World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    no zidane speaks italian,
    he played for juventus turin

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    and Zidane speaks Italian?

yep, he played for Juventes in Italy for 6 season's, I'm sure he's fluent enough.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    quote came from The Guardian.

"You deserved that, you fucking muslim, dirty terrorist"

nah, if you pay attention, Materazzi goes "shut up, you collect modern soul records"[/b]. Zizou lost it, rest is history.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

yep, he played for Juventes in Italy for 6 season's, I'm sure he's fluent enough.

yeah guess that makes sense. 6 seasons would do it, at least insofar as understanding racist epithets is involved.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Wasn't it someone on his team who said he called him a terrorist?

No, I mean it was someone on his team who told people after the game what was said.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    The rumours have escalated from terrorist / algerian racists abuse to him having said something regarding Zidanes mothers terminal illness, In which case, he shoulda kicked him when he was on the floor to.

Also I think Zidane has refuted claims his father was a harki (algerian collaborator with the French) in the past. He said there will be a statement at the end of the week, so who knows what it'll contain. In the meantime...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    [quote
    pronto, HAMMERTIME!!! LOOL....

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Zidane will clarify all this gossip throught the medias in a few days... I just don't care about the words of Materazzi, they must have been shocking, point. I was hoping for this message and I'm glad it will happen. This man have more or less influence on a lot of people's mind around here and a kind of "explanation" was definitely important and...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    quote came from The Guardian.

"You deserved that, you fucking muslim, dirty terrorist"

nah, if you pay attention, Materazzi goes "shut up, you collect modern soul records"[/b]. Zizou lost it, rest is history.
    that??s the true story...

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

You made my day by posting this. Thanks! Hopefully in ten years from now that's the image I'll remember, hmm hopefully also I won't suffer from Alzheimer...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    and Zidane speaks ?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    All these zidane gifs are

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    from another source:

First defender Marco Materazzi spoke in Italian - a language understood by Zidane who once played for Italian side Juventus - grabbed his opponent and told him 'hold on, wait, that one's not for a n***** like you.'

It is not clear whether the Italian was referring to the ball heading their way or his own groping of Zidane.

The expert, who can lip read foreign languages phonetically and translate with the aid of an Italian interpreter, was unable to see what Zidane said in reply.

But she saw that as the players walked forward Materazzi said: 'We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore.'

Then, just before the headbutt, he was seen saying,: 'So just f*** off.'

I'm sure there's trash talking that goes on nonstop, but clearly this crossed a line or two. Good for Zidane for having some balls.

• I'm sure there's trash talking that goes on nonstop, but clearly this crossed a line or two. Good for Zidane for having some balls.

whatever dudes, this is all dennis rodman 101. big game, set out to get in the star player's head, do some uncouth shit, he loses his focus, you win. i'm sure he said some fucked up shit but as the leader and legend that zidane is (truly a breathtaking player) he really needs to be above that kind of thing. i mean jordan never ever ever would have responded that way. fuckin believe he'd respond (and probably never forget it either), but once he loses his cool like that .... he's the loser in that situation.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Good for Zidane for having some balls.
    Hell yeah.

• thropethrope 750 Posts

I'm sure there's trash talking that goes on nonstop, but clearly this crossed a line or two. Good for Zidane for having some balls.

whatever dudes, this is all dennis rodman 101. big game, set out to get in the star player's head, do some uncouth shit, he loses his focus, you win. i'm sure he said some fucked up shit but as the leader and legend that zidane is (truly a breathtaking player) he really needs to be above that kind of thing. i mean jordan never ever ever would have responded that way. fuckin believe he'd respond (and probably never forget it either), but once he loses his cool like that .... he's the loser in that situation.

you're full of shit

lets say laimbeer called jordan a "faggot ass nigger" or maybe "hows your monkey ass dad doing?" (make up any other random race related putdown)

jordans gonna be on that ass, period

edit: maybe not, jordan might just have someone killed after the game......dont test jordans gangsta

I'm not saying Zidane was in the right or anything. And like I stated before (in every sport), there are dudes who's only job is to trash talk to you all day, just to get you to do something stupid and kicked out.

That said, none of us know what the deal is... Maybe Materazzi was saying some other shit or doing those fucked up nipple pinches to Zidana all fucking day. Maybe it was something totally different. I dunno...

I just don't think I'd go crying to the ref to sort things out. Cause he ain't gonna do shit... If I was Zidane, and knew I had 10 mins left and would never get a chance to sort things out l8r down the line, I might step up and take a stand too. Sure it wasn't the smartest way. He could of did it a more of a pussy way like Materazzi does in those vids. But fuck it... Whats done is done...

He might just have to keep saying sorry to his team mates and country for the rest of his life. Maybe he should make it up to them and play in the next euro cup...

Whatever happens, I'm sure he's going to be chillin' on some beach in the french rivera at the end of the day...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just had this convo with a friend.

There's the question of whether Zidane was justified. We don't really know unless we can get some playback on that convo the two had but let's just say Maz was spouting some truly offensive shit...then sure, Zidane might have been justified in flooring dude.

But was it the SMART thing to do? Under the circumstances? No. That's all there is.

You want to enact some justice? Take that Golden Ball (after your team wins hopefully) and introduce its chrome dome to Maz's chest. Repeatedly if necessary. But on the pitch? Play your game, win your game. Finis.

Just to note: Jesse Owen didn't take himself out of the '36 Olympics in the same stadium because the Germans were racist towards him. He went out and WON and that was a far better bitch slap than he could have delievered with his hands. Likewise, the Black fist went up in Mexico City from the medal stand. That's a far better statement than made on the track. Just saying.

• I just had this convo with a friend.

There's the question of whether Zidane was justified. We don't really know unless we can get some playback on that convo the two had but let's just say Maz was spouting some truly offensive shit...then sure, Zidane might have been justified in flooring dude.

But was it the SMART thing to do? Under the circumstances? No. That's all there is.

You want to enact some justice? Take that Golden Ball (after your team wins hopefully) and introduce its chrome dome to Maz's chest. Repeatedly if necessary. But on the pitch? Play your game, win your game. Finis.

Just to note: Jesse Owen didn't take himself out of the '36 Olympics in the same stadium because the Germans were racist towards him. He went out and WON and that was a far better bitch slap than he could have delievered with his hands. Likewise, the Black fist went up in Mexico City from the medal stand. That's a far better statement than made on the track. Just saying.

yeah but hoooooray zidane for having balls!!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

I cosign this 100%. This is gamesmanship, and it goes on in every sport. We would all blush with the shit that is said on an athletic field- the point is not to insult your opponent, but to get in there head and make them do something stupid, get caught, and get a penalty/ejection. It is to your advantage.

I'm not saying its right, and it is a 100% wrong way to go about a sport, and I have no respect for it. BUT, it is a tactic that has been used since the gladiators, and a veteran with Zidane's level of experience should have known better, seen that there were 10 minutes to go, and walked away.

And, I think that Jordan would have chosen to have humiliated his opponent with his play, and left him crying in his jockstrap. That's what Jackie Robinson did.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

^^^^^^^^

Man, it's been said already... no

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Can the non-football-headz please post opinions about other things in other threads? Or on their blogs? Or even a football forum, where you will be ignored.

Jeez. There's a million other morality plays to discuss in this world, but no, you got to post on the internet about a The Right Thing To Do. Yes, that was mainly aimed at ODub!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i just fail to believe racial slurs come into play very often in the MLB/NBA/NFL trash talking universe

maybe im wrong

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think Zidane immediately dropping the dude to the ground for racist remarks is a far better statement and more important than winning the game.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I think Zidane immediately dropping the dude to the ground for racist remarks is a far better statement and more important than winning the game.

Thank you. This is football we are talking about.

a) it's just a game

b) it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than just a game.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

have you been drinking?

• i just fail to believe racial slurs come into play very often in the MLB/NBA/NFL trash talking universe

maybe im wrong

i'm sure in nba most of them are aimed at white people
    [even though that really isnt relevant to anhthing herrrre]