NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Dude, just because you think the guy is one of the best players ever does not make him a nice or likable person. Guy's a dick. And I still think he probably raped that woman.

ITS TIME FOR YOU TO STEP OFF, SON!! Just because you are a kobe-hater does not make him a rapist and a dick.

that rape case was a sham. she started her civil suit BEFORE the criminal case was over...which is a clear sign that her own counsel thought her case was trash. if you win in criminal court, where the burden of proof is much higher, you simply take that verdict to civil court and go straight to damages. she knew the criminal case was a loser so she started civil suit simply as a chess move to try and bleed kobe for his money.

also, if you wanna start pointing fingers at professional athletes for being adulterers you better have a couple thousand hands. michael jordan and magic johson are admitted adulterer. are they not likeable people?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dogs, have you watched any games in the last week?

is him dropping 65 and 50 gonna get him past the Suns or Mavs???? do I really need to watch every Laker game to be a person who doesn't think at best the Lakers lose in the second round?

A playoff appearence gears up the youngsters for the following year.

• Dogs, have you watched any games in the last week?

is him dropping 65 and 50 gonna get him past the Suns or Mavs???? do I really need to watch every Laker game to be a person who doesn't think at best the Lakers lose in the second round?

So last year's near-miss against the Suns was a "dry run" for this year's preparatory foray into the Playoffs?

Dogs, have you watched any games in the last week?

So last year's near-miss against the Suns was a "dry run" for this year's preparatory foray into the Playoffs?

Haha. That was a good series. The Lakers werent even supossed to fight that well, and look what happened.

Yogotbeats, what's your team?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

My team has ZERO chance of anything for the next 10-20 years. I'm season ticket holdling Knicks fan.

My team has ZERO chance of anything for the next 10-20 years. I'm season ticket holdling Knicks fan.

Then why do buy season tickets if they are so bad?

And I think NY will be better next year.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

When are the Nets moving to Brooklyn?

When are the Nets moving to Brooklyn?

Hahaha.....2009? But Kidd/Carter/Jefferson wont be there.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

What do you do with tix when you're not in the area?

I've had the seats since 97 and I'm not fair-weather fan.

Better - yes, but not past the second round better (like they're even making it to the playoffs this year)

(like they're even making it to the playoffs this year)

Probably not, but anything seems to be possible in the east this year.

• Great point they made about Lebron on last night's broadcast:

He is younger than 74% of this year's rookie class.

That team is not well-constructed yet they're #2 in their conference. Dude is doin just fine.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    Great point they made about Lebron on last night's broadcast:

He is younger than 74% of this year's rookie class.

That team is not well-constructed yet they're #2 in their conference. Dude is doin just fine.

the real problem is we've got some real young talent but coach is afraid to play em. shannon brown, daniel gibson, and sasha pavlovic all have shown ability to play in short stints, but mike brown opted to play eric snow and david wesley for the first half of the season so now we cant develop rookies while we're trying to move up to #1 in east [even though that ship probably sailed with the L last night]. varejao is nice and will be resigned. drew gooden is only 24 as well, but will hopefully be moved along with larry hughes for a top-flight pg.

mike brown's insisting on playing donyell marshall and eric snow is mind-boggling. these dudes just cannot hang anymore.

Better - yes, but not past the second round better (like they're even making it to the playoffs this year)

So your one of these classic demanding New York Knick fans w/out patience?
    Y'all have no superstar,but are playing better w/ Isaiah's influence. If you get to the second round next year, that is a great improvement after last year. If everyone improves then at least youll be a playoff bound team w/ this group. Then youll have to add a superstar. And then take it from there. Look how long it took David Robinson to get a ring. I see light at the end of the tunnel for the Knicks. The culture is slowly change and that's something to build on.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Y'all have no superstar,but are playing better w/ Is<s>a</s>iah's influence. If you get to the second round next year, that is a great improvement after last year. If everyone improves then at least youll be a playoff bound team w/ this group. Then youll have to add a superstar. And then take it from there. Look how long it took David Robinson to get a ring. I see light at the end of the tunnel for the Knicks. The culture is slowly change and that's something to build on.

The culture of self-hatt among Knicks fans is so prevalent, it's ridiculous. Most of it seems to be out of sheer frustration, ie: booing your boys because you want them to play better, but I guess it's not news that New Yorkers are a tough crowd sportswise.

Dudes can blabber all they want about how the East is weak, but the fact is that the Knicks are without 50% of their best players (Richardson, Lee, and Crawford), yet they're still in the playoff hunt, if that's worth anything to some'a ya'll.

Y'all have no superstar,but are playing better w/ Isaiah's influence. If you get to the second round next year, that is a great improvement after last year. If everyone improves then at least youll be a playoff bound team w/ this group. Then youll have to add a superstar. And then take it from there. Look how long it took David Robinson to get a ring. I see light at the end of the tunnel for the Knicks. The culture is slowly change and that's something to build on.

The culture of self-hatt among Knicks fans is so prevalent, it's ridiculous. Most of it seems to be out of sheer frustration, ie: booing your boys because you want them to play better, but I guess it's not news that New Yorkers are a tough crowd sportswise.

Dudes can blabber all they want about how the East is weak, but the fact is that the Knicks are without 50% of their best players (Richardson, Lee, and Crawford), yet they're still in the playoff hunt, if that's worth anything to some'a ya'll.

All the East hatters can see where the O'Brian trophy went last year.

did you not read that I said they were better??? does the fact I want more than to be in the mix make me demanding??? Steps in the right direction are always welcomed, but we're still way over the cap and we've traded needed picks for Curry, so pardon me for not screaming at the top of my lungs Starbury's the best PG and Zeke should get Coach of the year cuz we've won more games than last year.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    To Everyone participating in this thread,

I'm gonna get serious for a second.

As you know I seem to butt heads with a lot of yall, because the majority of you despise Kobe Bryant the person. When I show the slightest bit of enthusiasm about his game or try to show the bigger picture of his personality, you jump on it, with phrases like

"Kobe is a dick/rapist", "He's a bitch" "That pussy Kobe", "He'll never win a chmapionship", "He ain't shit compared to Mike!"

Somebody once said that this forum is a like a community because we see each other in the real world and share NRR life stories and such. As a "community" member, do I really have to put up with comments like that on a consistent basis? It's nothing short of harrassment.[/b] If somebody doesn't like to hear something, don't do it. Your intent is very clear. Just (don't) do it.

Not coincidentally, I was in a heated argument with yoigotbeats. If someone can think they'll get away with popping their head in, at a very wrong time, and to post malicious shit like that, they're wrong.

To all those that kept quiet, and have shown that they are respectable over the years, THANK YOU. Batmon, Faux Rillz, Rockadelic, etc. Come to think of it, in a fairly recent exchange with Rockadelic, he sent me an email explaining and apologizing. It shows character.

Now I know I have too much time on my hands right now, and I understand that this is ONLY the Internet, but please dudes, CAN WE JUST STOP IT WITH THESE MALICIOUS ATTACKS on one of my heros? I hope you understand the difference between ???Kobe is a dick/rapist??? and ???Eddie Curry who????

I???m sorry for wyling out and making a point. I doubt I???ll receive an apology from a specific strutter though.

Sincerely,

Yuichi

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yuichi,

I think one of the problems is that you can't seem to detach yourself from Kobe as a hero. It seems like you take it as a personal attack, when it's not. And guess what? People are going to disagree with you and a lot of other people about a lot of other things. You need to be able to step away sometimes.

• I doubt I???ll receive an apology from a specific strutter though.

Who do you feel owes you an apology?

Motown,

I need to detach myself from a hometown hero?

I also need to completely ignore these malicious comments? RAPIST shouldn't be a word thrown around lightly.

You can tell me all the things I need to do, but your words carry no weight. And I've explained my stance, do you not acknowledge it?

Yuichi

I never called your boy a rapist, punk bitch et al, but if you equate that with saying he'll never win a championship (which wouldn't be such a bad thing as he's got three already) and that he's not as good as Jordan, then I'm guilty of getting you all riled. You should learn to take note of the different comments.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Motown,

I also need to completely ignore these malicious comments? RAPIST shouldn't be a word thrown around lightly.

You can tell me all the things I need to do, but your words carry no weight. And I've explained my stance, do you not acknowledge it?

Yuichi

Yuichi,

If you can't detach yourself from a hero, oh well.

I love the Warriors but I'm completely open to criticism. James Brown is my favorite artist but I'm completely aware of his shortcomings. etc. etc.

Motown,

Yuichi

Yuichi,

If you can't detach yourself from a hero, oh well.

I love the Warriors but I'm completely open to criticism. James Brown is my favorite artist but I'm completely aware of his shortcomings. etc. etc.

Sorry to be blunt. Are you really that thick?

"James Brown is a fuckin' crackhead",

"Jason Richardson is a bitch with some nice dunks".

If you were to hear this let's say every other week on the Strut, and not just from me, wouldn't that kinda make you an angry person?

Look, we just wasted another good 20min. I'm done.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    where is latrell sprewell these days? selling rims in milwaukee?

i bet he regrets not taking that deal in minnesota, i hope he's feeding his family.

does he speak w/ pj carlisemo?

I never called your boy a rapist, punk bitch et al, but if you equate that with saying he'll never win a championship (which wouldn't be such a bad thing as he's got three already) and that he's not as good as Jordan, then I'm guilty of getting you all riled. You should learn to take note of the different comments.

Naw, I'm not mad at you. In retrospect your shit is mild compared to other posters. It's just an accumulation of things.

lower merion is actually my home town. i challenge you to a game of kobe trivia. i've got 1991-1996 on lock down. we'll see who the real kobe fanboy is on ss.

lower merion is actually my home town. i challenge you to a game of kobe trivia. i've got 1991-1996 on lock down. we'll see who the real kobe fanboy is on ss.

Watup Keith,

Word up. Sucks to be a Kobe supporter don't it?

Sucks to be a Kobe supporter don't it?