Raer Mixtapes

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Thanks. When On Track Vol. 6 coming out?

Headz wanna know.

Where that at Amir? I NEED That in my life!

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Yo, here are some more dope mixtapes I just dug up from the collection.

1. DJ Baby G-Bomob Ass Tape #2

2. DJ Cash Money Vol.1

3. Rob Swift-Pure Moods

4.DJ Riz-In The Mix

5. DJ Daze-Hip-Hop From the Good Old Daze Vol.1

6.DJ Jazzy Jeff- The Vibe I'm On.

7.DJ Melo D-The Turn Table

8.Fat Beats Presents DJ Three (featuring early Fat Beats classics)

9.Shortkut-Rekonstrukted Elements

10. DJ Eclipse-Coffee Syrup

Peace,
    Amir

ahh...the riz joint has stood up well over the years...have that on top of my mixtape crate as i type. and that eclipse coffee syrup joint is also dope...eclipse tapes are always on point.

baby g was dope...never saw those body tricks though.

• The next On Track is coming after our BBE release..meaning it will be out in aug/sept.
    Amir

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The next On Track is coming after our BBE release..meaning it will be out in aug/sept.
    Amir

Ya'lls BBE ish is dope! Can't believe you put that Matthew Larkin Cassel on there...

• it's done I am turning the masters and artwork to Fat Beats today. So it will be out in late august/early sept. I wanna use the pub from our BBE release to help sell some units on the On Track. Also there was a cat talking about radio shows..I need some help. I used to do a radio show called Across 110th street with Chairman Mao, Danny Rudder and Ricky Powell. This was back in 97 and 98..I lost all the tapes I had of the show. Can someone help a brother and bless me with some???!!!
    Amir

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    a few I posted from another thread.

• Thanks!!! I hope everyone else will feel the same as well!!! Yeah, that Matthew Larkin Cassell is fucking alot of people up right now!! So like the bbe ish as a whole???
    amir

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    please to rip some evil dee tapes.. i neeeeed beatminerz vol 2 i loved vol 1..im kinda addicted to evil dee's mixtapes even if he doesnt have the skills of a beatjunkie i like his track selections a lot..hard to get here in switzerland

I used to do a radio show called Across 110th street with Chairman Mao, Danny Rudder and Ricky Powell. This was back in 97 and 98..I lost all the tapes I had of the show. Can someone help a brother and bless me with some???!!!
    Amir

DAMN! That show sounds dope. Does the Chairman have tapes? Maybe crazy Ricky still has tapes? I would love to get some tapes of that.

• ME TOO!!! I would love to have my hands on some of those tapes. We played just ill funk, soul , and some disco back then. With Ricky as the host shit was straight comedy too!! I have had people come up to me and say "that show inspired me to start collecting records." I always bug out over that!! Trust me Chan when the next On Track comes you gettin' a copy straight from me.
    amir

ME TOO!!! I would love to have my hands on some of those tapes. We played just ill funk, soul , and some disco back then. With Ricky as the host shit was straight comedy too!! I have had people come up to me and say "that show inspired me to start collecting records." I always bug out over that!! Trust me Chan when the next On Track comes you gettin' a copy straight from me.
    amir

Good looking out hommie! I will get on the hunt for tapes of the "Across 110th Street Show." I'll start calling all my peoples in NYC.

• Options
    ME TOO!!! I would love to have my hands on some of those tapes. We played just ill funk, soul , and some disco back then. With Ricky as the host shit was straight comedy too!! I have had people come up to me and say "that show inspired me to start collecting records." I always bug out over that!! Trust me Chan when the next On Track comes you gettin' a copy straight from me.
    amir

Good looking out hommie! I will get on the hunt for tapes of the "Across 110th Street Show." I'll start calling all my peoples in NYC.

Saturday afternoons on KCR right?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    WHO WANTS TO STEP TO ME AND DEBATE ME ON THESE MIXTAPES AS WELL!?!?!?!??!

BRING IT THE FUCK ON

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Who gots CMB vol 1 & 2? I need those!

• Yup...that's it! It was every Sat. on WKCR. You got any leds on the show tapes?
    amir

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts

Great thread -

feeling the love Cas - only a hand full of the Rare Frequencies tapes exist, managed to get copies out to most continents... I recently got it converted onto CD and cut the not so raer shit off it - its not actually a mixtape though - anyone who wants a copy look me up on soulseek.

gotta shout out the homie Tobes - he has a crazy mixtape collection and designed the Rare Freq's cover.

pz

RD

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    WHO WANTS TO STEP TO ME

• Options
    I got soulful fruit on Vinyl..the og shit from Nu Gruv Stones Throw days before Fat Beats. Also I wish I could post pics but I am not able to yet....i am surprised no one has said anything about the baby g mixtapes. I mean dude is a dj legend from Dallas and one of the first dmc winners from the eighties. Oh yeah, pure moods is def. wit the burgundy cover!!
    amir

That's the Soulful Fruit I have too, at the time I didn't even realize it was available on tape I thought it was vinyl-only for some reason.

That Riz tape is one of my all-time favorites, with the cover photo in Fat Beats and all. The Public Enemy #1 routine still perplexes me.

Also from that era there was a Mista Sinista tape that was solid and that I would pull out every couple of years after that, I think it led off with "I Like It" by Grand Puba and had one of his Biggie routines on it. Handdrawn cover with dude with a hat backwards or something like that.

I have a lot of Stretch and Bobbito shows from maybe '94 on, probably about 80-100 on tape with some definitely better than others. A couple Riz and Mayhem's too, and then a few when they became the Halftime Show and added Eclipse. Lots of Bobby Konders and Jabba shows, none with Pat Conroy though.

I have way more mix shows taped from radio than actual mixtapes. One of my old partners from work would make regular trips to Burkina and before that flea markets, kid had hundreds and hundreds of tapes going back years. I should work on scoring them, I doubt he even wants them anymore.

I'll dig out my shoeboxes later on, gotta post this before the connection times out!!!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    WHO WANTS TO STEP TO ME

oh my fucking god

HOLY SHIT!

• Options
    Yup...that's it! It was every Sat. on WKCR. You got any leds on the show tapes?
    amir

I gotta dig in my boxes and see if the ones I have are from the time you guys were doing the show. I know I have a few, definitely a couple on minidisc too but the dates are the question.

Saturdays when we were working overtime would be basically go to work, get high and listen to Reggae Riddims in the morning...turn it off when the crazy Chinese stuff would come on...then get jacked on coffee and listen to Across 110th in the afternoon driving home. Thanks Amir, Mao too, I didn't realize that was you guys.

Speaking of Ricky Powell, one of my friends is tight with him and just loaned me a dvd compiled with a few of the public access shows he had. Should be a hoot.

• Anybody got any wake up show on tape..especially with the ill anthem song feat nas, rass, pharoah, and OC?!
    amir

This thread is too dope. We gotta keep it going! Some more tapes I found here at home:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Thank you all for making this a VERY successful thread. I am usually a guaranteed thread killer, but this one really seemed to take off. Of course, now that I said this, the thread will die. Sorry, I dont actually have anything else to contribute, I just wanted to big up all of you that are validating my existence on the Internet.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Word up. May this thread never die.

I used to bump that Roc Raida mix on the way to school, everyday.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Anybody got any wake up show on tape..especially with the ill anthem song feat nas, rass, pharoah, and OC?!
    amir

I'm pretty sure I have some WUS with that on it somewhere...I'll have to start rooting around in shoeboxes when I get home from work today.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    well holy shit, im hyperventilating and my hands have gone all clammy... i dont have one mixtape, so i cant contribute to this thread, but you guys are making me so fucking jelous right now.
    I remember growing up in NZ in the '80s and hearing about these mythical mixtapes you Americans had access to, cut to 1995, im backpacking through Europe,i go into a skateshop in Basel, Switzerland and this dude had a fucking crate stacked full of them, i gave him all my food money for the week plus some and walked out with my backpack full of tapes, i ended up ditching clothes, i was stoked.
    I get to Amsterdam, end up getting my bag stolen in a dodgy hostel, and to cut a long story short, never got to hear any of the tapes.

easy come easy go.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    This thread is too dope. We gotta keep it going! Some more tapes I found here at home:

whats on that vinyl reanimators tape?

• It's the traveling thru sample land vol.1 mixtape from DJ Shame. Everyone needs to check for this mixtape...very ILL!!! Anybody remember before the Guilani days when vendors on 125th street sold mad shit including ill mixtapes! I got all my buckwild, clue, and ron g tapes there. This was 14 years ago tho.
    amir

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    not so raer :/

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    not so raer :/

but there??s a dope one in it, the DJ N.D tape. at fisrt, it was nothing special to me, but after a few times, i recognized the mixes are xtra superb. some super smooth scratch parts under the tracks. dope, dope, dope.

the balance seeker, dj who? what??s that?