Raer Mixtapes

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So the Dante BC&E thread got me thinking...What is the the most Raer (expensive) mixtape/CD that is out there? IS there a of Mixtapes? I've never thought about this before. Is there a "Manship of Mixtapes" out there who knows all there is to know? Iinquiring minds want to know.

Comments

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I mean $79 for the BC&E mix-cd? Theres got to be people buying these.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i have this Wild Pitch mixtape thats probably pretty raer

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    i don??t know how expensive they are or if they are really raer, but somehow i never had the luck to shop one of them:

j-rocc - sexmachine 2,5
    j-rocc - Graveyard Funk
    j-rocc - 4-Track Chaos
    melo-d - The Cerritos 4-Track

+ any tony touch tape before volume 50 ---i miss 48 tapes for my collection

• that solesides one went for 250+ awhile ago right?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I recall when Brainfreeze was closing in on $300. Then the bootleg turned up and there was mass confusion on ebay.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    My Soulman tape collection:

Early 90s Paul Nice mixtapes:

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    There was a Non-phixion mixtape on Matador before their album dropped. That was kinda raer.

Those soulman mixes look ill.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    B.C. no one listens to cassettes any more. I suggest you send them all to me, so can dispose of them properly.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yo! this is a thread that i can fuck with. the homie chan has offically set it off!!

here's a few that aren't boxed up in the garage...

this thread has the potential to be dope!!

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    There are many tapes in general that are mega raer. Only thing is many have little to no demand cuz they are unknown but the few that are known somewhat sometimes go for dough when the right people see it.

Soulsides went for 250?? Damn I heard of 60-70 for it but that much? You sure?

yo! this is a thread that i can fuck with. the homie chan has offically set it off!!

It's on Cas! I'm bout to post some crazy tapes mayne!

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    i have this Wild Pitch mixtape thats probably pretty raer

BO! BO! BO!

DOOOOOOOOOOPE mix and only official release on Wild Pitch of Large Professor's "Gitofdat Bullshit!"... Shame that some of the other joints on here never saw the light of day... Wild Pitch had some talent in the pen...

• There are many tapes in general that are mega raer. Only thing is many have little to no demand cuz they are unknown but the few that are known somewhat sometimes go for dough when the right people see it.

Soulsides went for 250?? Damn I heard of 60-70 for it but that much? You sure?

i had one up on ebay a long time ago. it ended around 250 buck. final bidder flaked and the 2nd highest bidder and i agreed upon 200 even. it was a good day. i wanna say theres been a couple up since then.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    I know it's no competition towards the previous posts but fuck it. Just to put up more pictures of more tapes.

Turntable Scientifics on that Cas post is pretty fuckin rare.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not rare. All my mix tapes are in a box up at my cottage. But I just found these in a desk the other day.

And for my fellow canadian brothers & sisters...

By far my favs (& I think I have every one somewhere) are Frank Da Face Man's, Soundquest tapes. With my fav being the one with my drop on it of course!

• Yo Cas, I need that Wild Pitch Blends, hook a brotha up!

Here are a few that I need to digitize...

• Yo, thanks for highlighting the On Track Cass....I am bugging!!!! For me some rare mix tapes are the following:

1. DJ Shame-Traveling Thru ample Land Vol. 1

2. DJ Buckwild-#19-where Lord Finesse disses Mr. Funky Man and Snaggle Puss destroys the mic afterwards.

3.The Bum Rush Brothers(Jrocc and Babu) Presents World Famous Joints Vol#2..dope exclusive shit from the heyday of Fat Beats!!
    amir

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Ah, now here's a topic I can fuck with!

My tapes are all over the freakin' place, but here's a bunch I was able to grab right away:

The orange tape at the top right is by Mixmaster D, a Greensboro dude (shouted out at the end of "Droppin' It"). I got into his tapes shortly after arriving in Greensboro, his shit funked my head up good.

• that purple tape

• cascas 1,484 Posts

The orange tape at the top right is by Mixmaster D, a Greensboro dude (shouted out at the end of "Droppin' It"). I got into his tapes shortly after arriving in Greensboro, his shit funked my head up good.

ah shit. i used to live in virginia. i remember hearing about that guy, but was never able to find any of his tapes. i really wish there was a place to pick up old doo wop and ron g tapes. i only have a few of them.

Did you guys know that this shit...

was pressed up on vinyl? found this deep in the bowels of virginia beach a few years back.

--------------
    artifactor & phil diggity - i gotchyall covered.

it might be worth it to invest in that tape to cd convertor thangamajigittle i saw a while back.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    oh shit, an o.g. tape-skills-techniques! i've only met one person whose had an original of that. dope! enki, what is that exile tape? is that the one with the 1st half of emanon joints and the 2nd half a big'ol mix or something else? I have one of his tapes around here somewhere, but forget what the cover looks like. i think day did a beat or two on the one that i have.

anyone have those old dj juice blend tapes? i think dude was from trenton and had that fiiiiiyaaaaaaaaah! him and dirty harry's old tapes were my shit for quite a while. this thread has me going bezerker.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    yeah, I got that Solesides. Radio Sole too. One of my friends had a whole box of them.

Dudes, maybe one of you can hook me up with J-Rocc's Syndromes on tape or CD??? Part one?? NEED IT.

this thread is awesome.

• yeah, I got that Solesides. Radio Sole too. One of my friends had a whole box of them.

Dudes, maybe one of you can hook me up with J-Rocc's Syndromes on tape or CD??? Part one?? NEED IT.

this thread is awesome.

Anna, I got the Syndromes 1 and 2 on CD if you need it. I'll send it to you and I'll have a copy next time we see each other.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i'm actually surprised there's not a greater market demand for mixtapes. i guess because it'd be so easy to boot so many of them.

Some of the hommie Muro's tapes from the collection:

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i don??t know how expensive they are or if they are really raer, but somehow i never had the luck to shop one of them...

+ any tony touch tape before volume 50 ---i miss 48 tapes for my collection

there you go.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    yeah, I got that Solesides. Radio Sole too. One of my friends had a whole box of them.

this thread is awesome.

Anna, I got the Syndromes 1 and 2 on CD if you need it. I'll send it to you and I'll have a copy next time we see each other.

YO! I'll dub you Wild Pitch blends for a Syndromes- let's hook up this week!

• cascas 1,484 Posts

i'm actually surprised there's not a greater market demand for mixtapes. i guess because it'd be so easy to boot so many of them.

holy shitballs!! FUCK!! i'd pay you for your time to dub a few of these up at your leisure, noz. seriously...wow.

chan, what in the motherhump kind of cases are those muro tapes in? that some next level year 3024 type stuff.

this is taking me back. man i miss those days.

chan, what in the motherhump kind of cases are those muro tapes in? that some next level year 3024 type stuff.

Son, wait till I post the Muro double mix tapes! 2 tape sets in custom cases. 3 hour mix tapes! EXTRA NEXT LEVEL!!!!!!!!!