'06 Summer Jamz

Comments

• What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here, sleeper summer pick.

KDAY is bumping it and MTV JAMS seems to have it on a loop with Keak da Sneak "Hyphy" & E-40 "Tell Me When to Go" (BTW if they keep pushing the remixes of ths I'd say it can last the whole summer, I just heard a new one yesterday with Ice Cube)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here

Dude I heard that three times in 6 days, without listening to the radio more than a total of 30 minutes or so...

Uhhh blud so disconnected

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That Bossy track isn't good at all, but I just know it's going to be big with the Becky's of the world.

It wouldn't be that bad if you took the "rapped"/chorus part out... unfortunately, those annoying choruses are Kelis's trademark and, I imagine, are the parts of the song that make Caitlyn n'nem lose it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here

Dude I heard that three times in 6 days, without listening to the radio more than a total of 30 minutes or so...

Uhhh blud so disconnected

Oh word? Shit man, I just turted-ed on the radio for the first time today. I remember getting the promo like 2 months ago and it wasn't "hananan" in the clubs.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that backwudz album is really really good and everyone should pick it up
    it really suprised me

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Regardless, it's true. A lot of cats around here think they know what's going on, when they don't have a clue. It is what it is.
    mtv's diary of cashless?

i heard too $horts 'blow your whistle' a bunch when i was up in the bay for just a few days. that song is jammy.
    'ridin high' and 'picture perfect' are my two favorite songs menitoned here, and i think theyre the least likely to become certifiable jamz

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    That Bossy track isn't good at all

What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here, sleeper summer pick.

Southern california radio was playing the fuck out of it.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    That Bossy track isn't good at all

What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here, sleeper summer pick.

My high school lunchtime music kids[/b] was playing the fuck out of it.

I actually walked up and was like, "Umm, is this the new Too Short?"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• djcommiedjcommie 31 Posts

REEEEEEEMIX

Papoose, you did it again!

It's that time already, you batchez.

Do we have any early contenders?

The mercury is rising and it is time to revisit this most crucial of questions, you poptarts.

"Back Like That" is wearing very well to my ears (I like it much better than I did in March) and has been revitalized by Kanye

"What You Know" has legs

I am liking that new Ne-Yo joint, but wish it didn't feature the female Paychex a/k/a Remy Ma

"SNAP YO FANGAZ" is crazy

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    so am i correct in assuming that white girls are about to kill the hyphy movement?

i mean, who know LA hotties would gravitate toward the how you say "stunna shades" so quickly? im not even mentioning all these hollywood asswipes that rock the white rim buck rodgers shades. such a bad look.

anyways, i heard some "stunna shades" song on the radio yesterday. it was alright.

oh, and did something happen to 100.3 the beat? i mean, every time i tune in its some sort of talk radio bullshit.

so am i correct in assuming that white girls are about to kill the hyphy movement?

i mean, who know LA hotties would gravitate toward the how you say "stunna shades" so quickly? im not even mentioning all these hollywood asswipes that rock the white rim buck rodgers shades. such a bad look.

anyways, i heard some "stunna shades" song on the radio yesterday. it was alright.

It's news to me that actual people (i.e. people that don't have blogs) in other parts of the country are paying attention to music from the Bay at all.

The E-40 album was supposed to bust schitt open and sales on that have been unimpressive. It's too bad--I thought it was a really good record and there was plenty of material on there that I thought could have crossed over.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Part of the problem w/E-40 was the poor choice for a follow up single.

I like MOP's "Whip Your Head," the too short single, the kelis single, "Gettin Some" is a neo-classic dance track as far as I can tell, it still gets spins and its been out since winter. T.I. of course. I think Cham's ridin dirty is great, but its peaked too early to be a summer jam obv.

That Ray Cash single with Scarface is dope. There's a remix with Project Pat, Pimp C and T.I. that slays.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think Cham's ridin dirty is great, but its peaked too early to be a summer jam obv.

Ridin Dirty has been out for a loooong time, but I hear it played more than ever now. Its all over radio/TV, used as background music, etc

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah it hit number one on the pop charts only like 2 weeks ago.

Also Baby Cham's "Ghetto Story" remix w/ Akon

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Please be serious.

B/W The original version came out late last year.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    It's news to me that actual people (i.e. people that don't have blogs) in other parts of the country are paying attention to music from the Bay at all.

shit is gigantic in southern california, or at least it was when i was there last month.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    DONNELL JONES BITCHES!

Please be serious.

B/W The original version came out late last year.

You be serious--release dates have nothing to do with summer jam status, especially when we are talking about reggae; it takes a good year for a reggae record to percolate into American public consciousness.

And this may not be the summer jam at the dance, but it is the reggae summer jam of choice for people that only have room for one reggae jam each summer.

Don't front--I know you like that part where Akon's voice gets all high and he starts singing about the chop shop he used to run.

Look here, Jawn Linen: There can only be one reggae summer jam and I'm tryin' to be that.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

The E-40 album was supposed to bust schitt open and sales on that have been unimpressive. It's too bad--I thought it was a really good record and there was plenty of material on there that I thought could have crossed over.

fair enough. i mean, im always hearing that you and my booty song coming out of folksiz cars and still the first single to this day.

but im not talking about the dude's record sales. im talking about stunna shades and the death of hyphy. the big grandma dolce and gabana glasses are HUGE out here. i mean, you telling me folks in new york aint rockin these? did i mention theyre huge among the fashion asswip crowd?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I would enjoy hearing the Side 2 Side remix being some sort of special summer song.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Look here, Jawn Linen: There can only be one reggae summer jam and I'm tryin' to be that.

it could be. after playing this one night (downloaded it here), a bartender came up to me the following week and said that he went on some file sharing site right after he got home the previous week and searched until he found it. dude had no idea what the name of the track was or who the remixer was. i guess it must be on a shit load of computers.

good work.

it could be. after playing this one night (downloaded it here), a bartender came up to me the following week and said that he went on some file sharing site right after he got home the previous week and searched until he found it. dude had no idea what the name of the track was or who the remixer was. i guess it must be on a shit load of computers.

good work.

You're joking, right? This is on SoulSeek or something? Damn, the internets move fast.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    There can only be one reggae summer jam and I'm tryin' to be that.

oh yeah, i meant to bring this up on here before, that shit absolutely murders it here (raleigh)... i always play the beginning of the regular version, wheel it up, and drop the reggae remix (with a liberal helping of airhorn)... shit sets it off big time, and is a nice segueway into end of the night type shit

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I'm on about the third repeat of that what you know reggae remix...

I thought it was mainly the beat that I liked on the OG version, but I guess T.I.'s raps have more appeal than I thought.

Thanks for posting that up!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Mr. Rillz, please explain how an album like Get Ya Mind Correct spawns two of the most mediocre, boring artists of the last year and a half.

Definitely gotta be "Snap Ya Fingaz" for SJ.