NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• tonite Knicks vs. Suns:

• sixers v. cavs last nite was pretty sick. double OT. i am convinced nobody can come close to f*cking with Lebron. kobe is the sh*t and i'm a huge fan, but Lebron is a monster. he didn't start trying until the 4th quarter, but when he turned it on, there was nothing the sixers could do. the difference between him and kobe is that a hard foul will knock kobe on his ass. the sixers tried to tackle lebron last night when he drove to the hoop and he still got an and-1.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    sixers v. cavs last nite was pretty sick. double OT. i am convinced nobody can come close to f*cking with Lebron. kobe is the sh*t and i'm a huge fan, but Lebron is a monster. he didn't start trying until the 4th quarter, but when he turned it on, there was nothing the sixers could do. the difference between him and kobe is that a hard foul will knock kobe on his ass. the sixers tried to tackle lebron last night when he drove to the hoop and he still got an and-1.

The Sixers won.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kobe & Lebron are to hoops what Eddie Van Halen is to the guitar!!!

Kobe & Lebron are to hoops what Eddie Van Halen is to the guitar!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i am convinced nobody can come close to f*cking with Lebron. kobe is the sh*t and i'm a huge fan, but Lebron is a monster.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF BASELESS HATE THAT REVEALS YOU TO BE A NONBALLER. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE OF THIS OUT OF YOU. MODIFY YOUR OPINIONS OR PREPARE TO BE WORKED, SON.

i am convinced nobody can come close to f*cking with Lebron. kobe is the sh*t and i'm a huge fan, but Lebron is a monster.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF BASELESS HATE THAT REVEALS YOU TO BE A NONBALLER. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE OF THIS OUT OF YOU. MODIFY YOUR OPINIONS OR PREPARE TO BE WORKED, SON.

I like the part about how he just fucked around for three quarters and only really "tried" in the 4th!!

• The Sixers won.

true, but only cause Iguedala was on fire and Miller was in the 4th. Lebron man-handled them....on offense. its not his fault the cavs suck.

its not his fault the cavs suck.

Its not?

• I like the part about how he just fucked around for three quarters and only really "tried" in the 4th!!

mj used to do the same thing. lebron has the most fourth quarter points in the league but doesnt rank in the top 5 in scoring overall.

I like the part about how he just fucked around for three quarters and only really "tried" in the 4th!!

mj used to do the same thing. lebron has the most fourth quarter points in the league but doesnt rank in the top 5 in scoring overall.

MJ played an all around game (Defense & Offense) and stepped up accordingly in the 4th when he needed to.
    Too suggest that these dudes are coasting is suspect.

lebron has the most fourth quarter points in the league but doesnt rank in the top 5 in scoring overall.

Maybe THAT's why the Cav's suck

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Personally I think that Nash is the best player in the NBA because he does so much for his teammates, but the best individual basketball player right now has to be Kobe. He's finally playing team ball and he's always been an amazing scorer. He can also play very good D when he wants to. He played a great all around game and dropped 42 on the Warriors just a few nights ago. I don't even like the guy, but I've gotta give props where due.

• There is some seriously wack Lebron hate going on in this thread. I don't get it. If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

I agree about the presumptiousness of suggesting that NBA players "coast" at times, but Kobe seems to absolutely do that. Or maybe he's just "laying back in the cut" so that ballers like Walton and Bynum can go off? I'm no scientist after all.

There is some seriously wack Lebron hate going on in this thread. I don't get it. If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

I agree about the presumptiousness of suggesting that NBA players "coast" at times, but Kobe seems to absolutely do that. Or maybe he's just "laying back in the cut" so that ballers like Walton and Bynum can go off? I'm no scientist after all.

Lebron's Defense is average. Kobe is finally growing up and learning to pick his spots.

• There is some seriously wack Lebron hate going on in this thread. I don't get it. If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

Lebron's Defense is average. Kobe is finally growing up and learning to pick his spots.

Okay. How good do you think Lebron will be when he goes through his "finally growing up" phase? What's Kobe got, 7 years on The Kid?

Lebron's mix of size and skill-set is beyond special. JMO. Just saw the highlights of Cavs v. Sixers but you could tell he dominated the final 22 minutes of that game. The Cavs roster is still not constructed very well and I dunno about their coach.

This isn't to diminsh the Mamba's game either, cos that's filthy too.

• If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

if you disagree with this statement, you shouldn't be commenting on the nba.

If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

I disagree w/ Three Rings.

• If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

(cough) The Daddy (cough) Phillip (cough). Lakers have been slightly above Cav-like since Shaq Fu left, right?

If I were "starting a franchise", choosing Lebron over Kobe would be a no-brainer.

(cough) The Daddy (cough) Phillip (cough). Lakers have been slightly above Cav-like since Shaq Fu left, right?

Kobe plays better defense that Lebron.

• 3 rings? are you suggesting kobe is a better team player? he plays better on the ball defense. lebron is bigger and stronger. he can guard a center if he had to...or a point guard. think of magic against the sixers in the '80 finals. aside from defense, i think its pretty clear that lebron is a better passer. he's also seven years younger than kobe. so why would a team pick kobe ahead of lebron?

3 rings? are you suggesting kobe is a better team player? he plays better on the ball defense. lebron is bigger and stronger. he can guard a center if he had to...or a point guard. think of magic against the sixers in the '80 finals. aside from defense, i think its pretty clear that lebron is a better passer. he's also seven years younger than kobe. so why would a team pick kobe ahead of lebron?

5 NBA All Defensive Teams. Defense wins championships.

Yes Lebron is younger but at this point Kobe's game is so well rounded compared to LeBron's that I wouls still prefer to have someone who experienced getting to the big dance 3 times.

Ok....you guys can certainly dispute this....but.....

When I watch a game and one player is obviously dominating it's a beautiful thing to watch, it requires superior athletic ability and it's all the talk at the water cooler the next day.

The truly GREAT players though are those guys who just seem to be having an average, unexciting game and then when it's all said and done you realize they just went for 30/10....and their team WON!!!

Jordan was like this
    Doc
    Magic

I may be biased but I don't put Kobe in their class.

lebron may get there, we'll see.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

When I watch a game and one player is obviously dominating it's a beautiful thing to watch, it requires superior athletic ability and it's all the talk at the water cooler the next day.

The truly GREAT players though are those guys who just seem to be having an average, unexciting game and then when it's all said and done you realize they just went for 30/10....and their team WON!!!

Jordan was like this
    Doc
    Magic

This was what I was commenting on before. In the Lakers' last game against the Warriors Kobe did just that. I had no idea he was putting up such points until the end and finished with 42. He's really playing with his teammates and within himself this year. It's a real change in approach for someone that I always took as pounding the ball too much. Not only that, but the Lakers have been missing the 2nd best player Odom for most of the season and are still 2nd in the Pacific.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Dallas 13
    Chicago 27
    end 1st.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dallas 13
    Chicago 27
    end 1st.

Mavs must be tired or something! Wtf!!!

• They can't win 'em all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Jordan was like this
    Doc
    Magic

This was what I was commenting on before. In the Lakers' last game against the Warriors Kobe did just that. I had no idea he was putting up such points until the end and finished with 42. He's really playing with his teammates and within himself this year. It's a real change in approach for someone that I always took as pounding the ball too much. Not only that, but the Lakers have been missing the 2nd best player Odom for most of the season and are still 2nd in the Pacific.

This is a very good look Motown. The ball-hogging after Shaq left was a direct result of all those years of automatically being delegated to "little brother" in "Shaq Daddy's house". That, and his teammates are young. I'd be mad too, if I knew I were 10 fold more skillful than "The Man". Matter of fact, I'd try to prove a point and drop 81 on dat azz too.

And you dudes having this Jordan vs Kobe, Lebron vs Kobe argument are lucky I had a major headache and took a half-day.

-yuichi

aka "consistently speaking truth"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And you dudes having this Jordan vs Kobe, Lebron vs Kobe argument are lucky I had a major headache and took a half-day.

What!?

There are no "half-days" when it comes to bringing the science to these basketball heathens!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

" Rockadelic, you may not be down with my slick image and perfectionist inclinations, but the old wholesome days of wearing short shorts and not having any expectations to live up to are over. And you're right, what I actually do is not 'Great', it's 'Spectacular' and 'Mind-blowing'. I am also the missing piece for TEAM USA in an otherwise unimpressive string of performances internationally. 'If you don't like that, you don't like NBA basketball!'"