HIPSTERS DRINKIN' FORTIES AT THE CLUB...YUCK!!!!

Comments

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    did anyone drink ghetto coffee - you cop a 40 of OE and a 16 oz of Guinness. Drink half of the OE then pour the Guinness in the half bottle of OE and proceed to get more fucked up than you can imagine!

Isn't this called a black 8 ball.

In Brooklyn, we called it ghetto coffee. I'm sure it had a Wu-tang long list of names.

I used Colt 45 instead "Black Colt".
    Though for real, FUCK a HIPSTER!!!!! Hate those bastards. To all you hipsters.........go to hell!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Thunderbird and a pack of QPC smokes. Now that's taking it back!

Oh yeah, King Cobra...I got bitten pretty badly by that shit a few years back and swore it off. Looking back, I think that was just the point at which drinking a 40 became too much for me. I damn sure can't handle one anymore.

• Cisco def. YES! However, Night Train was the illest!!!

Amir

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    heres a few more classics from back in the day.
    never drank this that much, we would sometimes get cases of it, but it was pretty good.

this shit used to give me the meanest rotgut. When i was a youngin we would go buy and smoke trees with this one dude in the projects and this was all he drank. Dude would have like 4 or 5 by the time we were bouncing. Fucking gross shit. In college we would throw some parties and buy a few cases of that shit but i would always bow out early and start drinking black haus.

but nothing goes better then a champed
    (not these little ones)

and 2 of these

i still am known to party like this.

• When I had a choice, I'd drink mickey's, but usually, i would take whatever was cheapest- except Crazy Horse. That was a non-starter. But, seriously, if I was drinking a forty, it was to get drunk cheap- and I would take the cheapest I could get. But, Mickey's had the funny sayings under the cap, so I'd splurge for the laugh when I could.

We always called the piss at the bottom the Larry.

• Boone's Farm- Strawberry Hill and Wine Coolers was what the girls all wanted.

If I smell a black and mild now, I get a headache; one summer smoked a couple too many of those.

We always called the piss at the bottom the Larry.
    we used to call that "the pit"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Boone's Farm- Strawberry Hill and Wine Coolers was what the girls all wanted.
    Straight up. Back in college, that's what the ladies would drink while the guys guzzled 40s. Their other drink of choice was to get one of the big bottles of Zima and drop in a Jolly Rancher. Candy-flavored alcohol!

• I'd never order a 40 at a bar, but I'll still drink 40s of OE at roof top party! I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ballantine! Not malt but better than most. A bodega staple, aahhh!

dude, I just had one of these last night with a bag of

so good for movie watching on a cold night.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    remember the old style lids on the mickeys ??? A drunk person could cut himself quite easy on those bad boys.

but this hands down is the craziest shit ive ever fucked with. We used to call it Liquid Crack. It would make you just blackout or puking everywhere. They probably distilled this shit with motor oil or antifreeze the way it got you fucked up. I remember the one time i sucked one down and woke up the next day laying in my friends living room layed out on his dining room table in front of his whole family covered in fluorescent puke. I heard I was pissing in the middle of the street at cars giving them the finger and i was trying to fight everyone including chicks.

LOL. I feared Cicso for a while because they called it that. Not really a fitting moniker.
    for real. it should be called "ether juice" or liquid sherm.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    nothing for nothing, but in the days when the Soul Kitchen was live & kickin, copping 40's of Colt 45 didn't seem ironic, but ahead of the curve. Cats come thru and fuck thangs up.

yo this brings me back! Wetlands circa '93-ish!

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    These were where it was at.

Damn, can't find a pic of either "Country Club" or "Lazer", those were harsh 40's for under a buck.

DONT FORGET

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So I know I am not the only one that finds it a lil'funny, ironic, and/or disturbing watching hipsters "wild out" in the club with their Miller lite 40 oz.!!!! Who remembers Power Master, of course St.Ides, Mickeys, Crazy Horse, Old English, Private Stock, and too many more to name??!! Oh yeah, remember the 64 oz of Crazy Horse joints...

Yeah, shit is suspect. My co-worker is doin this and I started to drop OG 40 oz. brands to him and he was dumbfounded. And he lost it a the mention of a 64 oz.

I remember/drank all them joints mentioned.

Ballantine was my fav cause it was an ale and not malted liquor.

Cats have graduated to Hendog in the past 10 years or so. To see these retro-80/urban nostalgic thang pop back up w/ new to NYC hipsters is just whatever for me. Cats are st8 role playin.

nothing for nothing, but in the days when the Soul Kitchen was live & kickin, copping 40's of Colt 45 didn't seem ironic, but ahead of the curve. Cats come thru and fuck thangs up.

yo this brings me back! Wetlands circa '93-ish!

Haha. They served overpriced OE.......

• I couldn't stomache reading this whole thread so sorry if this was already mentioned, but did all of yall have the nastiest shit in the world aka colt45 double malt 40s in your area? That shit was like the dark beer of malt liquors, but far more disgusting than it sounds. Deep orange is not a good color for a malt liquor...

• I couldn't stomache reading this whole thread so sorry if this was already mentioned, but did all of yall have the nastiest shit in the world aka colt45 double malt 40s in your area? That shit was like the dark beer of malt liquors, but far more disgusting than it sounds. Deep orange is not a good color for a malt liquor...

Oh yeah this shit is no fucking good at all.

Deep orange is not a good color for a malt liquor...

What is the standard color for "MALTED LIQUOR"? Shit is technically not beer.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ballantine! Not malt but better than most. A bodega staple, aahhh!

I spent many nights as a teenager drinking 40s of Ballantines on the railroad tracks near the Poughkeepsie railroad bridge.

Good rule of thumb: when looking to buy a 40, always gravitate towards the green bottles.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    its interesting to see all the mickeys love in this thread, in my neck of the woods the only people i see drinking EDITmickeysEDIT 40's are frat boys at "ghetto" parties.

• Deep orange is not a good color for a malt liquor...

What is the standard color for "MALTED LIQUOR"? Shit is technically not beer.

medium orange? i dunno but a malt liquor the color of colt 45 double malt should be illegal. And no, malt liquor is deifnitely not beer!

Oh and that Sisco shit is the worst. It was like a bootleg version of mad dog that tasted 100x worse. imagine that.

• black and milds and OE were staples in my weekend diet at IU.

• I dont know if they still make it but there was this stuff called "lazer" that we would drink in hs that would get you crazy.

I dont know if they still make it but there was this stuff called "lazer" that we would drink in hs that would get you crazy.

Lazer came @ the tail end of the 40's craze. We knew that shit was made just for kids.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I used to down 3/4 of a forty in one chug and than proceed to burp up beer foam

I was 13, those were the days

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I find it kind've annoying that you have to be broke to enjoy a malt liquor forty. I actually PREFER a 40 of malt liquor to most drinks and, yes, I enjoy the taste of some forties and, yes, I enjoy spending less than $2 on a large amount of alcohol and, yes, I enjoy a malt liquor drunk. Anybody that's had enough experience drinking enough different types of alcohol will know that there are different types of drunk for the different types of alcohol you drink. Drinking too many liquor drinks gets me fucked up to the point where I will probably black out, will probably not be walking straight, and will probably be saying shit I regret and/or calling ex-girlfriends. Drinking too much beer gets me kinda bent, but mostly I just get bloated and feel hella full. Drinking too much wine? I don't even feel drunk and just get hella tired. Drinking malt liquor though? It's the perfect bent: it fucks with your brain a bit and fucks with your body a bit, and it's pretty hard to drink to the point of drinking too much. It's perfect.

So, yeah, I ain't broke, but catch me at the crib with a Country Club, a Private Stock, a Hurricane, an OE, a Colt 45, a Colt 45 Double Malt or whatever. I fucks with that shit.

A quick story for my skateboarders out there. Anybody that knows anything about skateboarding is aware of the inverted 540 on a half pipe called a "McTwist." My boy and I invented the drinking version of this: drinking 5 40s in one evening.

I've only pulled off a McTwist once.

I've tried it several times. The most recent one, I drank 3 40s, passed out for 20 minutes at 6:30 in the evening and awoke from my 20 minute nap insanely hungover. Shit sucked.

FYI: fives 40s is 200 ounces of alcohol anda bit more than 2,000 calories.

-e

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Night Train

We used to take this or Thunderbird, and pour a packet of kool aid in it.

But please believe it, even back in 1992 (when I had my first drink, at 14) rich kids used to drink the 40 as much if not more.... i recall quite a few park parties up in the Berkeley Hills with future fratboys sucking down OE and playing 2ndIINone

Rich kids have been trying to be down FOREVER. They just couldn't do it in Bushwick

Sounds like some west coast steez...
    Eastside PDX drinks included
    Cool-aide in 40's of Ides or OE, Homemade Special Brew=Yummy
    Or Super Tankers/Big Gulp of Orange soda with Night Train=Double Yummy

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I find it kind've annoying that you have to be broke to enjoy a malt liquor forty. I actually PREFER a 40 of malt liquor to most drinks and, yes, I enjoy the taste of some forties and, yes, I enjoy spending less than $2 on a large amount of alcohol and, yes, I enjoy a malt liquor drunk. Anybody that's had enough experience drinking enough different types of alcohol will know that there are different types of drunk for the different types of alcohol you drink. Drinking too many liquor drinks gets me fucked up to the point where I will probably black out, will probably not be walking straight, and will probably be saying shit I regret and/or calling ex-girlfriends. Drinking too much beer gets me kinda bent, but mostly I just get bloated and feel hella full. Drinking too much wine? I don't even feel drunk and just get hella tired. Drinking malt liquor though? It's the perfect bent: it fucks with your brain a bit and fucks with your body a bit, and it's pretty hard to drink to the point of drinking too much. It's perfect.

So, yeah, I ain't broke, but catch me at the crib with a Country Club, a Private Stock, a Hurricane, an OE, a Colt 45, a Colt 45 Double Malt or whatever. I fucks with that shit.

A quick story for my skateboarders out there. Anybody that knows anything about skateboarding is aware of the inverted 540 on a half pipe called a "McTwist." My boy and I invented the drinking version of this: drinking 5 40s in one evening.

I've only pulled off a McTwist once.

I've tried it several times. The most recent one, I drank 3 40s, passed out for 20 minutes at 6:30 in the evening and awoke from my 20 minute nap insanely hungover. Shit sucked.

FYI: fives 40s is 200 ounces of alcohol anda bit more than 2,000 calories.

-e

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

dont know about 40oz.
    but 1,5 liter gets ya well f***ed
    havin a

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    the last way i could tolerate drinking 40s was drinking them down ot the top of the label (oE) and then pouring in a pina colada wine cooler. taste of the tropics, wed tell ourselves.

its been a loooong time, thank god

that was called jungle juice, and you could do it with any wine cooler or even orange juice. the first college paper i was supposed to turn in was late because i had to take d*n b*lis to the hospital when he drank two 40s and walked into one of those big metal fire-proof doors in joss dorm

Emil, lol at McTwist