NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Knicks have some rings....what the hell good is it doing them in 2007???

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I think this is their year .

Cub talk

Ed...instead of hatting.....tell us who YOUR team is and tell us how they are going to have a mediocre season and only make the playoffs if they're lucky and then get knocked out in the first round.

Show us all how a REAL fan backs their team.

Basketball doesn't start until March

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And dont look now.... but Houston is coming

Maybe I'm sleeping but I'm not scurred at all. At best they can be spoilers.

....and who the hell have you beat in these 13 games ? Phoenix (by 2) & who else ?

Wait........I know this one.......ummmm......

Oh yeah..

The Spurs....

But wait...

There was another team in that stretch......

The Indianapolis Pacers

I want to know besides Gene and myself, where do you come in contact with all these mysterious Mavs fans that annoy you??? Seriously???

Uhhhhhh .....Not everyone i know posts on soulstrut ....Sorry ,i still have contact with the real world

....and who the hell have you beat in these 13 games ? Phoenix (by 2) & who else ?

Wait........I know this one.......ummmm......

Lakers
    Suns
    Hornets
    Kings
    Sonics
    Clippers
    Bobcats
    Suns
    Hornets
    Nuggets
    Sonics
    Pacers
    Spurs

I'd be beating my chest as well!!!

The Indianapolis Pacers

dude please

And dont look now.... but Houston is coming

Maybe I'm sleeping but I'm not scurred at all. At best they can be spoilers.

They are a better team without Yao.....but hey...i dont know schitt about basketball

• I see now. The axiom "the regular season don't mean shit" only applies when I show up and want to talk about how the Mavs are puttin' it down, which for right now, they are.

I thought this was a thread of ongoing discussion about the progression of the NBA season because y'all are some die-hard NBA mofos I will give you that. If you go back and look, I posted maybe 4 times in the first 15 pages because I was laying back in the cut for that very reason. Well after two months of play in teh league you all love so much, the Mavs are once again the fucking story because their play has been superlative thus far. It doesn't matter who you beat when you are stringing together wins so consistently. Would any of you disagree that is damn tough to win night in and night out at home or on the road during the grind of the regular season? So I just mention that fact and it stirs up a shitstorm OF HATER-ASS FUCKING BULLSHIT. We all know about the past and we prognosticate on the future. Look how many keyboard lives have been ruined with all the words typed about teams that will be absolutely meaningless in the scheme of the late season play you all rightly cling to. I mean the Knicks? Why do they merit discussion? THe Warriors? Maybe lucky to ge to #8. So a little Mavs talk is necessary. Maybe the "Best coach" comment was out of line but right now on January 5 the Best Team moniker absolutely applies and you can argue they do have the most well put-together and complementary roster of athletes, defenders, shooters, big men and role players. So do you wanna talk regular season basketball or do you want to hate. Of course I'ma home for my team but how much of what I've typed is inaccurate? Lemme know cos we can discuss it. Who wants to talk basketball? Did you watch the game last night? Great game between two great teams and great coaches? Best rivalry in the NBA? Best rivalry in sports? Let's move past this and build.

Lakers....injuries
    76ers[/b]...garbage
    Hornets....garbage
    Kings.....garbage
    Sonics....garbage
    Clippers....garbage
    Bobcats.....garbage
    Suns........by 2 at home
    Hornets......garbage
    Nuggets.....the fake nuggets ....by 4
    Sonics.......garbage
    Pacers......at home ...do it again next friday
    Spurs.......tired

• Lakers....injuries
    76ers[/b]...garbage
    Hornets....garbage
    Kings.....garbage
    Sonics....garbage
    Clippers....garbage
    Bobcats.....garbage
    Suns........by 2 at home
    Hornets......garbage
    Nuggets.....the fake nuggets ....by 4
    Sonics.......garbage
    Pacers......at home ...do it again next friday
    Spurs.......tired

Ed. I don't think it's fair to say the Spurs were tired when they had a night off and the Mavs were on night two of a back-to-back. As an astute fan, surely you'll acknowledge that back-to-backs, home/road are tough on any NBA team?

That game got real boring by the end of the first half. The Spurs are boring. I can appreciate great post play by Duncan, but the role players are snoozy like a mo fucka. Harris has Tony Parkers card.

As an astute fan,

cute

surely you'll acknowledge that back-to-backs, home/road are tough on any NBA team?

More tough on a team full of old,beat up dudes ......not to mention the drive from Dallas to San Antonio aint that far

• That game got real boring by the end of the first half. The Spurs are boring. I can appreciate great post play by Duncan, but the role players are snoozy like a mo fucka. Harris has Tony Parkers card.

Well, if you're gonna watch a regular season game, the best you can truly hope for is a good fourth quarter and they delivered that in spades last night.

DOGS, did you see VInce last night? Two absolutely FILTHY throwdowns. And I hear he's about to get dealt to the Clippers. He's starting to get "that look" about him as a player......

• As an astute fan,

cute

surely you'll acknowledge that back-to-backs, home/road are tough on any NBA team?

More tough on a team full of old,beat up dudes ......not to mention the drive from Dallas to San Antonio aint that far

So the Spurs are old and beat up. I'm in agreeance. Do you see that old team beatin the Mavs in the playoffs?

Credit is tough to pry from your hands I see. How about this factor...Spurs needed that win waaaaay more or face a 3 game losing streak yet they still could not get it done in their house. What other NBA teams could've won that game last night and it would merit mention? You're being kinda hater-ish at this point surely you'll agree.

That game got real boring by the end of the first half. The Spurs are boring. I can appreciate great post play by Duncan, but the role players are snoozy like a mo fucka. Harris has Tony Parkers card.

Well, if you're gonna watch a regular season game, the best you can truly hope for is a good fourth quarter and they delivered that in spades last night.

DOGS, did you see VInce last night? Two absolutely FILTHY throwdowns. And I hear he's about to get dealt to the Clippers. He's starting to get "that look" about him as a player......

I turned it off at the half.

Vince to the Clippers - rumour. The Nets are looking for some solutions.

Corey Maggette may be the name most mentioned in all rumours.

Do you see that old team beatin the Mavs in the playoffs?

Its Early January

You're being kinda hater-ish at this point surely you'll agree.

The Mavs are the favorite to win it all this year.......why be excited about a win in January

• Do you see that old team beatin the Mavs in the playoffs?

Its Early January

You're being kinda hater-ish at this point surely you'll agree.

The Mavs are the favorite to win it all this year.......why be excited about a win in January

That's fine but if that's the case what is the point of this thread then? I thought it was to discuss regular season baketball. If it's not that what is it man? To only discuss even more meaningless games? At teh very least, last night's game will ipact Western Conference Playoff seeding.

• dude on espn today said "what Mos Def was to Urban Thermo Dynamics, Gilbert Arenas is to the Wizards". LOL!!!!!

I saw/heard that too, had me crackin' up. Nice one!

Arenas is destroying shit this year.

Arenas is destroying shit this year.

MVP....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    wow, yall really got heated up in here. I miss those days when peeps would come in just to say "FUCK THE LAKERS! KOBE IS A FAG". LOL

The Zen Master + Assist master Mamba = Ring in 07

I BET YOU HUNDED DOLLA! HOLLA.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    wow, yall really got heated up in here. I miss those days when peeps would come in just to say "FUCK THE LAKERS! KOBE IS A FAG". LOL

The Zen Master + Assist master Mamba = Ring in 07

I BET YOU HUNDED DOLLA! HOLLA.

I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON A HUNDRED DOLLAR BET.

I bet you $100 USD that the Suns are gonna beat the Lakers in the Pacific division, Yuichi!!!!

I want to know besides Gene and myself, where do you come in contact with all these mysterious Mavs fans that annoy you??? Seriously???

Uhhhhhh .....Not everyone i know posts on soulstrut ....Sorry ,i still have contact with the real world

And all the Mavs fans you know are ass hurt assholes.....

Maybe you need to stop hanging out with assholes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

He never said he hung out with them and, while limiting one's contact with assholes is always desirable, it is often not practical. And there really doesn't seem to be any other type of Mavs fan, anyway.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    while limiting one's contact with assholes is always desirable, it is often not practical. And there really doesn't seem to be any other type of Mavs fan, anyway.

He never said he hung out with them and, while limiting one's contact with assholes is always desirable, it is often not practical. And there really doesn't seem to be any other type of Mavs fan, anyway.

Typical Faux_rillz stereotyping.

You sound very white.

• Mavs @ Lakers tomorrow. Is that Ed's squad? Yuichi could have some fodder for a while if it goes bad. Let's keep Kobe under 50 and get #14.

Mavs @ Lakers tomorrow. Is that Ed's squad? Yuichi could have some fodder for a while if it goes bad. Let's keep Kobe under 50 and get #14.

Dude....don't you get it......it doesn't matter if they go 82-0.....the only team in the NBA worth a damn is the team that wins it all.....the rest is garbage.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Mavs @ Lakers tomorrow. Is that Ed's squad? Yuichi could have some fodder for a while if it goes bad. Let's keep Kobe under 50 and get #14.

This is going to be a good game.

• Mavs @ Lakers tomorrow. Is that Ed's squad? Yuichi could have some fodder for a while if it goes bad. Let's keep Kobe under 50 and get #14.

This is going to be a good game.

FYI it's on NBA TV.