• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Mediocre at best NBA players with almost identical career numbers as Pippen

Brad Daugherty 19-9[/b]
    Otis Thorpe 14-8[/b]
    Tom Gugliotta 13-7[/b]

HELL NO

Pretty close

Decent NBA players with very similar(if not better) career numbers than Pippen

Shawn Kemp -Pippen beat Seattle & them
    Buck Williams -OG rebounding God
    Jamal Mashburn -"My Knee"
    Larry Johnson -"My Back"
    Terry Cummings Wrong team at the Wrong times
    Tom Chambers - "What's defense
    Derrick Coleman - "Whoop-dee-damn-doo!"

Co-Sign

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Mediocre at best NBA players with almost identical career numbers as Pippen

Brad Daugherty 19-9[/b]
    Otis Thorpe 14-8[/b]
    Tom Gugliotta 13-7[/b]

HELL NO

Pretty close

Numbers dont tell the whole story.

His NBA top 50 is argueable, but to think he's just a "good" player is wrong IMO.
    Money shut down Mark Jackson's offense in the East Conference Finals. He pretty much put stopped the Pacers offense from orchestrating.

U watchin the rookie soph game?

there was never a time in his career when he was in the top 5 players of the league.

The year he took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals. And he was the MVP of the All Star Game.
    Pippen was unstoppable that year. MJ was gone and Pippen more than held it down. Did y'all not watch basketball that year?

barkley, malone, stockton, olajawon, david robinson, reggie miller, shaq?, kj, isiah, ewing. it is arguable that he was in the top 5.

Pippen > K.J./Reggie/Stockton

Isaiah was near end of his career.
    Pippen beat Barkley/Stockton/Malone/Reggie/Ewing.

Got something going til the top of the hour....will switch it on then.

Any player standing out???

Got something going til the top of the hour....will switch it on then.

Any player standing out???

David Lee is early MVP honors and Monta Ellis has 14 of the bench w/ about 5 oops from CP3. Rokoies gettin blown out.

Anyone betting on Sir Charles beating Dick Bavetta in the 100 yard dash tomorrow??

• U watchin the rookie soph game?

Murs, Just Blaze and Ne-Yo were interviewed halftime with Kenny Smith and Craig Sager (in a shiny velvet suit). Barkley asked if Just Blaze was on his birth certificate. Kenny mentioned Jazzy Jeff and Q-Tip were DJing there tonight, too

Anyone betting on Sir Charles beating Dick Bavetta in the 100 yard dash tomorrow??

Avatar bet for one week? Mines about to be over on monday. Who u got?

Murs

Avatar bet for one week? Mines about to be over on monday. Who u got?

I want Chuck to win but I'm not stupid enough to think/bet he will....

How about we pick a winner of the 3 Pt. Contest and if either of us are right, the other guy wears an avatar for a week.

I'll let you pick first.

How about we pick a winner of the 3 Pt. Contest and if either of us are right, the other guy wears an avatar for a week.

I'll let you pick first.

Jason Kapono.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I'll let you pick first.

Jason Kapono.

I say Jason Terry and Damon Jones get eliminated in the first round.

KOBE IN THE PLAYSTATION SKILLS CHALLENGE. DON'T FUCK WITH THIS!!!

I'll let you pick first.

Jason Kapono.

I'll take the other Jason.......gimme JET

I'll let you pick first.

Jason Kapono.

I'll take the other Jason.......gimme JET

i have this image where he's the type of shooter that gets too comfortable and ends up making like 6 in the first round.

• I think JET takes it this year. Just a hunch.

I think JET takes it this year. Just a Mavs fan.

Are Chris Mullin's St John's numbers that great to put him into the Hall of Fame?

OG Dream Team/Run TMC/Eastern Conference Finals......

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Pippen, Fifty GOAT. No questions asked.

Rodman, essential. Not Fifty GOAT.

I just want to say this...

unmatchable rebound numbers and records...

defender of the year after rookie season...
    5 championships
    unmatched defending and rebounding intensity: a unique aspect of his person that should have gotten him in..his image got him out

• dude everybody knows they handed david lee that award because he's white

dude everybody knows they handed david lee that award because he's white

He's the heart of the Knicks.

• Are Chris Mullin's St John's numbers that great to put him into the Hall of Fame?

The buzzcut and overcoming alcohol abuse should get him over the top! actually not really, his numbers compare to alot of cats during his era who were high powered scorers, mark aguirre, rolando blackman etc...

Im totally biased being a warriors fan. but he did have 2 gold medals, one w/ the 84 team and then the og dream team and his exemplary work as vp of basketball operations with the GSW's hahaha

the basketball hall of fame is all inclusive, which doesnt just mean nba stats but his contributions to the game of basketball right?

dude everybody knows they handed david lee that award because he's white

Are Chris Mullin's St John's numbers that great to put him into the Hall of Fame?

The buzzcut and overcoming alcohol abuse should get him over the top! actually not really, his numbers compare to alot of cats during his era who were high powered scorers, mark aguirre, rolando blackman etc...

Im totally biased being a warriors fan. but he did have 2 gold medals, one w/ the 84 team and then the og dream team and his exemplary work as vp of basketball operations with the GSW's hahaha

the basketball hall of fame is all inclusive, which doesnt just mean nba stats but his contributions to the game of basketball right?

Yeah, that why I'd like to know his St/Johns numbers.And if they are great enuff to push him over the top. I like Mullin but.... Did he go against the Lakers in the Finals w/ the Pacers? I'll do some homework.I know he had one sick season where shot the lights out of the league. He was the man in NYC back in the days.

• Chris Mullin, St John's, 6-6, G/F

G MIN FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA REB PF AST TO BLK STL PTS
    81-82 St John's 30 1061 175 328 148 187 97 81 92 97 6 43 498
    82-83 St John's 33 1210 228 395 173 197 123 69 101 94 8 39 629
    83-84 St John's 27 1070 225 394 169 187 120 61 109 100 11 56 619
    84-85 St John's 35 1327 251 482 192 233 169 68 151 90 17 73 694
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TOTALS 125 4668 879 1599 682 804 509 279 453 381 42 211 2440

MIN FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG TPG BPG SPG PPG
    81-82 St John's 35.4 53.4 79.1 3.2 3.1 3.2 0.2 1.4 16.6
    82-83 St John's 36.7 57.7 87.8 3.7 3.1 2.8 0.2 1.2 19.1
    83-84 St John's 39.6 57.1 90.4 4.4 4.0 3.7 0.4 2.1 22.9
    84-85 St John's 37.9 52.1 82.4 4.8 4.3 2.6 0.5 2.1 19.8
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    TOTALS 37.3 55.0 84.8 4.1 3.6 3.0 0.3 1.7 19.5

National Player of the year (UPI, USBWA), 1985... Wooden Award Winner, 1985...
    Unanimous 1st Team All-American, 1985... Consensus 2nd Team All-American, 1984...
    3rd Team All-American (UPI), 1983... Selected by Golden State Warriors in 1st
    round (#7 pick overall) of 1985 NBA Draft.

CHRIS MULLIN ??? Player, a McDonald???s High School All-America from Brooklyn, NY, was a five-time NBA All-Star and collegiate standout at St. John???s, where he was named Big East Player of the Year an unprecedented three times. A two-time Olympic gold medalist (1984, 1992), Mullin played 16 NBA seasons for Golden State and Indiana, amassing 17,911 points while averaging more than 20 ppg for six consecutive seasons. He is one of only 17 players in NBA history to compile 17,000 points, 3,000 rebounds and 3,000 assists, and was an NBA First Team pick in 1992. He is the all time scoring leader at St. John???s (2,440), where he was named the Wooden Award winner and Sporting News First Team All-America in 1985.

• yep, mullin was the man. he's the mc serch of late 80s/early 90s basketball.

i'm rooting for tyrus thomas and kapono tonite.

vs

To start things off on Allstar Sat Night. This is gonna be comedy.