Nasty food you can't stand to watch people eat...!

Comments

• maybe the worse i've heard about
    (from a college buddy who was a navy vet)

balut

AAAAAAAAACH! I was about to post that but didn't have the balls to look at pictures.

• pppppppp 261 Posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    chipped beef on toast

and......

dudes need to post pics because that basically sounds like a roast beef sandwhich.

That makes me want to gag just looking at it! Looks like someone threw up and nutted on a slice of wheat bread.

And on this topic I'd say a good 90% of what Aser eats

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    pork rinds
    cow tongue
    natto

• natto

that was the nickname we had for our tour manager in Japan.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    natto

that's mean
    my mom leaves the house when my dad eats that shit

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the only things so far in this thread I can't get down w/ are the grey hotdog, that nasty bologna sammich w/ kraft singles, and balut.

even balut is too hardcore for moi.

• natto

that's mean

my mom leaves the house when my dad eats that shit

Don't shoot the messenger. His homeboys are the ones that told us to call him that.

Basically the dude changed twice on our ten days out there. Even when we where sweating through the subways and up in some smokey clubs till the wee hours that dude wore the same clothes everydamn day (Leather Jacket, green sweater, brown ppants). For some reason though he brought a huge napsack filled with god knows what. He finally changed into some free promo shirts that he got from the other groups he traveled with.

I do have a hilarious photo of dude in some short-ass shorts and some roman gladiator sandles. It was a much deserved "ROFL".

• the only things so far in this thread I can't get down w/ are the grey hotdog, that nasty bologna sammich w/ kraft singles, and balut.

even balut is too hardcore for moi.
    So are you sayin' that you'll fucks with chitlins?!

Chipped beef is disgusting. I remember a comrade brought me a breakfast plate
    and inside the platter guess what was on my biscuits...That's right
    some nasty ass creamed beef.
    I didn't eat that morning.

Other gross food:
    -Northwestern oysters (pig's/bull's balls)
    -Pickled eggs

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

So are you sayin' that you'll fucks with chitlins?!

yup, OFFAL, it's the OFFICIAL!

it's no different than the pork loin if you think about it, it's a part of the animal. It's just the westernized conditioning that makes you think intestines are gross. Before the 20th century when the avg American was poor, they had no choice but to eat chitilins. They had to turn something undesirable into a tasty meal.

That sir is the sign of a talented chef.

• Basically the dude changed twice on our ten days out there. Even when we where sweating through the subways and up in some smokey clubs till the wee hours that dude wore the same clothes everydamn day (Leather Jacket, green sweater, brown ppants). For some reason though he brought a huge napsack filled with god knows what. He finally changed into some free promo shirts that he got from the other groups he traveled with.[/b]

the japanese jinx74?

doggz you are all a bunch of crybabies. you dont know disgusting eating habits until you have asian grandparents. seriously watching my grandma suck cheek meat and eyeballs out the fish head. ive had chicken drumsticks that my grandpa took from my plate and extrapolated the finest filaments of muscle tissue and bone marrow from. dudes, seriously, they even take the body part of a crab and suckle the grey/green soupy brain matter out the crab body. you fools dont EVEN know the pain i been through. old asian folks do not fuck around.

that said, chip beef on toast mayo aint all that bad...

• it's no different than the menudo (just further down the line)

i use to work with some ladies that loved these
    one sez the best is when they are crispy on the outside & soft chewy inside

• How could I forget about Pig's Feet??!!
    Disgusting.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Cow tripe and beans.

INGREDIENTS :

* 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1 can baked
    * 1 chopped onion beans
    * 1 pound tripe
    * 1 sprig thyme
    * 2 stalks scallions
    * .25 teaspoon black pepper
    * 1 ounce margarine,
    * 6 pimento grains
    * 1 tablespoon flour Spinners
    * 5 cup flour water to mix

METHOD:

1. Cut tripe into 1 inch pieces
    2. Add tripe to water with half the season & cook till tender
    3. Make spinner (small dumplings) & add
    4. Add the rest of the seasoning along with the margarine and cook for 10 mins
    5. Mix the tablespoon flour with .25 cup water till smooth
    6. Add & cool for 5 min

YUMMY!!!

• I want to try some Balut. Throw some avacado, chilis, and tomatoes on that beotch and that shit is just screeaming gourmet.

Mannish Water/Goat's Head Soup.

Ingredients
    goat head
    water
    3 green banana
    2 potatoes
    1 yam
    1 chopped carrot
    1 chopped chocho
    12 pimento seed
    5 stalk escallion
    8 sprig of thyme
    1 scotch bonnet pepper
    5 cloves garlic
    1 cup white rum
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Clean goat head very well.
    2. Place meat in a large pot cover with water. Add garlic and bring to a boil.
    3. Simmer for 2 hours and add spices.
    4. Add remaining ingredients except rum and simmer for another hour.
    5. Add rum, spices to additional spices to taste, and simmer for 30 minutes.

I really like this i'm not being sarcastic.
    I detest tripe and beans though.

• +

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Man, y'all muhfuckas are thorough--you've hit just about everything on my list:

Anything still alive
    Pig's feet/snouts
    Scrapple (pretty much the same as the above, only salted heavily and pressed into a block)
    Tripe
    Chitlins

I also gotta give a special shout to rich people cuisine (pate, escargot, etc.). Damn richies eat some fucked-up nasty shit.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    never liked stuff like that during my stay in Japan:

seafood is fine, but not alive please!

Just to be clear, that footage is from Korea and not Japan. I have never seen anyone in Japan eat live small octopus.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "Enjoying the finer things in life" rings a bit hollow knowing you have not enjoyed a good steak.

• chicken skin

• Stinky fast food on the train. It defines nagl.

• Yogurt.

When i was little my mom tried to improvise with plain yogurt, jelly, and the blender because we were out yogurt with fruit. i puked it up, now i gag when i see yogurt, this has been going on for years now.

At my crummy day job people who bring yogurt that eat lunch with me kindly take it back to their desk. Either they are really nice or dont want to see me yack.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yogurt.

When i was little my mom tried to improvise with plain yogurt, jelly, and the blender because we were out yogurt with fruit. i puked it up, now i gag when i see yogurt, this has been going on for years now.

At my crummy day job people who bring yogurt that eat lunch with me kindly take it back to their desk. Either they are really nice or dont want to see me yack.

Yogurt fucking grosses me the hell out.

• alright, so i'm as seriously into food as anyone can get and i've eaten A LOT of shit. the real shit that's nasty to me are all the prepared food products out there, especially that frozen meal shit in the grocery stores. haven't gotten down in years but i know that stuff is no good. and fast food scares me too.

but here's some of the more obscure things i've eaten that i respectively do and do not get into

yes
    beef tripe
    horse tripe
    monkfish liver
    lamb brains
    tuna cheeks
    raw chicken
    pig's head (yes a whole one, but split among friends)
    pork trotters (but with discretion--can definitely be too much if the appetite isn't ready)

no
    nato
    durian (i've tried it fermented too)
    deer heart (but it was pickled...still don't think i'd try again)
    calves liver (i really want to like it, but i still can't do it)
    pork brains (but i think they were overcooked to shit)
    tilapia (shitty shitty quality fish that thrives in tepid filthy waters--props to whatever marketing genius was able to get this one into rotation in American markets and dinner tables)
    salted mackeral (it's a specific malaysian product--makes fish sauce seem like ketchup)

and i have not, nor will i ever eat dog.

i'm sure there more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment. it also really makes me sick when i see people buying little boxes of prepared sushi in convenience stores.

• i figure i'll try anything once...my philosophy at this point is that there is at least 1 way to make anything tasts good- it is just my job to find someone who knows that way...

and, offal isn't scary-just remember that chicken was expensive and exotic for YEARS. Now, it is beyond disposable.

salted mackeral (it's a specific malaysian product--makes fish sauce seem like ketchup)

I'm not sure it's the same as the type we have here,but we have a type of salt mackeral here that most people love.As well other salted meat like saltfish(cod)and salted pig's tail.
    The salted pig's tail is used in Jamaican Stew peas(its really red beans though) and also in soups.

• tuna cheeks

I didn't know Tuna's had asses

raw chicken

Details

pig's head (yes a whole one, but split among friends)

Well the fact that you shared it makes it completely normal

tilapia (shitty shitty quality fish that thrives in tepid filthy waters--props to whatever marketing genius was able to get this one into rotation in American markets and dinner tables)

Explain. I had Tilapia for the first time at a Senegalian restaurant and I liked it. I'm new to eating fish so I'm not sure what a great fish and what isn't.

The salt mackeral is used in a staple jamaican dish called Mackeral Run Down.
    I usually have this on mondays at the workplace.

INGREDIENTS :

* 2 lbs pickled boneless mackerel
    * 2 Cup Coconut Milk or 1 Can Coconut Milk
    * 1 Cup Water
    * 1 Large Onion, chopped fine
    * 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
    * 2 Stalks Escallion, chopped fine
    * 2 Large Tomatioes, chopped fine
    * 4 Sprigs Thyme
    * 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, chopped fine (Optional)
    * 1 tbsp Vinegar
    * Salt
    * Black Pepper

Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.

METHOD:

1. To remove some of the salt from the mackerel, soak in water overnight or boil in hot water for 30 minutes. (A combination of this can be done if the mackerel is still salty.)
    2. Drain water of the mackeral and cut into small pieces.
    3. Combine milk and water in a frying pan and boil until it looks oily.
    4. Add the markeral and cover the pot. Cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
    5. Add and stir the onion, garlic, escallion, tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, thyme and vinegar.
    6. Add Salt and Pepper to taste
    7. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
    8. Serve with green bananas, yam, roast breafruit and dumplings, if available.