NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yea.. it definitly was not fun.

but back on the subject, ive had a few rare opportunites sit in sick seats at the palace the year dp won the championship.

there is definilty alot of spirit in that house from the nosebleeds to the floor.

Yea, I think all championship-caliber teams have a similar intensity and passion at their arenas. Arco Arena is one that immediately came to mind. Ofcourse, the Sac Town I'm thinking of is the one from 5 years ago, where decibels were like 120 or 130, and was known league-wide as the loudest arena in the NBA. Phil Jackson took ear plugs during that time, because Sactown fans in the front row would be clanging cow bells in his ear. lol

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Here's one from when I was a 10 year old kid.....

The Long Island Nets were one of the better known ABA teams but played in a dump called Commack Arena. A game was actually rained out in this place because the roof leaked so badly.

The team pulled off lots of "gimmicks" to get folks to attend the games and "Ball Night" was an annual event. Every kid received a really cheesy, plastic/rubber, Red, White & Blue ball upon entering the Arena.

The REAL highlight of the game however was halftime when they let ANY kid on the court to take some shots with their free ball. Here I was on the same court as my heros Laverne Tart, Luther Green and Willie Somerset(This was pre-Dr. J) shooting at the same basket that they did.

Definitely a night I'll never forget!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs owner Mark Cuban announced this week that his film company will nationally distribute the film "Loose Change" that exspouses a conspiracy theory that the U.S. Government was behind the 9/11 attacks.

Local rumours say that if it is successful he will use the profits to produce the film "Loose Screws" which will document how David Stern and his band of rogue referees were behind the Mavs losing the NBA Championship last year!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    saba = mc

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    For a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 12 years, the Arena in Oakland now known as Oracle Areana is packed on the regular. The basketball fans in the bay area are so starved for a winning that continue to support a mediocre product. now thats a fan following!

Go Dubs, it doesn't look good right now, 2 games out of the final 8th spot but stranger things have happened. Sam cassell can be beamed back to the planet he really is from, elton brand goes back to duke and chris kaman takes over for the geico cavemen.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban announced this week that his film company will nationally distribute the film "Loose Change" that exspouses a conspiracy theory that the U.S. Government was behind the 9/11 attacks.

Local rumours say that if it is successful he will use the profits to produce the film "Loose Screws" which will document how David Stern and his band of rogue referees were behind the Mavs losing the NBA Championship last year!!

That would . And it would be official that Mark Cuban is a mad man.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fire Rick Carlyle.

Go Warriors. I wanna see Don Nelson vs. Avery Johnson in the first round.

Go Toronto/Go Denver/Go Knicks

Dirk = MVP. That Kobe shit is just for entertainment sake, as incredible as it is.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Dallas peeps, what are the papers saying about Dirk's ankle after he left the game last night? Minor tweek?

• Dallas peeps, what are the papers saying about Dirk's ankle after he left the game last night? Minor tweek?

It looked pretty minor. I'd say he'll be back for the Suns on Sunday at the latest.

What sucks is Josh rolled his ankle w/ about 2 mins left. Neither injury appeared serious though.

Dallas peeps, what are the papers saying about Dirk's ankle after he left the game last night? Minor tweek?

The Government's Responsible....The Government's Responsible.....The Government's Responsible.....The Government's Responsible.....The Government's Responsible.....The Government's Responsible.....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Go Toronto

Big win against the Heat yesterday even in the absence of Garbohossa(nasty broken leg injury) they executed and dominated

still losing garbo will hurt in the playoofs he was good at drawing a defense or killing teams if he did not draw it

• I was at the 95' Blazer/Rockets game when Mad Max left the court, ran 12 rows up into the stands and socked a heckler.

I was also at the Blazer/Wizards game a couple weeks ago that was infamous because of the "FUCK YOU GILBERT" chant that started up. Agent 0 proceeded to blow a kiss into the stands once he heard that.

I was at the 95' Blazer/Rockets game when Mad Max left the court ran 12 rows up in the stands and socked a heckler.

• God damn right that was hard as fuck.

Stupid white trash motherfucker couldn???t control himself after a couple beers and started with the racial slurs.

That case was pretty well followed by the local media. I'll always remember what Maxwell's lawyer said, "I would have hit that guy too!"

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Here's one from when I was a 10 year old kid.....

The Long Island Nets were one of the better known ABA teams but played in a dump called Commack Arena. A game was actually rained out in this place because the roof leaked so badly.

The team pulled off lots of "gimmicks" to get folks to attend the games and "Ball Night" was an annual event. Every kid received a really cheesy, plastic/rubber, Red, White & Blue ball upon entering the Arena.

The REAL highlight of the game however was halftime when they let ANY kid on the court to take some shots with their free ball. Here I was on the same court as my heros Laverne Tart, Luther Green and Willie Somerset(This was pre-Dr. J) shooting at the same basket that they did.

Definitely a night I'll never forget!!

i've been lucky enough to have various hook-ups that have gotten me on the court (for promotional events) or just courtside seats (many times). here are two stories:

1)

sometime in the late 80s my father and I were invited to sit in this dude's courtside sixers seats. the sixers had barkley and were a legitimate team. they also had some bums like...any of the white dudes on their roster. i was tearing up my middle school league and assumed that i would be in the nba one day. the game was right about to start and scott brooks (a bench player for the 76ers) was standing a few feet from me practicing his 3 point shot. i hated his game and, in my head, thought i was a better player...even at age 11. so i yelled out "hey scotty, why don't you let me take a shot". he looked over....and tossed me the ball!!! haha. i was standing out of bounds. i took one step in (from the corner) and threw up a an nba 3....that airballed. i sat down in shame and had to listen to my father clown me for the rest of the game.

2)

in college i had a friend who worked for the celtics. he was the dude with the gigantic slingshot who shot tshirts into the stands. he also picked which people in the stands would get on court for various contests. one game he rigged it and had me and a few of my teammates buy tix to the game. this was for a contest sponsored by southwest airlines where, if you won, you got roundtrip tix to anywhere in the us. we were told that all we had to do was make a lay-up, a foul shot and an nba 3 in a minute to win (even though the crowd thought you had to make a half-court shot too). i went first. i was gonna start out by dunking it, but the guy who ran the contest started screaming at me when i tried to take a running start. so i made the layup, bricked like 4 foulshots before making it in, hit the second 3 and had time for a few half-courters which i came close on. my other teammates faired about the same. the crowd actually cheered us and i felt pretty good, despite my horrific foul shooting. that is...until some teenage girl went last...and hit all her shots quicker than me and my friends.

oh well. we still got the free tix and ended up making a trip to LA out of it.

one more...

sometime in the mid to late 90s, right around when the Nutty Professor came out on video, i was home from college on break and a group of my friends scored floor seats underneath the basket to the sixers-heat game. the game sucked but sometime during the second half, when the Heat were shooting at our basket, i got the entire Heat team to crack up.

Brian Grant was at the foul line and it was dead silent. We were, at most, 10 feet from the players and I yelled out (keep in mind this was only funny because Nutty Professor was current), "hey Brian, are those shit-locks?" or something to that effect. nobody who was lined up for the sixers even smiled but every dude on the Heat was either smirking or bending over laughing. my boys loved it and were killing Grant for the rest of the game. I forgot which one of his teammates did this, but he came over to us and told us to keep doing it. i don't know. it might have been an inside joke with them before i said anything.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Brian Grant was at the foul line and it was dead silent. We were, at most, 10 feet from the players and I yelled out (keep in mind this was only funny because Nutty Professor was current), "hey Brian, are those shit-locks?" or something to that effect. nobody who was lined up for the sixers even smiled but every dude on the Heat was either smirking or bending over laughing. my boys loved it and were killing Grant for the rest of the game. I forgot which one of his teammates did this, but he came over to us and told us to keep doing it. i don't know. it might have been an inside joke with them before i said anything.

Did he miss the free throw?

Did he miss the free throw?

no idea. i wasnt trying to heckle him, in fact, i despise the whole idea of fans trying to razzle free throw shooters or even say the word "boo". i was just trying to make a joke, and probably said it before the ref even handed him the ball.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Damn J Rich came to play tonight. I kind of want Golden State to win tonight and eventually play the Mavs in the first round rather than the Clippers or the Hornets.

• WAAARRRRRR-IIIOOOOOOORRRRRRSSSSSS. COME OUT AND PLAAAAAA-AAAAAYYYYYY.

dude no lead is safe when you are the warriors. plus the suns can run off like 20 pts in a minute in a half no problem too.

all i got to say is that al harrington isnt giving us anything!!! that whole blockbuster trade was a wash. i doubt stephen jackson will be with the team next season and al harrington is a player/scorer with no conscience! he will shoot 30% without any remorse.

so nellie is the king of matchups! starting harrington at center?!?!!?!

with that said i sure hope the dubs can pull this out as they were absolutely embarrased on monday against the spurs. i bet tony parker rapped in french in the spurs huddle. extra embarrassing.

Awww brighten up you warriors fan. They have the potential to become the next Phoenix Suns in the West!

not with a point guard in baron davis that cant stay healthy or play more than 3/4 of a season.

in other news, monta ellis is really fun to watch. i mean that guy gets to the hole with reckless abandonment! dare i say he has a dwyane wade-esque skill set?

dare i say he has a dwyane wade-esque skill set?

He's fast as shit and has a bright future.

monta ellis, for a guy who goes to the hole so much, he doesnt get to the line much.

so far with 6 minutes to go the dubs have gone to the free throw line 8 times! theyve also chucked 27 3pointers and made 12. they live and die by that 3pt line. sheesh!!!

13 pt lead with 6 minutes left. im getting nervous.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Awww brighten up you warriors fan. They have the potential to become the next Phoenix Suns in the West!

GSW is fast becoming one of my favorite teams.

Suns are on a roll though....

whew! that shit had me nervous!

leandro barbosa is straight ballin! can someone tell me why the suns signed marcus banks in the off season?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    can someone tell me why the suns signed marcus banks in the off season?

Banks was brought on to help relieve Steve Nash but Leandro and Diaw do a much better job. Banks can produce at times but he got sloppy at the end and Baron Davis saved the day. Oh well.

Banks will probably be gone next year unless he produces during the playoffs.

Charles is hilarious. While they were doing that Southwest Flights of the Night segment on TNT.

Charles: "I don't want peanuts! I want meat on my flights!"

"No wonder they're not making money, they don't feed people right"

Kenny: "Well I don't think they could feed you."

Charles: "I'm tired of eating peanuts!"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    all i got to say is that al harrington isnt giving us anything!!! that whole blockbuster trade was a wash. i doubt stephen jackson will be with the team next season and al harrington is a player/scorer with no conscience! he will shoot 30% without any remorse.

When the Warriors made the trade with the Pacers, Indiana had a better record and was in the playoffs. Now the Warriors have a better record and the Pacers are out of the post season. It was definitely better for us even with the drawbacks. Harrington is mediocre many a night, but Jackson, despite his technicals, is much much better than Dunleavy. He plays better defense, is capable of better scoring nights and a higher percentage, is more aggressive, and can make better passes and run the team as a point forward better than Mike Jr.