Nasty food you can't stand to watch people eat...!

Comments

• shit that makes me want to vomit would be any kind of liver, spam (that shit dont look right)
    this shit

oysters and muscles are pretty nasty too.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    tilapia (shitty shitty quality fish that thrives in tepid filthy waters--props to whatever marketing genius was able to get this one into rotation in American markets and dinner tables)

Explain. I had Tilapia for the first time at a Senegalian restaurant and I liked it. I'm new to eating fish so I'm not sure what a great fish and what isn't.

I'm rather picky with fish and I dig tilapia... it is suspiciously cheap though

• ok,

first of all,
    salt mackeral...many countries and cultures have ways of preserving proteins with salt. this is some timeless shit. as for jamaican salt mackeral i can;t really say. it sounds like a whole mackeral preserved in salt which is then soaked to remove the salt and then used in the repice. probably delicious.
    the malaysian salted mackeral i'm referring to has actually been allowed to ferment. it is then preserved in salt and then used to flavor certain dishes. it's not just salted cured and air dried. the flavor is much more intense.

as for tilapia...no, there's nothing really wrong with it. but it's just a farm raised fish that thrives in warm dirty water. from a commercial perspective it's great because it's a low maintenence farm raised fish that you could probably raise in a swimming pool minus the chlorine. in other words, it's the kind of fish that goes into cat food.
    not that it's bad for you, but just about any other fish you can buy will taste better and is better for you. try to buy anything wild...salmon, tuna, fluke, halibut, anything. something that comes from the ocean. just today i was in a fish store and there was a sign saying that the tilapia was farm raised in VT. VT? VT is land locked. it's at least 60m from the atlantic ocean. are you kidding me?

• GIZZARDS.

• elk penis in a light cream testicle sauce

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    ok,

first of all,
    salt mackeral...many countries and cultures have ways of preserving proteins with salt. this is some timeless shit. as for jamaican salt mackeral i can;t really say. it sounds like a whole mackeral preserved in salt which is then soaked to remove the salt and then used in the repice. probably delicious.
    the malaysian salted mackeral i'm referring to has actually been allowed to ferment. it is then preserved in salt and then used to flavor certain dishes. it's not just salted cured and air dried. the flavor is much more intense.

I'm not sure how pungent the smell is,but the salt mackerel here has strong smell but i wouldn't say it has a rotting smell.It's kinda strong though.

GIZZARDS.

curried gizzards yum yum.

• Lemon meringue pie

are u fucking crazy? that shit is

one of my favorite pies along with pumpkin pie and apple pie.

• whats that breakfast loaf called that looks grey with every part of pork in it (ears, lips, etc)

name's on the tip of my tongue....cancel that, just saw someone else post it...SCRAPPLE = nasty looking shit my ex-girlfriend said she loves it.

i dunno how people eat that shit.

others: oysters, cow tongues, pig feet, potted meat, cottage cheese....

Oh i forgot about Cow Cod(bull's penis)Soup.
    This is very big downhere.
    I Think virtually anything with the right seasonings is palatable.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    they even take the body part of a crab and suckle the grey/green soupy brain matter out the crab body

aye aye, that is me, I gets down like that. Eating it w/ hot rice is sooooo good.

in regards to tilapia. It doesn't really have a distinctive taste, rather it's a bland fish that absorbs the flavour of whatever spice you're cooking with. There're certainly much more interesting varieties to try. The fishing industry loves to re-invent bycatch and slapping a new fancy name on it. Beware of catchphrases like "sea bass" or "snapper", they're often unrelated to the actual species of the fish. They're just marketable names....

I love ANKIMO, love love love, and kama toro also.

finally, the live octopus thing is indeed korean, and they usually will cut it into bite size pieces. I think they hammed it up for the video by serving it whole.

• -Pickled eggs

i remember 2 years ago at work, me and some fellow employees used to drink beer in the backroom and one dude would eat pickled eggs. i thought it looked/sounded weird, but it was good...especially with salt on em, and amazingly went well w/ beer. except i only liked the pink-colored ones from the grocery store deli/bakery...the ones in the glass jar in the canned meat aisle sucked.

• whats that breakfast loaf called that looks grey with every part of pork in it (ears, lips, etc)

name's on the tip of my tongue.

i dunno how people eat that shit.

others: oysters, cow tongues, pig feet, potted meat, cottage cheese....
    i think your talking about scrapple. Someone here posted that allready. My friend eats that shit and i swear it looks like someone dumped a can of alpo on the grill.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    doggz you are all a bunch of crybabies. you dont know disgusting eating habits until you have asian grandparents. seriously watching my grandma suck cheek meat and eyeballs out the fish head. ive had chicken drumsticks that my grandpa took from my plate and extrapolated the finest filaments of muscle tissue and bone marrow from. dudes, seriously, they even take the body part of a crab and suckle the grey/green soupy brain matter out the crab body. you fools dont EVEN know the pain i been through. old asian folks do not fuck around.

that said, chip beef on toast mayo aint all that bad...

Ha ha, I think you have most of the things in this thread.

• The Brits have this Heinz desert that comes in a can and it's called 'Spotted Dick'......fancy that? Rather not, thank you!

Or what to think of those little meatballs that are called Pork Faggots??!?
    Oh dear, those Brits.....

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

from my pops heritage. he does not have kind things to say about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

from my pops heritage. he does not have kind things to say about it.

This sounds potentially lethal.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    whats that breakfast loaf called that looks grey with every part of pork in it (ears, lips, etc)

name's on the tip of my tongue....cancel that, just saw someone else post it...SCRAPPLE = nasty looking shit my ex-girlfriend said she loves it.

I think your talking about souse loaf (Yuck!!!!):

Other disgusting food I can list include:

-Chitlins.
    -Spam.
    -Cream of wheat (I hated those uncooked dough balls hidden within it).
    -Tripe.
    -Potted meat product (wtf).
    -Calamari.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    a lot of y'all are showing yourselves to be the becky's of food

teehee

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

crazy germans!

i saw my grandma eating fresh chicken liver and heart. but that is not so bad considering chinese food. right?

i can't believe european people eat cheese with a mite/acarian coating (alive)!

mmmmmmmmh! fresh mite! yummie!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    whats that breakfast loaf called that looks grey with every part of pork in it (ears, lips, etc)

I think your talking about souse loaf (Yuck!!!!):

"Head cheese or brawn is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that would not otherwise be considered appealing. It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (which would form from the bone marrow) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mold."

Fuck.that. ESPECIALLY after looking at the pic above. Aser can call me a Becky all day. I think alot of it has to do with being American and how we like our food. Basically no gelatinous eyball/brain/heart/feet/tongue/penis meat (King Most being the exception to the last one).

• all this talk bout fish reminds me of

When was the last time you ate a stinking toe?

http://stjohnbeachguide.com/Stinking%20Toe.htm

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    In the south of Italy I saw a big fat American tourist eat a pizza with fries on it... I couldnt eat the rest of the day.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    -Cream of wheat (I hated those uncooked dough balls hidden within it).

I hated this as a kid, but I kinda like it now. You gotta make it with milk and not water, and you gotta throw some brown sugar in there. Good eatin'!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That shit is like I'm in fucking JAIL except for teh pickles.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    chipped beef on toast

and......

dudes need to post pics because that basically sounds like a roast beef sandwhich.

That makes me want to gag just looking at it! Looks like someone threw up and nutted on a slice of wheat bread.

And on this topic I'd say a good 90% of what Aser eats

That shit is good as fuck, I'm not playing, shit on a shingle, that's that shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    shit that makes me want to vomit would be any kind of liver, spam (that shit dont look right)
    this shit

oysters and muscles are pretty nasty too.

Tripping. I will fuck up some gefilte in a second. Same with liver, oysters and muscles.

• My step-pops used to grill up liver and onions, I liked it back then but
    I don't think I'd fox with it presently. We used to mess with mussels,
    venison, turkey necks , rabbit stew, chicken hearts, shit we used to make our own tallow and put it in old coffeee cans (good for breaking in baseball mitts, etc.).

Headcheese, pork knuckles, and duck feet always had me shook.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's about time that youse got up on some "OLD TIMEY FOODS."