Saigon = full of shit?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    DO YOU NOW SEE, BROTHA STACKS, THAT THESE IDOITS ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF ENGAGING IN CONVERSATION WITH? YOU ARE ABOVE THEM. LET THEM ROT IN THEIR OWN FECES AND STEP OVER THEM AS YOU WALK AWAY, SON, DRIPPING URINE ON THEM AS YOU DO SO. THEY HAVE TOTALLY IGNORED YOUR POINTS AND TWISTED IT TO FIT THEIR OWN BITCH ASS AGENDAS. THEY KNOW IN THEIR HEARTS THAT THEY CAN NEVER BE THAT REAL SCHITT???[/b] SO THEY ATTEMPT TO MOCK IT IN THEIR IMPUDENCE AND ARROGANCE. THESE PEASEANTS SHOULD BE KNEELING TO KISS YOUR FEET FOR THE WISDOM WHICH YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON THEIR WORTHLESS EXISTENCE. I WILL RIGHT NOW SAY IN BOLD LETTERS THAT IN MY OPINION THE FIELD MOB IS SURPRISINGLY DOPE AS FUCK ON THAT "GEORGIA" SONG AND I LOVE THAT SCHITT[/b] BUT THEY WILL IGNORE IT, JUST AS THEY IGNORED YOUR POINTS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. CIVILIZED DISCUSSION WITH THE LIKES OF THESE TRANSVESTITE MONGERS IS USELESS- THE TIME IS NEARING FOR THEM TO BE DEALT WITH IN A MUCH MORE PAINFUL MANNER. THE HAND OF VENGEANCE AWAITS YOU, HOES...

who are you talking to?

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MANY MORE WARNINGS. TAKE HEED WHILE YOUR GENITALIA, WHAT LITTLE THERE MAY BE, IS STILL INTACT.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    DO YOU NOW SEE, BROTHA STACKS, THAT THESE IDOITS ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF ENGAGING IN CONVERSATION WITH? YOU ARE ABOVE THEM. LET THEM ROT IN THEIR OWN FECES AND STEP OVER THEM AS YOU WALK AWAY, SON, DRIPPING URINE ON THEM AS YOU DO SO. THEY HAVE TOTALLY IGNORED YOUR POINTS AND TWISTED IT TO FIT THEIR OWN BITCH ASS AGENDAS. THEY KNOW IN THEIR HEARTS THAT THEY CAN NEVER BE THAT REAL SCHITT???[/b] SO THEY ATTEMPT TO MOCK IT IN THEIR IMPUDENCE AND ARROGANCE. THESE PEASEANTS SHOULD BE KNEELING TO KISS YOUR FEET FOR THE WISDOM WHICH YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON THEIR WORTHLESS EXISTENCE. I WILL RIGHT NOW SAY IN BOLD LETTERS THAT IN MY OPINION THE FIELD MOB IS SURPRISINGLY DOPE AS FUCK ON THAT "GEORGIA" SONG AND I LOVE THAT SCHITT[/b] BUT THEY WILL IGNORE IT, JUST AS THEY IGNORED YOUR POINTS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. CIVILIZED DISCUSSION WITH THE LIKES OF THESE TRANSVESTITE MONGERS IS USELESS- THE TIME IS NEARING FOR THEM TO BE DEALT WITH IN A MUCH MORE PAINFUL MANNER. THE HAND OF VENGEANCE AWAITS YOU, HOES...

who are you talking to?

I AM TALKING TO ANYBODY, AND I DO MEAN ANYBODY[/b] WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY AND FEELS AS THOUGH I AM TALKING ABOUT THEM. IF YOU FEEL THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU... [color:red]I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU[/color][/b]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    phill, did you listen to the new lil wayne album

• so who's going to be the first to name some NYC rappers to check for? all jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a list.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i have not felt anything that is immediately recallable from new york that is not diplomat-related in at least the past year. i guess random jay-z tracks?

• i have not felt anything that is immediately recallable from new york that is not diplomat-related in at least the past year. i guess random jay-z tracks?

a few maybe

Jay Z + Bleek = yawn
    Jay Z + Jeezy = yeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    so who's going to be the first to name some NYC rappers to check for? all jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a list.

You're forgetting that the reason why NYC rap sucks is due (some-fucking-how) to the south being so popular. Nobody's gonna put up a list of anything fromt he entire east coast at all, lest they get the SHIT SONNED out of them (for further reference see Batmon's Kool Keith attempt).

That's a direct challenge Big Stacks.

phill, did you listen to the new lil wayne album

Why, yes... I actually like some of it. I liked the recent mixtapes he put out better, though. I do not think he is as nice as many people of this generation seem to, but I respect the fact that he is stepping his game up. I got love for Weezy, no doubt. I think he will continue to grow and get better. I think the south as a whole is gonna get better and better lyrically. And as they do, you know what will happen? Fans will say that they ain't hot no more and will move on to the next thing of the moment. It is destiny, watch and see. Overall, though, I respect and appreciate southern rappers (some of them, anyway) for what they do and do not compare it to THAT REAL SCHITT, which it is not. It is it's own schitt, and that is what it's supposed to be. I have no problems with those rappers, I just have problems with SOME OF THE HOES ON THIS SITE WHO ARE CRUISIN' FOR AN ASS BRUISIN' BY FUCKIN' WITH A REAL SCHITTER. Not you, though, mayne- you cool with me. You too, b-sides. Peace and love.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I heard the new Cage album is dope. Anyone heard it?

commence the sonning...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It does seem funny to me though that people who shit on southern rap anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago are all of a sudden on the bandwagon, even though it hasn't changed since then. That to me is a little suspect. And I'm not directing this at faux or jonny or anybody, because I have no idea what you liked 10 years ago. This is more of an observation in general.

Why do you guys always use this as your fallback argument?

Yes, some people are undoubtedly listening to different music in their mid-twenties than they were as teenagers--it's natural for a person's tastes to broaden over time.

Now remind us what is wrong with that?

• did you listen to the new lil wayne album

That album kinda suprised me. I'm not on dude's team like that but he has some good songs on this album. Maybe because it sounds like some NY shit with the samples or whatever but I'm diggin it though.

TRANSVESTITE MONGERS

THAT REAL SCHITT!

• It does seem funny to me though that people who shit on southern rap anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago are all of a sudden on the bandwagon, even though it hasn't changed since then. That to me is a little suspect. And I'm not directing this at faux or jonny or anybody, because I have no idea what you liked 10 years ago. This is more of an observation in general.

Yes, some people are undoubtedly listening to different music in their mid-twenties than they were as teenagers--it's natural for a person's tastes to broaden over time.

Nothing wrong with it but you can't act like you're a fucking expert on all this southern shit like you bought the 1st Screw blue tape or some bullshit.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    i have not felt anything that is immediately recallable from new york that is not diplomat-related in at least the past year. i guess random jay-z tracks?

a few maybe

Jay Z + Bleek =
    Jay Z + Jeezy =

It does seem funny to me though that people who shit on southern rap anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago are all of a sudden on the bandwagon, even though it hasn't changed since then. That to me is a little suspect. And I'm not directing this at faux or jonny or anybody, because I have no idea what you liked 10 years ago. This is more of an observation in general.

Nothing wrong with it but you can't act like you're a fucking expert on all this southern shit like you bought the 1st Screw blue tape or some bullshit.

I agree with that, but the critique is never directed at peoples' expertise--it's always about the fact that they now like this music at all, and I don't understand why that idea is threatening.

• It does seem funny to me though that people who shit on southern rap anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago are all of a sudden on the bandwagon, even though it hasn't changed since then. That to me is a little suspect. And I'm not directing this at faux or jonny or anybody, because I have no idea what you liked 10 years ago. This is more of an observation in general.

I agree with that, but the critique is never directed at peoples' expertise--it's always about the fact that they now like this music at all, and I don't understand why that idea is threatening.

I think at this point a lot of the big south records are so over the top ignorant that it taints the whole reigon to people who really don't listen to the shit. I can't see how Scarface, UGK and the like could even feel pride in seeing some of these songs blow up. I like some of the southern shit but mostly because they are characters not because of their spit or beats.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

first hand experience is not the only way one accrues knowledge. and i find it particularly odd that this misconception is rampant on a message board where cats obsess over records that came out a decade before they were born.

you can't act like you're a fucking expert on all this spiritual jazz shit like you bought love supreme the day it came out or some bullshit

• Nothing wrong with it but you can't act like you're a fucking expert on all this southern shit like you bought the 1st Screw blue tape or some bullshit.

first hand experience is not the only way one accrues knowledge. and i find it particularly odd that this misconception is rampant on a message board where cats obsess over records that came out a decade before they were born.

you can't act like you're a fucking expert on all this spiritual jazz shit like you bought love supreme the day it came out or some bullshit

No you really can't. My dad could tell you more about spiritual jazz because he was there. He might not know all this trivial record collecting bullshit but he could tell you how people felt about it and its impact. I don't think you could tell me about when UGK 1st dropped because you weren't there. You might study the shit but you can't be a fucking expert.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    back to saigon, i never really dug his shit i heard although i enjoyed his cameos on entourage. im going to check his gangsta grillz mixtape and reserve judgement til then

• Wrong guy for that one. I don't really get worked up over soulstrut. Its not that serious. I don't really want to win any arguments with you foolios.

• back to saigon, i never really dug his shit i heard although i enjoyed his cameos on entourage. im going to check his gangsta grillz mixtape and reserve judgement til then

He's good to me. Talks a lotta shit about thug rappers and whatnaught. "Color Purple" is a dope concept. Anything produced by Just Blaze has got to be worth listening to regardless.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the notion of expertise is neither here nor there. regardless of if they picked up the first ugk yesterday or fifteen years ago, faux, paychecks and whoever else both clearly know enough about the style to engage in an informed conversation so either negate what they're saying with facts or stay the fuck out of their way. to say fuck that you didn't like this five years ago is nothing but a cop out.

and i sincerely hope i see you jump into the next "best spiritual jazz records" thread calling bullshit on everybody discussing music that they enjoy because they weren't there. it'd liven things up.

• the notion of expertise is neither here nor there. regardless of if they picked up the first ugk yesterday or fifteen years ago, faux, paychecks and whoever else both clearly know enough about the style to engage in an informed conversation so either negate what they're saying with facts or stay the fuck out of their way. to say fuck that you didn't like this five years ago is nothing but a cop out.

and i sincerely hope i see you jump into the next "best spiritual jazz records" thread calling bullshit on everybody discussing music that they enjoy because they weren't there. it'd liven things up.

Nothing wrong with liking or discussing anything, shit everybody does that. All this "I'm the expert of this reigonal phenomenon" is bullshit though. Why can't Stacks think that a lot of south shit is garbage. He just can't get into it. Doesn't make him not have valid opinion on music. Its just not for him. All you guys think anything that sounds like traditional hip hop is wack. You guys are doin the same thing you're accusing him of.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Nothing wrong with liking or discussing anything, shit everybody does that. All this "I'm the expert of this reigonal phenomenon" is bullshit though.

where did anyone say anything along those lines in this thread?

Why can't Stacks think that a lot of south shit is garbage. He just can't get into it. Doesn't make him not have valid opinion on music. Its just not for him.

stacks can think whatever he wants. but if you make a blanket statement (using loaded adjectives like "stupid" and "infantile", no less) about a style and region of music you clearly don't know shit about, a lot of people who enjoy that music are going to be less than impressed.

All you guys think anything that sounds like traditional hip hop is wack. You guys are doin the same thing you're accusing him of.

again where was this stated in this thread?

• Nothing wrong with liking or discussing anything, shit everybody does that. All this "I'm the expert of this reigonal phenomenon" is bullshit though.

where did anyone say anything along those lines in this thread?

It is always inferred is these "you don't know so shut the fuck up" type debates that one hasn't listened to enough of whatever kind of music to make a judgement on it. I haven't listened to much country music but I've heard enough to know I don't like it. Its simple.

stacks can think whatever he wants. but if you make a blanket statement (using loaded adjectives like "stupid" and "infantile", no less) about a style and region of music you clearly don't know shit about, a lot of people who enjoy that music are going to be less than impressed.

Dude if you think "Laffy Taffy", "White Tee", "Black Tee" etc...... isn't stupid you're crazy. Its entertaining but its also stupid. Sometimes stupid is okay to me. I don't take it as serious as most people do.

All you guys think anything that sounds like traditional hip hop is wack. You guys are doin the same thing you're accusing him of.

again where was this stated in this thread?

This is stated in damn near any thread that isn't talking about whatever the "hot" rap style of the moment. Anything that isn't hella over the top and flamoyant is "boring".

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Dude if you think "Laffy Taffy", "White Tee", "Black Tee" etc...... isn't stupid you're crazy. Its entertaining but its also stupid. Sometimes stupid is okay to me. I don't take it as serious as most people do.

again i don't have a problem if stacks calls "laffy taffy" stupid, but for him to make a blanket statement when he clearly has not taken the time to investigate the best the genre has to offer is sheer ignorance.

besides if you're going to use that angle most rap is infantile and stupid. i'm not ready to write off the whole genre, are you?

This is stated in damn near any thread that isn't talking about whatever the "hot" rap style of the moment. Anything that isn't hella over the top and flamoyant is "boring".

but then how do you define "traditional hip hop"? i think ghostface makes traditional hip hop that is more exciting than most rappers from any region. i think little brother makes traditional hip hop and is boring with it. is one of them "purer" in the cold crush sense of the phrase? i think if the crux of an artists selling point is that "this is the true hip hop" it's probably going to be some boring shit. an artist's sucess should rest on the merits of their own talent, not their ability to fit into some preconcieved notion of what's "true" to their artform.

it should also be noted that "boring" is a much more subjective adjective than "stupid."

TRANSVESTITE MONGERS

THAT REAL SCHITT!

I HAVE DELETED MY RESPONSE TO THIS ON THE GROUNDS THAT I MAY BE INCRIMINATING MYSELF (YOU KNOW HOW THESE PUSSY ASS LAWYERS DO- NO OFFENSE TO MONGO SLADE AND OTHER LAWYERS WHO ARE NOT PUSSY ASS). I HAVE REPLACED IT WITH THIS:

• JpegJpeg 20 Posts
    alot of deep south music that is on radio, mtv, clubs is greats for having fun in clubs but i aint gonna buy that shit to listen to it cos its simple and them niggas aint up to par lyrically (niggas rhyme hat with cat I dont rate that cos its nusrey level shit)

• ahem... so can we agree on the following points?

1. There is some really good southern hip-hop out there

2. A lot of current rap from all over the map is sensationalist, stupid, and simple

3. Music that is sensationalist, stupid, or simple can also be good

4. It is pretty pointless to compare Nas with D4L

I was home sick yesterday, I'm back at work now so don't expect me to be wasting my time with you losers.