Soprano Countdown begins!!!! SPOILER ALERT

1234568»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I much prefer Bobby Jr. to AJ. For as little acting as he actually does (screentime-wise and talent-wise), he's actually a lot more convincing a character. "Fuck the Giants!"

Bobby Jr. is about to become a poor man's AJ now that he's entering his teen years. Old boy was drinking a six-pack of attitude on this week's episode. Remember a few years back when AJ and his girlfriend had a seance and scared po' Bobby, Jr. out of his wits? Looks like his gullible days are gone.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    that shot of ginnie sack drinking tea as janice is obnoxiously apprasing her new home was pretty damn austere. i also regret that johnny sack is now out of the picture.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that shot of ginnie sack drinking tea as janice is obnoxiously apprasing her new home was pretty damn austere. i also regret that johnny sack is now out of the picture.
    damn dude that scene was mad depressing. it's like all she has left in her life is that house and shits being ripped apart in front of her.

vito going home to the family? wifey calls phil, vito gets whacked, ny vs nj starts.

that shot of ginnie sack drinking tea as janice is obnoxiously apprasing her new home was pretty damn austere.

damn dude that scene was mad depressing. it's like all she has left in her life is that house and shits being ripped apart in front of her.

Don't forget Big Pussy's widow in the distant background, pacing back and forth as she wheels and deals on the cell phone...it's almost as she's too important to chow down with the girls anymore. These little background details just kill me (no pun intended).

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    More Katrina jibes...

I have to say I was sad to see Johnny Sack go up. I dunno why. Anyone feel me?

Very sad. Vincent Curatola was amazing as Johnny Sac, he will be missed. And the character brought a small touch of class to what we know about "these guys".

and let's not forget paulie has cancer and is getting radiation therapy...does that mean he's gonna lose that beautiful head of hair?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    No one thinks Johnny's going to be running the family from jail?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Nope, I think he is finished. Shit is already going down behind his back and his crew doesn't respect him.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    man I almost forgot when Vito was counting the hours in his head while doing manual labor. I used to do the same shit working construction over summers. shit was SOOO on point.

man I almost forgot when Vito was counting the hours in his head while doing manual labor. I used to do the same shit working construction over summers. shit was SOOO on point.

that scene was brilliant, and I would imagine that "clockwatchers" everywhere could relate.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

Tony is making a killing due to his incarceration...the hair doo is like " dont say a word to johnny" and johnny is asking tony to make money appear, while the hair doo knows nothing about it...and tony gets his cut.

"beggars cant be choosers"

whats gonna happen with christopher ? back on the white horse ?
    poor bobby almost gets shot in the eye...and tony could give a shit

poor bobby almost gets shot in the eye...and tony could give a shit

yeah that was cold.

Tony fully taking out his Janice hatred on Bobby.

vito going home to the family? wifey calls phil, vito gets whacked, ny vs nj starts.

well, this is pretty much how it went down minus the wife calling...sad shit.

Phil: "I loved him like a brother-in-law." ha!

Well, let's get it poppin' I guess.

Good to see Marguiles coming back in the next episode apparently...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Phil: "I loved him like a brother-in-law." ha!
    oh man i laughed my fucking ass off when he said that
    and then right after his wife goes "our tailor is losing his eyesight!"
    too much

I love how Tony basically summed up the Internet in one succinct line to his psychiatrist. Something about AJ "sitting there in his underwear talkin to some other fuckin' jerkoff".

Great episode. How about the shot of Phillie laying awake at night....stewing.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    "you tryna sandbag me..? i cut ya fuckin throat"
    aj is a lil bitch ass...who needs to get an ass beating

does tony live/die/ or jail ? Escape to france w/ carmella ....maybe pull a whitey bulger ?
    NY vs NJ...id go with NJ
    I felt bad for vito..he should have just stayed with johnny cakes, all the religious overtones etc...fathe rthis father that.
    dr. melfi pulled tonys card tho

BEST EPISODE EVER

BEST EPISODE EVER

um, have you seen the first five seasons?

BEST EPISODE EVER

um, have you seen the first five seasons?

there have been alot of great episodes and great scences and all that and maybe its becasue i've been waiting for like 2.5 years for this season to begin but this one was really a cut above, a huge payoff: vito's death scene where phillie lyotardo emerged from the closet was masterful; the carmela-france subplot was integrated seemelessly and functioned as an insightful counterpoint; and the killing of the sadistic made guy from new york with all of its implications. but for all the episodes great moments i would have to say the overall unity and structure was particularly striking. all the core themes of the show were touched on: greed, hypocrisy, denial, weekness, manhood, destiny, and of course the way the father's sins are visited on their children's heads. as someone who has been following the show closely since the begnning, to me its the cumlmination of the writing, acting, and directing up to this point in the series. its just my oppinion.

the carmela-france subplot was integrated seemelessly and functioned as an insightful counterpoint

even though carmela had the introspective insights, it was her buddy ro who had the final word: "we're having a good time in france. please don't bring new jersey out here."

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    and the killing of the sadistic made guy from new york with all of its implications.

I love how they managed to inject humor into a gory murder scene. Sil whacks him on the head with a Dustbuster! And the shot of Oh-So-Little Steven on that huge guy's back was hilarious.

Question: Who did Tony pick out to off Vito? Did he say "Carmen"? Who is that?

and the killing of the sadistic made guy from new york with all of its implications.

I love how they managed to inject humor into a gory murder scene. Sil whacks him on the head with a Dustbuster! And the shot of Oh-So-Little Steven on that huge guy's back was hilarious.

Question: Who did Tony pick out to off Vito? Did he say "Carmen"? Who is that?

It's Carlo. Tony gave him Vito's Construction rackets. Same guy that knifed "Fat Dom". Believe he's a Captain.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

i could not figure out what
    he smacked him in the head with
    that kicked up all that dust
    that is some funny stuff

i also liked how they were blaming each other when tony dropped by

"got a little out of hand"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

i could not figure out what
    he smacked him in the head with
    that kicked up all that dust
    that is some funny stuff

i also liked how they were blaming each other when tony dropped by

"got a little out of hand"

"You don't want to come in here T"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    sooo who's up on their dvd ripping techniques? i'm trying to get some earlier seasons so if anybody wanna trade some burned sopranos for some dead presidents holler at me (PM) please. i'll take whatever. season 1 through 5. i don't have 400 bucks for the box set of all 5 seasons... but i gotta go back and catch up on some shitt...