More K in Canada Related, Problems

Comments

• I recieved some current contact info and emailed K, but he's yet to reply to my emails. The situation is looking far worse than I initally thought. I'm sorry to everyone who's friends with the guy, my friends included, but seriously......let's look at the facts. He's selling under another ebay name when he owes so many of us valuable records. He can accept emails to his new addy, but doesn't reply. He still has access to computers and a post office, but nothing is sent. I mean, he obviously must know what he is doing is wrong. He also has plenty of money, from us, for sending out the records. I don't think random emails or phone calls are gonna cut it but something MUST be done....more than just a soulstrut discussion about the problem.

• if it's just Soulstrut that won't work for him, why doesn't someone make a thread on Blood and Fire and see what he says?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I recieved some current contact info and emailed K, but he's yet to reply to my emails. The situation is looking far worse than I initally thought. I'm sorry to everyone who's friends with the guy, my friends included, but seriously......let's look at the facts. He's selling under another ebay name when he owes so many of us valuable records. He can accept emails to his new addy, but doesn't reply? He still has access to computers and a post office, but nothing is sent? I mean, he obviously must know what he is doing is wrong. He also has plenty of money, from us, for sending out the records. I don't think random emails or phone calls are gonna cut it but something MUST be done....more than just a soulstrut discussion about the problem.

I just don't understand why he would continue to use soufriere1. When burning people, you don't go around as business per usual right? Using the same username.

• if it's just Soulstrut that won't work for him, why doesn't someone make a thread on Blood and Fire and see what he says?

I'm gonna make a user name and PM him there. I know it probably won't make a difference, but your right in that it's something to try.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    SUCH A VERY VERY VERY BAD LOOK.

• However, posting pictures of the 'giant Goodwill score' might quell some of the strong emotions flying around.

he said he fried his camera by inserting batteries the wrong way before he was able to take photos of them. and yet the camera seems to work fine for the recent ebay listings. seriously this is lame. if he ever shows up here again i would be really surprised.

i don't understand why people post fake finds. but then again i am disconnected from the record "game"

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    there's more than one way to handle these types of situations:

blast from the past

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i don't understand why people post fake finds. but then again i am disconnected from the record "game"

Well, in his case (if the finds really were fake), I would guess he was laying the groundwork for an extended scam--the "finds" would shortly appear on eBay.

• i don't understand why people post fake finds. but then again i am disconnected from the record "game"

Sounds like you just don't know the joy of [color:white]fictionally [/color]finding $10,000 of records at once.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    if it's just Soulstrut that won't work for him, why doesn't someone make a thread on Blood and Fire and see what he says?

You realize this means war?

Sounds like you just don't know the joy of [color:white]fictionally [/color]finding $10,000 of records at once.

There are those of us who are motivated by family, friends, professional satisfaction, things of beauty, interesting ideas, etc.

And then there are those of us who are motivated by the sensation of being jocked by even littler dudes.

• there's more than one way to handle these types of situations:

blast from the past
    I honestly thought dude was gonna catch a beat down over those chargebacks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Here's one for all you conspiracy theorists out there.....

If you go check K's very last post here you'll see it was "edited by Drewn" ??

What is that all about???

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Well, in his case (if the finds really were fake), I would guess he was laying the groundwork for an extended scam--the "finds" would shortly appear on eBay.

I'm almost positive his finds were not faked. I have no clue about the whole goodwill deal. But for the finds... Kev is one of the hardest diggers I've ever met. His game is well known in this city.

I'm almost positive his finds were not faked. I have no clue about the whole goodwill deal. But for the finds... Kev is one of the hardest diggers I've ever met. His game is well known in this city.

I have no reason to doubt any of that--I don't think anyone has suggested that any of his pulls other than the goodwill psych score were faked.

• Here's one for all you conspiracy theorists out there.....

Drewn probably edited his mega-sized pictures.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Definitely the case.

• there's more than one way to handle these types of situations:

blast from the past

and yet...nothing happened? Is that right? Dudes need to be taught a lesson...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    there's more than one way to handle these types of situations:

blast from the past

sometimes that's all it takes to make folls come clean.

Definitely the case.

Don't lie, drewn: you edited in pictures of records that K did not actually find in order to set him up for subsequent accusations of faking finds!

I think the true culprit has been identified.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Definitely the case.
    Gotcha

• insult
    injury
    totalsoundz bidding winning buying as well
    i'm visiting in person
    you ready K?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    And what about that mega-find of K in the middle of some wood? There were pictures then. I even remember some MacIntosh amps pics.
    I fear somewhere in Canada a record collectro body is floating on a lake....

• iconicon 86 Posts

I swear, something weird IS going on with Canadian sellers. I won a $39.99 RAMP (different person I think) from a seller in Canada and neglected to check out his most recent feedback. My bad. I paid $8 for shipping and the kid sent it GROUND. Three plus weeks later - no record. To his credit, he's been responsive to my emails, but that doesn't mean shit really if the postman don't show up:

"...this might take a while as I have been told in recent weeks. Some Clients have been complaining about the long wait. Surface mail can take awhile."

No shit, huh?

I'm like dag hoemeee, how much extra would I have had to slide you for air mail??

I check his feedback every day to see if other folks have received their packages from that round of auctions. The most recent one was another negative.

Guess I'm just riding this one out...

So can anyone confirm or deny that mr.vp2005 is not k aka soulfriere aka totalsoundz?

Drewn, can you check your won auction and see if the picture matches up with the picture of the Ramp record sold in the totalsoundz auction. If it's not that important for him to at least change usernames from board to board, maybe he's using the same pics too.

Very suspect that 2 sellers in Toronto are selling Ramp records for $39.99, but maybe that's the conspiracy theorist in me.

• Thats a fucking disgrace what he's doing carrying under a new alias....

I'd like to see how many records he sell's under his new alias, I've already started the "smear" campaign....

And

• the chargeback dude, ravi padiyar, paid me every cent including the chargeback fee and postage but only after i made the real world connection. i am all for giving the benefit of the doubt but on the other hand in my former line of work i dealt with alot of deadbeats and liars and its not hard to tell something very funky is going on with our man in canada. the only reasonable possibility i can think of is that he has been kidnapped or killed or that he has some bikers on his ass and needed to raise quick cash at all costs.

i have never been burned by him and i always liked his posts but seriously...be a man and face up to this shit or at least have the balls to tell the people you ripped off to go fuck themselves. this is the worst look ever on soulstrut.

• nevermind i found it

• I'm not trying to defend Kev here. I'm baffled by this. Like it's been said, dude is many times in super slow chill mode.

Of the 14 negative feedbacks. 12 are coming from one dude, who posts here. Are the other 2 guys on here also?

the_average_man

Did Kev & you have some side business going on? Cause you mention $600, but I only see $300 of ebay purchases.

We're you able to do charge backs on that 300? Or is that long passed?

soz just noticed this post. I had 2 batches on off him on ebay each approx $300 so I just paid the invoice for one and added the remaining amount onto that invoice. So he kept me hanging on until too much time had past on the first batch so I couldn't claim any money back or get assistance from ebay or paypal same with the second lot....

He said he'd sent it and put the return address as his grandmother's, where I gathe rhe doesn't live at. Well unbeknownst to him the packages were overweight and were returned to this address and were left there for ages (hence the time dragging on) when I give him an ear bashing about it he says he didn't know this had happened and would get them re-shipped and that was the last I heard from cunt features apart from a couple of "they should be there this week" emails/PM's

He did explain that his ebay, paypal and email accounts were hacked though, but this was after he'd sent them the second time...........???

Also how do you do a charge back?

And

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

I've already started the "smear" campaign....

And

best use of ever? Yes.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i am baffled as to why dude would throw away an ebay business/ soul strut reputation like that

he spent years to build it and now what?
    seems strange