NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I don't know how you guys can talk about the NBA for 33 pages. Without a doubt the worst pro-sport product going right now and that includes pro-paintball. Stop the violence, stop this thread ASAP.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Man, you are definitely not Avery! The NBA is the National Basketball Association. Betta recognize fool! You drink too much o dat Haterade. Paintballing is for mountain kids with no connection to the inner city. Basketball is the song of the inner city, real grimy-like. Grizzyly Adam type style. We go home and watch the Lakers settle for perimeter shots and lose. ya heard?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

caption, plaese

caption, plaese

"Listen Poopavich, if we see you in the 2nd round, we're runnin' and gunnin' on your collective asses. Hahaha. Those twin tower days are long gone!"

Popavich about to backslap D'Antoni...but a member of his inner circle holds him back.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Why do you call the Warriors, "The Dubs"? I've never heard that before.

C'mon man, it was posted fifteen times already! I'm fuckin w/ Warriors fan.

yes, some warriors fans call them dubs, if im too lazy to say golden state warriors.

btw thank you new orleans hornets of oklahoma city!!!! yall beat the clips in ot!!! now your asses are gunning for the 8th seed in the playoffs too! shiiiiieeet!

as of right now the warriors are in the playoffs. im guessing they need to go at least 3-1 and the clisp need to lose like 2 or something. im sure my math is off.

go gsw hoops!!!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Clippers lose! Clippser lose!

The Warriors are one more step closer to the playoffs!!!!?!?!!

just imagining the warriors in the playoffs is mindboggling. that shit's bout to be center stage and people are going to be like who the fuck is monta ellis and andris biedrins?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    who the fuck is monta ellis and andris biedrins?

Biedrins is that DUDE!!! I'm still kicking myself for letting him go in the fanta-league

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Biedrins is that DUDE!!! I'm still kicking myself for letting him go in the fanta-league

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

End the drought! Make it rain on them hoes Warriors!

• go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

Dude this is some weak sauce. You 'po to be a Nuggets fan and this team is comin for your spot!

In fact, any of you who aren't on-record Warriors fans who are now rooting for the "Dubs" on some "I really hope they can dent the Mavs Trophy Run" business are seriously playing yourselves.

And while I'm on a roll, lemme just say that this latest Knicks episode is a straight embarassment to that franchise. "They were beating us too bad. We gave up." PLEASE. It is clear that once Zeke got his extension that team went into shutdown mode. Have some respect you millionaires.

Where's Eddie P? I was hoping he'd come back and spill some more wasted keystrokes on how the Denver Nuggets are a lock to come out of the West and all other squads are just also-rans.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

Are you Don Imus??

I don't know how you guys can talk about the NBA for 33 pages. Without a doubt the worst pro-sport product going right now and that includes pro-paintball. Stop the violence, stop this thread ASAP.

BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry I sonned him in a major way.

Dude this is some weak sauce. You 'po to be a Nuggets fan and this team is comin for your spot!

In fact, any of you who aren't on-record Warriors fans who are now rooting for the "Dubs" on some "I really hope they can dent the Mavs Trophy Run" business are seriously playing yourselves.

Hate to bust your bubble pal, but my cheering for the Warriors has very little to do with your team. I want a team that has not made it to the playoffs in 12 years (or more?) to make it; a team with some players who I've always respected and liked to watch play (Baron and JRich) and some newer players that have been explosive (Ellis is sick with it every game I watch). I'm sorry I didn't sign the requisite "I'm A WARRIORS FAN" list, I must have been home sick the day that weas circulated.

And trust me, I'm not worried about our spot. I could give a fuck if we go 6th, 7th or 8th. All of the top seeded teams in the west are tough in their own right, and I am happy to watch the Nuggets go at any of them in the first round, matters little to me. In fact, as I stated before, I'd rather we dropped back to 7th because out of the Mavs, Suns and Spurs, I think we have the best chance against the Suns in the first round.

Yes it's true, peoples' fandom of teams other than the Mavericks is not always directly connected to their distaste for the Mavericks! Also, keep in mind I never hated on the Mavs, I think they're dope. But I'm not gonna sit here and worry about the team with the best record, they did their thing and will show and prove in the playoffs. I'm more interested in teams on the bubble right now. That's what's up at the end of the season. It's make-it-or-break-it time and I think everybody would agree that the Warriors will be more exciting to watch in the playoffs than the Clippers, regardless of who they face in round 1.

10 days till playoffs. Jyeah.

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

go gsw hoops!!!

Are you Don Imus??

You automatically assume that by "Hoes" I mean the Mavericks, when in fact they had nothing to do with my sentiment. Hmmmm......

Worried??

Are you Don Imus??

You automatically assume that by "Hoes" I mean the Mavericks, when in fact they had nothing to do with my sentiment. Hmmmm......

Worried??

I was just makin' the "Ho" connection......but the Warriors DO worry me.

Don Nelson worries me.

• Dude this is some weak sauce. You 'po to be a Nuggets fan and this team is comin for your spot!

Hate to bust your bubble pal, but my cheering for the Warriors has very little to do with your team. I want a team that has not made it to the playoffs in 12 years (or more?) to make it; a team with some players who I've always respected and liked to watch play (Baron and JRich) and some newer players that have been explosive (Ellis is sick with it every game I watch). I'm sorry I didn't sign the requisite "I'm A WARRIORS FAN" list, I must have been home sick the day that weas circulated.

And trust me, I'm not worried about our spot. I could give a fuck if we go 6th, 7th or 8th. All of the top seeded teams in the west are tough in their own right, and I am happy to watch the Nuggets go at any of them in the first round, matters little to me. In fact, as I stated before, I'd rather we dropped back to 7th because out of the Mavs, Suns and Spurs, I think we have the best chance against the Suns in the first round.

Yes it's true, peoples' fandom of teams other than the Mavericks is not always directly connected to their distaste for the Mavericks! Also, keep in mind I never hated on the Mavs, I think they're dope. But I'm not gonna sit here and worry about the team with the best record, they did their thing and will show and prove in the playoffs. I'm more interested in teams on the bubble right now. That's what's up at the end of the season. It's make-it-or-break-it time and I think everybody would agree that the Warriors will be more exciting to watch in the playoffs than the Clippers, regardless of who they face in round 1.

10 days till playoffs. Jyeah.

Where was this heat when I was ready to banter/fritter away work time?

I guess my deal didn't apply to you, then. But it applies to Sir Edward!!!!

My bad GP, I been busting my ass lately at work, that was the first break I got since 8:30 this morning!! They got me grindin' over here...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I was informed that it is unacceptable to like more than one team.

Not unacceptable

Just convenient

• Dude this is some weak sauce. You 'po to be a Nuggets fan and this team is comin for your spot!

I'm cool w/ side teams for the lean years.

Microwave fan.

Microwave fan.

It's a side team. You don't rock gear or dance around when you win or anything. Perhaps a satisfied nod w/ glasses at nose end at best.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Oh shit it must be fuckin Groundhog Day! The biggest Mavs hater of them all peeped his lil' head out. WE AIN'T SCURRED OF THE DUBS ARE YOU SHITTIN ME?

• I was informed that it is unacceptable to like more than one team.

Word! you gotta when your squad is the KNICKS!!

This is great. The Nuggets have the longest current win streak (7 games), it's also our longest streak of the season. We beat Utah last night. The Nugs are closing out games. And we're locked into the 6th seed now as well.

Also, last night in Utah, they retired AD's jersey in the rafters. Dude finally got his due respect. He averaged 29.6 ppg over 7 years with the Jazz. The dude was amazing. I'm glad they finally showed him some love (albeit after eaton, hornacek, stockton, malone, etc all got their jerseys hung). For those hwo don't know, Adrian Dantley is an assistant coach on the Nuggets. He said when Sloan starts getting old (ha), that he wants his job.

i will be a really big fan of the lakers tonight when they play the clippers. Id say the lakers really need this win to right the ship and so do the clippers.

could the warriors be 1.5 games ahead of the clippers after tonight? only time will tell! go lake show!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    fuck the lakers, except for tonight

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Not pointing fingers, and I realize I didn't post in here that much in the first place, but the MAVS/LAKERS/SUNS/MAVS circular discussion is

I propose we do this, just to break a bit of monotony:

1)Name your team(s), preferably one that you would like to see win a championship.
    2)Name a veteran player OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 150 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE that you would like to see on your team- one that, in the scenario, would add something to your team.
    3)Explain why.

I did this on IM with a few people recently and the results were interesting, so I thought I'd give it a shot here.

Here's mine:

1) Tons of teams, but for this purpose, I'll say: Suns
    2) Eduardo Najera
    3) Although numbers don't lie about Ed (ie: not productive) dude always comes on the court knowing his role and playing his ass off. Most pale Mexican ever due to weight room flourescent lighting tan. I really like seeing his effort when backed into the post on defense against players much larger than him. He use to get under Shaq's skin a bit when he was on the Mavs- he's a smart role player and what he lacks in the talent department, he makes up for with solid effort every time he's on the floor. Also: the suns need someone willing to not get touches on the inside that will crash with some bigs so Amare can focus on what he's good at: scoring. (Kurt Thomas probably wont cut it, he's a bit long in the tooth- the playoffs will tell).

Feel free to add on.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Indiana Pacers

Player not in the top 150 that Id like to see contribute to my team?

Id like to see someone who can create his own shot on the regular......Ill come back later w/ an answer.

Najera is argueably in the top 150 dude.

I like Maurice Evans/Derek Anderson/Mike Carroll.