm doing good.

The funny thing is i was just talking to polow like 2 weeks ago at the studio about the rich boy album. who knew?

As for the beat, yeah its lorans dance. Cant remember the artist, it came off some reggae comp i got on soulseek! But i didn't put any horns on it. mabye they did in the rich boy version. I dunno.

But if anyone ever comes off this site and actually gets into the industry i think they might be disappointed to find out how much of it is actually an illusion.

I assure you though, that the next release im posting here about will have my name on it.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Man, that's damn near a STRAIGHT jack!

BSides88, I always thought you had a great ear and an incredible talent for making beats. I hope can't wait until you get the shine, props and $$$ you deserve!

Herm

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    if they didn't clear the sample you should definately snitch on em. they won't be laughing if they have all their product pulled from the shelf!

Man, that's damn near a STRAIGHT jack!

BSides88, I always thought you had a great ear and an incredible talent for making beats. I hope can't wait until you get the shine, props and $$$ you deserve!

Herm

thank you man. Soon hopefully!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Who's got an OG?
    Info plaese...

There's a dub version of it sans horns called "Heavy Duty Dub" on this:

I know the horn version is on a 7" (probably with that dub on the flip??).

It's funny, because I had that Mudie/Tubby jawn for years, and I never thought of it as being a cover version of "Loran's Dance" until someone (K in Canada??) posted an mp3 of the horn version in a weekend finds post here last year. That's where I saw a pic of the 7" too.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Who's got an OG?
    Info plaese...

There's a dub version of it sans horns called "Heavy Duty Dub" on this:

I know the horn version is on a 7" (probably with that dub on the flip??).
    bks

Thanks!
    I've been trying to cop that one for awhile...
    My dub want list is short and that one is near the top along with:

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    that sucks you got lavertied

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

what does that mean?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    if they didn't clear the sample you should definately snitch on em.

DAG, what part of the game is that?

B- that sucks. Keep it moving, you'll be ok.

B- that sucks. Keep it moving, you'll be ok.

Its cool man, im good. I just figured id put it out there.

thanks though.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I have to be honest, it crossed my mind to suggest that as well.