Jake One Youtube video

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    It's not even that rare

• It's not even that rare

what? you're trying to play smart? i doubt you are. you didn't even care about the record before saomeone said it was funky or had a break. be honest, there's nothing you could talk about here.

• G-Unit are fucking garbage and one of the main reasons Hip Hop is so fucked up, there is no talent in what they do...Jake One was making dope beats and getting paid for many years ( long before those clowns)...he didn't make enough to buy a house don't give me that shit...I read that he wasn't happy with the outcome with one of his tracks and hasn't worked with them since.

WHAT are you talking about? You think people make money producing independent underground hip-hop records? What fantasy land are you living in? Where did you read that Jake hasn't worked with G-Unit since some track that he wasn't happy with? Backpackers monthly? Jake has two songs on the Young Buck album that is coming out at the end of the month and the hommie Vitamin D has a joint on the album as well. You are really a funny dude.

That was a nice vid and I understand people being mad at G-Unit, but I would only be mad if people like wizzle and d are not paid $$$$$ for their beats on a g-unit related release. I heard that was the case with disco d. From what I heard, Cat never saw a dime...

noone said it would be cool to work with g-unit. NO ONE. i wouldn't complain about not getting paid. working with those kinda guys is straight dumb anyway.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    i wouldn't complain about not getting paid. working with those kinda guys is straight dumb anyway.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    It's not even that rare

what? you're trying to play smart? i doubt you are. you didn't even care about the record before saomeone said it was funky or had a break. be honest, there's nothing you could talk about here.

I just now realized that I missed you at this board with all your asshurtedness. And for you, it might not be rare because every store in M**b**g has three mint copies at 15,99. Take that ish to recordconventions.com.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Coldgettindumb is The Madd Poster! Dude has been dropping dimes for a minute now, yall have just been sleeping. I mean dude dissed Beyonce in a thread about the Swimsuit Issue!

Some of you dudes really know how to play yourselves.

Jake is the truth.... what's up family, I got some new moder!

• It's not even that rare

I just now realized that I missed you at this board with all your asshurtedness. And for you, it might not be rare because every store in M**b**g has three mint copies at 15,99. Take that ish to recordconventions.com.

Buddy, the record is on CBS. So there must be more than 500 copies, OK? I know several people who own a copy. It's hard to find, but it's not one of the rarest records in Europe. I'm pretty sure about that.

And I'm not asshurt. I just think some people on here talk a lot of nonsense.

Oh, and by the way, you can say Marburg, I don't mind. Why should I?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    We need some "not knowing raer" people to take a Placebo / Weather Report "Pepsi Challenge".

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    stop posting

What?...opinions aren't allowed on here oh great dictator of Soul Strut?

If you are gonna go against the grain you need to have the stones
    to weather the storm.
    That said, YOU ARE A RETARD!
    That German Hip Hop Purity attitude just makes me laugh....

• That German Hip Hop Purity attitude just makes me laugh....

I missed that part. Where is it?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    A couple of people in this thread have got their Jansports up in a bunch...lame...

Sick video though, feeling the beat, Jake One is on some OCD hand rubbing steez though haha

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    word. hot beat and some words of wisom...shit sounds niiiiice.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Little Dude Olympics.

• Don't even know why I'm wading into the shallow end of the soulstrut kiddie pool, but I just gotta point out to all the GUnit haters out there that these dudes are LITERALLY the only big-time commercial rap cats who consistently give shine to underground production talent. They have a pretty cool policy of giving slots on these albums to whoever has the most righteous blap and you can deliver your beats to them straight through a gmail account and get the same consideration as some dude who had his Bigtyme Manager Dood drop off a cd. In fact they kinda favor lesser-known cats because obviously it costs less to purchase the beats. Say what you will about the music of G Unit, but D Prosper and Sha actually deserve big props for putting on lots of bedroom producers.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Placebo sounds like Wheather Report. And G-Unit like Madlib.

I'm not a huge fan of Marc Moulin, but Placebo is definitely better than Wheather Report. And it's understandable that it's an expensive record. It's not even that rare, but it's obscure and sought-after. Like a 500 Dollar postcard or book. No need to call it 'nothing special'. 'Nothing special' for a big time modern hip hop producer with the cash to pay for any record, but 'something special' for the collectro.

And hey, I wouldn't even dare to say anything about Placebo, cause that stuff is definitely better than those synth lines over guitar stabs. Man, I wish those old musicians would have made that much money.

I bet a lot of dudes sweat ball of eyes without having heard weather report. People chase raer while not getting familiar with the classic shit. They just chase the records that older heads give props to, without having put in time to check other materal. I'm betting that holds true for most of the new dudes who are posting here.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    And props to Jake. That was a cool video.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    And props to Jake. That was a cool video.

and shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Don't even know why I'm wading into the shallow end of the soulstrut kiddie pool, but I just gotta point out to all the GUnit haters out there that these dudes are LITERALLY the only big-time commercial rap cats who consistently give shine to underground production talent. They have a pretty cool policy of giving slots on these albums to whoever has the most righteous blap and you can deliver your beats to them straight through a gmail account and get the same consideration as some dude who had his Bigtyme Manager Dood drop off a cd. In fact they kinda favor lesser-known cats because obviously it costs less to purchase the beats. Say what you will about the music of G Unit, but D Prosper and Sha actually deserve big props for putting on lots of bedroom producers.

Z**,

Apparently, you haven't been reading. G-Unit are responsible for the current death of hip-hop. They are the Judas to the hip-hop Jesus, the cancer to the hip-hop body, the fly in the great bowl of clam chowder that is hip-hop.

When you don't diss G-Unit, you diss yourself.

...or so says the new purveyors of hip-hop AND breakz righteousness who are now gracing our site.

Seriously, the asshurt level (not to mention typos-per-post ratio) is just rocketing right now.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

G-Unit are fucking garbage and one of the main reasons Hip Hop is so fucked up, there is no talent in what they do...Jake One was making dope beats and getting paid for many years ( long before those clowns)...he didn't make enough to buy a house don't give me that shit...I read that he wasn't happy with the outcome with one of his tracks and hasn't worked with them since.

What year are you posting from? My guess is '97....

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i was worried this was gonna be 4 pages of production and gear nerdery...but it turned out much more amusing.

hot beat (foundation)... nice to see someone rockin a ASR10
    i like the part where you sort of beatbox the fill/transition in the "final" playback.

keep doin yer thing, wizzle

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thanks for sharing the video.
    Its real nice to see someone as succesful and talented as Jake can stil be a down to earth dude.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    stop posting

What?...opinions aren't allowed on here oh great dictator of Soul Strut?

If you are gonna go against the grain you need to have the stones
    to weather the storm.
    That said, YOU ARE A RETARD!
    That German Hip Hop Purity attitude just makes me laugh....

You must not be familiar with German hiphop's superiority to G-Unit.

Get familiar son!

Ich bin nicht Pac, ich bin nicht Biggie, nicht Ja, nicht Fifity, nicht Nas
    Nicht Richie Rich, Bitch, ich schreib Bars und spitt sie
    Komm nicht zu nah, ich bin grade busy
    Mein Kommentar: You aint fuckin with me

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Sayin' Chan - people still think Nas was being serious when he said, "props is a true thug's wife" or O.C. was yammering about "I'd rather be broke and have a lot of respect."

These days, you can have the respect AND the mortgage paid.

Jake one is dope. One of the best producers in the game right now. Nice to peep his record steelz.

He has been dope for many, many years right from the Conception Records label, but he wastes beats on no talent losers like G Unit and that.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jake+One

WOW! Wastes beats on G-Unit? Those G-Unit tracks are buying Jake a new house foolio. You think he should just "keep it real" and sell all his tracks to some underground "real" rappers and never see any money for his years of hard work? You REALLY got jokes with that one mayne. Do you know ANYTHING about the music industry and making a living? You should be a stand up comedian with shit like that! HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You're funny!

G-Unit are fucking garbage and one of the main reasons Hip Hop is so fucked up, there is no talent in what they do...Jake One was making dope beats and getting paid for many years ( long before those clowns)...he didn't make enough to buy a house don't give me that shit...I read that he wasn't happy with the outcome with one of his tracks and hasn't worked with them since.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude but underground rap never really made me any money. Even if I was supposed to cake off of something indie, most times I got jerked. That hasn't been the case since I've been doin stuff on major labels the past couple years, if anything they screw you legally with paperwork. I'm still doin whatever that comes in front of me, from the smallest to the big.

BTW goin off what Stein was sayin, 40 did something to this beat already. Probably won't see the light of day because he records a million songs for a album though.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    vid.

• Little Dude Olympics.

for a Soulstrutter: yes

for anyone else: not

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HonkyFipple v. Coldgettingdumb

who y'all got? for me it's a toss-up.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Little Dude Olympics.

for a Soulstrutter: yes

for anyone else: not

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Cool video. Nice beat. Props to Jake One and G-Unit. Cosign on all the positive shit said about G-Unit. They know how to recognize talent and they have the resources to help put talented people on. How can you hatt on that?

• Cool video. Nice beat. Props to Jake One and G-Unit. Cosign on all the positive shit said about G-Unit. They know how to recognize talent and they have the resources to help put talented people on. How can you hatt on that?

soulstrut is getting dumber and dumber.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

soulstrut is getting dumber and dumber.

maybe youre the one whos getting dumber... or maybe youre just dumbing down the site.