NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I just skimmed it, but you know the usual stuff. "He's our glue." He shoulda got the cover.

Watching Josh every night you can see he has that natural "knack" to be around the ball and make things happen.....he is very Rodman-like in the respect that he seems to know where the ball is going to be and will beat his opponent with hustle.

But of course I'm the same guy who truly believes Rodman could have averaged 20 points a game if he was asked to.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Did anyone see Kareem the other day when they asked him who the 5 players in the league he enjoyed watching most were and Josh Howard was on the list!!

U should pick up the latest SLAM magazine for the Josh Howard interview/feature.

Haven't read it yet, but the Dallas Observer had an amazing article on #5 about a month back. Josh is really a special cat and a fantastic young player.

What did you think of the SLAM piece, Batmon?

I just skimmed it, but you know the usual stuff. "He's our glue." He shoulda got the cover.

Oh okay. I thought maybe it went more into his youth and some of the ish he went through.

Why GP, do you seek further information on Howard's personal trials? I seem to recall being derided for my "soap opera"-like view of the NBA when I evinced such interests last week.

Why GP, do you seek further information on Howard's personal trials? I seem to recall being derided for my "soap opera"-like view of the NBA when I evinced such interests last week.

Why can't you separate the two of us....I'm the one that gave you crap about the Soap Opera....do you think we're all just one big giant Harvey Canal sitting behind the same keyboard??

Cut my man GP some slack!!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Speaking of soap opera, did you read the new billups post?

location up for grabs:
    one big giant Harvey Canal

• Did anyone see Kareem the other day when they asked him who the 5 players in the league he enjoyed watching most were and Josh Howard was on the list!!

U should pick up the latest SLAM magazine for the Josh Howard interview/feature.

Haven't read it yet, but the Dallas Observer had an amazing article on #5 about a month back. Josh is really a special cat and a fantastic young player.

What did you think of the SLAM piece, Batmon?

Oh okay. I thought maybe it went more into his youth and some of the ish he went through.

COS I LOVE HIM LIKE A SON, MANG.

CUT ME AND WATCH THE BLUE AND SILVER LIQUID FLOW.

I think it was my compadre though who was slingin' guff on that deal. He might not like the article I linked, then.

Why can't you separate the two of us....I'm the one that gave you crap about the Soap Opera....do you think we're all just one big giant Harvey Canal sitting behind the same keyboard??

So are you now going to harangue him behind his soap opera-like view of the NBA?

It's only right.

So are you now going to harangue him behind his soap opera-like view of the NBA?

It's only right.

Would that make you feel good??

I'll really rip into him if you paypal me some cash.

Maybe also a pure shooter in the Steve Kerr mold instead of a big man.
    That's a good call. Although most of the offensive minded on the team have high percentages, someone off the bench that could shoot the lights out would be a good look for the mavs. [inevitable playoff situation] Especially with 2 ticks left and the ball on the sideline, down by 2. [/inevitable playoff situation]

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Najera is in the top 20 as far as intangibles

This is great--it is, by definition, indisputable.

exactly. INTANGIBLES BABY. YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

??? Where is this??

??? Where is this??

A place that is really not for you, Rich.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Not a bad paycheck eh? Check the "status alert". Pretty impressive for a rookie.

Kleiza

Peja's jumper is still better than Kleiza's.

Kleiza's jump shot is still constantly developing (he does practice with Carmelo and AI on the regular after all). Each game I watch, he develops a little more form. His fadeaway from the corner of the block is nice a la Iverson (although obviously not on that level yet). He can go deep in the paint too though, that's what I love about the guy. As a friend of mine says, he's like a poor man's melo with some iverson and najera tendencies. He's gonna be dope. And like yuichi noted, the status alert on his 3 point shooting in the past 7 wins shows how accurate he's been from the perimeter and how much he's already improved over the course of the season. He got almost no minutes last season. Now he's damn near a star off the bench. I think some of his recent success can be attributed to his team mates trusting him and giving him the rock in high pressure situations. He hit a game winning 3 the other night after missing 7 in a row from behind the arch. Melo gave it to him again anyway because he was open, he hit, they ended up winning the game. Confidence is key. He's also a damn good free throw shooter. He hit something like 60 in a row this season.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You Warriors/Dubs/Whatevers fans saw this, right? (apologies if posted already)

Baron Workin His Day Job:

That just made my day.

But of course I'm the same guy who truly believes Rodman could have averaged 20 points a game if he was asked to.

Hell no. That's like asking Ben Wallace to make his freethrows.

There is a story that circulated about Rodman that I can't say for sure is true, but I've heard it more than one time and it sounds believable.

Supposedly when he was at that little podunk college in Oklahoma the coach got on his ass for not looking for his shot and passing too much.

Legend has it that he went out the next game and scored 61 points.

You can't score if you don't take shots.

There is a story that circulated about Rodman that I can't say for sure is true, but I've heard it more than one time and it sounds believable.

Supposedly when he was at that little podunk college in Oklahoma the coach got on his ass for not looking for his shot and passing too much.

Legend has it that he went out the next game and scored 61 points.

You can't score if you don't take shots.

I would pay to see Rodman score 30 in the league.

??? Where is this??

A place that is really not for you, Rich.

So I'm sitting here staring at the link and pondering Faux's warning...

And I'm asking myself...

Am I too old??

Do I sound too White??

Is it that I have no guilt issues??

Is it my ridiculously high self esteem??

Why would Mr. Rillz warn me about this site not being for me??

Fuck it....I click on it and enter FreeDarko world??

And I'm wondering...

Is this a Pistons fan site?? (That wouldn't be bad, after all they are my 9th favorite team)

Hmmmm.....this isn't too bad.....Faux was just kidding around....

And then.....

I will never take Mr. Faux Rillz lightly again!!!!

The only difference between Karl Malone in the ring and Karl Malone in the paint is that in the ring the referee actually called a foul on him!!

And I'm asking myself...

Am I too old??

that's probably the one.

And I'm asking myself...

Am I too old??

that's probably the one.

Dude....I'm so old I remember that thing they used to call grammar!!!

Ah yes, the ribcage does tenderize a bit with the passage of time, doesn't it?

It's inevitable

Nets SUCK. Cavs are OK. I can't believe they get millions to play like they play.

Next! Lakers/Clippers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Lakers, do NOT let Elton Brand get off in the 4th quarter!

F*** F*** F***

When the Lakers don't play D, Kobe gets frustrated, and it becomes Kobe vs the opposing team. Nobody gets touches and when they do, they're cold. It's pretty much been the story this entire season.

I've always watched Smush with the benefit of the doubt, but that fool is probably the softest guard out ot NYC. He plays NO D. And on offense looks like he's strolling through the park on a Sunday. Very

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Lakers, Lakers, Lakers! What happened? You have let me and all the Golden State Warriors' fans down. Yuichi, I hold you personally responsible for this debacle!?!?!!

Kobe played all 48 minutes. I have no idea why Phil didn't rest him at the start of the fourth. That was probably the reason why he was cold in the fourth.