NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    a good bet could be made that they'll return to the Western Conference finals again.

I'm ready to make this bet. A "raer" or an avatar bet? :-)
    GO SUNS

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Suns....cute & fun to watch ....not a playoff/championship team

Dallas ....no way in hell they can handle Denver at FULL strength

That must be a typo,

yes it was...of course they'll make the playoffs....but they won't make it to the Finals

As for Dallas vs Denver, please, Dallas still has more offensive options than Denver.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    OT IN SACTOWN.

good game if you can put up with barkley for 48+

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    if you can't take barkley anymore taxi driver's on AMC!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OT IN SACTOWN.

good game if you can put up with barkley for 48+

The Lakers yet again blow a big lead, and make it interesting at the end here....

lucky they even got into OT.

Dick Bavetta is a clown

KOBE BRYANT. GAME OVER. GET OFF ME. DON'T MESS WITH THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYA EVA.

Dick Bavetta is a clown

He made some horrific calls down the stretch. Too old.

This game is fuckin' nuts yo....."The Kings actually DO have a 20 second timeout" BS!!

Corliss Williamson, your time is over. aND kOBE IS more Gangsta than you. peace.

Dick Bavetta is a clown

He made some horrific calls down the stretch. Too old.

"Too old" has always been his act...Dick & Joey run the league for David .

hehe. you may be right.

• LOL @ you yet again EdPowers.

Denver is not fuckin w/ Spurs, Suns or Mavs come playoff time. The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now. Best roster, best coach. Two 12 game win streaks not enough proving ground for you? It's pretty ludicrous to foist that kind of praise on a team that hasn't even taken the court together yet and won't for another week. This is the same kidn of fractured thinkking that leads one to say the Dolphins will win their division and make a Super Bowl.

I see another losing proposition in your future homeslice. That is, if Denver even makes it far enough in the playoffs to match up w/ the Mavs.

I'm hyped. Going to S.A. tonight to watch my Mavs make it 13 straight.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now. Best roster, best coach.

Best Coach?

Can we all get off of this "best" stuff. Avery Johnson is a good coach but ......I dont even have to lay down any facts.

• The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now. Best roster, best coach.

Best Coach?

Can we all get off of this "best" stuff. Avery Johnson is a good coach but ......I dont even have to lay down any facts.

Naw, fuck that. Who's better right now? Took his team to the Finals first year. Fastest coach EVAR to 100 Ws. You prefer Isaiah maybe? I stand by my claim.

The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now. Best roster, best coach.

Best Coach?

Naw, fuck that. Who's better right now? Took his team to the Finals first year. Fastest coach EVAR to 100 Ws. You prefer Isaiah maybe? I stand by my claim.

Show me a ring, son.

• Can we all get off of this "best" stuff. Avery Johnson is a good coach but ......I dont even have to lay down any facts.

Thank you.

And all this talk of Denver, all I can say is, we'll see. If you don't think they will be a threat, you're retarded. If you think it may take a while for them to gel, I totally agree. As I mentioned earlier, nobody is expecting the Nuggets to win a championship this year. Hell, staying above .500 is a task right now. Onnce this team gets back together, things will begin to happen. To write them off like they can't handle any of the big teams in the west is to ignore the potential of their roster. You will learn.

I've watched every game since the brawl (i've only missed 3 or 4 games total this season) and I can't help but notice how much space AI creates for these guys to take shots. When you put Melo or Smith in place of Diawara or Kleiza or Dermarr Johnson, you're gonna see major points being scored. Major.

We will give any of those teams a run for their money game for game with our full line up (not even counting Kmart or Nene), but the playoffs cannot be predicted at this point. Keep in mind we have a veteran superstar with playoff experience now, so things may look a lot different for us in the playoffs this year.

I too would love to see Kenyon back in the mix, we'll see what happens. Has anybody ever come back from multiple microfracture knee surgeries? Nene is about to be in the same boat. Play a year, sit a year, start the next year and end up sitting for probably 20-30 games, if not more. Then maybe he'll need another surgery and be out another year. Fuck.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Best Coach?

Avery was essentially handed the keys to an expensive car that was still in excellent condition, all he had to do was continue in Nelly's footsteps. He has never had the task of turning a team around. I think doing that successfully is the mark of a "best" coach.

• The Mavs are CLEARLY the best team in the league right now. Best roster, best coach.

Best Coach?

Show me a ring, son.

Please. He's a hundred games in. But, chief, we'll do that in June and I'll holler at you then.

And Drewn, I don't go for that expensive car stuff either. In y'alls minds, the Mavs were a fun little second round playoff team, even when Avery first took over...cos that's what they were. He changed the culture.

I'm still waiting for someone to offer a better coach. Phillip? Maybe so. Not that dood w/ the bum hip and shit though.

Best Coach?

Avery was essentially handed the keys to an expensive car that was still in excellent condition, all he had to do was continue in Nelly's footsteps. He has never had the task of turning a team around. I think doing that successfully is the mark of a "best" coach.

To Avery's defense, he has made them embrace defense which is why they are next level. But that aint no reason to call him "BEST"

• Alright fellers...I'll get back in my regular season hole. There's really not much I can say until the Mavs win two more games than last year. You have to admit though, the Mavs are puttin it down in the regular season right now, which is essential for good seeding come May. I didn't expect the success to roll right on like this, what with the new veteran pieces and the 0-4 start and all. 25 of 28 and counting. Thank you also Lakers for Devean George, that dood is a nice role player for sure. In my biased opinion, Avery is the best coach "right now", past successes excerpted. He keeps that team continually improving.

• And Batmon, I know why your lil' booty is chapped this morning...sorry we had to take y'all out last night but really, it was expected. I got some salve for ya if you need it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

This may be the biggest crock of shit I've ever read on SS.

Avery inherited a team that didn't know what Defense was, what it looked like, or even how to spell it.

They may be the best defensive team in the league just one year later.

I'm not gonna say he's the best coach in the game, but other than Pop and Philly J, who the hell would you take over him??

And let's not forget that at least one well known SS hoops genius picked the Mavs(and their expensive car image) to finish 8TH IN THE WEST[/b] LAST SEASON.

And Batmon, I know why your lil' booty is chapped this morning...sorry we had to take y'all out last night but really, it was expected. I got some salve for ya if you need it.

No doubt I was pissed last night. Cause on paper y'all are better. But when I was checkin the score,and the Pacers were ahead until the fourth quarter. In my mind I can accept ya'll playing catchup and not blowing us out of the water like you do the rest of the East. 2 of my dogs had 20-10 games. Ill live with that. But yeah need some salve. U got Aloe flavor

U better hope that come from behind win wont tire you out against the rested Suns tonight.

Pop and Philly J,

Riley.

And Batmon, I know why your lil' booty is chapped this morning...sorry we had to take y'all out last night but really, it was expected. I got some salve for ya if you need it.

No doubt I was pissed last night. Cause on paper y'all are better. But when I was checkin the score,and the Pacers were ahead until the fourth quarter. In my mind I can accept ya'll playing catchup and not blowing us out of the water like you do the rest of the East. 2 of my dogs had 20-10 games. Ill live with that. But yeah need some salve. U got Aloe flavor

U better hope that come from behind win wont tire you out against the rested Suns tonight.

Can someone please sell Jamal Tinsley a jump shot!!

Cook and Bynum could be McHale/Parish.

Can someone please sell Jamal Tinsley a jump shot!!

Hahahaha.

Could Dirk get some lost post moves?

• Pop and Philly J,

Riley.

Career? No doubt. Just talking "coach of the half season" mostly. The Lil' Gen is doing a phenomenal job.