Raer Mixtapes

Comments

• What's that Terminator X mixtape like?

Hey Enki - its basically a mega PE mix of their early stuff (i.e pre Muse Sick-n-Hour Mess Age), Terminator gets on the cut a lil as well, but he's not in the small ballpark as ISP, beat junkie type cats

I remember being kinda pissed after I copped it cause its just a plain 60 minute blank tape, but thats the way it was being done back then ha ha

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    what is the title of the the sinista mix at the top, or how does it begin?

It's just called "DJ...Mista...Sinista" on the side. It starts with an MC Serch intro, then goes into "Here is where your love is (prelude)," "The Reel Ku-koo," "Eyes May Shine," etc...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    A little late, but here's some of mine (including dubs, what up cas!)

hmm any chance to get a rip of that preem mixed penalty records tape?

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    does anyone have a copy of Return of the DJ, Vol. 3 that thay cood up? my copy broke long ago

here is babus comprehension ..its a rar archive so yall need winrar

njoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/28163187/Dj_Babu_-_Comprehension_Mixtape.rar

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    I downloaded a grip of old mixtapes here : http://masscorporation.blogspot.com/

A goldmine. Thanks for the link.

Now I can go back and forth between Stretch Armstrong's blog and this one.

what's with the encrypted rar files and need for a password to listen?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    the password is the name of the blog. Don't ask me why, I'm just glad for the tapes.

so no one has some rips yet?
    im fiending for some dope mixtape madness. Especially some nice dj eclipse tapes

for starters: here is eclipses "coffe syrup" .. filled with some rawkus heat and other shit..the mixin is real nice as expected..njoy

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=1087Z6U9

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    dayummm, this thread makes me wish i didn't sell all my tapes a few years ago. i don't even have a tape player anymore.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I got Soulful Fruit at the crib (Who got that schitt on vinyl??)

Yeah, I got that. I got a Cash Money mixtape on vinyl as well (seems bizarre when you actually type "mixtape on vinyl").

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I rarely ever left the house in those days without the 2 tapes here at the top (roc raida and sinista):

Sinista was the funkiest fucker on the scratch. WTF is up to these days, anyone know?

That Sinista tape (top right) used to get serious bump. I remember copping that and Muro's first "King Of Diggin'" tape in Fat Beats early in 1998. I took the Muro into work one time, and a bunch of work colleagues all did dubs of it. One of them even did an Excel spreadsheet with the originals in one column and the joints that sampled them in another - this was in the days before the Sample FAQ, as it was known then. I don't think we ever completed it.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/r1r4yk

SURE ALOT OF HEADS HAVE THIS, BUT FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT.....

PRINCE PAUL CONFESSIONS OF A BEAT JUNKIE

ENJOY!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I rarely ever left the house in those days without the 2 tapes here at the top (roc raida and sinista):

Sinista was the funkiest fucker on the scratch. WTF is up to these days, anyone know?

That Sinista tape (top right) used to get serious bump. I remember copping that and Muro's first "King Of Diggin'" tape in Fat Beats early in 1998. I took the Muro into work one time, and a bunch of work colleagues all did dubs of it. One of them even did an Excel spreadsheet with the originals in one column and the joints that sampled them in another - this was in the days before the Sample FAQ, as it was known then. I don't think we ever completed it.
    I loved that Roc Raida mixtape. That used to get play on my Panasonic constantly.

i demand more!

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Ive got the Best of Biggie/Best of Biggie samples double tape. Anyone seen that?

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    what is the title of the the sinista mix at the top, or how does it begin?

It's just called "DJ...Mista...Sinista" on the side. It starts with an MC Serch intro, then goes into "Here is where your love is (prelude)," "The Reel Ku-koo," "Eyes May Shine," etc...

and it goes further with NO I.D. - the real weight
    i have it all the time untitled on cassette, finally i know what it is. thx for the info

• here is babus comprehension ..its a rar archive so yall need winrar

njoy!

Dude thank you for this.. but I am an idiot... How do I get and use a WINRAR

thankie

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    this is one of those threads that makes you re-evaluate things. All those thoughts of "i should just get rid of that box of tapes in the closet" have now turned into "I should step up my tape game."

• Yeah, the Nu Gruv shit has the stones throw label on it. I got to know Baby G from my days at Fat Beats..he was a buyer at a store in Dallas called Bill's Records and Tapes. He used to send me mad mixtapes that he did. An all around good cat!! You're right the body tricks were craze, and many don't know Q-Bert used to say that baby g was his real inspiration!
    amir

DJ Baby G's "Raw Deal" vols 1 and 2...

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Yeah, the Nu Gruv shit has the stones throw label on it. I got to know Baby G from my days at Fat Beats..he was a buyer at a store in Dallas called Bill's Records and Tapes. He used to send me mad mixtapes that he did. An all around good cat!! You're right the body tricks were craze, and many don't know Q-Bert used to say that baby g was his real inspiration!
    amir

DJ Baby G's "Raw Deal" vols 1 and 2...

such a fucking laid back and good dude too...

his southern mixes and dancehall mixes are still in constant rotation.

• CannsCanns 1 Post
    Peace all, i'm new to this forum - but old to mixtapes.

I dont have most with me right now, but here's a little summit...

Note: file Zion I under RAER.

Peace

Canns

bump for some rips (maybe) made in the meantime

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    @masaru

but this isn??t really good, i heard it only 2 times in the last years.

here is babus comprehension ..its a rar archive so yall need winrar

njoy!

Dude thank you for this.. but I am an idiot... How do I get and use a WINRAR

thankie
    www.winrar.de or com cant remember..just install it and you can unrar that

• I need Tony's 50 MCs back in my life.....anyone?

Also wouldnt mind that Shortkut tape(CD?) where he goes through the golden age era...

also..Roc Raida-WHUT187fm

I lost ALL of my mixtapes..had maaany and lost them all during moving so many times.

I need Tony's 50 MCs back in my life.....anyone?

Also wouldnt mind that Shortkut tape(CD?) where he goes through the golden age era...

I lost ALL of my mixtapes..had maaany and lost them all during moving so many times.
    you mean shortkut's "rekonstrukted elements" ?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but there's a few goodies here:

http://www.rapmullet.com/pushintapes/pushintapes00.htm

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I need Tony's 50 MCs back in my life.....anyone?

these are still available on cd.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    It's the traveling thru sample land vol.1 mixtape from DJ Shame. Everyone needs to check for this mixtape...very ILL!!! amir

that shti played a big part in my education
    super props