I got beat jacked on the rich boy album

13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    man, the similarity is undeniable....but as they say, nobody owns samples! if you dont wanna get your beats jacked, i suggest flippin the shit differnt or diggin deeper! rap dudes are assholes! this beat must have been real easy for those fools to jack too! for you my man!

• matter of fact, people who make beats off of mp3s deserve to get their beats jacked.

i love when dudes want you to give em samples, when you can really buy the track off me.

the worst is when you get calls from major labels...like "is this kon from kon and amir ? " uhhh yes..
    "well we need the pub info for sample clearance...we jacked shit right off your cd" FUCK YOU.

consulting fee.thank you.

cats do forget shit...i got a call from a well known producer..asking to help out another celeb producer, cuz he forgot what he sampled. so now in a meeting with wendy goldstein ( massive ego).
    the track that was sampled was GARBAGE!!! so so bad...i knew what it was from. the group went nowhere, and i got jerked on that one.
    i have sent a few beat cds out, knowing how this works...cats want full mixed versions and shit??!!
    helllllll no. you will get a clean enough copy of the beat, unmixed, but good enough to write to.
    2 tracking shit and voice-ing it is mad shady. this game is all too frustrating, i been making beats since 1990....the only shit that ever went right was with rawkus...shit is discouraging.
    aside from that aint nobody tryin to book you as a dj cuz you make hip hop beats, where as you make 1 hit dance record (armand van helden ) your on...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    matter of fact, people who make beats off of mp3s deserve to get their beats jacked.

i love when dudes want you to give em samples, when you can really buy the track off me.

the worst is when you get calls from major labels...like "is this kon from kon and amir ? " uhhh yes..
    "well we need the pub info for sample clearance...we jacked shit right off your cd" FUCK YOU.

There was a Redman vid on Youtube where the beat was jacked off the 3 sinister Syllables CD, but it seems to have been removed. Anyway, consulting fee/ransom is the way to go

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yo Bren, let me just tell you this. I got beat jacked for a joint that me and my man did TWICE, both for huge artists. One time we went in and flipped a pretty recognizable UBB joint in a studio, left copies of the masters up there, and less than a month later our beat (changed up just a little) came out as a remix for one of the biggest artists in the world, who just happened to be on the label that owned the studio we recorded in. About a year later, one of the joints we shopped ended up being jacked for the breakout single of a pretty huge rap group, also on a major.

It put me off of producing for many years. Just made me sick, makes me sick still just thinking about it. But you shouldn't let that dissuade you. Take it from me. Had I not gotten so disgusted by "the game" and stayed on the horse who knows what would be popping right now, but I folded, dude. I wish i didn't and now years later I'm still trying to make up ground. Brendan you're one of the most talented dudes on this board. Just hold your head and you're gonna be okay. I know that sounds corny right now but it's true.

thank you for that. I know how it is though. Most of my newer beats dont even have samples. this shit is from 4 years ago and i got more shit on deck. It sucks, but id be alot more pissed if i hadnt already bounced back from that bad situation. Im not gonna stop, its in my blood so dont even trip.

I'm gonna keep sampling mp3's too just for y'all haters. Nevermind the fact that i got more wax than most of you bitch ass little dudes anyways.

matter of fact, people who make beats off of mp3s deserve to get their beats jacked.

cats do forget shit...i got a call from a well known producer..asking to help out another celeb producer, cuz he forgot what he sampled. so now in a meeting with wendy goldstein ( massive ego).
    the track that was sampled was GARBAGE!!! so so bad...i knew what it was from. the group went nowhere, and i got jerked on that one.
    i have sent a few beat cds out, knowing how this works...cats want full mixed versions and shit??!!
    helllllll no. you will get a clean enough copy of the beat, unmixed, but good enough to write to.
    2 tracking shit and voice-ing it is mad shady. this game is all too frustrating, i been making beats since 1990....the only shit that ever went right was with rawkus...shit is discouraging.
    aside from that aint nobody tryin to book you as a dj cuz you make hip hop beats, where as you make 1 hit dance record (armand van helden ) your on...

GIVE ME SOME SAMPLES KON! kthxbye.

• matter of fact, people who make beats off of mp3s deserve to get their beats jacked.

GIVE ME SOME SAMPLES KON! kthxbye.

ha haaa your funny !!! its all about sampling from indie as fuck artists.
    jake im sure you must have some kinda bite takin out your checks after % are split...master useage and all that bs.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "is this kon from kon and amir ? " uhhh yes..

That's fucking hilarious. Do most these labels cough up the consulting fee?

• "is this kon from kon and amir ? " uhhh yes..

That's fucking hilarious. Do most these labels cough up the consulting fee?

both. wendy jerked me...no ayyyooo. virgin was full of shit...and i never gave up any info.
    other endeavors have worked out ok tho...when dealing with a corporate scenario...shits all protocol, and its like waitin on babies.

ive had another cat ask me to snitch for him...his family owns quite a bit of publishing...they are so so rich.meanwhile the actual artists that recorded for them are broke... good thing money is not my ruler for success.
    thats violating.

I wouldn't snitch on the sample man. come on.

GIVE ME SOME SAMPLES KON!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Can i just say: Who gives a fuck if the source material was MP3, Vinyl, Pots and Pans or fucking Chicken Sqwaks, its all about the talent.

I swear to god the next time some fucking toy pipes up about how keeping it real equates to the medium being more important than the message, i will personally fly to his house and hurt his feelings.

Fucking bullshit in the music industry: i have stories for days about my A&R days, I worked for a small imprint that was owned by one of the majors, shit they pulled on the artists, tried to have me pull on the artists and eventually pulled on me makes me sick when i think about it.

But talented people will continue to do what the do because its what they do.

Hating on someones game because of the tools used in the final product? sounds like someones salty that the beats they make with only 1st printings of the illest braeks are shit and noone wants to listen except their little myspace posse.

fuck im in a bad mood this morning.

Can i just say: Who gives a fuck if the source material was MP3, Vinyl, Pots and Pans or fucking Chicken Sqwaks, its all about the talent.

I swear to god the next time some fucking toy pipes up about how keeping it real equates to the medium being more important than the message, i will personally fly to his house and hurt his feelings.

Fucking bullshit in the music industry: i have stories for days about my A&R days, I worked for a small imprint that was owned by one of the majors, shit they pulled on the artists, tried to have me pull on the artists and eventually pulled on me makes me sick when i think about it.

But talented people will continue to do what the do because its what they do.

Hating on someones game because of the tools used in the final product? sounds like someones salty that the beats they make with only 1st printings of the illest braeks are shit and noone wants to listen except their little myspace posse.

fuck im in a bad mood this morning.

trust me, i am very much not concerned with these types of bitches.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

I'm gonna keep sampling mp3's too just for y'all haters. Nevermind the fact that i got more wax than most of you bitch ass little dudes anyways.
    FUCK YEAH!

I dont give a fuck if you sample 8 tracks, lps, mp3s, farting into a mic. If that shit is hot, its hot regardless.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I have received numerous calls and emails from WELL KNOWN producers asking me to give them samples, publishing info. and all that. NO. Do your own digging jack ass' - seriously. I should give you records I went out and found so you can get paid and I can get nothing out of it at all? I have provided shit for groups that has came out on major labels. I did not produce the beats but I did give them the loop and drums that was used. I got no thank you, shout, credit or money. I got nothing. I know Phil Soulman has done the same. There are many reasons why I don't have my label any longer or even really try to produce. Also, what exactly is up with D. ******R? I just met this dude in NY last month and have heard nothing but bad stuff about him from industry cats. At the same time though he has put people on. Please shed some light on him? Mad Izm and Jake know and maybe others but I don't.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I met '3H' years ago in NY. Never liked the kid, was always something shady about him.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21it's a beat you looped off of an mp3 and you don't even know who you sampled, you shouldn't get too asshurt over that.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21matter of fact, people who make beats off of mp3s deserve to get their beats jacked.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21so salty in hereb, 21b, 21AHAHHAAHAAHAA b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jeigh.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/841.gif" alt="" /1

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    What really must hurt is how that Rich Boy album so quickly became a modern classic and a touchstone for a generation.

• i didn't get to hear the original track

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21What really must hurt is how that Rich Boy album so quickly became a modern classic and a touchstone for a generation.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21his mixtape this year was pretty nice