'06 Summer Jamz

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Gnarls Barkley "Crazy".

i just heard the song for the first time.

please no.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Also, listening to that album, it's difficult for me to imagine women getting into any of the material on it.

Women,Old Folks and Kids. A true "summer jam" gets beyond the clubs.

SHIT BUMPS ERRYWHERE

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Since you will most likely disagree with everybodies suggestions why don't you save us a five-pager and just tell us what is an acceptable summer jam?

pretty much sums up what this threadis most likely to become

anyways I gotta go with Gnarls Barkley "Crazy". Already buzz heavy in so many markets and genres.

May not be a favorite of many here but your hatery doesn't decide the charts...er...I mean the "streets"

Dudes is ass-hurt from the gate!

I was hoping this would turn into a beef thread. So close.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Isn't it a bit early to try and predict this years yams?

It's never too early to try to predict them--I mean, there's little room for an interesting discussion if you wait until July when we all know what's what.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

It's never too early to try to predict them--I mean, there's little room for an interesting discussion if you wait until July when we all know what's what.

Interesting discussion?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    i'm digging that Backwudz oompah loompah jernt.

True,

That LL r&b track seems to be gettin burn as well. But I dont think it will ride until August.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    meet this years MIA/Lady Sov/Gwen type-thing. By midsummer i fully expect to be stabbing my ears out and/or stalking this girl (depending on what ever is cool/ironic at the time).

this chick

but...and faux can hate, my longshot vote for summer jam (all assuming that they do release the track as a single & video as is rumored) is Weezy's "shooter". it may be old, but has all the potential for crossover uber hit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Also, listening to that album, it's difficult for me to imagine women getting into any of the material on it.

Try stepping out of your iron-clad box for a moment. Here in Texas (at the very least), there are tons of women who have been going gagga over both "Turn It Up" and especially "Ridin" since almost last summer. And neither of those are even close to the most woman-friendly songs on the album.

But I suppose a place where women cry at Z-Ro concerts doesn't exist to you.......................................................................until the NY Times does an article on it.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    females seem to be digging these r&b songs, among others, right now, although all of them might be too stale to be summer jamz:

cassie - me & u

kellis - bossy

cheri dennis - i love u

Try stepping out of your iron-clad box for a moment. Here in Texas (at the very least), there are tons of women who have been going gagga over both "Turn It Up" and especially "Ridin" since almost last summer. And neither of those are even close to the most woman-friendly songs on the album.

But I suppose a place where women cry at Z-Ro concerts doesn't exist to you.......................................................................until the NY Times does an article on it.

Don't be a poptart, Shied.

Cham is basically nerd rap. I am just telling you the real.

Nerd rap???

You are so far out of your element, you apparently no longer know which way is up.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    woman-friendly songs

please define - serious question.

• Also, listening to that album, it's difficult for me to imagine women getting into any of the material on it.

I agree with you 99.9% of the time when it comes to all things rap-hop, but you're bugging on this one doud.

kelis - bossy

Cute sing-a-long 808 joint, but not hype enuff,like Milkshake was.

Nerd rap???

You are so far out of your element, you apparently no longer know which way is up.

I am just telling you the real. Don't get mad.

• woman-friendly songs

I'm guessing this means R&B

woman-friendly songs

"Oh that's my song"

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

"everything just..." sounds very shibuya-kei

not so much feeling the uffie raps

I agree with you 99.9% of the time when it comes to all things rap-hop, but you're bugging on this one doud.

You don't think?

I've been a fan for years, but I can't feel much of anything Cham's done since parting ways with Paw Waw--Paul always leavened his nerdier tendencies. For me it was basically over with Mixtape Messiah, which I found unlistenable. Cham's one of the few formerly regional rappers that I thought might really benefit from signing to a major and being pressured to do more commercially accessible material, but in the end his album didn't do anything for me.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

uh dude...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    uh dude...

you don't got tell me mayne...i am trying to stay clear. but the hype machine has started and this chick could very likely pull the "i am from uk thus pay me more attention" crowd.

oh yeah...for right now i am going with Kelis "bossy" too.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    did "what you know" come out too early for summer jam contention?... cause it is blowing the roof off of the clubs here right now... it's the one (current) song that is a sure shot for me

You don't think?

I've been a fan for years, but I can't feel much of anything Cham's done since parting ways with Paw Waw--Paul always leavened his nerdier tendencies. For me it was basically over with Mixtape Messiah, which I found unlistenable. Cham's one of the few formerly regional rappers that I thought might really benefit from signing to a major and being pressured to do more commercially accessible material, but in the end his album didn't do anything for me.

And of course your lone opinion trumps those of hundreds of thousands who would not only disagree with you but also constitute a much realer representation of the non-nerd rap fan population.

This is obviously a lil hipster gamble on your part...to toss Cham to the side...that you will NOT WIN within any rap audience this side of the Fat Joe Fan Club.

• Also, listening to that album, it's difficult for me to imagine women getting into any of the material on it.

You don't think?

I don't disagree at all with your assesment of his music, I wanted to like his album really bad because I think he's a real rapper's rapper so to speak, but I gotta say that the thing that has gotten him over and helped him keep on pushing units is that he seems to appeal to a little bit of everyone. He definitely has a ton of female fans, and I think in general his formerly mixtape-centric fanbase has now expanded to the most mainstream of 16 year old girls and white kids who rock GUnit clothing are checking for him. Also, I gotta say that I think Paul Wall has suffered as much from their parting of ways as Cham has. I'm not really into either of their solo material, but I loved everything they did together. They need to kiss and make up.

woman-friendly songs

Songs where he is addressing women directly in a complimentary fashion would be one indicator.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    ms. new booty

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    and that sergio mendes shit

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    woman-friendly songs

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    My personal summerjam will be that Aloe Blacc jam, it's got that somewhat pretentious but feelgood R Kelly quality to it.