NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• Yuichi, your boy was all-star MVP, yet you rep runner-up of skillz challenge in your loc. Just an observation. Have a nice afternoon.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i'm the soulstrut authority on dunking and all things related to kobe pre nba (sorry yuichi), but i played against the dude from 8th-12th grade. he wasnt dunking like gerald green back then...or now, imo.

Elaborate.

Did you guard him or watch him from the bench.

KVH - What is your NBA team?

Yuichi- do u want Kidd? And who do you give up to aquire him?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kidd going to the Lakers seems like such an odd fit. Unless they plan on running more his skills will be completely under utilized.

I know that Jackson likes big guards and that Kidd can still play some D, although the younger points can go right past him many times these days. Other than that though, with that triangle LA doesn't need a point guard, just someone to bring the ball past the half court mark. The triangle is also based around a lot of jump shooting, something Kidd has never been good at. Streaky as hell from the outside. I guess the lure of LA and playing a role on a team that can build for the future and hopefully go farther into the playoffs has its appeal.

Kidd going to the Lakers seems like such an odd fit. Unless they plan on running more his skills will be completely under utilized.

I know that Jackson likes big guards and that Kidd can still play some D, although the younger points can go right past him many times these days. Other than that though, with that triangle LA doesn't need a point guard, just someone to bring the ball past the half court mark. The triangle is also based around a lot of jump shooting, something Kidd has never been good at. Streaky as hell from the outside. I guess the lure of LA and playing a role on a team that can build for the future and hopefully go farther into the playoffs has its appeal.

This is what one of the critiques of the proposed trade deals w/. The triangle doesnt need a pure point guard, but Kidd w/in the triangle is still an upgrade.
    But who leaves the Lakers?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi- do u want Kidd? And who do you give up to aquire him?

You know what, as much as I like Smush, he's not a consistent competitor. I like Farmar. He makes good decisions and doesn't hesitate. I'd be a shame to see him go.

J Kidd in the short run would be a great pickup for any team. In the long run, I wouldn't want him.

In the long run, I wouldn't want him.

True, but the Mavs/Suns/Spurs will be shittin bricks if Kidd joins.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

This is what one of the critiques of the proposed trade deals w/. The triangle doesnt need a pure point guard, but Kidd w/in the triangle is still an upgrade.
    But who leaves the Lakers?

If Kidd goes to the Lakers he'll be the next Ron Harper - star to role player.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I doubt it. Noone's fucking with the Mavs in the West at this point. In the East, Detroit or Miami's gonna come out. I do believe Miami (that darn Wade) will turn it on when it counts, and they will be in the thick of it come playoff time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    David Aldrich is hella annoying improvising in place of Kenny.

I doubt it. Noone's fucking with the Mavs in the West at this point.

Kidd makes your transtion game bananas.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

It all depends on who the Lakers will have to give up to get Kidd.

• I do believe Miami (that darn Wade) will turn it on when it counts, and they will be in the thick of it come playoff time.

Please let the Mavs come through the West and please let the Heat be there when we do. Unfinished fucking business.

I do believe Miami (that darn Wade) will turn it on when it counts, and they will be in the thick of it come playoff time.

Please let the Mavs come through the West and please let the Heat be there when we do. Unfinished fucking business.

REVENGE!!!!!!!

• i'm the soulstrut authority on dunking and all things related to kobe pre nba (sorry yuichi), but i played against the dude from 8th-12th grade. he wasnt dunking like gerald green back then...or now, imo.

Elaborate.

keep in mind kobe grew up in the suburbs, so in 8th grade, i was probably the best player on my team, as was he (he had just come over from Italy). i dont remember if i guarded him, but i was still a pre-pubescent midget and he was over 6 ft, so i doubt it. in high school he got REALLY good. our schools never played eachother despite being a few miles away, but we played against eachother (i use that term usely) in a few summer leagues. again, in the suburban leagues, i was always pretty good (not compared to him, but to the other suburbanites). in philly, there is a legendary summer league called the "sonny hill league". we both played in that league, but he was a star, and i mostly sat on the bench collecting splinters. btw, i was on the "suburban team", which he should have been on...but he actually played for "west philly." even back then, he knew how to market himself! No, he would not know who i am, nor did he probably back then...despite my suburban stardom!

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    im only a temp at this bank but i overheard the words 'raptors' 'vip' and 'box'

wonder what i have to do / do to who to get some action

• from si.com...

??? The Nuggets and Celtics appear to be two of the more active teams, but neither appears to have the assets to pull off a major deal. George Karl has said he would like to add a point guard, and there were reports of a deal with the Mavs that would send Anthony Johnson to Denver for Eduardo Najera. The Celtics are said to be seeking any kind of big-man help.[/b]

BRING BACK EDDIE!!!!!!!

• I hope they don't get rid of Najera, he is the only hard-working hustle player they have who is consistent. What do they need another guard for? Blake, Iverson and Smith aren't enough? I suppose Blake is the only one who is a pure PG, but still. That isn't our problem, defense is our biggest problem. We should be moving for big defensive guys right now. I don't understand George's mentality sometimes, but hey, he's the coach, he knows best.

Oh yeah, I just remembered about Smith's injury. Fuck. Arthroscopic surgery, out 4 weeks, probably won't return to his true energetic form for some time after that. We can't fuckin' win over here (literally or figuratively).

Oh and that game against the Spurs was our worst game this season. Straight garbage. I turned it off halfway through the third. We need that win against the Jazz on Friday to save face, that'll be a tough one though.

• We need that win against the Jazz on Friday to save face, that'll be a tough one though.

Guess who's waiting on Saturday if you get by the Jazz on Friday.....

Edpowers did you no favors w/ his bold Nuggets prediction. I'm out for blood.

from si.com...

??? The Nuggets and Celtics appear to be two of the more active teams, but neither appears to have the assets to pull off a major deal. George Karl has said he would like to add a point guard, and there were reports of a deal with the Mavs that would send Anthony Johnson to Denver for Eduardo Najera. The Celtics are said to be seeking any kind of big-man help.[/b]

BRING BACK EDDIE!!!!!!!

This dude makes things happen every time he steps on the court.

• We need that win against the Jazz on Friday to save face, that'll be a tough one though.

Guess who's waiting on Saturday if you get by the Jazz on Friday.....

Edpowers did you no favors w/ his bold Nuggets prediction. I'm out for blood.

Yeah yeah, I know. I don't expect a win Saturday, but I hope it is AT LEAST a decent game. I can't take another game like the Spurs game. That shit was unacceptable. Carmelo scored the most points with 15? gtfohwtbs. A credit to the Spurs, they are vets, they know how to shut down superstars.

The Nuggets are not doing well, but at the same time, no team is going to do that well when they've been through such a whirlwind of a season. I'm already looking at next season, I pretty much gave up on this one. It's still possible that they will hang on to their playoff spot, but who knows.

As far as winning in the NBA goes.....

Underrated = The Role Player

Overrated = The Superstar

• As far as winning in the NBA goes.....

I'm inclined to agree but then I know you mighta watched last year's NBA Finals.....Dwyane JavieSalatoreCrawford was allsome.

As far as winning in the NBA goes.....

I'm inclined to agree but then I know you mighta watched last year's NBA Finals.....Dwyane JavieSalatoreCrawford was allsome.

Nah....I missed last year's Finals.....who won???

• As far as winning in the NBA goes.....

assuming this is directed at me, i agree. i may be a big fan of anthony but i also understand that a balance between superstars and role players is needed to go anywhere. that is why i don't want them to let go of eddie and that is also why i was pissed when they got rid of andre miller.

• i'm the soulstrut authority on dunking and all things related to kobe pre nba (sorry yuichi), but i played against the dude from 8th-12th grade. he wasnt dunking like gerald green back then...or now, imo.

Elaborate.

keep in mind kobe grew up in the suburbs, so in 8th grade, i was probably the best player on my team, as was he (he had just come over from Italy). i dont remember if i guarded him, but i was still a pre-pubescent midget and he was over 6 ft, so i doubt it. in high school he got REALLY good. our schools never played eachother despite being a few miles away, but we played against eachother (i use that term usely) in a few summer leagues. again, in the suburban leagues, i was always pretty good (not compared to him, but to the other suburbanites). in philly, there is a legendary summer league called the "sonny hill league". we both played in that league, but he was a star, and i mostly sat on the bench collecting splinters. btw, i was on the "suburban team", which he should have been on...but he actually played for "west philly." even back then, he knew how to market himself! No, he would not know who i am, nor did he probably back then...despite my suburban stardom!

thats dope. my closest brushes with fame were guarding cash money once (he can ball) and guarding yusef salaam (acquited central park jogger wilding kid) in a game at his upstate correctional facility.

and i almost had to guard r.kelly at this gym i used to go to in philly, but he got sat down by a court regular who started singing to him, "i believe i can flyyyyyyy...and i believe you can sit" during the game after he beat him.

• damn, wade carted off in a wheelchair ... i can sympathize with that injury though - the same thing happened to me in almost the exact same way ... but i had to drive home in a stick shift only using my off hand lolzers ... dwade is a pussy. seriously though that shoulder has never been the same, and that injury happened like 4 years ago. hope he isn't out too long.

so is pat riley planning his next escape now? i bet he pulls a larry brown and has a highly publicized exit on a gurney one of these games .....

dwade is a pussy.

GTFOHWTB!