urban pet peeves

Comments

• Some other big ones we've missed:

Poverty
    segregation
    crime
    police

Most folks wait until they're in their late 20s to hit the phase where they still hate cops, but worry about crime. Guess you're ahead of the curve.

• Oh damn so on point, urban bike culture is insufferable...dudes who show up to parties looking scruffy with their jeans rolled up wearing messenger bags and ranger caps, gtfoohwtbs. I don't care how practical it is, you look like a hipster doofus.

Someone should make a graemlin of kramer saying 'hipster doofus.'

don't fuck with bike messengers.

fuck with people who cop the look who aren't messengers.

thank you.

that is all.

i beg to differ. my mailman performs the same function as bike messengers, albeit more efficiently, yet he doesnt feel the need to "send a message" with the shit he wears. get these dudes a blue uniform and a reality check. your part of the system if your delivering packages to BUSINESSES. take that hipster shit to urban outfitters where they appreciate it.

I have no problem with bike messengers per se...but, I give the ice grill when they start breaking the law and almost cause accidents to prove how 'hard' they are. fuck that. i take my bicycle etiquette seriously.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• bullshit.

your fucking mailman doesn't ride a bike at high speeds in all types of weather.

bike messengers wear layers because it keeps them warm when it's cold, without making them overheat. it's no message, it's way to feel comfortable when you work in extreme conditions. the hat keeps sweat out of your eyes. the layered clothes keep you comfortable.

i hear you, but i'm talking about a totally different breed of bike messengers. these dudes aren't dressing for comfort. i'd draw you a picture if i could.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Panhandlers

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    GENTRIFICATION

MINORITIES

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    GENTRIFICATION

MINORITIES
    VICE MAG-STYLE "IRONY"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    GENTRIFICATION

MINORITIES
    VICE MAG-STYLE "IRONY"

I'M STRICTLY ADBUSTERS WITH MINES

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    oh and another one

People who complain about being in the city - if you don't like it get the fuck on out. I really don't need your car in my way, or your attitude.

Find yourself a comfy home out in the country and grumble in peace

• oh and another one

People who complain about being in the city - if you don't like it get the fuck on out. I really don't need your car in my way, or your attitude.

Yes. Give up the ghost, and go join your people in the 'burbs. They're waiting...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Panhandlers who want to talk religion to me.

word. hippy dude asked me the other day if I was "into the Bible."

I'm like, "the first half is cool."

• billboards.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    oh and another one

What I can't stand even more is people that rave about other countries, like "Germany is soooo amazing, the have have the best this...and..that, there music is sooooo awesome and the food is the best". If it's so great why do you live here?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• oh and another one

What I can't stand even more is people that rave about other countries, like "Germany is soooo amazing, the have have the best this...and..that, there music is sooooo awesome and the food is the best". If it's so great why do you live here?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These colors don't run, boyyyyyy.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    people pretending not to see you when their cars and yours get at the same time to an intersection so they won't have to stop. I will buy a car #2 so I can start to crash these motherfuckers all day long.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    People who blow their car horns to get you to accelerate faster when the light has just turned green.

People who make illegal u turns that cant make the turn in one lock of the steering,that ends up in creating a backup of traffic,this is the reason it's illegal bumbofuckin'rassclaat ediaat unuh!!![/b]

• my pet peeve: dudes who were herbs in their early 20s when everyone was partying and hanging out and getting into shit, linking up with other herbs from that same era only 8 years later, all becoming trendy DJs and at 30 years of age running around like 22 year olds throwing parties populated strictly by their ex-herbish friends, acting tough and trying to relive the years that they were herbs and never had no props, no friends, no chicks, or no life.

GUESS WHAT FOLKS YOU'RE STILL HERBS. JUST OLDER.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    sneaker faggots who greet you and immediately look at your feetds

Yeah! Like you're in some sort of secret club! "Yeah, i got nikes too, motherfucker, don't look at me like I'm your child hood buddy!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    my pet peeve: dudes who were herbs in their early 20s when everyone was partying and hanging out and getting into shit, linking up with other herbs from that same era only 8 years later, all becoming trendy DJs and at 30 years of age running around like 22 year olds throwing parties populated strictly by their ex-herbish friends, acting tough and trying to relive the years that they were herbs and never had no props, no friends, no chicks, or no life.

GUESS WHAT FOLKS YOU'RE STILL HERBS. JUST OLDER.

Jonny......not that I'm any kind of Marketing genius or anything....but doesn't that describe at least some percentage of your customers???

As retribution you should run an "Old Herb 4% Off Sale"

• sneaker faggots who greet you and immediately look at your feetds

Yeah! Like you're in some sort of secret club! "Yeah, i got nikes too, motherfucker, don't look at me like I'm your child hood buddy!"

well it's more like i don't need some 16 year old "OG" to give me either approving or disapproving looks because of my shoes, but i appear to be alone in my sensitivity to this ...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    johnny why you gotta put me on blast like that

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    People who blow their car horns to get you to accelerate faster when the light has just turned green.

People who make illegal u turns that cant make the turn in one lock of the steering,that ends up in creating a backup of traffic,this is the reason it's illegal bumbofuckin'rassclaat ediaat unuh!!![/b]

Be it city, suburb or any paved road both these things are annoying as hell. Growing up my dad would use that horn like thirsty people use water.

Straight up a car horn is not a taskmaster whip shit ain't really designed to make you move faster

Yeah it's just agressive bullshit driving, trying to intimidate the person in front of you, what's worse is when people just drive right up your fucking arse, makes you wanna slam the breaks on and make them smash right into your backside

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    When I get off the subway and the escalator is broken or some shit. It always seems like it's the one going up. Yet all the muthaphuckin' ones going down are fine.

Bitch... Always make the one thats going up work. Seeing lil old ladies walking up two flights of stairs while 100 people are trying to pass her drives me crazy.

• i have no complaints.
    peace, stein. . .

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Panhandlers that sit in front of my bank or any place I have to go to on a regular basis. I see them every single day and won't give them any money because then they'll have you pegged.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    People that use poverty as some kind of badge of honor. Knew a girl that claimed she was homeless when, in reality, she crashed on her parents couch.

Hipster that are broke because they will only work at cool jobs. Trader Joe's, coffee shops, record stores, etc. Learn to type and get a fucking office job.

Mechcanical stairs in genral are a piece of shit! can't walk up stairs or a ramp! need electricity to move! Slack mofo's get off your chairs. fuck your airconditioning! ipods? what a joke! Jews! they hate everyone and everyone hates them! go figure! what's the deal with 5 pager nrrs!? have to click on the little numbers and shit! who can see those numbers?! women wearing pants?! what's with that, they already got skirts, dresses, all that shit. why don't men get more variations? all we got is shorts and pants (jeans can be considered pants in this case).

Bums in general! who gave you the right to be homeless when i have to go to work and earn lots of money and live in a house with a beautiful girlfriend! why can't i be a bum and have no job and have tomato sauce on my dick hanging out of my kilt! life would be so easy if you were a pan handler! This shit just aint fair!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Did you just recently stop medication or something?