Do you own a gun ?

Comments

• I keep a gun under the bed. Just a .22. Never had to use it, hope I never will.

Question for other gun owners: do you have any kids in the house? If not, what do you plan on doing with the gun(s) when and if that happens?

• He also owns an AK

Is that legal?

as long as it's only semi-auto I think it is.

Full-Auto Machine guns are legal depending on what state you reside in. Each state has their own gun laws. In the states that machine guns are legal they are very exspensive, and require a Class III tax stamp from ATF, about a year wait, State background check, federal background check via FBI/ATF, and your local chief LEO must sign off for the paperwork. Same goes for suppressors (silencers)..........

Funny how this thread pops up once or twice a year............. )

~Crates

PS.

Always the same responses too. "I have one", "I have two", "Guns are dangerous", "Guns kill people".. etc..

Yawn...... meh!

• I own a 20 gauge shotgun but it resides in Jacksonville, FL with my parents. Biggest weapon in my house is a baseball bat.

• I'd say probably 95% of people in the US don't NEED a gun.

Excuse my ignorance, but where does that 5% of the US population that NEED a gun live?

What actually makes having a gun a necessity?

• a glock 22 - full size .40 cal

a glock 26 - mini 9mm

a taurus 606 - .357 magnum revolver with 2" barrel (nickel plated)

a beretta tomcat - .32 caliber semi auto (i guess i shouldn't count this one cuz the cops still have it)

a davis p-380 - .380 cal throwaway (just in case) ..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Do you own a gun ?

Who do you wanna kill...?

• You all are scaring me! I had no idea so many people had guns. I've only shot a gun once and it was off the side of a cruise ship. I just don't understand it. And, it's not like I live in some nice suburb or anything. There have been two shootings on my block in the last to years (that I know of) and there is still no way that I'd have a gun.

I guess when the big earthquake hits and people are stealing my records I'll be calling you big dudes with the guns, but damn. Is the world that dangerous that you need guns? Seriously, why do y'all feel you need guns? Is it truly for safety? Some sort of collecting thing? Masculinity thing?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't own a gun yet, but I will eventually, I need to learn a little bit more about them before I pick one up.

My pops used to have a .22 (prolly still does). He said he'd eventually give it to me but I ain't holding my breath besides I feel better having my own gun to learn and (never) use

• Yes.

Why?

• Yes.

Why?

So, just because you can?

• America is built on the idea that you can achieve whatever you want and you can protect your achievements with some serious firepower. I think, as a shop owner, you definitely want something to deter or prevent looting or bold theft. This is not some crackpot scenario, in the blackout a few years ago many downtown shops were looted.

My sister owns several guns, rifles, pistols, etc. and takes me shooting. I'll eventually cop something through her, or her BF who is an army sniper.

• This thread makes me glad i live in the UK...

• This thread makes me glad i live in the UK...

I wonder what American music would be without guns. Probably a lot less cool.

• Haha, true, on the one hand there's all the murders, but on the other hand there's M.O.P... i know which side i'd rather be on!

• This thread makes me glad i don't live in the UK...

The difference is "here" you have a choice in re. to gun ownership, in the UK you "don't"

~Crates

• Has anyone here every shot at anyone?

And...

If your shop gets looted, isn't there some sort of insurance? And, if you are holding a gun to protect your store doesn't it heighten the chances of yourself being shot?

It's really weird, I have no friends who have guns (that I know of) and I've never really had this sort of a discussion with someone who does own guns.

To me, guns have always been one thing: bad news.

• This thread makes me glad i don't live in the UK...

The difference is "here" you have a choice in re. to gun ownership, in the UK you "don't"

~Crates

Yes, but this same difference is probably the reason why you have such a violent society in the first place. Shit like this is subjective anyways, and if I'd been born and raised over there, I'd probably agree with you all about owning a piece.
    But since I didnt, I have to stand by my point, that the more guns there are around, more likely some crazy person is able to get his hands on one, more likely someone is going to get shot and killed, more likely it can go off intentionally, more likely some distressed individual is going to attempt robbery etc.

In Finland, mostly the only people who have and use handguns regularly are professional criminals, motorcycle gangs and the Police. There is certainly some violence as in any human society, but since the guns are missing, people usually come off alive from these encounters.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread makes me glad i don't live in the UK...

~Crates

Yes, but this same difference is probably the reason why you have such a violent society in the first place.

Speaking of... has anybody seen this? I'm kind of curious to know what it's all about.

• I've only shot a gun once and it was off the side of a cruise ship.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=6&u=/ap/20051105/ap_on_re_af/pirate_attack_7

Pirates, eh?

• Worse, skeets.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I had a 9mm stolen in NY. My boy bought it for me at a gun show in AZ for like 100 bucks, about another 15 bucks for a clip full of "home security" bullets.

Dude who robbed my house took the gun down to long island and shot his P.O. in the face with it. He must have took out the home security bullets though, because the guy he shot lived.

I heard he just recently got out of prison.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Got a gang of these when go record shopping late at night.

• Present company excepted(cough), I find I wouldn't trust most of the general population with a butter knife never mind a gun.
    Oh and you can own a gun in the UK, its just the regulations are a lot stricter, you can't just get one in your local store.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Guns are dangerous.

Real talk.

Seems like last time we had this conversation everyone was talking about how they got rid of their guns (or should) because they always wave them around when they are drunk.

If liberals had been armed would GWB have walked away with the 2000 election?

The reason guns are allowed in our constitution, is because the goverment needs to be kept in check. That is why the Black Panthers carried them. "..being necessary to the security of a free State..."

If the liberals arm themselves for 2008 I suggest not registering your guns. Telling the goverment what guns you own, and where to find them defeats the purpose of arming yourself against the goverment.

The constitution does not give you the right to shoot a looter or burgler. If you shoot a looter or burgler you are commiting murder and should be sent to jail. Your stupid records are not worth anyones life or limb.

The constitution does not give you the right to go sport hunting, or to be a gun collector. Only the right to arm yourself and form militias to protect The People from the goverment.

All that being said, I don't own a gun. I doubt I ever will.

Guns Are Dangerous

Dan

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

The constitution does not give you the right to shoot a looter or burgler. If you shoot a looter or burgler you are commiting murder and should be sent to jail. Your stupid records are not worth anyones life or limb.

If someone breaks into my crib, sorry.............It's not about my records or my personal belongings. It's about what that individual's intentions are and frankly, I'm not going to sit there and ask him 20 questions about what those are. I have myself and my wife to protect.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

If someone breaks into my crib, sorry.............It's not about my records or my personal belongings. It's about what that individual's intentions are and frankly, I'm not going to sit there and ask him 20 questions about what those are. I have myself and my wife to protect.

You watch way to much television. Nobody wants to break into your house and murder you and rape your wife. They want to take your laptop and sell it for tomorrows hit of meth.

But like your friend says, once you pull the gun, somebody is going to get shot.

Dan

• The constitution does not give you the right to shoot a looter or burgler. If you shoot a looter or burgler you are commiting murder and should be sent to jail. Your stupid records are not worth anyones life or limb.

You watch way to much television. Nobody wants to break into your house and murder you and rape your wife. They want to take your laptop and sell it for tomorrows hit of meth.

But like your friend says, once you pull the gun, somebody is going to get shot.

Dan

A few blocks up from my house a guy on speed and ectstacy broke into a some peoples homes, in the middle of the day, the people, HE BEHEADED THEM!!!!

I love your optimistic view but the reality is not pretty.

• You watch way to much television. Nobody wants to break into your house and murder you and rape your wife. They want to take your laptop and sell it for tomorrows hit of meth.

What about the people who actually do break into people's houses and rape their wives? What did they actually want to do instead?

• I wonder what American music would be without guns. Probably a lot less cool.

really all those guys showing their "guns" is

and far away from being cool!

I personally begin to understand better why beings like Bush are allowed to do politics now !

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    Do you own a gun ?

Who do you wanna kill...?

........all serious pests over here, owning a gun for self defence is p-noid in the extreme.....toe to toe or leg it