'06 Summer Jamz

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

we need a new Mike Jones album like we need a hole in our collective heads..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Shawna feat. Ludicrous & Bobby Valentino - Take it Slow

No Shawna song can ever be official summer jam status--she is terrible.

Who--after paying money for one Mike Jones album--would actually buy a second one?

Shawna feat. Ludicrous & Bobby Valentino - Take it Slow

No Shawna song can ever be official summer jam status--she is terrible.

fake southerners giving the south a bad name...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i notice alot of people here dont quite understand what makes a summer hit.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Y'all dudes are extremely disconnected from the club and radio. Here's possible summer jams:

1. Chris Brown and Lil Wayne "Gimme That"

2. Young Joc "It's Goin' Down"

3. Pitbull "BoJangles"

4. Young Leek "Jiggle It"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Who--after paying money for one Mike Jones album--would actually buy a second one?

LOL

I didn't actually buy the album, I was getting a lot of promo's back then

That record was better than Paul's though

And the singles it yielded were among the best of the time, and great singles are the best you can hope for from most of the major rap releases these days...

Y'all dudes are extremely disconnected from the club and radio. Here's possible summer jams:

3. Pitbull "BoJangles"

4. Whoever sings that "Jiggle It" song

This is what Remy Ma fans are currently feeling?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

3. Pitbull "BoJangles"

"Conceited" did well in clubs. Axe anybody who doesn't only go to movies and/or dinner parties on Friday and Saturday nights. Girls like(d) the song, hence, it does/did well in clubs. End of story.

Anyway, you shouldn't let previous comments about Remy Ma blind you to the fact that one of these 4 songs will achieve "Summer Jam" status and I'm pretty sure it's finna be Chris Brown and Wayne.

-e

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    1. "Hustlin'" is a hot track to ride to but in the clubs and parties I've rocked recently it hasn't received the response I anticipated. The tempo, as previously mentioned, is probably the main reason. However, you'll hear Rick Ross a lot this summer!!!

2. "It's Going Down" and "Why You Wanna" will probably compete for top contendor as summer jam '06.

3. I anticipate Busta having a track or two that will rock the clubs/parties this summer as well.

4. My vote for R&B summer jam is "Do It To It" by Cherish/Sean Paul of YBZ (produced by Jazze PhenZel Washington). It has a Ciara vibe which does well with the ladies and Sean P adds that "thug" element that makes it ok for the fellas to two-step to it.

5. "Shoulder Lean" has been making some noise recently so it may have a chance to join "It's Going Down" as the southern summer anthem.

3. Pitbull "BoJangles"

"Conceited" did well in clubs. Axe anybody who doesn't only go to movies and/or dinner parties on Friday and Saturday nights. Girls like(d) the song, hence, it does/did well in clubs. End of story.

Anyway, you shouldn't let previous comments about Remy Ma blind you to the fact that one of these 4 songs will achieve "Summer Jam" status and I'm pretty sure it's finna be Chris Brown and Wayne.

-e

Perhaps. I'm seeing a lot of songs in this thread that could be moderately popular this summer but that aren't offical summer JAMZ.

And I advise you not to test my dinner party game (formal or intimate).

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Clipse - Mister ME 2 I think has some serious potential... The beat is perfect for ridin or for the clubs...

I think the Rhianna and TI joints definately have potential (sampling songs older demographics know, and the beats are pretty nice).

Unfortunately, even as bad as it is, Gnarls Barkley could become that jam, however its genre is questionable as a "jam" since I have heard it more on KROQ than I have on Power, the Beat, or KDAY combined.

Ms. New Booty, So What, and Rick Ross I don't think have enough steam to make it through the summmer. Its possible, but unlikely.

I am not sure about Lil Wayne, his first two singles only did mildly well, Haven't heard the new track, but if its dope, it could happen.

I gotta agree with Faux on Cham. Unless he does some crazy remix maybe with Dre on production he might have a chance. outside of texas though, and at least in LA no women are looking for Chamillionaire, and since they buy more music, I don't see it in the cards.

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

watch. it's steady climbing the charts as we speak. yes i know it's been out for a minute, but it's just gaining heat. personally i find the song catchy as hell! that Tainted Love sample is addictive.

It has always sounded more like Dead Man's Party to me, and not Tainted Love... am I wrong?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Unfortunately, even as bad as it is, Gnarls Barkley could become that jam

i don't mean to beat this to death, but seriously, out of all the garbage that has been suggested as "summer jams", this is the song you choose to hate on?

mass appeal = ??

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Unfortunately, even as bad as it is, Gnarls Barkley could become that jam

i don't mean to beat this to death, but seriously, out of all the garbage that has been suggested as "summer jams", this is the song you choose to hate on?

mass appeal = ??

I just think its weak overall. I don't get what the hype is over it, and really i think its false hype. I am not seeing people asking about it outside of the clubs or outside rock/indie stations playing it. However Tell Me When to go was requested across the board, I had people buying Slump and Grind 2 just because that track is on it.

Personally the song grates on my nerves.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

3. Pitbull "BoJangles"

are you being sarcastic?

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

watch. it's steady climbing the charts as we speak. yes i know it's been out for a minute, but it's just gaining heat. personally i find the song catchy as hell! that Tainted Love sample is addictive.

It has always sounded more like Dead Man's Party to me, and not Tainted Love... am I wrong?

Yes, I am wrong... it's obviously a long time since I heard Tainted Love.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Summer Jams

1. T.I. - Why You Wanna - this is as good as gold fellas. wait till theres a video for it, people will lose it.

2. Young Joc - its goin down. - One of the hardest southern beats out right now. Mezmerizing hook.

3. Rick Ross - Hustlin (or possibly the remix with jay and jeezy)

4. Whatever Dem Franchise Boyz chooses to release next. DOesnt matter.

Damn, so this is really all we've got?

How about Jeezy's "Ya Dig"--is that receiving play anywhere down south? I think it's supposed to be an official single... maybe for the USDA album.

Also Young Dro.

i kinda like ya dig...it's goin down is annoying.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    from that DUDE ross hogg.

we may have a winner for summer jam

Sleepy Brown - ft. Pharell & Big Boi. - "Margaritas"

that jammy jam like uncle sam

This is about eighteen months old--it was actually mentioned as a candidate when we had this discussion the same time last year. Perhaps it will catch on this time around, though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

4. Women dont cry at Z-ro concerts.....Anywhere.

So when was the last time you went to a Zro show? They cried last time I did.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

This is about eighteen months old--it was actually mentioned as a candidate when we had this discussion the same time last year. Perhaps it will catch on this time around, though.

jlee = ear to tha skreeetz!!!!

i'm digging that Backwudz oompah loompah jernt.

heads are NOT ready and have a very basic understanding of what the south is really on.

heads are NOT ready and have a very basic understanding of what the south is really on.

This could almost be an Arshied quote...

Regardless, it's true. A lot of cats around here think they know what's going on, when they don't have a clue. It is what it is.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Tracks i'm feeling that could break big this summer:

Kelis - Bossy
    Busta - I Love My Chick/Bitch *I prefer the clean version*
    Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous Girl
    8Ball & MJG - Ridin' High
    and yes, that Gnarls Barkeley... it's grown on me A LOT in the last few weeks.

Regardless, it's true. A lot of cats around here think they know what's going on, when they don't have a clue. It is what it is.

Yeah, I agree.

1. "Hustlin'" is a hot track to ride to but in the clubs and parties I've rocked recently it hasn't received the response I anticipated. The tempo, as previously mentioned, is probably the main reason. However, you'll hear Rick Ross a lot this summer!!!

2. "It's Going Down" and "Why You Wanna" will probably compete for top contendor as summer jam '06.

3. I anticipate Busta having a track or two that will rock the clubs/parties this summer as well.

4. My vote for R&B summer jam is "Do It To It" by Cherish/Sean Paul of YBZ (produced by Jazze PhenZel Washington). It has a Ciara vibe which does well with the ladies and Sean P adds that "thug" element that makes it ok for the fellas to two-step to it.

5. "Shoulder Lean" has been making some noise recently so it may have a chance to join "It's Going Down" as the southern summer anthem.

As the clubs go, this post is on point. I get requests for the Cherish joint a lot. It's right there were Nivea's "Ok" was a while back. It almost seems like that's the direction they were trying to go in, ie., bite. I'm not feeling "shoulder lean" but it's definitely got people's attention.

However, you'll hear Rick Ross a lot this summer!!!

damnit.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    That Bossy track isn't good at all, but I just know it's going to be big with the Becky's of the world.

What's up with that Too Short "Blow the Whistle"? That shit isn't getting any radio love out here, sleeper summer pick.

and I wish the Cheeri Deenis and Field Mob/Ciarra tracks pick-up. Definite feel good summer ridin' shit.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "It's Going Down" and "Why You Wanna" will probably compete for top contendor as summer jam '06

"Why you wanna" is dope and I got the promos a while ago, but I don't know if it will break over here (unless it gets videoradiopayolagalore)...I really like the idea of flipping Crystal Waters, but alot of people in the industry over here think that it is too slow and you might need to speed it up with a remix or something. This has also been proven in the clubs that after the first chorus, people get somehow tired of the song...dunno, could be all wrong....nevertheless, it is a dope song, one of my favorites from that album....