More K in Canada Related, Problems

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    i am baffled as to why dude would throw away an ebay business/ soul strut reputation like that

he spent years to build it and now what?
    seems strange

Can someone please put "Soulstrut Reputation" into a dollar amount for me.....I'm gonna leave mine to my kids in my will.

• I'm baffled by this. Like it's been said, dude is many times in super slow chill mode.

In my experience these types of dudes are usually the most irresponsible.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i am baffled as to why dude would throw away an ebay business/ soul strut reputation like that

seems strange

given the best case scenario he is walking away with how much money?

$5,000?

$10,000?

$20,000? (no way)

But, even the best possible amount is not worth it in the long run?

This is so fucking insane.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I swear, something weird IS going on with Canadian sellers. I won a $39.99 RAMP (different person I think) from a seller in Canada and neglected to check out his most recent feedback. My bad. I paid $8 for shipping and the kid sent it GROUND. Three plus weeks later - no record. To his credit, he's been responsive to my emails, but that doesn't mean shit really if the postman don't show up:

"...this might take a while as I have been told in recent weeks. Some Clients have been complaining about the long wait. Surface mail can take awhile."

No shit, huh?

I'm like dag hoemeee, how much extra would I have had to slide you for air mail??

I check his feedback every day to see if other folks have received their packages from that round of auctions. The most recent one was another negative.

Guess I'm just riding this one out...

So can anyone confirm or deny that mr.vp2005 is not k aka soulfriere aka totalsoundz?

Drewn, can you check your won auction and see if the picture matches up with the picture of the Ramp record sold in the totalsoundz auction. If it's not that important for him to at least change usernames from board to board, maybe he's using the same pics too.

Very suspect that 2 sellers in Toronto are selling Ramp records for $39.99, but maybe that's the conspiracy theorist in me.

I've confident that it's a different person. And the auction style is completely different.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    cunt features

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

seems strange

Can someone please put "Soulstrut Reputation" into a dollar amount for me.....

like the saying goes: "if you have to ask..." but really SS rep shouldn't be discounted.. it goes a loooong way when hustling via ebay.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

seems strange

Can someone please put "Soulstrut Reputation" into a dollar amount for me.....I'm gonna leave mine to my kids in my will.

easy

[weekendfinds(Nposts + Regdate)/ReynaldoPMs] + 2(%facemelt - CTI)= SSRep(US$)

I calculated mine and it's $85.62

• iconicon 86 Posts

easy

That's worth (Pi - 1) Ramps from apparently several Toronto sellers.

• i am baffled as to why dude would throw away an ebay business/ soul strut reputation like that

seems strange

easy

I just ca$hed in my SS rep

• where is that popcorn munchin' graemlin? this could be the most intriguing thread in my short time here...

• My experience with Kevin has been extremely limited. I will say he was extremely kind enough to send me clips of several records he thought I would be interested in via soulstrut pm. All his selection were incredible and right up my alley, complete with great histroy/backgrounds on each record. He also answered all my questions via PM promptly. I thank him for taking his time out like that to cater to my tastes, and answer all my questions like that.

So I was about to buy about 3 of the records off of him (easily several hundred dollars worth), but changed my mind last second. I felt bad after the work Kevin had put in, but there were plenty of stories floating around regarding his late shipping, and checking his e-bay feedback pretty much sealed the deal for me.

IMO, when you drop that kind of money on a couple of records, you want reliable service in return. So while he may be a great guy and have a sick selection, he at least needs to know his reputation as far as shipping reliability is affecting his business, with me at least. It's too bad, a couple of the records he was offering me left me fiending.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Another little tidbit, I was randomly browsing Ebay and saw an item of interest from
    a new seller totalsoundz. The Pics and descriptions looked really similar to
    12highpockets, K's old seller ID. So I email dude to see if it was him and to
    see what the deal was. People were really salivating over the Goodwill story at
    this point and were jonesing for Pics. He gave me the line about comp. problems etc.
    Then he asks "How did you know it was me?".
    Looking back it seems pretty
    Like maybe he thought no one would notice?!
    I attempted to contact him and let him know about all the
    hubbub on SS and he hasn't replied.

Here's my theory he probably overextended himself some
    how, got behind and dug himself deeper and deeper until...
    We have the MIA issues that this thread is about....
    Come clean and make it right.
    Everybody makes mistakes.
    A stand up guy admits it and gets his house back in order.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    if kevin IS paying attention... holler at me at [email]vinylarc@hotmail.com[/email]

i want to buy that lil bob LP from you since you didnt sell it.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

OOOOOOOH SNAAAAAAP!
    That's the illest move ever!
    Who done it?
    Come on fess up!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

OOOOOOOH SNAAAAAAP!
    Who done it?
    Come on fess up!

wow

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

OOOOOOOH SNAAAAAAP!
    Who done it?
    Come on fess up!

all I can say is:

• we need a cold blooded graemlin.

(actually he'll just file an unpaying bidder report and hit up the 2nd highest bidder, but still that's funny)

• almost sprayed beer on the computer...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm assuming dude tried some rock or meth or something and got completely derailed...

• almost sprayed beer on the computer...

cold_bidder_for_cheesy_fall_back_to_cananda_son(0)?

• wow, what a strange scene. sounds like maybe he got himself in some kind of trouble with debt or something...i've never traded with him or bought anything from him, but i did have a strange experience in toronto last year where we were supposed to meet up at some record store or another and we talked on the phone like four times up till the appointed hour and he just never showed or called again and we never spoke after that....it was pretty weird: we'd spoken about five minutes before i got to the store, they knew him there, then...nothing. oh, that and a sort of haughty pm response to a record query a few months ago...but i've heard nothing but goodness from those who've met him.

hmmm.

m

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'm more intriqued that he plays down the instro
    side as if it were the E. Rodney Jones side people want

Maybe it was sarcasm?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

almost sprayed beer on the computer...

cold_bidder_for_cheesy_fall_back_to_cananda_son(0)?

lol
    too much herb???
    lol

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Post his phone number. People should be callin' that dude 24/7 till he comes on here. For real. Who's done the resarch. Ya'll should hire a P.I. to spy on him.

• we need a cold blooded graemlin.

(actually he'll just file an unpaying bidder report and hit up the 2nd highest bidder, but still that's funny)

What if I tell all his bidders about this thread....?

(which I had already done, second highest bidder is now no longer interested in the record)

• Post his phone number. People should be callin' that dude 24/7 till he comes on here. For real. Who's done the resarch. Ya'll should hire a P.I. to spy on him.

He's sent me his new number, hopefully there will be an explantion and solution today.

• I gotta say, whatever the circumstance (which I am sure is heavy, given all this crap) I think it is bullshit that K. has allowed is own rep to get tarnished by an inability to keep on top of his game. I know dood personally, on some real world shit... and if anyone were to ask me for a charater reference, I would say he is a top shelf dood everytime. I personally find it disappointing and a bit maddening reading all of this shit.

I would like to know what is going on here. heavy family shit? doods crib got robbed and he is buying time trying to dig his way out? drug shit? I wouldn't give a care really, but dood has done a lot for me in the past, way above and beyond the call of duty, and I really can't see him fucking over a buch of doods for a short term bid hustle.

K. You need to bump an explaination here....
    ps: Call on your frieinds If you need.... you know where they are at.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This e-mail just came in anonymously:

I'm sorry to be the one to tell everyone this, but those of you who have been ripped off by Kevin Laverty (K. from Canada) will not be seeing your records or money anytime soon. Kevin has had a lot of problems with theft and drugs for some time. He has smoked crack for years and has stolen from all of his employers. This is why a dude of his knowledge is not working in a store - you just can't trust him.

His recent 'Goodwill' find is bogus. He has also been posting fake weekend finds for years. Most of the records he finds are in really shitty condition, and he sells them all as VG+ and above. Mainly he just keeps the money and when asked by PayPal to send proof of shipment, he'll send a postcard with a tracking number on it. I used to buy records from him when he worked at Cosmos, but this was before he was fired for being a rock-star and for holding 3 a.m. parties in the store for all his friends.

Chalk up another lost soul to crack cocaine.