NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Well, the Allstar game is...an allstar game. I saw highlights of that NHL allstar game, that shit was mad weak. I'd rather see the same players in a 10 on 10 tag team dunk contest or something.

Or a lighthearted game to see how far they could throw Nate Robinson from half-court into the stands. Winner's team gets a first-round bye.

I know it's just an international popularity contest, but can someone explain to me how bench-riding Nazr Muhammad got ~15,000 MORE votes than EDDY CURRY?! Curry should have been right underneath Ben Wallace, from what I've seen.

Eddy who?

You just played yourself.

Well, I don't generally watch the East so...

You do talk a lot of schitt about the Knicks for someone that never watches the East and doesn't know Eddie Curry

b/w

Jamal Crawford on fire

Uncharacteristically irritable for someone of your stature.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I know it's just an international popularity contest, but can someone explain to me how bench-riding Nazr Muhammad got ~15,000 MORE votes than EDDY CURRY?! Curry should have been right underneath Ben Wallace, from what I've seen.

Eddy who?

You just played yourself.

Well, I don't generally watch the East so...

You do talk a lot of schitt about the Knicks for someone that never watches the East and doesn't know Eddie Curry

b/w

Jamal Crawford on fire

Uncharacteristically irritable for someone of your stature.

Haha... I'm just noting, not condemning.

If uninformed trash talk were a crime, I'd be upstate guarding my orifaces at this point.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

b/w

Jamal Crawford on the trading block[/b]

b/w

Perhaps, but he just put 52 on the loathsome Heat (on 67% shooting).

• 8 for 10 from 3 point land......

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You do talk a lot of schitt about the Knicks for someone that never watches the East and doesn't know Eddie Eddy Curry

b/w

Jamal Crawford on fire

Crazy shit. Jamal Crawford could not miss. But what a terrible came to watch. It was like Miami wasn't even putting up a fight, just running down the floor throwing up a jump shot.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Atlanta at Orlando[/b]
    Cleveland[/b] at Philadelphia
    Boston at Toronto[/b]
    Washington at Detroit[/b]
    Miami[/b] at NY Knicks
    Sacramento[/b] at NO/Oklahoma City
    Memphis at San Antonio[/b]
    Portland at Houston[/b]
    Phoenix[/b] at Milwaukee
    Denver[/b] at Utah
    Charlotte at LA Lakers[/b]
    Minnesota at Seattle[/b]

5/12

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Atlanta at Orlando[/b]
    Cleveland[/b] at Philadelphia
    Boston at Toronto[/b]
    Washington at Detroit[/b]
    Miami[/b] at NY Knicks
    Sacramento[/b] at NO/Oklahoma City
    Memphis at San Antonio[/b]
    Portland at Houston[/b]
    Phoenix[/b] at Milwaukee
    Denver[/b] at Utah
    Charlotte at LA Lakers[/b]
    Minnesota at Seattle[/b]

5/12

Pretty much a night of "upsets".

Does Denver get anybody else envolved besides Melo&A.I.?
    Congrats to Crawdaddy for 52. I peeped that performance.
    Cleveland looked good w/out Lebron takin all the shots.
    Bobcats..........paging Yuichi.
    What's this i hear about Toronto turning the corner?
    Dwight Howard has hit a wall.
    Wiz vs Pistons looked like a good game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Damn....was that a 1 or 2 game winning streak that A.I. and Melo put together???

Damn....was that a 1 or 2 game winning streak that A.I. and Melo put together???

Haha. I havent seen them play yet but I bet know one else gets off cause those 2 are trying to "prove" they can "work together". Blake seems to be fitting in just fine. I want JR Smith to become a factor again.

• Damn....was that a 1 or 2 game winning streak that A.I. and Melo put together???

Haha. I havent seen them play yet but I bet know one else gets off cause those 2 are trying to "prove" they can "work together". Blake seems to be fitting in just fine. I want JR Smith to become a factor again.

Actually, no. All of the appropriate players on the team has been given opportunities to score (Smith has been scoring 18-20 a game off the bench in the last few, for instance) but dudes aren't hitting their shots as much as they should be. I don't know what was up with that game last night. The officiating was shitty all around, most of our second scoring options had 4 fouls by the half. We had to go with AI and Melo because they were making their baskets and everybody else was playing cold (Melo had 24 in the first half). They had 33 and 37 points respectively. It came down to a defense issue in the 4th quarter, as usual. These guys can handle scoring the points but the team has not gelled yet and figured out their defensive game in the paint.

Do people just expect that a team with a completely new line up who has had something like 15 different starting lineups in the first half of the season to come out like they've one 4 or 5 championships together? I mean, shit, it's gonna take a minute, this is the NBA. Every team is a threat, regardless. Having 2 all-star caliber scorers doesn't automatically make you the best in the world. We still gotta work for it and it might take a month or two to get set. We still played a good game last night.

By the way, as predicted, AK47 was injured and is probably out again for a while. It looked ugly but I didn't hear the injury report on him yet. He turned his ankle pretty good last night.

• haha! just saw that commercial for the first time yesterday. perfect!

• As for that allstar bullshit, we all know it's a fan's vote so it doesn't mean shit, absolutely no basketball science involved. straight rubbish.

But seriously, Tracy McGrady over Steve Nash? How retarded.

I really think the fans should pick the backups, let the coaches pick the starting 5.

Dwight Howard got a lot of votes though, I didn't expect that. And Iverson had more votes originally, I think they took some away. One day I saw the stats up on nbatv and he had a mil 5 and some change when kobe and them were only at a mil 2 or so and AI was still ranked below them. I didn't understand that. I don't think all of his east votes were counted.

And since Nash didn't make it, I'm sure he will get the Coaches vote especially since D'antoni will most likely be the coach in the west. AI gets the shaft this year. That's bullshit. Hopefully the west coaches will smarten up and grab Carmelo for the bench.

I really think the fans should pick the backups, let the coaches pick the starting 5.

The Fans shouldnt pick anything. But the NBA want to "involve" its fans, so this problem will always exist.
    Why couldnt the players vote? It doesnt really matter cause its(Las Vegas) an entertainment venue.

1994 All-Star Game. The Pippen coming out party.

Yee, when I got the offer to shoot this commercial, I thought "Is this shit gonna sell?".

Think fast!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Yee, when I got the offer to shoot this commercial, I thought "Is this shit gonna sell?".

Think fast!

Dude you owe me some cash for sneaking into my apartment and filming me secretly for that fathead commerical. No shots of the expedit wine cellar? Weak!!!

Hey Drewn, yo ass is next!!!!

One week avartar bet?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    close game for the mavs yesterday

what is upo with these new gold uniform trends

• You do talk a lot of schitt about the Knicks for someone that never watches the East and doesn't know Eddie Curry

b/w

Perhaps, but he just put 52 on the loathsome Heat (on 67% shooting).

16 straight, right?

b/w

What kind of basketball scientist doesn't follow an entire division?

what is upo with these new gold uniform trends

Washington - Gold
    Spurs - Silver

Metallic is the now.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

One week avartar bet?

Aight, bet. Are we keeping the avatars NBA-related?

Sucks that I won't be able to catch the game, though. I'll be crossing my fingers on my way back to the crib tonight.

One week avartar bet?
    Aight, bet. Are we keeping the avatars NBA-related?
    Any Avatar dog! Monday till Monday!

• gold uniforms could be nice if they're done well...but washington and sacramento's are NAGL imo.

i was at the bulls/heat game last night, 4th row behind the heat bench. i have seen shaq play in person before, but never seen him so close (yes, i know he didn't play last night). there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night. i guess there were a lot of d wade fans, but they exhibited more composure, ha.

anyway, i can't believe chicago even let the heat have a chance near the end but overall i was satisfied w/ the way they played.

ben wallace got injured right in front of me and that shit looked painful as hell! you could see when he first tried to "walk it out" he thought he was alright, then a second later, i saw his whole body change and he collapsed and had to get carried off.

oh man, and there was a 60 something (white) racist beeatch behind me, wondering how "these people" got such good seats. first she was talking out loud about me moving 3 seats down MY row to get some more room. bitch, please. i paid the same price, moving 3 seats away is not a big deal. THEN, this (black) girl comes and sits next to me, and this lady persists with this shit like "i wish the ushers would do their job...can anyone just sit here?" type shit. i almost threw my beer at her wrinkled grill but i had to keep myself in check because i know i really can't change this woman's perspective on shit at her old age, so i just tried to drown her out w/ booze. it's so difficult though when she is trying to be involved in the game by saying things like "oh no they just missed the shot!" No shit, I am watching the same fucking game here lady. ANYWAY, then this girl's father (he's black) comes and sits next to her, and the lady starts talking more shit out loud. i look over at her father and say hello, and start some small talk and it turns out those are THEIR season tickets and they just showed up late...so obviously i'm really thinking

(sorry for the rant...carry on)

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    (sorry for the rant...carry on)

fug... sucks that sick seats can be ruined by a stuck up b*tch. i got sick seats for the nets/pistons game weds. i will not hesitate to slap a fool if necc.

• (sorry for the rant...carry on)

fug... sucks that sick seats can be ruined by a stuck up b*tch. i got sick seats for the nets/pistons game weds. i will not hesitate to slap a fool if necc.

nice! that will be a good game a***n. yeah, she didn't ruin it for me, but damn, it took a lot to not focus on her nonsense.

there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night.

Bizarre.

I suspect that this has more to do with the type of lames that are Shaq fans than with anything else.

• Bizarre.

I suspect that this has more to do with the type of lames that are Shaq fans than with anything else.

you could be on to something...

there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night.

Bizarre.

Most of Shaq's fans are the bigger type, whether it's male or female.