World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    only two matches remaining however, Germany-Portugal will be a nice one, because Germany wants to win. I don??t know what to expect regarding the final...
    hopefully the Italians will hesitate to use their infamous and refined special skills

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

hopefully the Italians will hesitate to use their infamous and refined special skills

i think big phil's boyz have been taking notes !

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    why no david TREZEGUET action so far ?!?

i think that trezeguet is useful when his team dominate (have the ball) and need a real finisher in the penalty area (against togo for example)
    but domenech's team dont want the ball and prefer play the fast break
    trezeguet doesnt really have the qualities to play like that ...

Cosign... I was about to give the exact same explanation...

I strongly hope that this final will be a nice one, fairly played with no simulator bitches, this game vs Portugal stressed me so much as the referee was blind. Portuguese players must have work a lot on their actors' performances because they were definitely excellent on this point. That's a shame because they play really good but I'm happy that France didn't loose during this match. I would prefer seeing Zidane ending his career earlier against Bresil than falling down against actors who can also play a great football.

Zidane is a legendary player... I'd be glad to see him with the world cup in hands and say "goodbye". This guy deserves a legendary "goodbye". But I actually don't feel it... France looked like tired, or not in the game excepted Lilian Thuram who killed every attack made by Portugal. I just hope they'll give everything and will be able to play as good as they did against Spain and Brasil...

On sunday, France will play with white shirts and Italy with blue ones... What should i scream ??? "ALLEZ LES BLEUS" or "ALLEZ LES BLANCS" ???

This question fucks me up...

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    the oscar goes to...

portugal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSHB-AQZ1E

I count on Italy for playing football for Zidane's last appearance on a field.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I count on Italy for playing football for Zidane's last appearance on a field.

pure class & style

but saturday's match will be nothing but clown
    go germany !

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

pure class & style

Yes! Whoever wins!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I can't believe you guys are crying about the Portuguese flopping when the only goal of the game was scored off of a flop.

Both of those teams should be ashamed of themselves. Henry kicking his legs out in the box when he could have planted and turned with the ball. Ridiculous.

The Italians better win.

You are also crazy if you don't think this has been one of the better World Cups as far as our generation goes, especially coming off of the Italy v Germany game. Where's the "eye-roll" graemlin?

the only goal of the game was scored off of a flop.

This is definitely untrue... How can you comparate french and portuguese games??? You aren't objective man... Henry didn't simulate. The portuguese defender wasn't watching the ball but Henry's leg and went to its contact. Perhaps Henry could have avoid his fall, the contact wasn't really violent, but he's experienced, clever and got the penalty he deserved. France plays fairly in this championship.

That said, I'm repeating myself, France team except Thuram looked like tired or definitely not in the game. This wasn't a great match but this team isn't shaddy and will play football without flopping even in bad situations. I really hope for an healthy France in the final...

Go France ! Go Italy ! Give us "pure class & style" on sunday !

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Not sure how I'm the unobjective fan. And let me guess -- you living in France gives you a measure of impartiality with this game?

The Portuguese player GRAZES Henry's ankle. Henry kicks out his OTHER leg and falls to the ground. The way he fell was physically impossible given the contact.

Watch the clip.

I'm not complaining about taking a dive in the box (see my comment on the Italian vs Australian game), but when it's THAT obvious... I'm not complaining about France winning, either -- I'd rather have them in the final -- but whining about the Portuguese flopping is pretty hypocritical considering the way France won.

I understand your point of view. I saw this action at low speed on a large screen during the match and came to this conclusion: Henry could have felt because he decided to (but nothing is really evident, he could also have felt because of the defender's contact, watch the vid again... nothing evident!), but the defender really made the fault and came to the contact without even watching the ball but Henry's leg... This penalty was deserved.

Portugal players were jumping and falling on the field all by themselves during all the match without anyone pushing them... I just mean that you can't compare the way these two teams played... Henry's flopping (if flopping there is) is not even half a flop as the fault was made and I guess that any experienced player would have act this way.

About my frenchiness and impartiality in this game... I must admit, yes, I'd be glad to see Zidane with the cup... but this doesn't make me blind or keep me from saying France played badly against Portugal (except Thuram, once again!!!) as they did at the begining of the championship. France was great against Spain and Brazil. Whoever wins I prefer to see a great final than to see Zidane with the cup and half a smile only because his last match was a dirty one.

THIS HAS TO BE A LEGENDARY MATCH, QUE LE MEILLEUR GAGNE!

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    I understand your point of view. I saw this action at low speed on a large screen during the match and came to this conclusion: Henry could have felt because he decided to (but nothing is really evident, he could also have felt because of the defender's contact, watch the vid again... nothing evident!), but the defender really made the fault and came to the contact without even watching the ball but Henry's leg... This penalty was deserved.

Holly Shit Ineed some footey tonight

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GERMANY!!! YEA!!! SCHWEINSTEIGER ROCKETS!!!! Good to see Germany get that win after that deflating loss against Italy.

bonus:

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    haha! my parents watched that game live!!! first time for both of them going to a stadium to watch soccer. must have been great. people over here are going crazy again...

i wish klose would have scored another goal. i still hope that he'll stay on top of the top scorers list.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Schweinsteiger is gonna be a hero in Germany for a long time. 21 years old too!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WHAT A DICKNUTZ![/b]

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Z
    I
    D
    A
    N
    E

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    why did they take out Henry?

how did Tr??z??guet miss?

penalty kicks without Zidane?

WHAT HAPPENED TO ZIDANE DUDE SNAPPED!??!?

HARD AS FUCK BUT C'MON WHATHEFUCK?!?!

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Zidane? Man, I thought that was Anthony Pearson.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

WHAT HAPPENED TO ZIDANE DUDE SNAPPED!??!?

Way to go Zidane CONGRATS TO ITALY.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    fuckin fuck
    the most beautiful player doing the most ugly foul
    duality of man,
    twofaced
    its sad but it is how it is,

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    stupid
    fucking
    cunt

putain
    de
    merde

Nice way of showing the youth how ya channel negative energy, ZZ.

There were about 30 minutes of nice football in this match. A not so memorable worldcup all together. Got to get some sleep now. I'm living next to an Italian restaurant, let's see how that works out.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    realness is beyond acting

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Ronaldo is a piece of shit, I'm not sure how that's even up for argument.

I was pulling for France today but that headbutt by Zidane was disgraceful and France really has no one to blame but themselves for that loss, plus the second Italian goal should've counted anyway.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

MOST MEDIOCRE WORLD CUP EVER

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

Seriously, what the fuck?! Has he said anything on french tv about what caused him to do this maybe?