NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    A couple years ago J. Kidd did beat his wife. They have it on 911. If I remember correctly it went down something like this:

Kidd and his wife got into an argument. She felt threatened and locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. He broke down the door and punched her in the gut, while she was still on the phone I think.

The current story is that his wife thinks he's cheating. Used their son to get into the locker room so she could go through his cell phone to see who he was calling while he wasn't there. Then left the kid in the locker room to go courtside and yell obscenities and insults at him during the game! Kidd's lawyer claims the kid was left by himself in the lockerroom as an accusation of child abuse against the wife.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Kidd and his wife got into an argument. She felt threatened and locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. He broke down the door and punched her in the gut, while she was still on the phone I think.

As reported at the time, Kidd ate a fry off of T.J.'s plate. Joumana told him not to take food from T.J.'s plate. Kidd spit the half-chewed fry at her. He then hit her in the side of the head with a cup of Yoplait.

This sounds crazy, but I am not making it up.

• Kidd and his wife got into an argument. She felt threatened and locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. He broke down the door and punched her in the gut, while she was still on the phone I think.

As reported at the time, Kidd ate a fry off of T.J.'s plate. Joumana told him not to take food from T.J.'s plate. Kidd spit the half-chewed fry at her. He then hit her in the side of the head with a cup of Yoplait.

The very definition of NBA relevance.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

I remember this story as well, the frys were from Mcdonalds by the way.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

The very definition of NBA relevance.

Have to admit.....that sounds more Hip-Hop than Doug Christie!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What did big head ever do to get his Micky D's fries taken from him:

Jason Kidd has never been known for making good decisions outside of basketball. While he was at Cal here in Berkeley he got into a late night car accident on I-80 and decided to flee the crime scene without telling anyone. Of course, he also left his car jacked up on the freeway in the process! I guess it didn't go through his head that people could look at the registration and find out that it was his.

My man T.J. has a pretty smooth 'stache.

Is that young Deuce in the pic with him?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Who's desperate enough to sign C-Webb??

That's AI's son I think.

That's AI's son I think.

AI II = 'Deuce'

You know what the rumor is, right?

He would bring relevance to your team.

• Who's desperate enough to sign C-Webb??

You know what the rumor is, right?

He would bring relevance to your team.

Wow, you can all stop surfing the internet now. The most ridiculous thing ever has finally been typed. Someone make sure to turn out the lights when you're done. Thanks.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Pagin Drewn!!!!

I'd like to see Webber in Houston.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Pagin Drewn!!!!

I'd like to see Webber in Houston.

From today's Detroit News:

Webber, 33, who was bought out of the remaining two years of his contract ($43 million) by the 76ers on Wednesday, is essentially a free agent and can sign with any team. He would only be paid a prorated portion of the NBA minimum for players with 10 years of service or more ($1.87 million).

Though he didn't want to comment, Pistons president Joe Dumars confirmed the Pistons do have interest in Webber. Webber is considering several teams, including the Pistons, Mavericks, Nets, Lakers and Knicks.

I think Detroit would welcome Webber back home with open arms as a Piston.

• Can someone give me a scouting report on what C-Webb's game is these days? Haven't seen him play in a minute.

Maybe he could take Croshere's spot as Dirk's backup...I'm really clueless as to what he brings to the table right now.

Can someone give me a scouting report on what C-Webb's game is these days? Haven't seen him play in a minute.

Maybe he could take Croshere's spot as Dirk's backup...I'm really clueless as to what he brings to the table right now.

Webber is a jump-shooting and passing big man. He doesn't bang down low on offense very much, but he can still rebound pretty well. He can give you ~15-20 points / 10 rebounds and 3 assists a game. Good numbers in the right situation, which may be to come off the bench somewhere at this point in his career.

Can someone give me a scouting report on what C-Webb's game is these days? Haven't seen him play in a minute.

Webber is a jump-shooting and passing big man. He doesn't bang down low on offense very much, but he can still rebound pretty well. He can give you ~15-20 points / 10 rebounds and 3 assists a game. Good numbers in the right situation, which may be to come off the bench somewhere at this point in his career.

Webber is better than Croshere. And I think he envisions himself as a starter.

• Well, I dunno if he can crack the starting 5 in either Detroit or Dallas, maybe those other squads.

I'm fully willing to say Webber is better than Croshere, like I said, it's been so long since I've even seen him play. Has he played at all this year?

Well, I dunno if he can crack the starting 5 in either Detroit or Dallas, maybe those other squads.

He'd get a lot of burn in Detroit, actually. Rasheed has accepted coming off of the bench for the past couple of games, allowing the big young fella Jason Maxiell to start in his place. Webber could occupy that spot or switch the rotation to put him at center in place of Nazr, who has yet to break out as a Piston. The more I think about it, Webber would be a great look in red, white, and blue collar blue.

I'm fully willing to say Webber is better than Croshere, like I said, it's been so long since I've even seen him play. Has he played at all this year?

2006-2007 stats for Chris Webber

exactly, so why would ANYONE want him at this point?

Point-Power Forward. One of the best passing big men from the post.

• I'm fully willing to say Webber is better than Croshere, like I said, it's been so long since I've even seen him play. Has he played at all this year?

Point-Power Forward. One of the best passing big men from the post.

+ he's practically available for free...

gawd i hope Isaih stays away though.

• In unrelated news, 5' 5" point guard Early Boykins, Denver's "6th man", was released today and picked up by the Milwaukee Bucks. This was proposed a while back, but they moved ahead quicker than planned due to the injury of Michael Redd. B-B-B-Bye Boykins! Kinda sucks for Denver that they couldn't hold out on the release, as he's been consistently scoring 25 points a game since melo and smith were suspended. Smith is back now, thoguh, and Iverson plays 40 minutes a game anyway, so we don't really have such a need for him off the bench, but it would've been nice to let his scoring streak run until Melo got back in it. Oh well, he'll do a good job for the Bucks.

Point-Power Forward.

You're thinking of the OLD Webber. The current Webber doesn't really run.

Webber can still contribute, but he's a role player now. He doesn't play defense. He hardly posts up. His knees are shot, and yet he still puts up great numbers. I would be warry though becuase he has a track record beginning with the Warriors, going through the Kings and up to the Sixers where he takes no responsibility for problems and will always blame everyone else and basicaly won't change his game. I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

Well I can tell you, he's been WAY off my private mind radar for some time now. His Sactown days were his prime years.

I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

Did you miss the part about the Sixers buying him out? The contract's no longer a factor.

I think he's also due $22 million this season or next so you're taking on a HUGE contract.

Did you miss the part about the Sixers buying him out? The contract's no longer a factor.

I didn't follow the details. I thought they'd just bought out this season, and the next team would have to pick up the remainder of his contract. Guess I'm wrong.