Jake One Youtube video

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Cool video. Nice beat. Props to Jake One and G-Unit. Cosign on all the positive shit said about G-Unit. They know how to recognize talent and they have the resources to help put talented people on. How can you hatt on that?

soulstrut is getting dumber and dumber.

It seems cause dudes own 5 records they feel like that have rights to post here. What ever happened to sonning guys like this off the baord?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Cool video. Nice beat. Props to Jake One and G-Unit. Cosign on all the positive shit said about G-Unit. They know how to recognize talent and they have the resources to help put talented people on. How can you hatt on that?

You calling me dumb? Go take a walk, son.

• Cool video. Nice beat. Props to Jake One and G-Unit. Cosign on all the positive shit said about G-Unit. They know how to recognize talent and they have the resources to help put talented people on. How can you hatt on that?

It seems cause dudes own 5 records they feel like that have rights to post here. What ever happened to sonning guys like this off the baord?

cute!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    stop posting

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Isn't he "Grope?"

Wasn't he already "sonned off the board?"

Regardless, this dude is a clown of the 3 Ring variety,
    making a jackass of himself in every thread he invades.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh, and dope video & beat, Jake - watched it last night,
    and the head was in full nod.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    What happened to the good old days when people used to get bashed??? I mean i know people that was SCARED to post here because of Fauxrillz and such...LOL. I liked that. That's why i came here. Now you got "some dudes with 5 vinyls" everywhere in here?? How the fuck can we end up debating if placing a beat on G-Unit is good or not.
    The beat he dropped for Scrappy and 50 is .
    Dude can go from 8Ball to Dela in a minute and he dont water-down his style to sell some. It's rare. One in a million nowadays. I'm not dick-riding, but we need more people like Jake and M0ss (and me) in the bizness...ans less "5 records owners" ovr here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn, I had no idea there was a little dude party up in this thread!

This is great.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Jake One is on some OCD hand rubbing steez though haha

That's what producers do when they ballin! They rub they hands like that! BALLIN!!! Yo I want to rub my hands like that when I make a beat but my shit ain't so hot so I just scratch my nuts..

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

That's what producers do when they ballin! They rub they hands like that! BALLIN!!! Yo I want to rub my hands like that when I make a beat but my shit ain't so hot so I just scratch my nuts..

you know if you rub your nuts instead of scratching them then maybe a little something more will come of it instead of just a kinda hot beat

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The MPC-Tutor Little Dudes are feeling it:
    http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=68851 (4 pager)

• stop posting

What?...opinions aren't allowed on here oh great dictator of Soul Strut?
    Dude, you're coming with some Jake One gossip hotline shit when the man himself posts here. Do you not see how corny that is?

Nope, I'm not and I never said it was official, I said I read it somewhere...what's it like on that giant pedestal up there, sorry I'm not better than you are...is there room for any more or is just you and Brian?

I must try harder.

If you're going to try harder at anything, you might want to start with not getting asshurt over opinions that run contrary to your own, a.k.a. Soulstrut Rule of Survival #1.

what makes you think I am "asshurt"?, I was merely defending myself and I was unaware that having your own opinion means that you are backpacking hater...according to the Soulstrut Gods.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Cool to see the process...
    Nice beat Wizzle!
    Classic Jake, "I don't understand people who keep buying equipment,
    when they don't know how to use what they already have" or something to
    that effect.
    LOL did you have anyone we know in mind when you said that?

Naw, just seems like guys have hella effects pedals and 5,000 keyboards and make no blap. Ironically I bought like 10 keyboards that I don't know how to use couple months after making that video with Chinese Mike.

Damn I wonder who put this on youtube?

Nicely done, Jake, from a fellow ASR-10 disciple. It's not what you use but how you use it!!! Old relic 16-bit all day, aiiday!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    awesome video.
    classic thread.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

you know if you rub your nuts instead of scratching them then maybe a little something more will come of it instead of just a kinda hot beat

AYYYOOO!!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

That's how it is. You get amped when you're layin' down some funky shit!!! "Oh boy, this is some hot shit right here.." is what you're expressing through those repetitive movements. Cookin' up heat!!! You can't program the shit fast enough to hear the heat you've conceptualized in your mind. For here, to my young beatmakin' lads out there, is where funky tracks originate. Breaks and LPs alone do not a hot producer make.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• don't be hating on jake cuz he makes that paper, these underground cats is BROKE

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I'm a fan of all the Placebo Lp's,But Weather Reports "Sweetnighter" shits on all of them.
    What's Up Jake.I'm about to have a collection that will hurt your feelings!Call in about 2 weeks.Missing the Bay Yet?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I'm a fan of all the Placebo Lp's,But Weather Reports "Sweetnighter" shits on all of them.
    What's Up Jake.I'm about to have a collection that will hurt your feelings!Call in about 2 weeks.Missing the Bay Yet?

Man I was down there Wedsnesday for the day but business kept me away from GM! I'll be back thru in April though.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What's up Jake? No more SF, you back in Seatown?
    Holla!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    JAKEONE = BLAPKING!

see you this summer holmes.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    awesome video.
    classic thread.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Wow, a whole lotta food for thought in this thread and straight idiocy as well. Truly Free! Dope dope record shoulda copped it off Cool Chris when I had the chance haha... I've heard Placebo on so many mixes now that its kinda lost its appeal to me for the moment, but maaan I flipped out the first time I heard that LP!!! Sweetnighter is an all time jazz funk classic though. Nice vid and beat Jake, I agree that the fill worked in at the end was Keep on stackin beats and yaper dude its an inspiration!

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    This video was very enlightening. I have no idea what Jake was doing with all those buttons on his keyboard, or how he got it programmed to make all those different types of sounds - are those floppy disks? - but it was very cool to watch. And that Cleveland record sounds great.

I think that Jake and Big Stacks should have a beat off. And make a video.

Fuckyou homophobes.
    JRoot

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    awesome video.
    classic thread.

That shit was truly dope to watch, inspiring too.

Jake, you got an extra copy of that MC ADE record? Haven't seen one of those in years!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    stop posting

What?...opinions aren't allowed on here oh great dictator of Soul Strut?
    Dude, you're coming with some Jake One gossip hotline shit when the man himself posts here. Do you not see how corny that is?

Nope, I'm not and I never said it was official, I said I read it somewhere...what's it like on that giant pedestal up there, sorry I'm not better than you are...is there room for any more or is just you and Brian?

I must try harder.

If you're going to try harder at anything, you might want to start with not getting asshurt over opinions that run contrary to your own, a.k.a. Soulstrut Rule of Survival #1.

what makes you think I am "asshurt"?, I was merely defending myself and I was unaware that having your own opinion means that you are backpacking hater...according to the Soulstrut Gods.

There's nothing wrong with having opinions or defending them. When you defend an opinion from the position that it's the Correct Opinion, and get tetchy with people who challenge that position by referring to them as "dictators" or "Soulstrut Gods"...well, I usually find that to be a pretty good indicator of asshurtedness.

And since Jake One himself has pretty much said in this very thread that doing indie beats has not made him absurdly rich, and has in fact resulted in him getting disproportionately jerked around (so much for Tru Skool values), the foundation of your argument really ain't that strong at this point.

Oh, yeah - I nearly forgot. Video was dope.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

heh

as long as you are joking , it is ok.

• awesome video.

That shit was truly dope to watch, inspiring too.

that beat was made with quickness too. the mark of a professional! funny, I recently picked up that islamic soul record in a dollar bin. FEELIN IT... at least parts of it. I wanna make a beat now. and sell it. and buy a house.

• good video... hasn't that Pacebo LP got the song "you got me hummin'" on it?? i like "sweetnighter" as much as the next man - but that "hummin" song is better than all weather report combined... love that track.

• humpty dumpty...