Soprano Countdown begins!!!! SPOILER ALERT

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Tony beating up "Muscles Marinara"......shades of Feech LaManna?

I was thinking the same thing.

yeah there was a lot of focus on muscles in this ep. remember when he first sat down with everybody he mentioned something about losing muscle but not fat. plus he was staring at peoples' arms all episode.

and how bout ol' boy vito? oh man....

all true. Tony was feeling real insecure the whole time, and the muscular driver (no ayo) must've been a constant reminder of his physical weakness throughout the episode.

As for Vito, man...did he do himself in? Not really clear but I don't think so. Shit was sort of sad when he ran into the collectors in the club.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vito with his fucking hat on killed me

puking up blood

dude Tony's aim was incredible on that shit. i don't think any got on the floor.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i predict the hit on new york dude going bad and getting traced back to johnny and phil taking over. which of course will lead to a war with new jersey because phil is still mad doggie over tony's cousin

• yeah there was a lot of focus on muscles in this ep. remember when he first sat down with everybody he mentioned something about losing muscle but not fat. plus he was staring at peoples' arms all episode.

all true. Tony was feeling real insecure the whole time, and the muscular driver (no ayo) must've been a constant reminder of his physical weakness throughout the episode.

Anybody else think Muscles went down a bit too easy? (no ayo)
    Staged to get his troops back into line?
    Probably not but it just seems odd to me, fat dude who just got out of the hospital packing a punch like that.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah there was a lot of focus on muscles in this ep. remember when he first sat down with everybody he mentioned something about losing muscle but not fat. plus he was staring at peoples' arms all episode.

Anybody else think Muscles went down a bit too easy? (no ayo)
    Probably not but it just seems odd to me, fat dude who just got out of the hospital packing a punch like that.

tony's a scrapper

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Bingo!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What's going to happen to Vito?

Now taking bets...

1) Suicide
    2) Tries to kill the two dudes who saw him
    3) Gets killed by, well, anyone

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Now taking bets...

1) Suicide

How's about he and Phillie have something going on(maybe even Johnny Sac).....that's why they're always hanging out together??

Might explain why Johnny doesn't dump his Divine-looking wife??

• What's going to happen to Vito?

Now taking bets...

1) Suicide

How's about he and Phillie have something going on(maybe even Johnny Sac).....that's why they're always hanging out together??

Might explain why Johnny doesn't dump his Divine-looking wife??

Vito and Phillie are cousins.

Now taking bets...

1) Suicide

4. Rapes Finn, kills Meadow, gets offed by...AJ, thus facilitating AJ's entry into the family business.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    can anyone see a gay rights group protesting sopranos if vito gets merked?

can anyone see a gay rights group protesting sopranos if vito gets merked?

They'll have to get in line after the Italians.

But seriously, I think Vito is going to get merked in some weird way...like dude who died on the can (and what's funny/fucked up is that the actor who played him is actually really upset STILL about that. He probably thinks David Chase is an asshole for killing him off that way).

I think Vito tries to wack (no ayo) the two dudes who saw him all Village People-d up at the club and then gets offed in the process by something stupid.

• Staged to get his troops back into line?

Bingo!!

I disagree. Tony got em w/ a good first shot. Someone yells "Don't do it kid" (Pualie or Sil perhaps). Tony immediately got dood's good arm when he came at him and it was curtains. I think it's the difference between gym strong and street tough. Make no mistake Tony is a badass SOB. Remember when he murked that cat in SEason 1 up in New England? JMO.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    penne arrabiatta didn't throw the fight but i agree that it was strange that tony took him so easily. tony was smart about it though, he knew the buff driver had a temper (from the incident before when they were driving) so he went at him like that cuz he knew it would provoke a response. it reminded me of the times when tony used to beat up the big bartender, even though that was to get stress out and this was to assert dominance.

as for vito, his get-up and dancing was hilarious... but i was a little thrown off because i wasn't buying the scene. i was thinking the whole time that there was no way some goombas were gonna make a collection during the peak hours at a gay s&m club. but whatever...

overall, i wasn't into the episode. when i first saw that buscemi was directing, i was hyped because he usually has the most interesting and entertaining eps, but i thought the tone for this entire hour was very strange. maybe its to reflect tony's insecurity and his feelings upon getting out of the hopsital? i'm not saying buscemi is to blame, i actually thought there were some great shots (the first one at the wedding spiralling up with the staircase comes to mind), but i was also disappointed that a lot of the story was abandoned from the previous episode - including the rappers and paulie taking out that dudes kneecap.

anyone think that the guys chris is getting involved with in the credit card scam may be terrorists, and maybe the agent harris will re-enter the action now that he's in homeland defense?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    penne arrabiatta didn't throw the fight but i agree that it was strange that tony took him so easily. tony was smart about it though, he knew the buff driver had a temper (from the incident before when they were driving) so he went at him like that cuz he knew it would provoke a response. it reminded me of the times when tony used to beat up the big bartender, even though that was to get stress out and this was to assert dominance.

Besides, if either of those guys tried to take a swing at Tony, even if they kicked his ass, they wouldn't be alive to tell the story later...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anyone think that the guys chris is getting involved with in the credit card scam may be terrorists, and maybe the agent harris will re-enter the action now that he's in homeland defense?
    chris will get pinched for something and instead of ratting out the crew he will turn in some terrorists. this might lead to him getting killed because they don't believe that he's not a snitch

i was thinking the whole time that there was no way some goombas were gonna make a collection during the peak hours at a gay s&m club. but whatever...

word. this seemed a little far-fetched.

obviously the writers want us to think along these lines. remember the middle eastern guys got introduced right after (or right before?) harris and Chris have the little terrorism exchange. may be a red herring though. something weird about how "nice" the middle eastern guys are, e.g. real polite and asking about Tony, etc. Either it's a genuine attempt by the writers to defy negative middle eastern stereotypes on tv (highly doubtful) or they're just setting up these guys' ultimate downfall to be that much more pathetic/tragic.

i was thinking the whole time that there was no way some goombas were gonna make a collection during the peak hours at a gay s&m club. but whatever...

word. this seemed a little far-fetched.

Unlike the show's normal realism?

I mean, most everything about The Sopranos is a little far-fetched if you think about it. By the way, it wasn't clear to me if that place was an S&M club or a gay bar. Big diff.

In any case, I think Chase bit that whole scene from Season 3 of "The Wire."

obviously the writers want us to think along these lines. remember the middle eastern guys got introduced right after (or right before?) harris and Chris have the little terrorism exchange. may be a red herring though. something weird about how "nice" the middle eastern guys are, e.g. real polite and asking about Tony, etc. Either it's a genuine attempt by the writers to defy negative middle eastern stereotypes on tv (highly doubtful) or they're just setting up these guys' ultimate downfall to be that much more pathetic/tragic.
    I'm hoping it's a red herring - I think Chris might finger those dudes and as it turns out, they'll have zero terrorism affiliations but it will show what a dumb fuck Chris is.

In any case, I think Chase bit that whole scene from Season 3 of "The Wire."

whoah! this thread has a SOPRANOS spoiler alert, not the Wire. I have yet to see season three (I know, little dude move; I just haven't had time to look for internet bootlegs and acutally watch the damn thing).

Another good one tonight.

Tony's and Perry's "making up" was hilarious. Tony: "So long as you remember..."

The terrorist plot thickens (sort of). Line of the episode: Chrissy: "And the Ahmed one; he's married and they have a dog...a springer spaniel." (Which is good enough to assuage Tony's fears of a terrorist connection!)

The Meadow-Finn dynamic is getting more and more interesting. Finn's a great foil for her. She's basically an apologist for her dad's criminal activity, but Finn just throws it back in her face. Her liberal streak is coming into increasing tension with her excuses for the family business, especially vis-a-vis Vito in this episode.

All in all the Vito thing is pretty tragic. Tony: "He's a real come-from-behind guy."

And what's with Pussy's wife putting money on the street!?! And some of Tony's guys are in on it. Very shady and will not end well for her.

Max Casella continues to get more and more shine. The next episode looks like it's gonna be big for him.

And apparently you "get a pass" for gay sex when you're in the joint!

• since max casella got busted a few months back...im sure he will be killed off after the next episode.

damn they need to show junior some more.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    damn they need to show junior some more.

Nah, he did what he had to do - I could do without that senile geezer for a few more eps, since things are starting to heat up with Angie and Vito. We don't need Uncle Junior slowing down the groove.

• damn they need to show junior some more.

Nah, he did what he had to do - I could do without that senile geezer for a few more eps, since things are starting to heat up with Angie and Vito. We don't need Uncle Junior slowing down the groove.

Seems to me Junior's character is almost resolved. Where else can they go w/ that. He's in a mental institution, and the government wants a crack at him for what are now multiple offenses. he's (sadly) done.

The stuff they are showing w/ Angie has me thinking of wild scenarios where they end the series w/ Carm in charge of the Family! Just saying...you can see she wants a taste of something.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Another good one tonight.

Definitely! Did everyone notice that Chase and Green and two others were writers on this one? I got the feeling that maybe Chase thought it was a good time to touch on and tie up loose ends. Almost all the different plotlines were mentioned.

The terrorist plot thickens (sort of). Line of the episode: Chrissy: "And the Ahmed one; he's married and they have a dog...a springer spaniel." (Which is good enough to assuage Tony's fears of a terrorist connection!)

This had us dying! I loved Chrissy sort of thinking it through and actually using a dog as proof.

All in all the Vito thing is pretty tragic. Tony: "He's a real come-from-behind guy."

I don't know, I thought they did a really good job on this storyline, and truthfully I'm kind of rooting for Vito to escape and "Live Free" in New Hampshire. The scene in the antique store at the end was classic. Although, if they need to spice things up with another hit later in the season, my guess is that someone will find him and that will be that.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    My girl and I were fuckin DYING during the meeting after Finn left, when Bobby was like "Well he can't be a part of our social club anymore, this much I know," and homeboy next to him was like "SOCIAL CLUB? HE'S GOTTA GO!" Paulie was fuckin hilarious too.

Looks like Artie's about to be back in the spotlight, I'm actually not lookin forward to that.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Am I the only one that wants Vito to open an antique store in small-town New Hampshire? I want this to work out for him, but alas, the life of a gangster. . .

Seems like Tony is against offing him though, right?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Am I the only one that wants Vito to open an antique store in small-town New Hampshire? I want this to work out for him, but alas, the life of a gangster. . .

yeah I'd be happy with that, but part of me wants him to accept himself and become a real badass character like Omar in the Wire.

More than anything though, I want Meadow to become part of the "family".

-pj

• Seems like Tony is against offing him though, right?

It does. And stupidly, I wondered "why"? Well of course, Vito is a top earner. None of the other crew benefit from what Vito brings in, but Tony does. He's not quick to want to cut off that $$ train......

"What could've been" seems to be a recurring theme this season. New Hampshire seems like Vito's "what could've been", what w/ him being a "natural" at antiquing and all.......