NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    P.S. - Go muthafuckin WARRIORS!!?!?!!!

P.P.S. - Everyone is saying we still need to go 6-3 to make the playoffs

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    way to go Warriors. your dude biedrins has the ugliest free throw i've ever seen, but congrats on the win. i'm still all for the avery/nellie match up in the first round, make it happen! and keep in mind that denver is barely holding on to the 7th spot at this point, so it may be easier than you think to sneak into the 8th spot if we keep losing like we have.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WAAARRRRRR-IIIOOOOOOORRRRRRSSSSSS. COME OUT AND PLAAAAAA-AAAAAYYYYYY.

LOL

That was a good game last night. The first quarter was bananas!!!.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that dude bierdrins shoots a higher field goal percentage than free throw. i aint mad at that though, come to think of it i dont think ive seen andris shoot a jumper before in my life. its always been dunks and putbacks. once he develops that 5 ft jumper he will be deadly!

• Biedrins had a nice throwdown last night.

How do you get Be-a-dritch out of Biedrins?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Biedrins had a nice throwdown last night.

Same way you get "Mimo" out of "Mehmet"

Frakin over Amare, cot damn

And how do you get Verajon out of Verejao? Or Nah Hay Rah out of Najera? OK the Najera one is mostly good but Marv Albert pronounces it like he's learning phonics.

Announcers are constnatly butchering names.

Same way you get "Mimo" out of "Mehmet"

Frakin over Amare, cot damn

I think his nickname is Memo as in MEhMet Okur. The M-E-M representing the first part of his first name, the O representing the first letter of his surname.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Announcers are constnatly[/b] butchering names.

Hiyooo!

Seriously, though, I remember during the 1995 NCAA tourney, the announcers were fucking up the easiest names around. Joe Smith became Joe Schmidt. Ray Allen became Roy Allen (which my friends and I quickly updated to Roy Allen with Cheese). It was just plain stupid.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    WAAARRRRRR-IIIOOOOOOORRRRRRSSSSSS. COME OUT AND PLAAAAAA-AAAAAYYYYYY.

Bonus Points if you can sit through the whole thing!!!

Announcers are constnatly[/b] butchering names.

Hiyooo!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was looking for ways to do a better spin move, and I guess Phil Jackson was right, when he said Dwyane Wade travels when he spins.

I was looking for ways to do a better spin move, and I guess Phil Jackson was right, when he said Dwyane Wade travels when he spins.

Most superstars get that pass. Jordan would push off. Patrick Ewing was notorious for his 3 step across the paint running hook. Kobe elbows.

Most superstars get that pass.

And even though he was my hero as a kid........

We can all blame Doc!

Back when the two leagues merged the ABA was the more exciting league....red, white and blue ball, 3 pointers and amazing slam dunks.....and the latter was mostly due to having thrown the "traveling" rule out the window.

So when the NBA finally snagged Doc and his cronies they had to keep the excitement level of the ABA....and basically did away with "traveling" as long as the third step resulted in a shot.

Most superstars get that pass. Jordan would push off. Patrick Ewing was notorious for his 3 step across the paint running hook. Kobe elbows.

And even though he was my hero as a kid........
    We can all blame Doc!
    Back when the two leagues merged the ABA was the more exciting league....red, white and blue ball, 3 pointers and amazing slam dunks.....and the latter was mostly due to having thrown the "traveling" rule out the window.
    So when the NBA finally snagged Doc and his cronies they had to keep the excitement level of the ABA....and basically did away with "traveling" as long as the third step resulted in a shot.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Mavs humiliated by Suns... again.

Start making excuses, little dudes.

It's all about the regular season.

Suns will probably get to the Finals again like they did last year.

Yea, but when AI entered the league, and did his version of the crossover, they changed the rules.

WE SHOULD HAVE WAGERED AGAIN, HEH

GO SUNS
    GO AMARE STOUDEMIRE
    GO MARION
    GO NASH
    GO DIAW
    GO BARBOSA

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

NASH = MV3
    DIRK = ?

Hey, the Mavs don't get that excuse until they become a dynasty like the Lakers.

So how was the actual game? Are the Mavs just recharging for the playoffs, or did they just straight up get sonned? what the dillyyo.

super size sonned in the second half

no answer to pick and roll
    no answer to marion, barbosa, 3's
    suns offense overpowered damp-less and hurt dirk

d'antoni did not even have to play kurt thomas since dampier was out

deal

suns offense overpowered damp-less and hurt dirk

not officially then. But good for them. The playoffs should be exciting.

The 126 points were the most Dallas has allowed this season in a game that didn't go into overtime. The only time the Mavericks allowed more in any game was in that double-overtime loss to Phoenix.

• It doesn't really matter. Best record is practically a lock. Suns are fighting for seeding in their San Antone series.

Who here sees the Suns getting past the Spurs in round two? Because of the Mavs' ability to regularly dispatch teams they're supposed to beat, they only have to play one of those squads. Will the Suns now go into their regular post-Mavs-string-of-.500 ball?

It doesn't really matter. Best record is practically a lock. Suns are fighting for seeding in their San Antone series.

Who here sees the Suns getting past the Spurs in round two? Because of the Mavs' ability to regularly dispatch teams they're supposed to beat, they only have to play one of those squads. Will the Suns now go into their regular post-Mavs-string-of-.500 ball?

ohhhHHHhHHH, did you hear what he just said, Mark??!

It doesn't really matter. Best record is practically a lock. Suns are fighting for seeding in their San Antone series.

Oh, and my Dirk Riders: I forgot to mention that attempts to brush away this humiliating loss, a la "It doesn't really matter," will be regarded as excuses.

• It doesn't really matter. Best record is practically a lock. Suns are fighting for seeding in their San Antone series.

Oh, and my Dirk Riders: I forgot to mention that attempts to brush away this humiliating loss, a la "It doesn't really matter," will be regarded as excuses.

That's fine. Where were you when your Suns were losing to the likes of the Kings? How did that rate on your scale of humiliation? Starting w/ the first loss to Phx, the Mavs are 9-2 and the Suns are 5-4. The net effect is the Mavs still picked up 2.5 games. The Suns may very well be too tough a matchup for the Mavs in a series, but will they position themselves to even get there? The number one goal of the regular season will be accomplished by the Mavs and to them it's all that matters. The regular season is about much more than big-time Sunday afternoon matchups. It's about having the focus to grind out win after win against teams that always get up to play you, at home or on the road.

You can poke fun all you want and cry humiliation and all that but what will it mean come May?

That's fine. Where were you when your Suns were losing to the likes of the Kings? How did that rate on your scale of humiliation? Starting w/ the first loss to Phx, the Mavs are 9-2 and the Suns are 5-4. The net effect is the Mavs still picked up 2.5 games. The Suns may very well be too tough a matchup for the Mavs in a series, but will they position themselves to even get there? The number one goal of the regular season will be accomplished by the Mavs and to them it's all that matters. The regular season is about much more than big-time Sunday afternoon matchups. It's about having the focus to grind out win after win against teams that always get up to play you, at home or on the road.

You can poke fun all you want and cry humiliation and all that but what will it mean come May?

Ass-hurt recognize ass-hurt. You are ass-hurt.

Split the season series with one of the Suns wins having to go to 2OT

No excuses or ass hurting here.....I'll put my money where my mouth is come Playoff time.

Who did you say your team was again???