THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    *cough*

naptowwwwn, batches.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    *cough*

naptowwwwn, batches.

ohhhh, NOW the Colts faithful show up, huh? it's actually far from over, despite my previous report.... b-more is coming life in the 4th. INT REED... his second (and should've had three or four)

mcnair is comin' up crazy small in this game... this is not going the way i thought it would at all

• parenparen 537 Posts
    been following the home team very closely all year... not just showing up - just nothin to talk about until the SURE MONEY talk started...

---

still anyone's game... maybe someone is the secondary (either side) will run back a pick and finish it off... but honestly, there wasn't (and isn't) any sure money in this one.

honestly, there wasn't (and isn't) any sure money in this one.

well, that's easy to say now! regardless, however this thing turns out (and it looks like the colts are gonna hold on) i gotta admit i was dead wrong about how this game was gonna go down. I damn well better be right about tonight's nfc game...

• parenparen 537 Posts
    agreed and i wish i'd hit up the strut in the am to get in on the action...

congrats to tony dungy and good luck to the colts in the AFC championship game... with all the schitt i was talking i guess it's now time to

glad no beezies out there took me up on my offer to bet on that schitt

Sheldon Brown on Reggie Bush.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Bush ain't gonna be no more good for the rest of this game! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Aint's are real...

I saw it in person when they destroyed the Cowgirls.

Birds are in trouble.

Aint's are real...

I saw it in person when they destroyed the Cowgirls.

Birds are in trouble.

I have all the respect in the world for the Aints, they are most definitely the real. That damn coach of theirs has ALWAYS known how to gameplan against the Eagles, it's like he knows what we're gonna do before we do sometimes. BUT.... even with us looking reeeeeal lackluster at times in the 1st half and with Westbrook being nonexistent, we're still winning this batch 14-13. We are starting to warm up... it's about time for that monster o-line to start exerting itself against the #23 run defense in the league in the 2nd half.

BTW, these mexi-pepsis are tastin' real sweet while I watch this game. Thanks!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Damn...I was sure the Ravens were gonna slap the Colts silly. What the hell was up with B-more?

This Eagles/Saints game is bon-kares.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I'm cheering for the Patriots in the AFC now. I really thought the Ravens were gonna lay out the Colts on both sides of the ball too. They just couldn't finish their drives on offense. The defense kept the Colts in check with Ed Reed staying 20-30 yards downfield even on running downs. Who would've thought 2 weeks ago that the Colts would beat the Chiefs & Ravens with their defense?

Unless you're a Philly fan, I don't know how you can't be cheering for the Saints right now. Deuce is a beast & I'm glad Brees found success after getting kicked to the curb by the Chargers last year. This game has been great. If the Bears & Saints meet next week, I'm gonna have a hard time cheering against the Saints.

Having to settle for a FG with 11 minutes to go is really for Philly... might cost us the game. Our D is tired and doesn't look like they can stop the Saints at this point.

FUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

where do i send that fitty, Gene?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Who Dat!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    WHAT THEE FUCK?!

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    At the press conference he says maybe he should have went for it...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Who Dat!!!

That move he put on the LB to score what proved to be the winning touchdown was fucking nasty. Just a little shake, and a routine swing pass turned into a game-winner.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You have to give the Colts defense credit for stuffing the Ravens and creating many turnovers. Even when they didn't count like pass interference call in the 3rd quarter, it turned a 45 yeard gain into a 5 yard penalty. Great game

Second, McNair just sucked. His INTs were all his fault. The pass to Williams was a good 3 feet behind him.

• That move he put on the LB to score what proved to be the winning touchdown was fucking nasty.

Speak.

Man the Eagles are good. That was a great game. I think watching your team win by running for 2 bills is better than winning while throwing for 3 bills. I'm so pumped right now!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

No shit?!
    With 4:00 I say punt, with less than 2:00 gotta go for it!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

No shit?!

Yeah, Andy Reid fucked up on that one. I was just scratchin' my head when I watched them punt. Think his job may be in jeopardy? He's come up short quite a few times over the years. Almost only counts in horseshoes. Thoughts???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• As somone who works for the Pats, let me just say that the Andy Reid School of Clock Management is only good for opponents. That should be HEAVILY questioned.

Not surprised by either outcome; my bosses laughed at me, but I told them this week- the Colts won't dominate, but the Ravens Offense is bad enough that the Colts can hold them to 10, and score 17 of their own to win. I was off by a few points on each, but that was exactly what happened.

No shit?!

Yeah, Andy Reid fucked up on that one. I was just scratchin' my head when I watched them punt. Think his job may be in jeopardy? He's come up short quite a few times over the years. Almost only counts in horseshoes. Thoughts???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Naw, his job isn't on the line. Upper management loves the dude. I don't think his job should be in jeopardy, but the dude is just frustrating as hell. He's the reason that the team has won so many games for so many years, but he's also the reason that they've lost a lot of big games. Some of his decisions, be it game strategies or just basic philosophy, really have you scratching your head sometimes, like WTF?

In contrast, the Saints' coach gets it. He'll probably bring a trophy down to New Orleans before Andy gives us one here in Philly. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he pulls it off this year. It's gonna be hard to beat whoever comes out of the AFC, but I like Payton's chances.... dude is sharp. I wish I could say that Philly gave away that game tonight, but really the better team (and I think the better coach) won.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As somone who works for the Pats

Oh, that's how you roll now?

I'm just trying to chill and not get all
    caught up in the game today. I'm going to
    watch it, I'm going to be a mental case, but
    I'm trying not to get all caught up. Ha.

• As somone who works for the Pats

Oh, that's how you roll now?

I'm just trying to chill and not get all
    caught up in the game today. I'm going to
    watch it, I'm going to be a mental case, but
    I'm trying not to get all caught up. Ha.

Hey, I only bust it out every so often...citing Andy Reid's lack of clock management seems appropriate, We were talking about 39 at work the other day- how the Pats KILLED the Colts (possibly the most physically dominant game I've ever watched) and then the Steelers (in their best game of the playoffs...)

And then played the most unsuspenseful 3-point Super Bowl ever. What a classic Pats game- do just enough to win, with no suspense- and if there was any, Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb took it away at the end. This is not to take away from their excellent careers- but that was a terd they threw out on the Jax-Alltell field.

Anyway...

Tomorrow's game will be fasciniating; I think the Pats hold LT under 90 yards and 1 TD. And, i think they'll win. But, if they lose (which I think is 49% possible) it is because their OLine can't hack the Defense of SD. That is where I see this game being won/lost.

Really looking forward to it- in college, upsets are fun. In the Pros, though- I want the best teams slugging it out. And, that is what we're getting this playoff season.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Baltimore hasn't played anybody since they lost to The Bengals....McNair is still McNair

And just so you all know....If New England beats San Diego...The Colts are going to win the Super Bowl .....San Diego is the only team left that can beat the Colts...NFC and AFC.

You have to throw the ball down field to beat The Saints....This is Jeff's weakness...

Fred Thomas is awful....If Donovan played this game he would have had 4 touchdown passes easy ... Those receivers were open all day....Garcia made several passes that should have been intercepted....the touchdown pass to Stallworth was a nasty floater ..dude just happened to be wide open...

Sean Payton made some terrible coaching decisions ...Duece should have had 10 more carries .......Reggie is beat up and he's a rookie ..Sean needs to be more careful with his play calling

Tomorrow's game will be fasciniating; I think the Pats hold LT under 90 yards and 1 TD. And, i think they'll win. But, if they lose (which I think is 49% possible) it is because their OLine can't hack the Defense of SD. That is where I see this game being won/lost.

Really looking forward to it- in college, upsets are fun. In the Pros, though- I want the best teams slugging it out. And, that is what we're getting this playoff season.

Can definitely see why you would say that, as the games
    where the Pats have looked awful this season have been
    when protection has broken down and they had to yield
    time of possesion, their greatest strength. If they can
    mount some long drives and make some early stops, have the
    lead to open the second half, I like their chances.
    If they come out flat, and have to play catch-up, I'm
    thinking things don't look so good. Play a perfect Pats-style
    shutdown, and it's Vinatieri Bowl 2007. Now stop getting
    me caught up - I'm trying not to think about it.

And just so you all know....If New England beats San Diego...The Colts are going to win the Super Bowl .....San Diego is the only team left that can beat the Colts...NFC and AFC.

I'd like to think the Patriots would have
    made those Manning picks count. I think they
    match up pretty well again this season.