NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lakers are like 5 in the L.

The Lakers are currently 9th in the league.

According to Drewn, even the facts become skewed. 6th best record. Ofcourse that don't mean shit. It's just that the East is making their record look stellar.

It doesnt means shit, but the fact that they are this high in the rankings is surprising IMO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lakers are like 5 in the L.

The Lakers are currently 9th in the league.

According to Drewn, even the facts become skewed. 6th best record. Ofcourse that don't mean shit. It's just that the East is making their record look stellar.

It doesnt means shit, but the fact that they are this high in the rankings is surprising IMO.

Well, they've done well at home, and the younguns are starting to maximize their potential early on. But the true sign of an elite club is a good road record as well, just look at SA or Dallas.

• the lakers this year are a real testament to phil jackson's coaching. he's doing an incredible job with what he's got to work with - not that they have a weak roster or anything, but there are several teams out there who are doing much less with much more.

re: road records - this is an interesting situation with the knicks. the goal for any playoff team is to win 50% of your road games, assuming that the home games will take care of themselves. the knicks can do this, yet can't get above .500 overall. i can't say i recall any other team that was among the better road teams in the league but still considered to be at the bottom of the league.

the lakers this year are a real testament to phil jackson's coaching. he's doing an incredible job with what he's got to work with - not that they have a weak roster or anything, but there are several teams out there who are doing much less with much more.

the lakers this year are a real testament to phil jackson's coaching. he's doing an incredible job with what he's got to work with - not that they have a weak roster or anything, but there are several teams out there who are doing much less with much more.

Hey, like I say time and time again, the 3 wins against the Suns was not a fluke. The coach dissected the opponent's weaknesses, almost flawlessly, and the players had enough motivation to carry out his plan. This year is the same, although still inconsistent at times. When they're focused, they could make some noise.

• the lakers this year are a real testament to phil jackson's coaching. he's doing an incredible job with what he's got to work with - not that they have a weak roster or anything, but there are several teams out there who are doing much less with much more.

Hey, like I say time and time again, the 3 wins against the Suns was not a fluke. The coach dissected the opponent's weaknesses, almost flawlessly, and the players had enough motivation to carry out his plan. This year is the same, although still inconsistent at times. When they're focused, they could make some noise.

i think they really miss lamar odom. some of the games they've lost recently they probably would have won if he wasn't out.

i think they really miss lamar odom. some of the games they've lost recently they probably would have won if he wasn't out.

Without a doubt. On the flip, with Lamar out, the youguns are getting more touches, and gaining more confident. Experience is so fuckin' important. Let the players run around and feel the game out. You wanna teach a player about defense? Let him figure it out himself that "hey, it's not fun with my guy draining 3's in my face, maybe i'll step out and harrass him on the perimeter, and make him work towards the middle" or "hey, the guy just ripped me, maybe i'll chase him down with a fury".

One unique thing that seperates Phil from the rest of the coaches is that, often times when the Lakers are in trouble, he doesn't call a time out and bail 'em out. He lets them grind it out and figure it out themselves, which works in many cases.

Jackson is such a winner in life man. I read his book too. So much great insight and inspiration (and not just for the basketball fan either).

Jackson is such a winner in life man. I read his book too. So much great insight and inspiration (and not just for the basketball fan either).

Call me when he trys to rebuild a team. He's a graet coach but I want to see him apply that yoga shit to the Golden State Warriors or New York. Larry Brown & Don Nelson arent afraid to take on a franchise that's been out of the playoffs.

Call me when he trys to rebuild a team. He's a graet coach but I want to see him apply that yoga shit to the Golden State Warriors or New York. Larry Brown & Don Nelson arent afraid to take on a franchise that's been out of the playoffs.

Isn't he kinda developing/rebuilding one right now? 9 rings under his belt, I don't think any player would be dumb enough not to listen.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Isn't he kinda developing/rebuilding one right now? 9 rings under his belt, I don't think any player would be dumb enough not to listen.

Yeah, I agree with Yuichi here, he IS rebuilding the Lakers right now. They missed the playoffs, then he comes back and brings that team philosophy and they get back into the playoffs. This year they're even better with very few new additions. I think that's pretty impressive rebuilding job. Of course, they already had a superstar in Kobe so that obviously helped. He didn't start from scratch, but it's still a rebuilding job IMHO.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Lakers are fine.

Kobe is playing defense out of position.. thats all

Detroit is a mess.

Chauncey made Rip lose his damn mind in the Knick game....and Flip is no longer the coach

I'm not sure George can handle what he has in Denver......See Seattle

Denver is the best team in the west if Carmelo allows A.I to be the #1 option

Denver is the best team in the west if Carmelo allows A.I to be the #1 option

Although I'm still doubtful, them and the Lakers are the wild cards in the West.

Yeah, I agree with Yuichi here, he IS rebuilding the Lakers right now. They missed the playoffs, then he comes back and brings that team philosophy and they get back into the playoffs. This year they're even better with very few new additions. I think that's pretty impressive rebuilding job. Of course, they already had a superstar in Kobe so that obviously helped. He didn't start from scratch, but it's still a rebuilding job IMHO.

In recent memory, the only coaches to truly rebuild a mediocre team were Phil Jackson, Hubie Brown, and maybe Nate McMillan (with the Sonics that one season).

• you could probably include mike dunleavy in that class as well, although the clippers' play so far this season has me wondering whether sam cassell was more responsible for their play last season.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Mav's had the worst record of any sports franchise during the 90's.

Don Nelson basically built the team that has the best record in the NBA today.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My Bulls had a 24-0 run tonight. The guard changes.

You could also add Larry Brown to that list of coaches who were able to turn around franchises.

What is wrong w/ the Clippers?

Elgin Baylor

• Denver is might be the 4th[/b] best team in the west if Carmelo allows A.I to be the #1 option

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

What is wrong w/ the Clippers?

Elgin Baylor

just watching clip/knicks...

clips have no team focus like last year when they had a chip on their shoulder and something to prove...with the lack of cassell to whip them into order they are just floating around like a LA second tier team they used to be: playing...but with no passion or purpose

knicks are getting mad and argueing amogst themselves on court

isaah just called a timeout

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I think the west coast road trip they're on for the next several games will be a good test.

PHX
    LAC
    SAC
    POR
    SEA

Let's see what happens.

As a former knick die hard fan i am sorry to say this is not looking good
    they are playing awfully as a team in the second half here

when the clippers look more energzed than you you got a problem

clips have no team focus like last year when they had Radmonovich,Cassell,Kaman,Livingston and Dunleavy playing for contract extensions [/b]

• As a former knick die hard fan

either are or were not

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Mavs are going for their 12th straight tonight......which will be their second 12 game winning streak this year!!

After starting 0-4 they have gone 25-3.

Is anyone here ready to deny the Mavs are not the best team in the NBA right now??

The Mavs are going for their 12th straight tonight......which will be their second 12 game winning streak this year!!

Is anyone here ready to deny the Mavs are not the best team in the NBA right now??

They are the "BEST" right now. Damp is finally living up to his potential and they finally play DEFENSE.

Ps...We'll see if Dirk & them truly learned their lesson come Playoff time.

Yo Rock, Did you read the new SLAM interview w/ Terry Cummings?

• The Mavs are going for their 12th straight tonight......which will be their second 12 game winning streak this year!!

Still 54 games to go... but yes they are doing great right now. Like BATMON said, we'll see how they do in the playoffs. I can't wait till Denver gets a shot at them with a full roster. And to be fair, I'll be happy to play them with a healthy Dirk, as he did not play the NYE game here in Denver. That's gonna be a great game. February 24th in Dallas. AI, Melo, and Smith will all be there. See. You. There. (not literally)

Still 54 games to go... but yes they are doing great right now. Like BATMON said, we'll see how they do in the playoffs. I can't wait till Denver gets a shot at them with a full roster. And to be fair, I'll be happy to play them with a healthy Dirk, as he did not play the NYE game here in Denver. That's gonna be a great game. February 24th in Dallas. AI, Melo, and Smith will all be there. See. You. There. (not literally)

Istill think when Denver's roster is back its gonna take a good 10 games for them to gel and then be consistant. I'm predicting late March for them to Really look crazy. I cant see some 10 game win streak off the back one Melo gets back.
    Spurs/Mavs/Suns are so well oiled and all have been to the playoffs together so their level of cohesion is way ahead of the Nuggets/Lakers/Jazz.

Whatever - anythang can happen. I want to see Kenyon Martin in that mix.

Denver is might be the 4th[/b] best team in the west if Carmelo allows A.I to be the #1 option

Spurs....Old

Suns....cute & fun to watch ....not a playoff/championship team

Dallas ....no way in hell they can handle Denver at FULL strength

Utah ......puhleeze

Lakers ...not ready

[
    Suns....cute & fun to watch ....not a playoff/championship team

Dallas ....no way in hell they can handle Denver at FULL strength

That must be a typo, the Suns NOT a playoff team? I'm not sure they could win a championship but a good bet could be made that they'll return to the Western Conference finals again.

As for Dallas vs Denver, please, Dallas still has more offensive options than Denver.