NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• Maaaaan, you know I'm a Mavi-hattoire for life!

Mavs = highly irrelevant

Mavs fans = walking definition of ass-hurt

The idiocy of your first point renders moot your possibly salient second one.

Have you looked at the NBA Standings lately kind sir?

This very morning, but I have a very nuanced approach to basketball and am not easily distracted by such mundanities as wins/losses totals.

"It's not whether you win or lose....but how you play the game "

web page

web page

web page

IRRELEVENT??????

Props from Mark Stein & Steve Kerr = certification of irrelevance

Props from Yuichi and Faux_Rillz = an accomplishment only slightly less gratifying than hoisting the O'Brien.

• You guys should let go a little bit and let yourself enjoy the highs and lows of "die-hard fanship."

I know, I know...it doesn't jibe with the high-brow mentality of your average Soul Strut poster. Be glad I'm here to kick around then.

GP the Deej of NBA posts?

I don't know enough about the reference to know to be offended or not.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Read Yuichi's sentence closely: it is not at all clear that the "title" he is referring to is the one determined by a series of games in early summer; rather, it appears that he is referring to the "title" of "Best Basketball Team in North America," which is something I can only assume is awarded by Yuichi himself.

Your irrational attachment to the Mavs and to the twin phenomena of "wins" and "losses" is no match for the force of Basketball Science.

INSTANT CLASSIC.

I don't know why this shit is still crackin' me up...."Twin Phenomena"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Maaaaan, you know I'm a Mavi-hattoire for life!

Mavs = highly irrelevant

This very morning, but I have a very nuanced approach to basketball and am not easily distracted by such mundanities as wins/losses totals.

web page

web page

web page

IRRELEVENT??????

Surely the deej of NBA posts would be a little more florid--a little more purple--in his choice of words?

"Dirk ran the floor with grit and authority, his blonde viking's mane streaming behind him like that of a golden palomino... I give his performance an 8.5."

Mavs = highly irrelevant

web page

web page

web page

IRRELEVENT??????

Surely the deej of NBA posts would be a little more florid--a little more purple--in his choice of words?

"Dirk ran the floor with grit and authority, his blonde viking's mane streaming behind him like that of a golden palomino... I give his performance an 8.5."

• I like to keep my art and sports separate.

Folks, please make sure to tip your waitresses and bartenders.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I bet you guys a hundred dollas, the Lakers are gonna eliminate the Mavs in the West Finals, and go on to win the title, which is Best basketball team in North America.

Bet

Mavs = highly irrelevant

Dude, you may know less about Basketball than you do Rap Music, and that's saying something!!!

• damn is kobe really that much better this year? i've been sleeping on tnt/espn coverage this year and haven't seen much of him, but i can't imagine what he could be doing to improve soo much this late in his career.

did anyone catch the sixers beating the nuggets in denver earlier this week? AI kinda looked like a chump and got tossed for two techs late in the game. the backup center on the sixers (cant think of his name right now) had the blooper of the year. dude took a fould shot and the ball went 4 inches in the air. the refs didnt know what to do. it obviously slipped out of his hand. they ended up counting it as a ft attempt.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    damn is kobe really that much better this year? i've been sleeping on tnt/espn coverage this year and haven't seen much of him, but i can't imagine what he could be doing to improve soo much this late in his career.

He looks for his teamates whom he never had much faith in previous years. 27 fga down to 20.
    Addition by subtraction.

• did anyone catch the sixers beating the nuggets in denver earlier this week? AI kinda looked like a chump and got tossed for two techs late in the game.

"AI" and "chump" don't belong in the same sentence together, especially not from a guy who's screen name is keith van horn.

I think the whold team was on a shitty one that day. They cancelled practice the day before because of the death of Darrent Williams (RIP) who was shot leaving KMart's birthday bash/NYE party. Nobody looked like they were into the game too much. Camby had some monster blocks though, he was killin' it. AI was getting jerked by the ref (don't remember his name, same dude he's had beef with foreever) and he got the 2 t's cuz he bitched about all the no calls. I think Iverson's a little frustrated, losing 3 in a row, playing with a bunch of dudes that did nothing but warm the bench last season. When we get our team back together, he'll be in a better mood. It's like he left a shitty sixers team only to play 15 games with a shitty nuggets team. Can't say I blame him for being a little perturbed.

• Kobe is doing a phenomenal job at MAKING HIS TEAMATES better. I'm a certified/de-coder ring havin' Kobe Hatter and after watching Last nights game, I'm crazy impressed. Money played the background for most of the first half. No one around him is All-Star caliber and their sense of chemistry was crazy.

[...]Fuck dunks and threes all the damn time. I want to see some artistry.

No doubt, me too. It's about time. I've always thought he'd be one of the best basketball players to ever step on the court in the NBA if he could learn how to get his team on his level instead of just trying to be a one man army. He's proven everything else thus far. Rings. Scoring. Athleticism and agility, raw skill, he's got all that shit. He just needs more of that true leader mentality on the court and he's there. He still ain't no fuckin' Jordan though

That said, I'm a little worried about our game in LA tonight.... but I still got the Nuggets' back.

He still ain't no fuckin' Jordan though

That punchline is so 5 years ago. Get with the program! HE'S da CURRENT # OnE PlAYA on EARF aND BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER. Learn to deal wit it.

That punchline is so 5 years ago. Get with the program! HE'S da CURRENT # OnE PlAYA on EARF aND BEST GREATEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER. Learn to deal wit it.

Werent you all about Wade this summer?

That punchline is so 5 years ago. Get with the program! HE'S da CURRENT # OnE PlAYA on EARF aND BEST GREATEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER. Learn to deal wit it.

Werent you all about Wade this summer?

That was before the season started. World Player Rankings are published weekly, every tuesday! Get wit da program!

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER

• "AI" and "chump" don't belong in the same sentence together, especially not from a guy who's screen name is keith van horn.

I think the whold team was on a shitty one that day. They cancelled practice the day before because of the death of Darrent Williams (RIP) who was shot leaving KMart's birthday bash/NYE party. Nobody looked like they were into the game too much. Camby had some monster blocks though, he was killin' it. AI was getting jerked by the ref (don't remember his name, same dude he's had beef with foreever) and he got the 2 t's cuz he bitched about all the no calls. I think Iverson's a little frustrated, losing 3 in a row, playing with a bunch of dudes that did nothing but warm the bench last season. When we get our team back together, he'll be in a better mood. It's like he left a shitty sixers team only to play 15 games with a shitty nuggets team. Can't say I blame him for being a little perturbed.

yea, dont get me wrong, AI still dropped 30 and had 9 assists, he just didnt have shit together and although he got hosed on some calls, the drama was a little excessive. he looked like a little kid at the end, basically bitching after every non-call and then getting stripped by f*cking Kyle Korver. c'mon dawg.

i like denver though and can't stand the sixers now that AI is gone, although andre miller is a . today's philly daily news has an article praising Joe Smith. i don't see it. dude is garbage and the whole trade is a disaster unless those picks turn out to be solid.

Dag, you edited your post? It was much hotter when it read "BEST GREATEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER"!

• He still ain't no fuckin' Jordan though

That punchline is so 5 years ago. Get with the program! HE'S da CURRENT # OnE PlAYA on EARF aND BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER. Learn to deal wit it.

Haha and 5 years later, ain't nothin' changed

Dag, you edited your post? It was much hotter when it read "BEST GREATEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON EVER"!

yea, I kinda sounded like Mylatency.

Get wit da program!

RBK ANSWERS in Powder/North Carolina Blue are cool.

Wade Converse are butt. Melo's are too bulky lookin.

Lebron's in all Black are heat.

Joe Smith

Da-ng I haven't heard that name in a while. From a generation of players that are now fading into obscurity. See: Eddie Jones (used to be one of my favorite players)

Where's that dude, Tyrone Hill?! Rebound machine.

• Get wit da program!

All fancy and shit.

Batmon, no more bigass JPGs that make no sense!

We were focused for a second....IT'S NOT THE SHOES! Go make a shoe thread you dudes!

• Batmon, no more bigass JPGs that make no sense!

We were focused for a second....IT'S NOT THE SHOES! Go make a shoe thread you dudes!

Haha

Shoes are part of the game come on!

13th in a row goes down at San Antone.....Dirk goes for 36.....hatters step back.

• 13th in a row goes down at San Antone.....Dirk goes for 36.....hatters step back.

gotdammit

3rd loss in a row for spurs

but I look at like I'm glad we're hitting trouble spots now instead of later in the season

boo dallas

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    but I look at like I'm glad we're hitting trouble spots now instead of later in the season

Yeah, the Spurs do tend to slowly pick up momentum so that by the time the playoffs roll around, they're hitting their stride isntead of slowing down. But still, the rebounding--not to mention the offense in the second half--was

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now.

And it means absolutely nothing

Best roster, best coach.

LOL !!!!!!!!

Two 12 game win streaks not enough proving ground for you?

Hell No...are you serious ?

Seriously dude.....its been the same shit with the Mavs since the 80's...A nice regular season team ...The fans get all coochie wet ....but when the games mean something y'all go home in tears ...

If i know nothing else... i know a banner will NEVER hang in Dallas ...NEVER...EVER...EVER ....and you know it too....

whether its Kobe,Dwayne or A.I sending you home ....you are the Dallas Cubs

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn Ed, why do you hate the Mavs so much???

PHX over MIA tonite, easy win with Wade and Shaq out.

After tonight's games, I'm already looking forward to a PHX v MAVs Western Conference showdown! Last Spring's Western playoff's was off the proverbial chain.