HIPSTERS DRINKIN' FORTIES AT THE CLUB...YUCK!!!!

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Anybody else use to play '80oz to Freedom'? Duct-tape two 40's to your open palms, have a friend twist the caps, and pray that you can down both before pissing yourself. My group of friends in college stopped playing it after we tried it with Steel Reserve. That shit was not pretty.

some call that edward fortyhands.
    retahded.

Ha! I'm pretty sure I've heard that variant as well. Good times...from what I can remember.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Anybody her "funnel" 40s back then? You had a huge funnel with a long tube, and we'd pour contents of the 40 into the funnel. You had to suck that malt liquor sickness down in nearly 2 seconds, or you'd be wearin' it. Do two of 'em, and you were fuuuuuuucked up!!! Then, puff blunts after that

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yo country club forties are ruthless. Time to roll up into the spot with a jug of some of that top of the line wine Carlos Rossi though!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I was a Midnight Dragon man myself, had to be the blue label joints. The green or beige label varieties tasted horrible in comparison. And yes, I could taste the difference, I even did it in a blind taste test once.

Back around 1991, '92, my standard MO was two 40's before I even left the crib on a Friday or Saturday night. It's a miracle I survived them days, for sure.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Forties are illegal in Florida--they just don't exist. You can get quarts, but the extra eight ounces just isn't there. When I was under age we used to drink panther ice, or hurricane which was ridiculous. The worst of them all though had to be MD 20/20, that shit looked like a melted popsicle and I think it was 20% alcohol. Any night that included the mad dog was a wreck.

I'm not sure of the exact percent, but any beer that is over 8 percent or so is supposed to be referred to as malt liquor. It's some weird American legislation that is probably left over from 1920.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    did anyone drink ghetto coffee - yyou cop a 40 of OE and a 16 oz of Guinness. Drink half of the OE then pour the Guinness in the half bottle of OE and proceed to get more fucked up than you can imagine!

I used to do that. Also I used to drink down half of my 40 and fill it pour in the Tahitian Treat. That was yummy.

Usually I used to fuck with Colt, OE, Red Bull, Blue Bull, 9Ball, and Private Stock. Really all depending on what we coudl get and what mood I was in. The thing about 40s is that we got them cause we were poor and it was more bang for the buck. Shit, if we could have AFFORDED good beers we would have gotten them, but 40 of malt was all was that was available.

• Anybody else use to play '80oz to Freedom'? Duct-tape two 40's to your open palms, have a friend twist the caps, and pray that you can down both before pissing yourself. My group of friends in college stopped playing after we tried it with Steel Reserve. That shit was not pretty.

Steel reserve is nasssssty. If you don't drink it quickly at a party start eying a spot behind a couch to ditch it. Warm it is not drinkable.

I still pick up a mickeys 40 or 2 if I can tolerate my wife making fun of me. It actually doesn't taste half bad compared to most 40s.

A friend of mine has stories about putting a shot of two of soco in the small grenades of mickeys. Also beyond foul. He is now vegan straight edge if that has anything to say on the subject.

• MD 20/20, that shit looked like a melted popsicle and I think it was 20% alcohol. Any night that included the mad dog was a wreck.

In high school we used to match this to the appropriately colored bottle of gatorade and drink it IN class. I stopped that shit when I passed out in the middle of US History. Whoever mentioned Champale gets the throwback of the year award. I remember one of the last years that Rocksteady Crew Anniversary was in Rocksteady Park, Tame One was there with some big-ass butch looking women and they were rolling around smoking L's and drinking Champale!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Couldn't find a jpeg, but remembered drinking Cool Mint Colt 45 22oz's advertised by Tone Loc, the answer of a Newport cigarette in a malt beer.

I still like Colt 45 cans icy cold, and Schlitz.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

In high school we used to match this to the appropriately colored bottle of gatorade and drink it IN class. I stopped that shit when I passed out in the middle of US History.

Beyond ridiculous 5000.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "funnel"

phew!
    ive seen a couple friends do it. usually followed by some puking. the most i could do was a couple regulation beers.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    MD 20/20, that shit looked like a melted popsicle and I think it was 20% alcohol. Any night that included the mad dog was a wreck.

Banana Strawberry does not taste good on the way up.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    MD 20/20, that shit looked like a melted popsicle and I think it was 20% alcohol. Any night that included the mad dog was a wreck.

Banana Strawberry does not taste good on the way up.

Orange Jubilee doesn't taste good going in either direction, and yet I still drank it.

• Yeah, Pink champale was dope, but if you really wanted to get hammered then you'de fuck with Night Train, or Johnny Walker Red....straight bum juice!!!

• sergserg 682 Posts

I remember drinking a 6-pack of tall-boy Magnums and then fallin' in the mud outside the club while play-fighting with one of my boys.

magnum did me bad a few times. Actually had some a few months back, smoother than piss ass colt 45. Magnum had me fucked up.

I like schlitz cause the bull is usually nice to me, get fucked up nice but without the pain. St ides had more bad times than good. King Cobra got me my first MIP ticket, was also the first time I passed out in the street. OE was always the standard. My homie use to do the OE down to the label and fill with OJ, that shit was gross. We use to steal mickeys from my friends dad, I never understood why people fucked with mickeys that shit was boring.

Was red dogg a malt liquor? I don't even remember anymore but I drank that lame shit a bunch of times.

• So I know I am not the only one that finds it a lil'funny, ironic, and/or disturbing watching hipsters "wild out" in the club with their Miller lite 40 oz.!!!! Who remembers Power Master, of course St.Ides, Mickeys, Crazy Horse, Old English, Private Stock, and too many more to name??!! Oh yeah, remember the 64 oz of Crazy Horse joints...

Amir

Cisco, duke.
    That was by far the nastiest shit I ever had the misfortune to drink.
    Now that I think about it however, I'm not entirely sure that there was ever a 40 oz. version.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

but this hands down is the craziest shit ive ever fucked with. We used to call it Liquid Crack. It would make you just blackout or puking everywhere. They probably distilled this shit with motor oil or antifreeze the way it got you fucked up. I remember the one time i sucked one down and woke up the next day laying in my friends living room layed out on his dining room table in front of his whole family covered in fluorescent puke. I heard I was pissing in the middle of the street at cars giving them the finger and i was trying to fight everyone including chicks.

dead on...

this shit just gives a sloppy, head full of fury, asshole drunk like nothing else... it's a Malt Liquor "Oh shit i'm tilted" buzz times 10....

i swear it's closer to a drug high than a booze one..., like if absinthe is illegal here, that shit should be, too...

as for malt liquors, i've fucked with all of 'em, the only ones i would still fuck with now are Private Stock and Blue Bull...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't think I've ever finished a forty before, I get so damn full.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Drinking 40's in 2007 is so not player.

• Night Train

We used to take this or Thunderbird, and pour a packet of kool aid in it.

But please believe it, even back in 1992 (when I had my first drink, at 14) rich kids used to drink the 40 as much if not more.... i recall quite a few park parties up in the Berkeley Hills with future fratboys sucking down OE and playing 2ndIINone

Rich kids have been trying to be down FOREVER. They just couldn't do it in Bushwick

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I have one friend who would always buy me shit like Cisco and Big Bear and Steel Reserve. Thanks for thinking of me, but no thanks.

Mickey's and Ole E got me through high school and college. Would sip one or two forties then fill up the bottle at the keg party.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    In college...
    + = health night

• When I was a freshman at Temple the only beer option was a 40oz. I think I tried just about everything. Private Stock is hands down the easiest to drink. I used to fuck with Steel Reserve. I swear in the morning you could feel that shit like a layer of grime on your skin. After a while it got really old and I just started getting the 22's of Becks. Shit tasts like gold compared to Steel Reserve.

did anyone drink ghetto coffee - yyou cop a 40 of OE and a 16 oz of Guinness. Drink half of the OE then pour the Guinness in the half bottle of OE and proceed to get more fucked up than you can imagine!

Isn't this called a black 8 ball.

• A vociferous antipathy for hipsters is the defining characteristic of the hipster.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yeah, Pink champale was dope, but if you really wanted to get hammered then you'de fuck with Night Train, or Johnny Walker Red....straight bum juice!!!

Yo Dave,

You brought back a "sketchy" memory I have of a night at the Ytema Club (Fort Bragg, NC). I slammed two 40s of Ole' Gold, and I had smuggled a 750ml of Night Train in my goose. I went in the bathroom and slammed that too. I danced a couple times, sat down, and then woke up the next morning in my man James's room (wondering what the fuck happened). Make it so bad, dude was up at FSU taking the GREs, so I was left to ponder that shit on the dolo all morning. I think he said something about me yelling out the window while he drove me back to his crib (mind you, in my car), and that I pissed on the floor when we got there Surprisingly, I didn't puke.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• did anyone drink ghetto coffee - you cop a 40 of OE and a 16 oz of Guinness. Drink half of the OE then pour the Guinness in the half bottle of OE and proceed to get more fucked up than you can imagine!

Isn't this called a black 8 ball.

In Brooklyn, we called it ghetto coffee. I'm sure it had a Wu-tang long list of names.

• I got the same type of memories from back in the days man! I got introduced to Night Train thru my man P-Funk from college..we're both poor college students and WE had to get our drink on so just bought Night Train on the reg. What a mistake!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

ah yesss... the thunderbird.

remember drinking this when i was 16 & 17 at Zoots in Detroit.
    Coming of age perhaps.

funny thing is i remember drinking this in college.
    my girlfriend at the time actually began to request it.
    "Can we go next door and get a bottle of thunderbird?"
    i preferred the regular flavor, she liked the apple.
    we'd go on the roof of my apt. building in the summer and polish off a bottle.
    i guess even at a young age, i was still advocating for cheap romance.

Now all at once:
    WHAT"S THE WORD?
    THUNDERBIRD.

WHAT'S THE PRICE?
    THIRTY TWICE.

• I'd never order a 40 at a bar, but I'll still drink 40s of OE at roof top party! I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ballantine! Not malt but better than most. A bodega staple, aahhh!

We called the half guiness half OE, the GBT, ghetto black and tan.