urban pet peeves

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Related to the escalator, in airports clueless mofos on the moving sidewalks just standing there with all their luggage. The thing is supposed to help you WALK faster, you lazy dumb f**k, not move for you while you stand there! Move it!

Please no more talk of escalator's or moving sidewalks there was a 5-pager on this about 2-3 weeks ago.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Please no more talk of escalator's or moving sidewalks there was a 5-pager on this about 2-3 weeks ago.

Then how about a Dan Hartman thread?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah Deej, you still use that shit. Cmon - modernize.
    I think referring to women as "fine" needs to come back for real though.
    'Hot' is overused.
    People still use Fine - at least in the LOCAL BLACK EXP.

But that s another thread - Back To The HAYT

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Huge periods waiting for trains/busses to arrive because goddamn public transportation is underfunded and of poor quality.

• people who break out the fuckin parasol when it rains .. i mean new york sidewalks are really not that wide and i swear one day i'm gonna lose an eye on one of those little metal things that stick out

also
    white, mediterranean, balkan, indian, asian, etc., kids who call each other 'nigga' (big problem in my hood)
    sneaker faggots who greet you and immediately look at your feet
    young investment banker assholes who have a company messenger bag (oooh you work for bear stearns, all the strangers on the train are impressed! fuck you)
    downtown retail lifers
    also people in the city have really bad cell phone etiquette sometimes, i swear to god this lady on the train the other day was in one of those "i love, you, no, i love you MORE, no I love YOU more!!!" conversations, it was everythign i had to not tell her to just shut the fuck up
    oh god and the worst is people who just let their little kids do whatever. just run around and make all sorts of noise and fuck shit up. i was shooting baskets and this dude's little daughter came up to me and starts fucking with me, pulling my shorts down and grabbing my booty and shit, i mean she was only like 3 years old but this dude couldn't even be bothered .. i told her to bounce but she wasnt having any of it, people really need to mind their kids

• people who are working for charities and get paid on commission. the ones who stand outside my office building and don't let me walk by without a daily "hey man, can i talk to you for a second."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    People who get on the bus to ask the driver where it's going. What do they think the map posted at the stop is for?

People who ask me--and this has happened three times this month--where a very specific address is, like "Excuse me, do you know where 850 Broadway is?" Uh, you wanna maybe give me a cross-street?

• people who are working for charities and get paid on commission. the ones who stand outside my office building and don't let me walk by without a daily "hey man, can i talk to you for a second."

but it's for the CHILDREN mayn !

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    people who are working for charities and get paid on commission. the ones who stand outside my office building and don't let me walk by without a daily "hey man, can i talk to you for a second."

Oof I hate these motherfuckers.
    There are some right on michigan ave. every day in red shirts and the worst part is when you say 'no' they start laying in this guilt trip on you, like i don't know that they're glorified fucking beggars.

• sneaker faggots who greet you and immediately look at your feet

haha. yes! there is definitely something gay about another man staring approvingly at your shoes. me, you and about 2 billion other people in the world wear nike sneakers.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    people really need to mind their kids

Couldn't agree more. Then they coming back crying when their kid gets obducted.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    People who get on the bus to ask the driver where it's going. What do they think the map posted at the stop is for?
    Isn't catching the bus completely against the grown and sexy lifestyle?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    People who all of a suddee stop while walking and fuck uo the flow of traffic not paying any attention to the fact that its hundreds of other people on the sidewalk besides them.

People who throw cigarrette butts out of the window while driving. You smoked that shit in your car put it in the damn ash tray and another thing roll your damn window up so you can expreience the total effect.

Woman at grocery stores on cell phones all up inside the freezer holding up other people while they are talking about nonsense.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Panhandling urban kids thinking they're clever by holding a clipboard with some obviously photocopied-a-thousand-times non-existent youth group fundraiser form and a fake student ID mumbling quickly about a "donation."
    At least try to sell me a waxy-tasting fundraiser candy bar for a $1 or something. You think folks are that stupid? Goddamn...

sneaker faggots who greet you and immediately look at your feet

haha. yes! there is definitely something gay about another man staring approvingly at your shoes. me, you and about 2 billion other people in the world wear nike sneakers.

Ill have to defend this practice. I wont check your kicks at first but I'll get around to it. Shit is ingrained HipHOp shit.

Cats who lay out 500 bootleg dvd in the subway/street. WTF - your just causing a bottleneck.

The free newspaper standing bins, for local papers that nobody fuckin reads. They hardly get replenished and they eventually become trash receptacles. Across the street from me there's 5 of these mofo, all nasty lookin', w/ Yankee fan trash hanging out. Get rid of these things already!!!!!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Panhandlers wanting to shake my hand.

• people who disrupt your daily food rituals.

90% of the people at dunkin donuts/starbuck at 8:55 am are like machines ordering their coffee. however, there is that annoying 10% who just came in off the street and wanna hold up the line while they order a fucking banaberry smoothie or some weird food item at starbucks that the cashier hasn't rung up in six months.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

I got accosted in NYC a couple of weeks ago by a college kid with a clipboard practically *challenging* me to sponsor a child. It was legit but it was the most aggressive volunteer action I'd ever seen.
    "Care to sponsor a starving child?"
    "Not right now..."
    "Why not?!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I got accosted in NYC a couple of weeks ago by a college kid with a clipboard practically *challenging* me to sponsor a child. It was legit but it was the most aggressive volunteer action I'd ever seen.
    "Not right now..."
    "Why not?!"
    Yeah this is what I was talking about. I'm like "i can't afford it" and they're like "You can't cut out that one cup of coffee a day?" and I had to shut it down, like what the fuck am I going to talk about my personal finances with you? Get the fuck out of here.

Glorified panhandlers.
    I'd rather give the money to a not-legit dude out to score some smack at this pt.

Panhandlers yelling after me once I've already passed that they need to talk to me. Let me get this straight--you want me to turn around and walk back to where you are so you can ask me for money? If you're going to hit me up, you need to at least keep pace with me.

Matter of fact anybody I don't know that "needs to talk to me" or "just wants to ask me a question". If you want money, just ask for it and I'll consider giving it to you. But if you insult my intelligence with such a blatant effort to waste my time, it's not happening.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    people who disrupt your daily food rituals.

90% of the people at dunkin donuts/starbuck at 8:55 am are like machines ordering their coffee. however, there is that annoying 10% who just came in off the street and wanna hold up the line while they order a fucking banaberry smoothie or some weird food item at starbucks that the cashier hasn't rung up in six months.

Haha, that sucks soooo much, I usually just leave (there's a billion coffee shops around my work). I'm a full on robot when ordering coffee "Medium, Medium", such a repetative life!

"Not right now..."
    "Why not?!"

I play like im deaf - fake sign language and all. They back off real quicklike. Then I start laughin' out loud when Im past em.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Matter of fact anybody I don't know that "needs to talk to me" or "just wants to ask me a question". If you want money, just ask for it and I'll consider giving it to you. But if you insult my intelligence with such a blatant effort to waste my time, it's not happening.

I tell these people to fuck right off! I hate when they're all "I'm stuck here in the city because I lost my wallet, could you spare bus fare so I can go home to my dying wife and 3 retarded children", another one I laughed at was this "could you spare some cash sir?" (in Canada $5 is the smallest bill) the word your looking for is change tit head.

Panhandlers yelling after me once I've already passed that they need to talk to me. Let me get this straight--you want me to turn around and walk back to where you are so you can ask me for money? If you're going to hit me up, you need to at least keep pace with me.

Panhandlers who want to talk religion to me. You need to be giving me money to get me to stand still for that.

• people who disrupt your daily food rituals.

Haha, that sucks soooo much, I usually just leave (there's a billion coffee shops around my work). I'm a full on robot when ordering coffee "Medium, Medium", such a repetative life!

i wish i had that luxury. the dunkin donuts and starbucks are seconds from my office, but also right next to a major hotel. it kills me when families will come in, sometimes in their pajamas, and order a full breakfast. meanwhile, the entire place is filled with business folks who are solely ordering coffee. its like the rest of the menu only exists for tourists.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I deal w panhandlers so regularly cuz my job is near Chicago's panhandler central, right near chinatown and the Ickes.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    1.Homeless crackheads who get on the bus with no fare and then when they get denied by the driver they stand there and refuse to get off the buss until some idiot pays for them all the while the whole bus is waiting to move on ward.
    FUCK YOU DRUNKEN/CRACKHEAD!

2.Lazy, attitude ridden, bus drivers who hate their jobs and themselves. (just kill yourself already if it's that bad!)

3.Naive out of towners who give $$$ to panhandlers.

4.Transplants who move to the city to live out their little false urban fantasies. (Art School Douchbags, Hip Hop Clowns)

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    in their pajamas

OMG! haha

Oh I almost forgot, there's this "trendy" coffee shop near my house that I go to all the time (good coffee), but the service is soooooo thumbs down. I go in there once and nobody is in line except one dude that is chatting up they cashier, so I patiently wait for 4-5 minutes before I lose it! WTF step aside you stupid lazy asshole. Shame on the cashier for not asking to take my order! So not right, that made me so mad, if I feel someone behind me is in a rush (or if there's a large line-up) I always try and make it quick.

people who disrupt your daily food rituals.

i wish i had that luxury. the dunkin donuts and starbucks are seconds from my office, but also right next to a major hotel. it kills me when families will come in, sometimes in their pajamas, and order a full breakfast. meanwhile, the entire place is filled with business folks who are solely ordering coffee. its like the rest of the menu only exists for tourists.

That's hilarious... when I was in college it used to bug me out when girls that lived on campus would come to morning classes in what appeared to be their pajamas. Like it somehow doesn't count because it's an 8:30 class. More of a noticable problem with women, since a lot of frat guy types that may have been guilty of it basically dressed that way anyway.