Nasty food you can't stand to watch people eat...!

Comments

• shit that makes me want to vomit would be any kind of liver, spam (that shit dont look right)
    this shit

oysters and muscles are pretty nasty too.

Tripping. I will fuck up some gefilte in a second. Same with liver, oysters and muscles.

haha...you're killing me..I think you're part goat wtih all the shit you're willing to eat.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Some shit I won't eat, dog. tripe and that other nastyness. I'll fuck with some gizzards though. I used to eat them up teh badlands with the boricuas hooking it up, that and that BOMB morcilla.

Oh yeah i wont fuck with that crazy phillipino milk cake candy shit though. shit is nasty.

whats thename of that phillipino milk cake candy?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Some shit I won't eat, dog.

I wont eat dog either, although my brother eats horse.

• whats thename of that phillipino milk cake candy?

I don't know...I just date phillipinas I don't really fuck with there foods. You should google "Jollibee" the logo/chracter is "RAUGHS".

• never liked stuff like that during my stay in Japan:

seafood is fine, but not alive please!

Just to be clear, that footage is from Korea and not Japan. I have never seen anyone in Japan eat live small octopus.

absolutely correct, this excerpt is from Korea and this is not a regular Japanese dish. However, I experienced stuff like this with i.e. shrimps, small octopus over there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

whats thename of that phillipino milk cake candy?

I don't know...I just date phillipinas I don't really fuck with there foods. You should google "Jollibee" the logo/chracter is "RAUGHS".

My ex gril was philipino and hse was making the most blaned food EVER donnske.

• i can't believe european people eat cheese with a mite/acarian coating (alive)!

mmmmmmmmh! fresh mite! yummie!

I always wanted to try this. There is some kind of fermentation going on which adds a unique taste. However, this kind of living surface is

btw, this giant mite in the background is

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i can't believe european people eat cheese with a mite/acarian coating (alive)!

mmmmmmmmh! fresh mite! yummie!

I always wanted to try this. There is some kind of fermentation going on which adds a unique taste. However, this kind of living surface is

btw, this giant mite in the background is

i can't even touch that cheese! eventhough i'm studying biology. go figure. no wait... get familiar!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Japanese people eat this shit on the daily. Natto which is fermented soy beans. I bet most Americans wouldn't be able to handle this:

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "Head cheese or brawn is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that would not otherwise be considered appealing. It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (which would form from the bone marrow) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mold."

Fuck.that. ESPECIALLY after looking at the pic above. Aser can call me a Becky all day. I think alot of it has to do with being American and how we like our food. Basically no gelatinous eyball/brain/heart/feet/tongue/penis meat (King Most being the exception to the last one).

This is an old Danish specialty as well. Used to be part of the traditional christmas dinner. I think it's kind of dying out, mostly a country thing now. As a vegetarian this is almost as disgusting as it gets. Plus head cheese always makes me think of that loony cannibal family from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

This is nice little specialty from our neighbor country, Sweden:

Surstr??mming (sour herring) is a Swedish delicacy consisting of fermented Baltic herring. Surstr??mming is sold in cans, which when opened release a strong, foul smell. It is for this particular smell, which is similar to fish gone bad or garbage left out in the sun for a couple of days, that surstr??mming is infamous in popular culture, and it is often held that people who try surstr??mming can be confident that they will never forget it. Because of the smell, the dish is often eaten outdoors. However, opening the can under water somewhat lessens the smell, as well as keeping the person opening it from getting soaked in brine, as the fermentation often builds up a considerable pressure inside the can. The Finnish word is hapansilakka.

The herring is caught in spring, when it is in prime condition and just about to spawn. The herring are fermented in barrels for one to two months, then tinned where the fermentation continues. Half a year to a year later, gases have built up sufficiently for the once cylindrical tins to bulge into a more rounded shape. These unusual containers of surstr??mming can be found in supermarkets all over Sweden. However, certain airlines have banned the tins on their flights, considering the pressurized containers to be potentially dangerous. Species of Haloanaerobium bacteria are responsible for the in-can ripening. These bacteria produce carbon dioxide and a number of compounds that account for the unique odor: pungent propionic acid, rotten-egg hydrogen sulfide, rancid-butter butyric acid, and vinegary acetic acid.

One proposed explanation of the origins of this method of preservation is that it began long ago, when brining food was quite expensive due to the cost of salt. When fermentation was used, just enough salt was required to keep the fish from rotting.

They always tell me it tastes delicious, but OMG that stench is just unbearable! And I'm not trying to have that shit explode in my face.

Rotten fish in a can -

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Having been exposed to haggis and black pudding at a young age there's very little that turns my stomach. For me it's more to do with processed shit than anything else.

Pork rind is just foul.
    Growing up with unimaginative vegetarians in the family has given me a livelong aversion to Nut Roast.
    Snackajack crisps - these smell like burnt rice, fuck how much better for you they are than normal crisps, if you're that desperate to lose weight just don't fucking eat.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Fuckin pussies.

if it aint alive (except Oysters),decomposing and aint processed bullshit, ill eat it.

i will eat any meat you put in front of me.

lived in Sweden and ate Surstromming,(which i guess in a way is decomposing?) was in Egypt and ate dog, ive eaten Bat,snake, croc, tripe, blood sausage, haggis, horse, cockroaches, live larve (ok, there goes my live argument), sea urchin, reindeer (on pizza!), you name it. Insects and scorpions in Thailand.
    i do think gnawing on pigs feet/noses/ears is nasty though, but im not gonna back down from a culinary challange.

eyeballs are the bomb. you little nancyboy wooses.

But i have to agree, compared to old asian folk, im a crybaby.

Fuckin pussies

NZ, I had a feeling you'd be bustin' out like a true gung-ho traveller . Basically, if I'm in a situation where I have to eat something stinky, slimy or crawling due to local customs or basic survival, I'll do it without winking an eye. If there are alternatives, I'll check them out first. This is always my M.O. when I'm travelling, but I don't need the whole "I dare you to eat???" thing.

The same goes for different types of meat, even as a veggie. Eating dogs, horses or snakes is no different from eating a pig, a cow or a chicken in my book. All meat. Differentiating is indeed on some nancy shit. I'll eat all kinds of animals if necessary, and I have done so on many travels. But I'm not really interested in it, and if I don't have to, I won't.

I will agree that processed foods is what's truly nasty. I'd rather eat surstr??mming than some Cheese Wiz bullshit.

• "souse loaf"

AKA

the dreaded head cheese

also, tongue (cow or ox) is gross
    (granny use to have that in her fridge)
    anything that can taste u
    ooohh

jamaican rundown, no problem
    stinky fermented se asian fish,
    my co-workers made me eat that stuff outside in the alley

durian (soursop's smelly cousin) just stinks
    but it tastes so good

NZ, I had a feeling you'd be bustin' out like a true gung-ho traveller . Basically, if I'm in a situation where I have to eat something stinky, slimy or crawling due to local customs or basic survival, I'll do it without winking an eye. If there are alternatives, I'll check them out first. This is always my M.O. when I'm travelling, but I don't need the whole "I dare you to eat???" thing.

yup. But after seeing reactions to my eating habits, i am down with the whole "I dare you to eat bit"

The same goes for different types of meat, even as a veggie. Eating dogs, horses or snakes is no different from eating a pig, a cow or a chicken in my book. All meat. Differentiating is indeed on some nancy shit.

really. Meat is meat is meat.

I'll eat all kinds of animals if necessary, and I have done so on many travels. But I'm not really interested in it, and if I don't have to, I won't.

and thats where we differ me ole mate... i love eating weird and nasty shit.

I will agree that processed foods is what's truly nasty. I'd rather eat surstr??mming than some Cheese Wiz bullshit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

The same goes for different types of meat, even as a veggie. Eating dogs, horses or snakes is no different from eating a pig, a cow or a chicken in my book. All meat. Differentiating is indeed on some nancy shit.

anthropomorphism: attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena.

ps: I had horse tartare a few weeks ago, oof....

• I will agree that processed foods is what's truly nasty.

anthropomorphism: attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena.

AKA The Disney Effect.

i remember the first time i ate horse, it was in Sweden and i came back from the supermarket with 'hamburger meat' my girl at the time cracked up when i said it tasted funny...

reindeer was 1000X better.

some dudes shot a bear one season and i was keen to try, but got there too late.

and this one Norweigen guy tried to feed me whale meat. I dont eat endangered species mayne.

had snails last night. frogs legs last week. my chinese hommie 'little dragon' fed me some mean duck throats one time, shit was so tasty but looked like little versions of the wank-sleeves we used to sell in the sexshop, so that was a bit off-putting.

• I will agree that processed foods is what's truly nasty.

people have been surviving off brains for a lot longer than they have been on McDonald's.

• Fuckin pussies.

Hommie,
    I'm eating breakfast while I'm reading this thread.

Truly a challenge.

Fuckin pussies.

Hommie,

I'm eating breakfast while I'm reading this thread.

Truly a challenge.

yeeesh! good luck with that man...

what are you having for breakfast: or

haha me keeed me keeeeed!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    ok,

first of all,
    salt mackeral...many countries and cultures have ways of preserving proteins with salt. this is some timeless shit. as for jamaican salt mackeral i can;t really say. it sounds like a whole mackeral preserved in salt which is then soaked to remove the salt and then used in the repice. probably delicious.
    the malaysian salted mackeral i'm referring to has actually been allowed to ferment. it is then preserved in salt and then used to flavor certain dishes. it's not just salted cured and air dried. the flavor is much more intense.

as for tilapia...no, there's nothing really wrong with it. but it's just a farm raised fish that thrives in warm dirty water. from a commercial perspective it's great because it's a low maintenence farm raised fish that you could probably raise in a swimming pool minus the chlorine. in other words, it's the kind of fish that goes into cat food.
    not that it's bad for you, but just about any other fish you can buy will taste better and is better for you. try to buy anything wild...salmon, tuna, fluke, halibut, anything. something that comes from the ocean. just today i was in a fish store and there was a sign saying that the tilapia was farm raised in VT. VT? VT is land locked. it's at least 60m from the atlantic ocean. are you kidding me?

Fish cheeks are just unsatisfying. They're not bad, but there's not a lot there.

Nato is not bad. Maybe I just had a particularly tame batch.

For all you people crying about chitlins, what do you think gets wrapped around the outside of sausages? Intestines.

Not all tilapia is bad, you just ave to be careful where you buy it from. Fish farms don't have to be nasty, some of them are run in sectioned off portions of lakes. I trust tilapia from Whole Foods, but I don't buy it anywhere else. I definitely agree that sticking to wild fish is a better idea. Halibut is one of my favorites.

Hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and artificial preservatives all gross me the fuck out. There's nothing worse then being out with some cute girls and watchihng them put sweet n' low in their coffee.

• Crab? Pulled Pork? Eggplant? Cheese Curds? Tongue?

Fertilised duck eggs I can understand, but you people are some finnicky eaters who are missing out on some of life's simple pleasures. Really, how can you not like a good pulled pork sandwich? Pulled pork is glorious.

Aser and I need to school folls.

• shit that makes me want to vomit would be any kind of liver, spam (that shit dont look right)
    this shit

oysters and muscles are pretty nasty too.

Oysters, mussels, gefilte fish are nasty? Wow. What else is there to say? I can only hope that you say these horrible things because you've never had decent oysters, mussels, or gefilte fish.

• The Brits have this Heinz desert that comes in a can and it's called 'Spotted Dick'......fancy that? Rather not, thank you!

Or what to think of those little meatballs that are called Pork Faggots??!?
    Oh dear, those Brits.....

Faggots are groun pork offal wrapped in intestine, boiled, and serviced with gravy. Done well, they're really good.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    gefilte fish sucks (at least the versions I've sampled-not worthy of my stomach)

tripe - not a fan

tofu shaped like a chicken drumstick or a hot dog pisses me off! I you are going to eat tofu don't make it look like meat!

kidney - my parents served this to me as a child. It looked like a giant shit shit sitting in water b4 it was prepared... I say ban!

tilapia blows!!!!!!

nato - never had (intrigued now)

liver - yes

Homemade shit on a shingle is yummy

• There's nothing worse then being out with some cute girls and watchihng them put sweet n' low in their coffee.

but.. but... it's PINK!!

• one of my favorite things to eat is a Raw Sausage Sandwhiches. An italian classic that can turn some heads.