Nasty food you can't stand to watch people eat...!

1235»

Comments

• shit that makes me want to vomit would be any kind of liver, spam (that shit dont look right)
    this shit

oysters and muscles are pretty nasty too.

Oysters, mussels, gefilte fish are nasty? Wow. What else is there to say? I can only hope that you say these horrible things because you've never had decent oysters, mussels, or gefilte fish.
    i am a hater of seafood though so im biased. I think anything that comes outta water and has that fishy taste is like eating a raw asshole. Gefilte just looks so nasty. carp is a bottom feeding fish, so its a grimy mofo. but i cosign on the pulled pork. that shit is real good. i could eat bbq sandwiches all day long.

• crackers.

• not a fan of watching babies eat meat (esp. "manwiches", sloppy joes, etc)

• I have eaten a lot of different things: musk ox, whale, rotten shark..but there are four things I cant fucking stand, and from this reasoning I dont like to watch other people eat:

Nato
    Raisins
    Lima Beans
    Cauliflower
    and whatever that fish jelly shit was in Munich...

other than that, Im cool with it....wanna find a place that does pork cheek, heard it was one of the most delictable parts of the pig.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mayo on wonder white bread........Cue up Dueling Banjoes...yuck.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Nato

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Japanese people eat this shit on the daily. Natto which is fermented soy beans. I bet most Americans wouldn't be able to handle this:

I had this once and I damn near had to throw up. I was severely hung over on top of it. It smells like stinky feet on a dead person and the slimy texture is just beyond comparsion. I had sticky, gooey strings from bowl to chop sticks to mouth that I had to remove with a napkin. It was like fighting a stinky spider web of death.
    I had to give up after three clumps and even had nightmares for the next two nights.

Horrible!

I have to say that I can only feel sorry for people who despise blood sausage, head chesse, oysters, liver pudding an many other things that were mentioned. I would never eat the industrial packaged liver pudding pictured above but a homemade one from a good butcher shop in the south of germany is the stuff I dream of sometimes...

I used to eat live shrimp all the time as a little kid. I'd catch them with a net and just bite off the tail. Delicious! My mother ran away screaming though, when she saw me do this for the first time...

I have to say that I'm very, very careful with anything coming out of fish farms. Especially shrimp from Taiwan or Thailand. Have you guys ever seen how they are kept? In small ponds filled with more feces than water and they throw in Antibiotics and growth hormons with shovels.

Boars Head cold cuts (and other industrialised cold cuts) are gross. Why is there no law against selling this boiled pinkish shit under the name of "black forest ham"? Real black forest ham is uncooked, smoke cured and delicious. It's like selling tuna out of the can as sushi.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Mayo on wonder white bread........Cue up Dueling Banjoes...yuck.

Quality bump, BATMON, quality bump.

I think I grossed people out at Ryowa last night, I was really into my ramen.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    cauliflower, raisins, lima beans, eggplant, yogurt, chicken skin (crispy), and cheese curds are key

most fermented food I've tried taste better than they smell. But there's a fine line between fermented and rotten.

that goats head soup sounds good

who would try bbq people? I would try a bite if I were at a drunk at party and someone passed it around on an hourderve tray.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    nato

i've picked apart pig's heads, eaten sheeps brains, pickled deer hearts w/ shots of whiskey, cold milt (fish sperm) with raw quail eggs (as if the texture wasn't clammy and viscous enough), overcame childhood fears of numerous vegetables (avocados, mushrooms, squash, TOMATOES!). I've eaten and enjoyed fermented tofu, salted mackeral, phillipino budo sauce, malaysian chicalok sauce straight from the bottle, plenty of food off of strangers plates...i used to work for a chef who would let our rabbits hang for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator...to the point where they were rotten and smelled like diarrhea from a sickly animal. i cooked them and ate that too. what else...horse stomach, pig liver (which i didn't love), marmite, vegemite, a tongue burrito from a 24 hour tacqueria around 3:00 am on a stomach of 40s of olde english and cheap bourbon (in that order)...too drunk to ride a bicycle. aloe vera pureed with honey and tequila. sounds like it might be alright but this shit is the most bitter concoction i've ever tasted.

anyway, i love food and i get down with a lot of shit most people wouldn't even think about. and i've tried and continue to try to get down with nato. i really want to be able to say that i like it and that i can eat everything. but i just cannot do it. i feel like it must be a joke because for the life of me i can't imagine what can possibly be good about it. but people eat it.

i think that's it. i've never eaten dog, and i'm not trying to. and for the most part i never see people getting down with most of the things i've mentioned. i guess if there's something i can't watch people eat it's fast food. and nato. with all the good food in the world, i just don't understand why you would choose to put either one in your mouth.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Has anyone posted a link to info about nato?

I've never heard of it and am having trouble searching for it. Pages and pages of sites about N.A.T.O. food aid...

Help or more info would be appreciated!

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    try searching for "natto"... it will yield much better results

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    try searching for "natto"... it will yield much better results

thanks... I just figured that out. Sounds like an acquired taste.

I don't like watching people eating pizza with forks and knives.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    did friggin' aser say he ate god damn HORSE?

my girl just said "no one has said 'spider, they sell it to you on a stick in cambodia!".

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    nato

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    How could I forget about Pig's Feet??!!
    Disgusting.

a piggs trotter a la pierre koffman monsior is a sophisticated sausage.

TULIP BULBS/BALLS/BOLLEN[/b]

my grandparentS survived the cold winter of 44-45 on these.
    id rather have a onion.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I don't like watching people eating pizza with forks and knives.

Hahaha...

I remember seeing a friend do this in high school. I was like WTF - GTFUHWTB. Tryin to be sophisticated w/ a slice of pizza(a regular slice at that) is wack. But ive grown w/ the times and will employ utensils if the toppings are loaded on. Fuck tryin to bend a sausage/peppers/mushrooms/olives pizza. Hand me a fork.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    i've tried and continue to try to get down with nato. i really want to be able to say that i like it and that i can eat everything. but i just cannot do it. i feel like it must be a joke because for the life of me i can't imagine what can possibly be good about it.

Naturally fermented foods are very good for you. Tons of good bacteria and probiotic shit thats good for your stomach and liver.

I've been fermenting foods for awhile now, and it's sort of addicting. Some stuff has failed misserably, but I've gotten Kimchi, sauerkraut, and ginger-ale down pretty good. At first it was hard eating food that smelled like farts, but it grows on you and makes your digestive system feel good.

This is a really good cook (not really) book for those interested

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I think it's time to bring a therapist in!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Interesting ghost-bump.b,121b,121I f*cking HATE those Mexican / Caribbean shit berries.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Naturally fermented foods are very good for you. Tons of good bacteria and probiotic shit thats good for your stomach and liver.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121I've been fermenting foods for awhile now, and it's sort of addicting. Some stuff has failed misserably, but I've gotten Kimchi, sauerkraut, and ginger-ale down pretty good. At first it was hard eating food that smelled like farts, but it grows on you and makes your digestive system feel good.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121This is a really good cook (not really) book for those interested
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121YESS ON THAT BOOK! NO ON THE SAND FONT!! I KEEP MISSING DUDE SPEAK NEARBY BUTT THAT BOOK IS DA TRUTH AND DUDE IS A WHIZ!!b,121b,121And as a lifelong kimchee eater, eating sauerkraut is super hard for me still- not that it's gross, but it makes my face pucker and my eyes close and I can't open them. I do not have this problem w/kimchi so I'm not sure what is wrong with me.b,121b,121And speaking of foods that I can't stand to watch ppl eat, I had an experience last night at Can't Fail Cafe (went for the $1 grossbeer)...the couple next to me was eating really big pastrami-beefy Carl's Jr. style commercial burgers, but just totally stuffing their faces with it, no conversation, the people themselves even looked all pale and internet-cafe zombie style. I was super grossed out and stared too much.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121try searching for "natto"... it will yield much better results
    b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121HAVE NO PROBLEM WATCHING PPL EAT NATTO BUT FOR ME I CAN'T HANDLE IT...b,121(it was like chunky solid boogers and made me sad i couldn't eat it)