World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    World Cup Rap (National German Televivision related):

Blumentopf (random rap group) on the World Cup

the song that starts to play is about the Germany vs. Portugal match.
    the link on the left side will lead you to the other raps.

go check out that German random rap!

• Found an I hate Ronaldo page, quite funny:

http://www.ronaldo-is.com/

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

MOST MEDIOCRE WORLD CUP PLAYER EVER

As I said before. Ronaldo and the rest of Portugal's flop artists were embarassing to watch. But Dude has serious game and played like a true warrior for much of that game. He will be a major force to be reckoned with in the coming years. I believe he showed the ability to move beyond fancy footwork and play great team ball. Mediocre, i disagree wholeheartedly.

France played better today but like the US against Germany in 2002 just didn't have luck on their side. Sad to see Zizou lose his cool after such a brilliant performance this year. My guess is that Materazzi called him a towelhead or something like that. Still, Zidane has to recognize what was going on.

Not the greatest World Cup but worth the early hours for the past month.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Well, it wasn't the first time Zidane did sth like that. He's pretty well known for random fouls.

No matter what, a so called star is not supposed to commit fouls like that. Zidane is a fool. He was acting like a teenager. No matter what the Italian guy said to him. It was a bad mistake. Even worse, he didn't learn to handle his aggression from previous events. I hate it when atheletes act like that. Fair play is essential.

no doubt. I make no excuses for dude. what, like 12 red cards in his professional career? that's a gang of red cards.

personally I think dude went out on a hardasfuck note. like, "yeah I came from the streets, sure I achieved some of the highest heights ever achieved by anyone in this sport ever, but just before I retire, I'ma just remind y'all that I'm still down. BAM!"

fuck it I give him props. but that's just on a gut level. on the real level, not a good career move and a real letdown to his team and his country. and if I was French I'd be hating dude right now.

but I'll miss him nonetheless. I lived in France in 1998 and dude was like the national hero. then he went on to win the Euro cup, etc. Sure there was the 2002 disappointment, but also some real highlights over his career. Just this morning I was marveling how I was watching this guy play in the finals of another world cup after all these years. and then that schitt....whaddawaytogoout...

My guess is that Materazzi called him a towelhead or something like that. Still, Zidane has to recognize what was going on.

yeah I have to think it was some racist shit to make him lose his shit like that. but man, couldn't he have saved it for the lockerroom or something?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

the final was weak. however, the final party of the German team and their last match were even Xavier Naidoo's live performance was acceptable yesterday ( )

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    wow people here are so quick to judge. Granted we don't have cameras following our asses every day, but I'm sure all of you have lost your cool at one point in your life over silly words. Zidane is human after all, even though his skills might belie that notion. It was wrong, he deserved the red card, but let's not get overboard here folks.

it really is a shame to see his fantastic career end in such controversy. He is undoubtably the best player of our generation, and I would put him up there w/ the likes of Maradona, Esubio, Pele, Beckenbauer, etc.

once again, a team I root for lose on penalty kicks, I am a curse to any team. For your sake pry that I never root for your team in the future.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    wow people here are so quick to judge. Granted we don't have cameras following our asses every day, but I'm sure all of you have lost your cool at one point in your life over silly words. Zidane is human after all, even though his skills might belie that notion. It was wrong, he deserved the red card, but let's not get overboard here folks.

it wasn't the first time he lost his cool. he didn't learn anythnig from previous events. Losing one's cool once or twice is no big issue. But it wasn't the first time that Zidane punched, kicked or heabutted another player. He loses his cool at least once or twice a year. Either in the Champions League or at a World/Euro Cup. No one is going overboard here. Fair play is numero uno!

• ameldabeeameldabee 66 Posts

France captain Zinedine Zidane won the FIFA Golden Ball award as the outstanding player of the World Cup despite being sent off in their final penalties shootout defeat by Italy on Sunday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373632&cc=3888

Hopefully, people will remember the amazing game he gave vs Brazil and the way he brought his teammates till the top and forget that so stupid move at the 111th minute (like the FIFA people did)...

So I guess Italian people are like the definition of fair play then...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

"Awesome! Totally awesome!"

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Materazzi

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    So, after the final curtain has dropped... Name the squad of the tournament: (4-4-2)

G: Ricardo (Portugal)

D: Cannavaro, Grosso (Italy), Gallas (France), Terry (England)

M: Zidane, Vierra (France), Pirlo (Italy), Riquelme (Argentina)

F: Henry (France), Klose (Germany)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    G: Buffon (Italy)

D: Lahm (Germany), Mertesacker (Germany), Cannavaro (Italy), Gallas (France)

M: Pirlo (Italy), Frings (Germany), Patrick Viera (France), Riquelme (Argentinia)

F: Podolski, Klose (both Germany)

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    that was the saddest most disgraceful thing i have ever seen.

really fucking broke my heart

Zizou was my hero.

i keep wondering what that dude might have said to him to set him off like that...

but you know what? it doesn't matter.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    GK: Buffon (Italy).

D: Zambrotta (Italy), Cannavaro (Italy), Marquez (Mexico), Lahm (Germany).

M: Pirlo (Italy), Zidane (France), Riquelme (Argentina), Ribery (France).

S: Klose (Germany), Torres (Spain).

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Here's some more Fair Play from that great humanitarian Matterazzi

So, is this what happened???

Materazzi pinches Zidane.

Zidane basically says whatever bitch. Zidane goes to run off and Materazzi calls Zidane a terrorist.

That video of Materazzi above is crazy. Fuck that dude.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    GK: Buffon (Italy).

D: Zambrotta (Italy), Cannavaro (Italy), Marquez (Mexico), Lahm (Germany).

M: Pirlo (Italy), Zidane (France), Riquelme (Argentina), Ribery (France).

S: Klose (Germany), Torres (Spain).

no defensive players in your midfield. take out ribery and add frings! or vierra.

Marquez is great! Torres too!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Show me a defender that never committed a foul intentional or otherwise,and i'd have to say you weren't watching a football game.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Show me a defender that never committed a foul intentional or otherwise,and i'd have to say you weren't watching a football game.

Mertesacker

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

i celebrate his entire catalog

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

THURAM, so involved, so efficient, so clean... Goodbye Lilian!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So can we get a Zindane headbut gremlin? FOUL!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Materazzi allegedly said:

"Meritate tutti ci??, voi gli enculato di musulmani, sporchi terroristici"

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    no idea what that means,
    but now being sober,
    having done some research
    i can only say fuck this materazzi cunt
    people like that should be banned fom football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM5aJGW8

zidane did the right thing,
    he dont care about what people think of him

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

"Deserved all that, you enculato to it of Muslims, it soil terroristic"

Thank you babblefish.

Anyone who says they know what was said is lying. His response was totally unacceptable, but

To those who say everyone commits fouls sometime, or Materazzi deserved it you are wrong.

It was unacceptable because his team lost. It was unacceptable because it was unsporting. It was unacceptatble because it was mean.

So where is that Zidane FOUL! gremlin?

Wasn't it someone on his team who said he called him a terrorist?

And while I agree, whatever dude said, shouldn't make you act like that (Cause in most sports, there are dudes talking major trash, just so u'll do something to get kicked out of the game). Seriously... Fuck Materazzi

Funny shit...

"Updated: 1:53 p.m. ET July 10, 2006

ROME - Italy defender Marco Materazzi on Monday denied a report that he had called Zinedine Zidane a ???dirty terrorist??? seconds before the French captain head-butted him in Sunday???s World Cup final.

???It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I???m ignorant. I don???t even know what the word means,??? [/b] the Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying after the Italian team returned to Rome."

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    quote came from The Guardian.

"You deserved that, you fucking muslim, dirty terrorist"

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

"Deserved all that, you enculato to it of Muslims, it soil terroristic"

Thank you babblefish.

Anyone who says they know what was said is lying. His response was totally unacceptable, but

To those who say everyone commits fouls sometime, or Materazzi deserved it you are wrong.

It was unacceptable because his team lost. It was unacceptable because it was unsporting. It was unacceptatble because it was mean.

So where is that Zidane FOUL! gremlin?

I agree with all above, but i disagree with the "team losing" issue. Although we will never know, it seems inconcieveable to me that if Zidane would have stayed in the game it would have even remotley assured France a victory. IMHO PK's have very little to do with the skill of the striker, and more to do with nerves of the strikers and the luck of the goalkeeper.

It was unsporting & mean, and even had france won, it still would have been unsporting & mean.

but, I can not really hate on a man for standing up to racist remarks (if that is what trully transpired between the two), even if it was unsporting or untimely.

and Zidane speaks Italian?

Wasn't it someone on his team who said he called him a terrorist?

this is more likely. there was a pause and someone on the French team must have heard, understood, and relayed it to Zidane I'm guessing

but, I can not really hate on a man for standing up to racist remarks (if that is what trully transpired between the two), even if it was unsporting or untimely.