NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Good game. You D*rk Riders are really something else.

It's interesting that a game like today's doesn't garner the response that Wednesday's game did. Two titans going at it in a back and forth contest. Admittedly, the swings weren't as huge or forged as excitingly as the other night, but the quality play remains. Those types of defensive-oriented contests just don't get as much run, but I'm glad the Mavs can now play in and compete in those types of affairs.

GP....If the Mav's had lost today you wouldn't be able to shut this crowd up!

Instead we're getting downplayed and injury excuses!!!

I didn't hear a single excuse when the Mavs lost to the Suns....even though Devin(who had 20+ today) was out.......

MFFL BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please to take that nonsense elsewhere, Rockadelic. Chauncey Billups is a two-time All-Star and MVP of the 2004 Finals, among other credentials. You'll have to excuse me if I think his presence in the line-up makes a difference.

I said it was a "good game", but those facts I stated still remain. And I hope for your team's sake that they don't run themselves silly trying for best record in the league at the risk of fatigue and injury when wins really count.

And LOL at comparing Devin Harris' contributions to those of Chauncey Billups. You can do better.

• I said it was a "good game", but those facts I stated still remain. And I hope for your team's sake that they don't run themselves silly trying for best record in the league at the risk of fatigue and injury when wins really count.

Wonder how much it could truly be a factor. Avery manages the minutes and when fully healthy no one plays more than 35-ish. I don't know if you're speaking to "letting off the pedal" or not but I think you gotta bring your full game every night to retain chemistry. This may not be the case w/ veteran teams like the Heat or even the Pistons, but I think with a team like the Mavs that always seems "mentally on the brink" you gotta go full bore and let it ride.

• Chauncey's a beast. Mavs were down G Buck and D George. Role players for sure, but they are key parts of the team's defensive core.

Pistons had already made a huge statement on Friday and over their West Coast roadie. Mavs as a team probably felt like they needed that one more today. Smack-talk aside, I think everyone has this game in proper perspective.

At the Knicks on Tuesday. Represent NYC!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Drew,
    I'll stop the trash talk(Devin Harris only had 22 today with 3 steals) but I sure do hope the Pissed Ons can get by the Heat this year so we can bet some $$$, raers, whatever instead of just running our mouths.

I think this Suns logo is making me hostile.

You don't have to stop talking trash, Rockadelic. Just be sure that it makes some kind of sense before you put it out there for the world to see. That is all I ask.

You don't have to stop talking trash, Rockadelic. Just be sure that it makes some kind of sense before you put it out there for the world to see. That is all I ask.

Damn...I wish I had used that one back in the day at the Courts at 4th St.& 6 Ave. when that 6:9 dude Osvaldo was giving me some "long haired fagg*t" lip.

"Are you sure you wanna put that out there Ozzie, it just doesn't make sense"

I would have sounded awfully white.

Trash talk is mostly BS....hence the "trash" name.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I think this Suns logo is making me hostile.

Hah! Only a few days left.

The two back to back Suns losses this weekend are making me hostile.

Damn...I wish I had used that one back in the day at the Courts at 4th St.& 6 Ave. when that 6:9 dude Osvaldo was giving me some "long haired fagg*t" lip.

Memo to others who have invested time in this thread:[/b] Please note that with the anecdote and statement above that Rockadelic is qualifying his previous and forthcoming "trash talk" as "mostly B.S.", effectively relieving himself from the responsibility of accuracy when talking about basketball.

Are you sure that's how you want to go out, man?

Memo to others who have invested time in this thread:[/b] Please note that with the anecdote and statement above that Rockadelic is qualifying his previous and forthcoming "trash talk" as mostly B.S., effectively relieving himself from the responsibility of accuracy when talking about basketball.

I'm sure folks here have and will judge what I say as bullshit or truth....I'll "go out" with my current reputation if I have to.

I have at least average basketball knowledge.

• You don't have to stop talking trash, Rockadelic. Just be sure that it makes some kind of sense before you put it out there for the world to see. That is all I ask.

Memo to others who have invested time in this thread:[/b] Please note that with the anecdote and statement above that Rockadelic is qualifying his previous and forthcoming "trash talk" as "mostly B.S.", effectively relieving himself from the responsibility of accuracy when talking about basketball.

Where's the smiley? THAt's an extreme interpretation. Dood's tryin to throw you a bone (no ayo) and you throw it back in his face. Self-deprecation is a foolhardy pursuit round these parts. Stick ya chest out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    As far as riding D*rk's D*ck goes, every year since the dude has been in the league folks have trashed his game with Barkley leading the pack.

boohoo.

What would Wilt's or Shaq's game be like if they shot 90% from the line?

And imagine if Kobe was shooting 70% from the field!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    As far as riding D*rk's D*ck goes, every year since the dude has been in the league folks have trashed his game with Barkley leading the pack.

boohoo.

Yuichi--are you aware that Kobe just put 50 on the T-Wolves?

First Laker to have back-to-back 50+ point games since Elgin Baylor.

I thought this information would be of interest.

boohoo.

DAMN. WOW. He's bringing last season's mentality back. I like this (for the time being, while the roster's still at half-strength).

Here's my pre-emptive strike (no dj shadow):

Just shut up and get your mind blown, you junior mint non-ballers.

boohoo.

No tears.....just facts......I'll even agree that most of the criticism was warranted.....but not in 2007......so "riding his D*rk" is easy.....you know.....like it is for Kobe.

And honestly, I think most Kobe haters hate Kobe the personality, not Kobe the player.

Dirk haters can only hate his game because he's pretty damn likeable, just ask Jerry Stackhouse.

You with me GP?

If I learned anything from this thread, it's that trying to be rational when talking about sports is pretty much a useless endeavor.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

boohoo.

DAMN. WOW. He's bringing last season's mentality back. I like this (for the time being, while the roster's still at half-strength).

Here's my pre-emptive strike (no dj shadow):

Just shut up and get your mind blown, you junior mint non-ballers.

These little debbies don't even know, son!

Where's the smiley? THAt's an extreme interpretation. Dood's tryin to throw you a bone (no ayo) and you throw it back in his face. Self-deprecation is a foolhardy pursuit round these parts. Stick ya chest out.

Hey, I've been riding for the Knicks this season, against damned near ALL of you.
    I'll take my points where I can get them.

Rock--no disrespect to have put it on you like that.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    knicks will not make the playoffs.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i kinda new dp wasnt gonna win this game, even before chauncy's injury. im just stoked they did this well with both chaunce and lindsey out (pragmatic foreshadowing for next season).

still pissed i didnt get to watch this game. i hope northwest airlines self implodes in the next 2-3 years.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    And honestly, I think most Kobe haters hate Kobe the personality, not Kobe the player.
    As a Kobe hater i would say that you're right. But still, scoring 50 points without shooting better than .500 is a bit

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Best free throw percentage for a 7 footer in the history of the game!!

For someone who has been watchin the game for so long im surprised your impressed w/ such an empty statistic. C'mon, Rock. What does it really mean? And ask your self when did they start to record stats? Whatever, Dude is MVP, but chill w/ the " my grandmother makes the best tomato sauce" claims.

You really think FT% is an empty stat......to me, it's one of the most important....especially down the stretch.
    I guarantee you more games are won and loss on Free Throws than almost any other single reason.
    And my Italian grandfather's tomato sauce kicked my grandmother's ass!!

LoL

Of course Free Throws are important, but the "best 7ft thing in history".

.904[/b] Best 6 footer.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    kobe back to back 50+ pts a game

paging Yuichi

kobe back to back 50+ pts a game

paging Yuichi

For all I know, Kobe Bryant could outscore another team, and dudes would be talking about "ohhh, i don't like his personality".

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Just to let people know, the Warriors have snuck back into the playoffs with the 8 spot and have a one game lead over the Clippers.

• Just to let people know, the Warriors have snuck back into the playoffs with the 8 spot and have a one game lead over the Clippers.

Could be inneresting.....

WHERE YOU AT TONIGHT NYC? Knicks beat the Mavs at teh Garden last year. Let's do this.

Thanks for putting this thread back where it needs to be, Motown.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Just to let people know, the Warriors have snuck back into the playoffs with the 8 spot and have a one game lead over the Clippers.

If the season ended right now, the western conference playoff matchups would be perfect.

DAL/GSW
    PHX/DEN
    SA/LA
    HOU/UTA

Hey, who better to go up against the Mavs in the 1st round than the Warriors who thoroughly whooped their ass recently? Hold onto that spot!

(Don't worry Mavs fans I'm not talking shit, I just want to see good matchups in the first round!)

If Denver gets into that 6th spot, we're looking at SA for the first round. I'm not sure that I like that. I'd rather go against Pheonix, they are not as experienced as a playoff team and I think we'd stand a better chance in a 7 game series against them, especially if we continue to D 'em up like we did the other night. Let Kobe worry about SA.

Utah and Houston will be a good matchup.

Is it too early for playoff predictions though?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    For some reason the Warriors have had the Mavs number for the last 2 seasons. I think we took something like the last 4 out of 5 games from Dallas. It would be nice just to have the Warriors in the playoffs after a 12 year absence.[/b]

It's hard being a Warriors fan.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    For some reason the Warriors have had the Mavs number for the last 2 seasons. I think we took something like the last 4 out of 5 games from Dallas. It would be nice just to have the Warriors in the playoffs after a 12 year absence.[/b]

tonights game vs the utah jazz will be a good test, i dont remember the dubs playing well against the jazz ever.

im hoping they win, cause going to fridays game vs. the wizards will be that much better.

dubs do not have an easy schedule.
    wizards, lakers, spurs and suns to end out the month of march.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Hey, I'm all for it. I would rather see them in that final spot than pretty much every team below. Plus I think the Mavs would be a little shook to go at a team in round one that's been beating them. It would just make for a very interesting start to the playoffs. Baron and JRich need some playoff experience as it is. Did Baron ever get to the playoffs with Charlotte? Or NO?