Nowitzki

Garnett
    Billups
    Iverson
    Nash
    Kidd

arguements can be made w/ these dudes.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Top 5s so far this season or still playing the game in general?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Top 5s so far this season or still playing the game in general?

I guess GP would have to set the parameters.

Mind Garden 5 vs. General Consensus 5

Jason Williams.

• Time for some show and prove. Let's see those Top 5s

Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan

In no order:

lebron
    kobe
    AI
    Garnett
    T-Mac

* Nash is great but with a team of nobodys he would be invisible. Put any of these other 5 guys on a team full of bums and they will get wins by themselves.

* Nash is great but with a team of nobodys he would be invisible. Put any of these other 5 guys on a team full of bums and they will get wins by themselves.

Philly would be better if Nash took the Answer's spot.

Would Phoenix be better w/ AI at the point. Or would cats numbers drop watching him hog the ball.

• Top 5s so far this season or still playing the game in general?

I guess GP would have to set the parameters.

Mind Garden 5 vs. General Consensus 5

Jason Williams.

I guess Top 5 right now w/ some consideration of early season activity but nothing overboard, i.e. JR Smith is a Top 15 player or some ish like that.

You kinda have to go through your own process to get there, but one of the chief questions should be is "if I were starting a franchise and got to pick a player I'd take...". Would you really want a 6'1" 2-Guard who is on the wrong side of 30 and inherently fragile (cos he plays balls out) over a 7' who can shoot from all over or possibly the best Power Forward to ever play the game who still goes damn hard?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Time for some show and prove. Let's see those Top 5s

In no order

James
    Bryant
    Wade
    Duncan
    Nowitzki

I really can not argue with that Top 5. Individually superior and perennial MVP candidates. Good ones.

Philly would be better if Nash took the Answer's spot.

Would Phoenix be better w/ AI at the point. Or would cats numbers drop watching him hog the ball.

You see this is kinda like the Chicken or the Egg thing.

If Nash were to go to Philly, he would no doubt be effective but he wouldn't be as effective than this Phoenix team which is full of sprinters (Marion, Barbosa).

Nash's rep has grown tremendously over the past few years in Phoenix. It's all about chemistry and just because a player is successful on one team doesn't mean he'll be just as great on another. Unless you're a dude with specific roles, like Rip Hamilton who's main job is to run off picks and shoot, or Carlos Boozer who cleans the glass.

over a 7' who can shoot from all over or possibly the best Power Forward to ever play the game who still goes damn hard?

Simmer down GP.

Nowitzski is no Karl Malone/Charles Barkley. He showed his ass in the Finals by takin jump shots too often. Great/Good yes, greatest - the jury is still out.
    There's a good 10 cats he'd have to leap frog to even be considered G.O.A.T.

Kevin Mchale's post game was bananas.
    Dennis Rodman - no words.
    Rasheed Wallace - y'all can debate that.

And yes I would pick him over AI if i had to start a franchise.
    I have BIG problems w/ The Answers FGA which has nothing to do w/ his heart.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dennis Rodman - no words.[/b]

The biggest sham about the NBA Top 50 players from a few years back was that Pippen was on the list and Rodman wasn't!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

The biggest sham about the NBA Top 50 players from a few years back was that Pippen was on the list and Rodman wasn't!!!

i on this in every way possible

Most underappreciated player ever in the nba...pistons rings, incredible rookie year (and amazing life story), defensive player of the year awards

and

Undeniable REBOUND RECORDS!!!!!

Good? yes. Among the great power forwards? No.

Karl Malone really defined the meaning of Power Forward.

• over a 7' who can shoot from all over or possibly the best Power Forward to ever play the game who still goes damn hard?

Simmer down GP.

Nowitzski is no Karl Malone/Charles Barkley. He showed his ass in the Finals by takin jump shots too often. Great/Good yes, greatest - the jury is still out.
    There's a good 10 cats he'd have to leap frog to even be considered G.O.A.T.

Kevin Mchale's post game was bananas.
    Dennis Rodman - no words.

And yes I would pick him over AI if i had to start a franchise.

Naw, in the quote you quoted I was referring to Nowitzki first and Tim Duncan second (because KVH had neither listed on his 5 but did have AI). I know my role here on the Strut and I won't start trying to gloss #41 that until he at least brings home some hardware. But really, I know he'll never be considered that because he doesn't play that traditional role. And that's cool.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yuichi, are u gonna peep the Lakers/Utah game?

I wanna see this Utah team. Boozer might get a ring & MVP award before LeBron?

• damn it only took 2 seasons for boozer to get his shit straight in utah. i still think he should have stayed in cleveland but utah is looking real good for him these days. deron williams is the truth! If AK47 can stay healthy and boozer too, utah can do damage w/ a coach like SLoan manning the team. wasnt it yesterday when boozer was trading block material?

btw, im down w/ yuichi's new avatar! stephen a smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AI is distinguishable because of his size. And by distinguishable, i mean there has never been a guy his size who can do what he does EVERY NIGHT. he just kills people and never takes a break. the dude is a warrior. period.

ZEKE BATCH!!!!!!!!

2 Rings and was suppossed to be on DREAM TEAM ONE but MJ wasnt havin it.

The biggest sham about the NBA DREAM TEAM from a few years back was that Pippen was on the list and ZEKE wasn't!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Ditto. People say, "But he can't be stopped!" but you don't really need to stop him; just hang back and let him shoot 10-30 and take his team out of the game.

• AI is distinguishable because of his size. And by distinguishable, i mean there has never been a guy his size who can do what he does EVERY NIGHT. he just kills people and never takes a break. the dude is a warrior. period.

im not discounting that this dude has heart but can we *ahem* 'talk about practice?'

dont get me wrong, but im sure his teammates take a cue from that shit.

• Here's my current top 5:

Iverson
    Lebron
    D. Wade
    Michael Redd (hasn't been mentioned in this thread?)
    Paul Pierce (yeah I said it)

Here's my current top 5:

Iverson
    Lebron
    D. Wade

Redd and Pierce, no.

If the Lakers lose this one, I'm about to cry myself to sleep.

KOBE ON !!!

"M V P M V P" at Staples right now.

Quote from MJ fan #1 "Jordan couldn't stop Kobe one on one."

24 is one greater than 23.

Lakers better not drop this one....

OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!

HE TIES HIS OWN RECORD FOR POINTS IN A QUARTER, 30![/b]

What a fuckin' ball hog. But what a

Steve Kerr: "Phil Jackson is an interesting coach. He doesn't cheer on his players. Not even a handshake. I would be bowing down to him or something."

oh okay, he just gave him a high five at the end there.

• Quote from MJ fan #1 "Jordan couldn't stop Kobe one on one."

oh get the fuck outttttta here! hahaha

i love the stat line, 52pts 1 assist!!!

Actually 3[/b] assists and 1 turnover, in 34 minutes.

• Quote from MJ fan #1 "Jordan couldn't stop Kobe one on one."

yeah i wrote that w/ about 5 minutes left in the 4th and the lakes up by 20. good to see he decided to pass the rock lest he look like a ball hog!

whats up w/ that darkness at the staples center?

• Here's my current top 5:

Iverson
    Lebron
    D. Wade

Redd's nice, people are sleepin'. Denver coulda had him when they picked up Martin. Too bad.

Also, I'm not a basketball scientist so feel free to degrade my opinion, but doesn't 31.5 ppg/5 rpg count for anything right now? Melo should be on somebody's top five if you're talking top five currently playing in this season.

Here's my current top 5:

Iverson
    Lebron
    D. Wade

Redd's nice, people are sleepin'. Denver coulda had him when they picked up Martin. Too bad.

Also, I'm not a basketball scientist so feel free to degrade my opinion, but doesn't 31.5 ppg/5 rpg count for anything right now? Melo should be on somebody's top five if you're talking top five currently playing in this season.

Redd and Melo have come out the gate like gangbusters. But one month into the season is pre-mature to make real Top 5 predictions.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

yeah i wrote that w/ about 5 minutes left in the 4th and the lakes up by 20. good to see he decided to pass the rock lest he look like a ball hog!

Kobe tapped into the darkside of the force. Never better than MJ!

• Redd and Melo have come out the gate like gangbusters. But one month into the season is pre-mature to make real Top 5 predictions.

Right, of course, can't disagree with that, but I thought I read these top 5's were for the current season so far. I may have misread. Maybe they are top 5 predicitons for the season BASED on the season so far? Either way, I just keep hoping that Melo can do something with this team, especially with the new kid as his understudy.

Kobe tapped into the darkside of the force. Never better than MJ!

Don't make me drop science!