Raer Mixtapes

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    thats a swiss dj by the name of eh-dr.. nice balanced mixtape one side is your usual mix with songs the other side just a scratch side

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    WHO WANTS TO STEP TO ME

I can testify that this dude has tapez4dayz

• Anybody got any wake up show on tape..especially with the ill anthem song feat nas, rass, pharoah, and OC?!
    amir

I'm pretty sure I have some WUS with that on it somewhere...I'll have to start rooting around in shoeboxes when I get home from work today.

I posted a photo of Wake Up Show 94 Volume 1 up above. Amir's thread prompted me to listen to theme on that one, which is a bunch of WUS crew members (Mysterme, Motion Man and so forth) flowing over a loop of John Klemmer's "Free Soul" until....

4/5ths of the way through it switches into the Meters "Oh Calcutta" jawn that Rich Harrison killed so hard last year!

Joe Quixx is ill.

• Joe Quixx is ill.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Joe Quixx is ill.

• kemskems 120 Posts

i'm actually surprised there's not a greater market demand for mixtapes. i guess because it'd be so easy to boot so many of them.

That vinroc tape in the top left corner is the lick. My fucking tape player destroyed my shit a couple of years back. That one used to get serious run.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Yo, here are some more dope mixtapes I just dug up from the collection.

1. DJ Baby G-Bomob Ass Tape #2

2. DJ Cash Money Vol.1

3. Rob Swift-Pure Moods

4.DJ Riz-In The Mix

5. DJ Daze-Hip-Hop From the Good Old Daze Vol.1

6.DJ Jazzy Jeff- The Vibe I'm On.

7.DJ Melo D-The Turn Table

8.Fat Beats Presents DJ Three (featuring early Fat Beats classics)

9.Shortkut-Rekonstrukted Elements

10. DJ Eclipse-Coffee Syrup

Peace,
    Amir

Co-sign that Eclipse - Coffee Syrup tape I ran that bitch until it wouldn't play no more. I still have the tape and cover even though the tape is useless.

• Tobes (who now runs Spinemagazine) owns this post. I use to trade with him back in the day. Dudes' collection is seriously

plaese to post more ness (and perhaps some rips )
    DONT LET THIS THREAD DIE

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Little story:

I remember standing in some DIY craft store deep in the depths of Colorado looking at tapes. Found Roc Raida and DJ The Boy??s "Tales from the Flip III" in there and left. As a 13-year old Norwegian boy the magical world of mixtapes was opened. I listened to that tape so many times, I don??t even know how it??s still playing. Nasturally I wanted more, but save for a few things I picked up here and there I never amassed a huge collection, and considering how few real tapes were ever made where I was from I never really got around to buying that many of them, save for when I went back to the States a few times.

In hindsight I think it??s pretty remarkable how a tape like that, picked up in such a random situation could find it??s way over half the planet and have such an effect on me. This thread has opened my eyes to how MANY of the tapes are out there, and that what I picked up back then was literally just the tip of an iceberg.

I don??t have any amazing photos or tales like you guys to contribute with, this thread just made me think of how these connections are made on really strange coincidental grounds.

Carry on (please)

- J

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    someone here who wanna sell me a dj babu comprehension tape?

please holla

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    dj babu comprehension tape?

That's going in the tape deck right now.

FUCK

i need that shit. fo real

• How the hell did i miss this thread! LET'S GET TO RIPPING!

I used to be the mixtape man.. I sold mixtapes as my job from i'd say about 94 to like 99. Pretty much only east coast. I have Clue, Doo Wop, Dirty Harry, Tony Touch, DJ Juice, etc etc.. on lock. Of course i'm missing some chunks now after years of moving and all that.

But you guys have some GEMS! Pictures are nice, sharing is better.

Soulseek? soulstrut room? can we set a date? WHO'S DOWN??????????/

i have a few taperips.. soulseek would be nice..

• dj babu comprehension tape?

I have that but its in RAR.. can you throw that as a div or some thing...?

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    A little late, but here's some of mine (including dubs, what up cas!)

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    damn. i've never seen that 231 ways on tape before. you still got the 8 track dibbs recorded all that stuff on? i'll give you a box of pencil erasers for it.

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    I rarely ever left the house in those days without the 2 tapes here at the top (roc raida and sinista):

Sinista was the funkiest fucker on the scratch. WTF is up to these days, anyone know?

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

Sinista was the funkiest fucker on the scratch. WTF is up to these days, anyone know?

uhhm, i think this is his latest work:

what is the title of the the sinista mix at the top, or how does it begin?

• I don't got to many cases anymore but I got some classics..Double R & G-bo the pro,S+s,The Biz,Grandmaster Caz,Q-Burt's rediculous funk mix circa 94? and mad stretch & cm famalam dubs..I also used have that Hiero vs. hobo Junction battle which was pretty heated..
    lost a bunch over the years though..
    I really miss the mix tape era..its just not the same anymore with cd's..

• It's a mix he did for Subculture magazine, which I was writing for at the time. It's a pretty wide array 1998ish indie/underground stuff...pretty solid.

Subculture owes me my money back! AND Straight From The Bottom or whatever it was called in the old Can Controls or 12 Oz Prophets.

I have that but its in RAR.. can you throw that as a div or some thing...?

what do you mean in rar? dont you have winrar to extract it from the archive?

• copped the vadim/primecuts & terminator x ones from tour stands, swapped the sith elipitikal gems thru the board (forget the dudes names - belgian perhaps?) for a copy of the bamboo's first 45 eel oil before it blew up, ahh well, so it goes ..

ey man just post the comprehension tape here om the board.
    you know its

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

copped the vadim/primecuts & terminator x ones from tour stands, swapped the sith elipitikal gems thru the board (forget the dudes names - belgian perhaps?) for a copy of the bamboo's first 45 eel oil before it blew up, ahh well, so it goes ..

What's that Terminator X mixtape like?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    I downloaded a grip of old mixtapes here : http://masscorporation.blogspot.com/

yo this blog has some endless mixtape dopeness
    dont miss it yall

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

A goldmine. Thanks for the link.
    Now I can go back and forth between Stretch Armstrong's blog and this one.