most worth it hundred dollar record--???

wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
edited January 2018 in Record Collecting
As tax returns are prominent right now; What lp's out there are there that you'd recommend that are well worth the $100 price they fetch-----------like cop "by all means necessary" type ish....I recommend the following, Niagara-'S/T'---------got this in trade a couple years ago, still listen to it all the way through, both sides, recently upped by Numark, for good reason---I love this record down to it's beautiful big breasts on the cover who look like they belong to a lactating 3rd world Queen----If love were a color, this would be red hot---Affire Terry Callier-'What Color is Love?'-----got this in trade as well a couple years ago too-------B-side's a snoozer for me, but "Candyman' is pure heat, and this is possibly my very favourite lp Cover ever.... "dancing girl" is so moody it hurts, you might cry if you're in the right mood...it just matches the cover to a "T" ----------The Girl looks like she just had sex with a guy who is cheating on his wife and won't divorce her for this fine lady-----She's reflecting on everything just happened over a:Smoke-'Everything'-----------got this as a gift last year from my friend who I'll leave 'Anonymous' cuz it was in vg condition---thanks, this is one of my very favourite lp's---------mentioned in this latest issue of Wax Poetics, so I guess it's been reissued--------but, it's records like this, and the new Quasimoto, that really don't help my decision to quit smoking weed after 13 years----peeping this, or the new Quas, and I definately begin thinking about how "nice" it is to kick back and "smoke some herb" (that's "smoke weed" not "smoking a sucker in the head")--------------I love jazz, with beats---- dark, moody, ---Shelda is one of the illest tunes EVER....so, I guess the rest doesn't matter, even though the Lp is dope all the way throughbut, after having these, I now know that they are worth the price.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    my 2 cents:

Edith Hill/ Selah "Symposium:vthe Children" - wonderful spiritual jazz piece with elements of funk and kids singing. takes you on a wonderful trip from start to finish

Baby Huey "The Living Legend" (Curtom) -vwhat else can be said except this is a soul funk psych masterpiece.

Harlem River Drive "S/T' (Roulette) - Mellow soulful laid back perfect summer afternoon type LP. if your needle skipping on this your missing out on something.

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    24 Carat Black
    Headless Hero's
    Life Force LP on Strawberry
    S.O.U.L 2nd LP
    these are some good 100 dollar pieces(some a little less some a little more)

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    24 Carat Black
    Headless Hero's
    S.O.U.L 2nd LP
    these are some good 100 dollar pieces(some a little less some a little more)

And while we are on 100 I just noticed that was my 100th post..weird

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Is that really a $100 record?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    demon fuzz

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts

popsike it .it is close enough..90 something sealed and 50 something in vg- condition

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Wow you guys pay a lot for records... But that's cool as long as you could sleep at night, then it's all good! I wish I could... I did pay recently 100 for a record but I was told not to blow it up, though I did see go for 60 on ebay not to long ago... Nice record.... I really like weird records and I think the one I payed 100 for was worth it....

Though if I had the money I would pay 100 for them Dorthy Ashby joints....

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

popsike it .it is close enough..90 something sealed and 50 something in vg- condition

I'll be darned. I just picked it up for five bucks and after one listen it went straight into my "to sell" pile.

I agree that Demon Fuzz lives up to the hype. Headless Heroes[/b] (see what you done, Mangoman?) shouldn't be a hundred dollars. Musically, I don't think it's worth more than $30.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I would pay 100 for that Dorthy Ashby 'Rubaiyat' joint....

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    weird, I just noticed on this post that, me, Guzzo, Twoply, and Drewn all registered within 2 weeks of each other.......

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Dutch Steel and Show Band LP

• weird, I just noticed on this post that, me, Guzzo, Twoply, and Drewn all registered within 2 weeks of each other.......

i think this is because of the great meltdown of 2003.

U 2 huh tate? you beat my 2 days....

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that marc moulin is well over a hundred dollars aint it?

• Options
    demon fuzz

Roots and Offshoots

K>

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    demon fuzz

Roots and Offshoots

K>

soundclip plaese

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

...and I actually just downloaded most/all of it (thanks Sketch!) and its not even good, other than the drums/water part... just crappy fusion other than that

not listenable IMO

but even the reish is at least 50 I think

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

...and I actually just downloaded most/all of it (thanks Sketch!) and its not even good, other than the drums/water part... just crappy fusion other than that

not listenable IMO

but even the reish is at least 50 I think

Not the new one.

• Life Force LP on Strawberry

I'll be darned. I just picked it up for five bucks and after one listen it went straight into my "to sell" pile.

Yeah, I sold mine about a year ago for $75 on ebay.

In the same month I found out how much James Tatum, Life Force, and Crack Steppin' all sold for. I almost forgot I had them they were so buried behind stuff I was actually listening to. I quickly dug my copies out and put them on ebay.

SONIC

whoah, Kev, you 2 registered right at that time..........was there a "lurkers identify yourself post" at the time or something?

and speaking of you: That Donna Corbett 45 is worth $100 if anyone ever sells it.........can you say "beats that bump?"

• Options
    Where's the string-held stack of those, again? Or the Frankie ZHivago's?

Soon Come, K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

And you'd be at least $50 short...

• Options
    MAybe he can finance.

"I only own side 1 and the insert"

K.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

George Freeman "Frantic Diagnosis"..."The Bump" is worth he price alone, but it also has "Freeman" which is prolly the most insane slice of psych-jazz ever put to wax

KPM "Afro Rock" one of the rare instances where a library record is owrth the hype..a banger all the way through

Roy Merriwether "Nubian Lady"....so so killer, a twenty-one minute blood shitter on side one with a three minute long bass and drum breakdown...whoa dad.

• whoah, Kev, you 2 registered right at that time..........was there a "lurkers identify yourself post" at the time or something?

Someone else mentioned it, but remember a few years ago the whole site went down and everybody's accounts got wiped clean. Everyone from the old board had to re-register, hence the massive "November '03 Registered Posse"

SONIC

weird, I just noticed on this post that, me, Guzzo, Twoply, and Drewn all registered within 2 weeks of each other.......

i think this is because of the great meltdown of 2003.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I was just doing the math and I knew I had been on since the end of 2002................

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Maybe a few years ago, but that record's now pretty steady at just shy of a bill.

Back when found mine, I saw it go for $325 on the Bay... wish I'd sold mine then instead of waiting until last year to trade.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    HOLY CANOLY! 325?????

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Maybe a few years ago, but that record's now pretty steady at just shy of a bill.

Back when found mine, I saw it go for $325 on the Bay... wish I'd sold mine then instead of waiting until last year to trade.

Shops still put $150 on it.

Ebay is not a price guide.