More K in Canada Related, Problems

Comments

• some of you need to step back from your computer screens a little and realise that things go wrong in people's lives and records aint the only thing in life. i sell records, but they certainly DON'T come first in my life. dude's CLEARLY got shit going on in the real world as it is, and to have to read all this crap i can't imagine is gonna be nice for him. i know it's the american way to go in all gun-ho but come on. this thread was only started a few fucking days ago, give the dude a chance?

yeah business is business, but life is way more important than a lot of you record nerds realise. wait till shit really hits the fan with one of you one day. i think the only thing you lot can blast him for is for not keeping people up to date.

i've never bought from him before, but i would regardless of all this.

people are people, and fuck up. usually by no fault of their own. i'm not totally sticking up for the guy but look at the bigger picture.

i think this thread should be deleted. it's not a good look for your forum.

This is written in exactly the same style as Nitty Gritty's post at Waxidermy. Wasn't Nitty Gritty known here under a different name before he was booted?

Plus the guy spelled realize with an 's'. Bet he's Canadian.

• i think this thread should be deleted. it's not a good look for your forum.

I'm held back from commenting on this, but this shit shouldn't be deleted. fuck that - dude has been given pass after pass for shit other dudes would've been blasted on and outta here years ago if he wasn't such a fan favorite. And if there's truth to his "fake postings" then his regard is a lie and we're maintaining a facade. Let's please not sweep this under the rug and revise history. He did what he did regardless of why and that should be pointed out as much as all the stories of how cool he is.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

i bet 97% of the people in this thread don't and are just bored and like gossip. myself included.

i propose changing

::: SOUL STRUT ::: CRATE DIGGING DJ & HIP HOP CULTURE

to

::: SOUL STRUT ::: 97% OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE JUST BORED AND LIKE TO GOSSIP

anyone got a link handy to that THE_MACK ON EBAY post from a ways back?

• Not that this is the case, but imagine how bad you would feel if you put a dude on supreme blast for not answering e-mails or not mailing purchased records and you later found out the person responsible was DECEASED.

Dead people don't use phones or computers.
    This could have been the case, and dudes jumped all in K's shit before they could possibly know what was really going down.
    I got really upset (pre-Internet) when I didn't recieve a $20 45 from a dealer, only to later find out he DIED. I felt awful.

And what did you dudes do in circumstances like this BEFORE THE INTERWEB?
    Assasinate a person's character in a notebook? Make flyers?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    8/31/06

I've met K and he's good people. This issue concerns me not becuase of the $, but becuase it suggests that he is in some kind of trouble.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

spoken as one who has felt the pain of online character assasination no doubt.

dealer meltdowns do happen, I've seen a couple guys just throw in the towel almost overnight & leave dozens of people hanging for records/money & pages of negative feedback...

---

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Why is it always James to the rescue?

• some of you need to step back from your computer screens a little and realise that things go wrong in people's lives and records aint the only thing in life. i sell records, but they certainly DON'T come first in my life. dude's CLEARLY got shit going on in the real world as it is, and to have to read all this crap i can't imagine is gonna be nice for him. i know it's the american way to go in all gun-ho but come on. this thread was only started a few fucking days ago, give the dude a chance?

somehow you've missed the 500 other times it's been pointed out that he has still posted in other forums. it's not like he's too caught up in real world shit to get to a computer...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Why is it always James to the rescue?

Unbelievable. So on point!

• Not that this is the case, but imagine how bad you would feel if you put a dude on supreme blast for not answering e-mails or not mailing purchased records and you later found out the person responsible was DECEASED.

This could have been the case, and dudes jumped all in K's shit before they could possibly know what was really going down.
    I got really upset (pre-Internet) when I didn't recieve a $20 45 from a dealer, only to later find out he DIED. I felt awful.

I would feel horrible, and I hope that never happens to me. This case is a bit different though. I had heard through the grapevine that K was alive and well but no one I knew had a way to contact him. Thus, try soulstrut and explain the case.

• You can totally forget me showing you the trick with the Amazing Rhythm Aces LP.

• oh snap, this crazy preacher near where I grew up used to put personal attacks on his little church billboard. Stuff like "Tony Smith is an adulterer and will rot in hell." We always used to make a point of driving by every couple of weeks to see what it said. I guess the church changed preachers or made him start taking his meds because one day the messeges got really nice, "god shines love on all of us" type of shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not that this is the case, but imagine how bad you would feel if you put a dude on supreme blast for not answering e-mails or not mailing purchased records and you later found out the person responsible was DECEASED.

Except that the thing which really blew this up
    was the revelation that K is currently posting
    on the Blood & Fire forum, AND selling records
    on eBay under another user name right now - all while ignoring
    the people who are trying to complete their transactions
    with him from this board.

The piling on has been more than excessive, but the fact that
    he is still active on the internet and it is on view for anyone
    to see really dismisses any chance of him being dead or even
    a too-far-gone crack addict.

edit: sorry this post is so redundant, SS is going VERY slow for me
    today, so it posted around 8 minutes after I wrote it...

• tsmtsm 16 Posts
    some of you need to step back from your computer screens a little and realise that things go wrong in people's lives and records aint the only thing in life. i sell records, but they certainly DON'T come first in my life. dude's CLEARLY got shit going on in the real world as it is, and to have to read all this crap i can't imagine is gonna be nice for him. i know it's the american way to go in all gun-ho but come on. this thread was only started a few fucking days ago, give the dude a chance?

yeah business is business, but life is way more important than a lot of you record nerds realise. wait till shit really hits the fan with one of you one day. i think the only thing you lot can blast him for is for not keeping people up to date.

i've never bought from him before, but i would regardless of all this.

people are people, and fuck up. usually by no fault of their own. i'm not totally sticking up for the guy but look at the bigger picture.

i think this thread should be deleted. it's not a good look for your forum.

This is written in exactly the same style as Nitty Gritty's post at Waxidermy. Wasn't Nitty Gritty known here under a different name before he was booted?

Plus the guy spelled realize with an 's'. Bet he's Canadian.

i'm british. you on the other hand are paranoid.

• his life is probably ruined now.

if you're suggesting his life is ruined because of this thread that's just fucking hilarious.

not because of this thread, but considering that dealing records is his primary source of income and that he has had some drug problems lately, can you imagine how easy would it be to just dig a deeper mess? i mean look, somebody has already sabotaged his last auction probably because of this.

• tsmtsm 16 Posts

somehow you've missed the 500 other times it's been pointed out that he has still posted in other forums. it's not like he's too caught up in real world shit to get to a computer...
    somehow you missed this..

He also mentioned he can't browse soulstrut because it crashes his browser.

i can rarely get on this forum myself. i don't know why but it;s always hit and miss weather i can load it up. he may be lying though. i don't care.

• 8/31/06

I've met K and he's good people. This issue concerns me not becuase of the $, but becuase it suggests that he is in some kind of trouble.

you seem pretty proud that you were right.

• Wow, this shit has gotten out of control. I think we should dead this thread as it only makes things worse for Kevin AND for the people who lost their money and are trying to get their money back. I know he's in real trouble now and i don't want him to dig himself an even deeper hole, so i'll give him some more time to clear this up.

• You can totally forget me showing you the trick with the Amazing Rhythm Aces LP.

Now wait a minute, I'm the one that needs to know the trick.
    I don't think James really cares about such things - he's too busy
    organizing his cassingles by hi-top fade height.
    And bragging about cassingle-only Dubstrumentals.
    And switching out worn or pockmarked cassingle covers for fresh
    ones, on floors, in shoeboxes in thrift stores that smell like
    cheese-and-Clorox sandwiches.

I have produced holograms with reversed Gary Numan records and
    reduced room humidity with an audiophile pressing of "Different Trains".

TOUCAN DO IT TOO:

Let's check the tracklisting:

1. Never Been To The Islands (Howard and Hugh's Blues)

Well, I was going to list all the songs on the album, but I think
    we've all heard enough to make a decision.

Don't punish the whole class just because one clown peed in his shoe.

• Boscoe?

• i am not writing this post to diss k. but i am a little confused now.

k. has owned up to this CURRENT meltdown, and is promising to send records back (which i believe he'll do) BUT, and a big but here, what about the meltdowns he's had about 2 years ago when he claimed a record i sent him never reached him? will he own up to that? now that i know he messes with drugs it is clear to me that he lied about not recieving the record. will he own up to this one? he not only took my trade record (valued at $300) but he then forced me to replace the "missing" record with more trades that added up to a similar value. all in all he took ME, MY BROTHER, AND MY PARTNER in that episode for $600. will we get that back K?

i personally know of 2 others who were ripped off around that same time.

i know K. is ferris bueller on this board, and he is good friends of good friends of mine, but i can't sleep knowing he ripped me off.

let's talk about this one K., i won't hold it against you if you can make it right.

• somehow you've missed the 500 other times it's been pointed out that he has still posted in other forums. it's not like he's too caught up in real world shit to get to a computer...
    somehow you missed this..

He also mentioned he can't browse soulstrut because it crashes his browser.

i can rarely get on this forum myself. i don't know why but it;s always hit and miss weather i can load it up. he may be lying though. i don't care.

i guess you didn't read what i was responding to? i don't know if SS legitimately crashes his comp or not, my point was to act like he's got some crazy real world shit going on is ridiculous when he's selling on ebay and posting on other boards. why is this difficult to comprehend?

• you guys...

i find it really hard to beleive that some of you are defending this kind of behavior with this K dude. i also find it hard to beleive that some of you think you are going to get your records or your money back.

the history of trading records is full of stories like this. it happens all the time. buy your records from craig morer or something. at least you know your gonna get what you paid for.

ap

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    No one here assasinated K's character.

He committed character suicide.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    now that i know he messes with drugs it is clear to me that he lied about not recieving the record.

Here we go...

PEOPLE, WE DON'T KNOW SHIT. Nothing has been confirmed here other than dude smokes weed so let's sekkle down a bit, shall we? I understand you're upset, but take it up with the dude. *

In no way am I condoning what's going on here, but it's crazy how fools will take some unsubstantiated accusations on a message board as gospel.

None of us know wtf is going on.

* there's new graemlins!

• before you delete this thread or give homie a pass, let me point out again, my problem with k began around 2000. for years he's lied about not receiving a record or cash in the mail, graded poorly and sent records when and if he feels like it.

if you're hurting to give someone a pass, give it to indiana_funk. i know for a fact he suffered an emotional crisis a while back that affected his trading. no pass, however, for someone who calls a guy a nigger on this board and is still allowed on here.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    before you delete this thread or give homie a pass, let me point out again, my problem with k began around 2000. for years he's lied about not receiving a record or cash in the mail, graded poorly and sent records when and if he feels like it.

if you're hurting to give someone a pass, give it to indiana_funk. i know for a fact he suffered an emotional crisis a while back that affected his trading. no pass, however, for someone who calls a guy a nigger on this board and is still allowed on here.

[i]buhbuhbuhbutwaititgetsworse![i]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    before you delete this thread or give homie a pass, let me point out again, my problem with k began around 2000. for years he's lied about not receiving a record or cash in the mail, graded poorly and sent records when and if he feels like it.

Kev said that on here?

Also.. Did Kev do all those thing in one shot to you? Or over the course of a period of time? If so, why did you continue to deal with him?