THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Devin Hester...

• Saints are fo real.......rest of the league better watch out.

Not really ...they'll get smashed in the first round

Given that we'll have a BYE and being playing in the second round, this sounds like more Edpowers idiocy.

We will most definitely place a wager on their first playoff game tho.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Saints are fo real.......rest of the league better watch out.

Given that we'll have a BYE and being playing in the second round, this sounds like more Edpowers idiocy.

When did you clinch a first round bye ?

Did i miss something ?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I think the Bengals are going to win it all.

I think the Bengals are going to win it all.

Final Four[/b]

Miami San Diego vs Cincinnati

Seattle vs Dallas

• Saints are fo real.......rest of the league better watch out.

When did you clinch a first round bye ?

Did i miss something ?

Oh, it's goin DAHN.

Seattle versus Dallas? You MUST be smokin rocks out there in smogland bruh.

• Final Four[/b]

Miami San Diego vs Cincinnati

Seattle Saints vs Dallas Bears

• CAMPBELLSOUP HAS A PROMOTION FOR EACH CITY WITH A NFL FRANCHISE. GO INTO THEIR WEB SITE AND VOTE FOR THE TITANS. FOR EACH VOTE THEY WILL DONATE A CAN OF SOUP TO A Nashville! SOUP KITCHEN. The Titans are way down on the list in clicks! Even if you're not a fan of the TITANS, please still click on them so Nashville will receive the donation. If you down with another team ??? vote for them and Campbell will donate a can in that city.

GOOD CAUSE, PASS IT ON!

http://www.chunky.com/clickforcans.aspx??

• Final Four[/b]

Miami Baltimore[/b] @ San Diego

Seattle vs Dallas New Orleans @ Chicago[/b]

SUPER BOWL: SAN DIEGO vs. CHICAGO[/b]

Rookies of the Year (The Official list)

10)Joseph Addai
    9)Lawrence Maroney
    8)Greg Jennings
    7)Marques Colston
    6)DeMeco Ryans
    5)Matt Leinert
    4)Devin Hester
    3)Reggie Bush
    2)Vince Young
    1)Maurice Jones-Drew

• Rookies of the Year (The Official list)

10)Joseph Addai
    9)Lawrence Maroney
    8)Greg Jennings
    7)Marques Colston
    6)DeMeco Ryans
    5)Matt Leinert
    4)Devin Hester
    3)Reggie Bush
    2)Vince Young
    1)Maurice Jones-Drew

Swap 2 and 1. Young plays the toughest position in sports with no one behind him, and everything on his shoulders- and his made an AWFUL team a threat. I'm not gonna carve a bust for the guy just yet, but his season has been by far the best.

MJD can be spelled by Fragile Fred, and has a lot more on his teams. He's been great, but Vince's season has been better and faaaaaaar more significant to his team.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Final Four[/b]

Miami Baltimore[/b] @ San Diego

Seattle vs Dallas New Orleans @ Chicago[/b]

SUPER BOWL: SAN DIEGO vs. CHICAGO[/b]

I so want to believe this -- that the Bears will lose to the Chargers in the Super Bowl. But the Bears defense is hurting, what with Mike Brown gone early and now Tommie Harris (the Inside Man!) gone too. I think they can still do it, but after seeing the wind let out of the sails real early last year against Carolina, I could easily see N'awlins do the same this year with some explosive shit. I hope I'm wrong.

Swap 2 and 1. Young plays the toughest position in sports with no one behind him, and everything on his shoulders- and his made an AWFUL team a threat. I'm not gonna carve a bust for the guy just yet, but his season has been by far the best.

Tennesee is not an awful team ...Their biggest weakness STILL is the passing game

• Swap 2 and 1. Young plays the toughest position in sports with no one behind him, and everything on his shoulders- and his made an AWFUL team a threat. I'm not gonna carve a bust for the guy just yet, but his season has been by far the best.

Tennesee is not an awful team ...Their biggest weakness STILL is the passing game

It sure seemed like they would be...They were in the running for the number one pick with B. Volek and K. Collins at quarterback. And, yes, passing may be a weakness, but Young has made them a formidable opponent, whereas before...They were the Lions.

...They were STILL[/b] in the running for the number one pick

Until....

Donovan McNabb gets hurt at the start of the second qtr of that game.

The Giants bend over with a 21-0 lead the next game

Bironas makes a 60 yard fg the next game

and last but not least Houston decides to blitz OUTSIDE! on 3rd and 14

Vince has been above average.. but he's getting too much credit for these "comebacks" imo

• Please.

VY is the truth, end of story. No "too much credit" about it.

Please.

VY is the truth, end of story. No "too much credit" about it.

Ok......but did these things happen ?

Donovan McNabb gets hurt at the start of the second qtr of that game.

The Giants bend over with a 21-0 lead the next game

Bironas makes a 60 yard fg the next game

and last but not least Houston decides to blitz OUTSIDE! on 3rd and 14

• McNabb? Yes

"Giants bent over"? Uh-uh. VY and PacMan straight TOOK the momentum from that team, got their crowd hype as fuck and it was a wrap after that. Altho, they do owe Eli a debt of thanks for one of the worst throws of the season.

Can't deny Bironas hit a FG to win the game. Watched him do it. I don't think they ran that kick back to the Colts 43 though.

Houston blitz was just stoopid but he shook 4 cats after that. And he was *movin* man...I never saw him run like that at UT.

Look man, I hated (ENVIED) VY when he was here at UT but I watched that fool and I KNOW you saw the Rose Bowl...he seems to have the special, innate "IT" that few, few athletes have. I'm talking a "Jordan" it based on what I've seen, but that's merely a prediction that will be rendered true or false in the coming years. I know this, I'm checking for Titans games when the Saints aren't playing.

He'll have some good tests at the end here, playing both JAX and NE. It was just stupid for them to start the season w/ Collins though. He started 3 games, I guarantee you VY woulda won one of those and have TEN at 7-6 and contending for a WC.

• 34 pages and counting.....on a kids game, played by over grown/over paid teenagers.

Go Green Bay..........Oh.....never mind, to late.

• 34 pages and counting.....on a kids game, played by over grown/over paid teenagers.

Go Green Bay..........Oh.....never mind, to late.

your point on sports being?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Where the shittalking Seahawk's fans at?

The Seahawks have issues ....

• The Seahawks have issues ....

But wait, you had them in the Super Bowl 3 freaking days ago!!!!!

This is why your takes must be taken w/ less than a grain of salt, EP.

The Seahawks have issues ....

1) I never said Seattle was going to the Super Bowl .....i said NFC Championship (at the beginning of the season) and i'm sticking with that for several reasons

2)I'm 130 out of 208 games for the season... which is pretty damn good considering 139 is what the "experts" are averaging

3)Three weeks left in the season....i'm more than willing to shut you the hell up ....we can go head to head or you can keep it pushin

Don't shake the dice if you aint rollin ....

• Rookies of the Year (The Official list)

10)Joseph Addai
    9)Lawrence Maroney
    8)Greg Jennings
    7)Marques Colston
    6)DeMeco Ryans
    5)Matt Leinert
    4)Devin Hester
    3)Reggie Bush
    2)Vince Young
    1)Maurice Jones-Drew

The OFFICIAL Official ROY List

10)Matt Leinart- his best is yet to come
    9)Joseph Addai- not spectacular but a good addition to that offense
    8)Marques Colston- all of those young Saints receivers are ballers
    7)Lawrence Maroney- once he becomes the feature back it's gonna be
    6)DeMeco Ryans- will be one of the top LBs in the NFL for years to come
    5)Reggie Bush- not the ROY but still the greatest natural talent we've seen in awhile
    4)Marcus McNeil- DON'T SLEEP!!! A huge key to the success San Diego is having this year
    3)Devin Hester- a freak of nature... the "x" factor that can offset Grossman's shortcomings and still give Da Bears a chance to win it all even if Rex tries to give games away with his bad decisions
    2)Maurice Jones-Drew- he's having the best year of any rookie statistically IMO (TD's and avg. per touch being what's most important)... another dude who would be if he were an every down back. Young MJD is a cockstrong lil bastard, outmuscling big ass linemen plus he can outrun muthafuckas too.
    1)Vince Young- stats that don't look good on paper are the only thing that will keep Vince from taking the award hands down. He's doing the same schitt he did in college, taking his team to victory by any means necessary. That passer rating stat is the biggest joke in football, it does NOT tell you how good a QB like VY is because it doesn't factor in the plays he makes with his legs. And being a great QB is about making plays when you need them, regardless of how you get it done. JUST DO IT, and Vince does. Dude is a special player... anybody who can't see that by now better get laser eye surgery or sumthin

4)Marcus McNeil- DON'T SLEEP!!! A huge key to the success San Diego is having this year

• The Seahawks have issues ....

1) I never said Seattle was going to the Super Bowl .....i said NFC Championship (at the beginning of the season) and i'm sticking with that for several reasons

2)I'm 130 out of 208 games for the season... which is pretty damn good considering 139 is what the "experts" are averaging

3)Three weeks left in the season....i'm more than willing to shut you the hell up ....we can go head to head or you can keep it pushin

Don't shake the dice if you aint rollin ....

Chill B. You the one that talks a gang of Bullschitt.

What's the game? Let's do this.

Chill B. You the one that talks a gang of Bullschitt.

....i promise i'll put it in slow and i wont pull your hair ....is that better honey ?

all of them ....the next 3 weeks and the playoffs

Week 15

Dallas at Atlanta
    Cleveland at Baltimore
    Detroit at Green Bay
    Houston at New England
    Jacksonville at Tennessee
    Miami at Buffalo
    N.Y. Jets at Minnesota
    Pittsburgh at Carolina
    Tampa Bay at Chicago
    Washington at New Orleans
    Denver at Arizona
    Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants
    St. Louis at Oakland
    Kansas City at San Diego
    Cincinnati at Indianapolis

• Chill B. You the one that talks a gang of Bullschitt.

....i promise i'll put it in slow and i wont pull your hair ....is that better honey ?

all of them ....the next 3 weeks and the playoffs

Week 15

Dallas at Atlanta
    Cleveland at Baltimore
    Detroit at Green Bay
    Houston at New England
    Jacksonville at Tennessee
    Miami at Buffalo
    N.Y. Jets at Minnesota
    Pittsburgh at Carolina
    Tampa Bay at Chicago
    Washington at New Orleans
    Denver at Arizona
    Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants
    St. Louis at Oakland
    Kansas City at San Diego
    Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Ew. That's nasty.

a) What's the stakes?

b) How to post the pix so that you don't steal my brilliance?

c) Straight up or ATS?

• For real tho, in case you forget, last time we wagered on something, you caught an L. We're one-and-one.