Saigon = full of shit?

Comments

• I was listening to Saigon tonight and I'm trying to figure out where his positive message is. I'm not saying I hated it but this lyric stands out:

"I don't battle, if you say shit to me I slide a razor cross your adams apple."

That and something about "what's more shallow than a homo's soul?"

All he does is talk shit. It's funny, kind of.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i need quick summary of the important events in this thread. how the hell did it get to 6 pages

• i need quick summary of the important events in this thread. how the hell did it get to 6 pages

I think I read half way down page 1 a week ago. That's as far as I got.

• THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

Just as an aside here: why do you guys that don't listen to much Southern rap always wanna big up David Banner as some sort of artistic exception?

Do you actually enjoy listening to him rap? He's cool as a producer, but he's released exactly one great song under his own name...

his albums are doo doo

• one thing we can agree on is Saigon is no Kevin Federline.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

Just as an aside here: why do you guys that don't listen to much Southern rap always wanna big up David Banner as some sort of artistic exception?

Do you actually enjoy listening to him rap? He's cool as a producer, but he's released exactly one great song under his own name...

his albums are doo doo

I TRIED TO GIVE ONE OF THESE SOUTHERN FUCKERS SOME PROPS BECAUSE HE IS ACTUALLY AN EDUCATED INTELLIGENT DUDE (WHICH OF COURSE IS NOT APPRECIATED BY THOSE WHO PREFER TO SEE MUTHAFUCKAS WHO ARE BUFFOONS, CLOWNS, NONSENSICAL THUGS, INCOHERENT ILLITERATE IRRESPONSIBLE HOODLUMS, DUM DUMS ETC.). EVEN THAT IS NOT APPRECIATED BY YOU HATTERISTIC BASTARDS. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT- THE ONLY DAVID BANNER RECORDS I EVEN KNOW ARE "LIKE A PIMP" AND THAT "WORK THAT CLIT, CUM GIRL" SONG. I LIKE BOTH OF THESE SONGS. BUT NEITHER OF THEM SHOW ANY ACTUAL LYRICAL ACUMEN. SO FINE- REPLACE HIS NAME ON THE LIST WITH BIG BOI AND ANDRE (PRE-JIMI HENDRIX /PRINCE / P-FUNK WANNABE PERIOD) AND KILLER MIKE. ARE YOU FUCKTARDS HAPPY NOW? NO, YOU ARE NOT. BECAUSE YOU ARE INSECURE, NO BUSINESS, RAT SOUP EATIN' MUTHAFUCKAS[/b] WHO REVEL IN YOUR OWN MISERY. I AM THROUGH[/b] WITH THIS COTDAMN THREAD. LORD KNOWS I HAVE TRIED TO CIVILIZE YOU MISBEGOTTEN WRETCHES- YOU ARE UNSALVAGABLE. PEACE, BITCHES... I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO MY SAIGON CHOPPED AND SCREWED CD NOW

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

his albums are doo doo

I TRIED TO GIVE ONE OF THESE SOUTHERN FUCKERS SOME PROPS BECAUSE HE IS ACTUALLY AN EDUCATED INTELLIGENT DUDE (WHICH OF COURSE IS NOT APPRECIATED BY THOSE WHO PREFER TO SEE MUTHAFUCKAS WHO ARE BUFFOONS, CLOWNS, NONSENSICAL THUGS, INCOHERENT ILLITERATE IRRESPONSIBLE HOODLUMS, DUM DUMS ETC.). EVEN THAT IS NOT APPRECIATED BY YOU HATTERISTIC BASTARDS. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT- THE ONLY DAVID BANNER RECORDS I EVEN KNOW ARE "LIKE A PIMP" AND THAT "WORK THAT CLIT, CUM GIRL" SONG. I LIKE BOTH OF THESE SONGS. BUT NEITHER OF THEM SHOW ANY ACTUAL LYRICAL ACUMEN. SO FINE- REPLACE HIS NAME ON THE LIST WITH BIG BOI AND ANDRE (PRE-JIMI HENDRIX /PRINCE / P-FUNK WANNABE PERIOD) AND KILLER MIKE. ARE YOU FUCKTARDS HAPPY NOW? NO, YOU ARE NOT. BECAUSE YOU ARE INSECURE, NO BUSINESS, RAT SOUP EATIN' MUTHAFUCKAS[/b] WHO REVEL IN YOUR OWN MISERY. I AM THROUGH[/b] WITH THIS COTDAMN THREAD. LORD KNOWS I HAVE TRIED TO CIVILIZE YOU MISBEGOTTEN WRETCHES- YOU ARE UNSALVAGABLE. PEACE, BITCHES... I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO MY SAIGON CHOPPED AND SCREWED CD NOW

Bah, whatever phill, you know you love to fight about it. Nice job quitting soulstrut by the way.

Bah, whatever phill, you know you love to fight about it. Nice job quitting soulstrut by the way.

OH, YOU WANT IT WITH ME NOW, TOO? CRUISE AWAY, SON. YOU NOT BUILT TO FUCK WITH THE REAL MAN. YEAH, I SAID I WAS THROUGH. AND YEAH, I AM NOW BACK. AGAIN. DON'T YOU FUCKERS OF MOTHERS KNOW THAT SOULSTRUT IS INTERNET ROCK COCAINE? ONCE YOU START FUCKIN' WITH IT ON THE REGULAR, YOU MAY SINCERELY DECIDE TO STAY AWAY FROM IT AT SOME POINT ONCE YOU SEE THAT IT IS DESTRUCTIVE AND DAMAGING TO YOU ON SO MANY LEVELS. YET THE ALL-CONSUMING EUPHORIA OF IT ALL WILL INEVITABLY CALL YOU BACK, SOONER BEFORE LATER. I DO NOT LOVE TO FIGHT ABOUT THIS SAME SCHITT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I THINK I DID WELL TO IGNORE EDPOWER'S INSIGNICANT RANT ABOUT EAST COAST RAP (EDPOWERS = MASTER OF THE OBVIOUS AND PREDICATABLE... SAY SOMETHING THAT WILL SURPRISE ME AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR PUTRID LIFE, EDPOWERS). I AM A MISSIONARY THAT WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO SPREAD THE TRUTH TO THIS LOST GENERATION OF RAP LISTENERS. IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WITH AN IOTA OF SENSE THAT I KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS THAN ALMOST ANY OF YOU. YET YOU WOULD RATHER REVEL IN YOUR IGNORANT WAYS THAN ACCEPT THESE JEWELS WHICH I ATTEMPT TO BESTOW UPON YOU. SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY MY GOOD INTENTIONS WILL DRY UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE OBLITERATION... UNFORTUNATELY, IT MAY BE THE ONLY WAY. TIME WILL TELL.

I BE ON THAT KRYPTONITE

STRAIGHT UP ON THAT KRYPTONITE

I BE ON THAT STRAIGHT UP ON THAT

I BE ON THAT KRYPTONITE

AAAHH I'M ON IT

AAAHH I'M ON IT

AAAHH I'M ON IT

AAAHH I'M ON IT

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

so who's going to be the first to name some NYC rappers to check for? all jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a list.

You're forgetting that the reason why NYC rap sucks is due (some-fucking-how) to the south being so popular. Nobody's gonna put up a list of anything fromt he entire east coast at all, lest they get the SHIT SONNED out of them (for further reference see Batmon's Kool Keith attempt).

That's a direct challenge Big Stacks.

I named two NYC acts (off-top) three pages ago but no one was reading!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Why not name two artists that someone has heard of? Are you gonna start talking about people's unreleased discography next?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    We all know Jay, Ghost, Dipset, and occasionally G-Unit are great... but thats about it...

Thats the point- that most of the great rap music for the past few years has come out of anywhere but NYC... NYC started losing its stature in the late 90s during the whole jiggy/underground split, which nearly gutted it...

We all know Jay, Ghost, Dipset, and occasionally G-Unit are great... but thats about it...

Tradionally I'm a fan of Ace, but I couldn't get with the beats on that record...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

NOTHING ! i've heard from the entire east coast in 2005 could fuck with Kryptonite,Stay Fly,From the South,Sittin Sideways,Coming Down,Draped Up,Get Throwed,Chop Chop,Lean Wit It,Turn it Up,The Story,Hustlers Ambition[/b] and a few more...

Wasn't that a New York record?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I TRIED TO GIVE ONE OF THESE SOUTHERN FUCKERS SOME PROPS BECAUSE HE IS ACTUALLY AN EDUCATED INTELLIGENT DUDE

THE ONLY DAVID BANNER RECORDS I EVEN KNOW ARE "LIKE A PIMP" AND THAT "WORK THAT CLIT, CUM GIRL" SONG.

Intelligent and educated, you say?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

NOTHING ! i've heard from the entire east coast in 2005 could fuck with Kryptonite,Stay Fly,From the South,Sittin Sideways,Coming Down,Draped Up,Get Throwed,Chop Chop,Lean Wit It,Turn it Up,The Story,Hustlers Ambition[/b] and a few more...

Wasn't that a New York record?

sorry i meant Hustler Music.... ....typing while drunk

I TRIED TO GIVE ONE OF THESE SOUTHERN FUCKERS SOME PROPS BECAUSE HE IS ACTUALLY AN EDUCATED INTELLIGENT DUDE

THE ONLY DAVID BANNER RECORDS I EVEN KNOW ARE "LIKE A PIMP" AND THAT "WORK THAT CLIT, CUM GIRL" SONG.

Intelligent and educated, you say?

DID I STUTTER, MUTHAFUCKA? YEAH, I SAID HE'S INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED. YOU KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW CONCERNING RAP MUSIC, SO OF COURSE YOU KNOW THIS, RIGHT? INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT MOST OF THESE MORONS OUT HERE WANT TO HEAR MORONIC LYRICS RATHER THAN ANYTHING THAT WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE A RAPPER SOUND INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED. JUST LIKE SO MANY OF THE INTELLIGENT BLACK ENTERTAINERS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS WHO'VE HAD TO SHUCK AND JIVE AND CLOWN IN FRONT OF MASSA JUST TO BE ACCEPTED. IT'S STILL GOING ON TODAY, JUST IN A NEW THUGGISH FORM. OOPS, LET ME STOP BEFORE I START SOUNDING TOO INTELLIGENT. THEN I WILL JUST BE BORING AND UNINSPIRED. YOU LI'L BITCHES GONNA LEARN, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. YOUR TIME IS ALMOST UP

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have to say, Philllll is killing it right now. Especially with those gremlins!

Fantastic!

But really, as a white man I would feel more comfortable if black entertainers would continue to entertain me in a way that I find stimulating and exciting, i.e. tales of violence, ignorance, and mysogony. I find that black artists with any substance or musical talent to be frightening, and invades upon my sense of white superiority. It also does not conform to my world view of black people in the hood "keeping it real."

Furthermore, your backlash against this type of music goes against my beleif that this is Black Music For All Black People Who Only Listen To This Type Of Music. I thought I had an inside pass to the hood and black culture, but if YOU PEOPLE are going to disagree about what black people are supposed to be like and appreciate, I might actually have to make black friends instead of getting all of my information from BET and the radio.

Please do not make me do this. I've just now learned to feel OK about knowing Mexicans (as long as they speak english, of course).

I'm calling strawman on this shit

Yawl are obscuring the argument entirely

Most folks who are defending southern rap here listen to WHATEVER the greatest rap of the moment is... geography, guntalk, education etc ain't got shit to do with it

Those who crap on southern acts in general have the hangups here...

I have to say, Philllll is killing it right now. Especially with those gremlins!

Fantastic!

But really, as a white man I would feel more comfortable if black entertainers would continue to entertain me in a way that I find stimulating and exciting, i.e. tales of violence, ignorance, and mysogony. I find that black artists with any substance or musical talent to be frightening, and invades upon my sense of white superiority. It also does not conform to my world view of black people in the hood "keeping it real."

Furthermore, your backlash against this type of music goes against my beleif that this is Black Music For All Black People Who Only Listen To This Type Of Music. I thought I had an inside pass to the hood and black culture, but if YOU PEOPLE are going to disagree about what black people are supposed to be like and appreciate, I might actually have to make black friends instead of getting all of my information from BET and the radio.

Please do not make me do this. I've just now learned to feel OK about knowing Mexicans (as long as they speak english, of course).

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER READ ON SOULSTRUT

• Southern mush-mouth crunk and gansta gigantic white t-shirt rapp
    is the most authentically African artform ever to be produced
    in the diaspora.

Deal with it.

I'm calling strawman on this shit

Yawl are obscuring the argument entirely

Most folks who are defending southern rap here listen to WHATEVER the greatest rap of the moment is... geography, guntalk, education etc ain't got shit to do with it

Those who crap on southern acts in general have the hangups here...

YOU ARE A LOSER BIG TIME. YOU DON'T EVEN READ THESE POSTS, YOU MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. MEANING YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF "U" AND "MPTION". BUT MOSTLY OUT OF "U". I CAN MAKE POST AFTER POST ABOUT SOUTHERN RAP I LIKE BUT YOU IMBECILES DON'T EVEN READ ANY OF THAT, DO YOU? I BE ON THAT KRYPTONITE. STRAIGHT UP ON THAT KRYPTONITE. I BE ON THAT STRAIGHT UP ON THAT I BE ON THAT KRYPTONITE. YOU DON'T CARE THAT I LOVE THAT SCHITT, YOU JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE. YOU'RE BLIND, BABY. BLIND TO THE FACTS OF THAT REAL SCHITT BECAUSE YOU LISTENIN' TO THAT GARBAGE. HOW CAN YOU LISTEN TO THE GREATEST RAP OF THE MOMENT WHEN YOUR MINISCULE BRAIN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EARTHLY IDEA WHAT CONSTITUTES GREAT RAP? STOP DEFENDING SOUTHERN RAP AND START DEFENDING BLACK PEOPLE DISPLAYING THEIR INTELLIGENCE, TALENT AND MORAL FIBER. THAT MAKES YOU A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE, DOESN'T IT? I SHOULD SLAP THE SCHITT OUT OF YOU IN THE NAME OF ALL INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED BLACK PEOPLE. I'M DONE WITH THE LIKES OF YOU, I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO MY M.O.P. CHOPPED AND SCREWED CD NOW

Southern mush-mouth crunk and gansta gigantic white t-shirt rapp
    in the diaspora.

Deal with it.

YOU FUCKING KKK BASTARD[/b]!!!!

Phill, you are very entertaining

I never said that you've crapped on southern acts in general though

But I must say, you certainly haven't made 'that real schitt' sound very appealing

And why are some so afraid to acknowledge, as has been said, that pretty much ALL rap of the past 15 years or so has addressed the same topics?? Except for dudes like Dilated Peoples that noone really listens to.

• Southern mush-mouth crunk and gansta gigantic white t-shirt rapp
    in the diaspora.

Deal with it.

YOU FUCKING KKK BASTARD[/b]!!!!

Many of us, by the way we act, we even lost our minds.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    YOU MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. MEANING YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF "U" AND "MPTION"

location required.

Southern mush-mouth crunk and gansta gigantic white t-shirt rapp
    in the diaspora.

Deal with it.

GAYtorade.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I can summarize this thread...
    Saigon = full of shit[/b]

• EDUCATION IS "WHITE".

An idea that is put forth to discuss and pick apart, as if the idea was a bundle of items tied together, but through discussion one part (like the arm) can be pulled off, and the rest retained. The hope is that in thinking about an idea as a strawman[/b], no one in the discussion gets too attached to it so that the idea can be picked apart objectively.[/b]

Phill, you are very entertaining

I never said that you've crapped on southern acts in general though

But I must say, you certainly haven't made 'that real schitt' sound very appealing

NO. I HAVEN'T. NOT TO IDOITS AND FOLLS, I SURE HAVEN'T. I CAN LEAD BITCHES TO THE WATER BUT I CAN'T MAKE THEM DRINK IT. PEOPLE ARE BASICALLY SHEEP- THEY MINDLESSLY MIGRATE IN WHATEVER DIRECTION THE REST OF THE FLOCK ARE MIGRATING IN. IF "THE REAL SCHITT" COMES BACK INTO FAVOR, YOU WILL ALL RETURN TO THE FOLD LIKE THE LIFELESS DRONES THAT YOU ARE. YOU WILL LOOK BACK AT THESE YEARS OF PARTYING TO IGNORANT MUSIC AND SAY "DAAAAAMN, DID I REALLY LIKE THAT INCOHERENT GARBAGE? I HAVE LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE MANY FADS IN MUSIC COME AND GO- I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE.

And why are some so afraid to acknowledge, as has been said, that pretty much ALL rap of the past 15 years or so has addressed the same topics?? Except for dudes like Dilated Peoples that noone really listens to.

THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN. IT IS ABOUT HOW YOU PRESENT YOUR ART. THERE ARE A MILLION WAYS TO SAY THE SAME THING, GRASSHOPPER. IT IS ABOUT SAYING IT IN A WAY IN WHICH IT HAS NEVER BEEN SAID BEFORE, TO SHINE A NEW LIGHT ON IT. EXPAND YOUR MIND, DON'T LET IT WITHER AND DIE. THE FACT THAT THE SHEEP TURN A DEAF EAR TO RAPPERS LIKE DILATED AND THE SO-CALLED "BORING" LITTLE BROTHER YET CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF "LAFFY TAFFY" MUSIC SHOULD CAUSE CONCERN FOR ANY SENSIBLE HUMANS. THIS IS THE PROBLEM- WITH EACH PASSING DAY, HUMANS BECOME MORE SENSELESS, LESS SENSITIVE. WHAT IS GOING ON IS REALLY FAR BIGGER THAN THESE POINTLESS "REAL SCHITT VS. SOUTHERN RAP" TIFFS. YOUR VERY SOULS HANG IN THE BALANCE. BUT FEAR NOT- I AM HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED COMFORTING. I WOULD RATHER JUST DESTROY YOU, BUT IF I CAN BE OF HELP TO ANY OF YOU CRETINS, I WILL DO MY BEST.